Exalted 2.0

Started by Valkyr, September 22, 2008, 08:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainErotica

The setting looks awesome so far. I wish I would have tried this one sooner.

Mia

So an exalted harlet would be ok?
I would like to meet the woman that invented sex to see what she is working on now.

ON and OFF: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8615.0

KingMob

Quote from: Mia on September 25, 2008, 07:16:18 AM
So an exalted harlet would be ok?

Compared to, say, D&D, I've found even vanilla Exalted games tend to be pretty heavy on the sexuality-aspect, and the majority of 'canon' relationships in the books tend to be far from heteronormative.  One of the famous charachters from Dreams of the First Age is a Fire-aspect Dragonblood who's a professional courtesean and rightly inscensed by slowly being forced out of her job by creations specifically designed and bred to fulfill the role of pleasure-slaves.

She even has a set of artifact, armored, lingerie.

In other words, it wouldn't be anything that hadn't been done before.   ;D

Mia

My view of Exalted, especially 2.0 is that it has very much of the same feel as Robert Jordan's books about Dragon Reborn... at least it has in the games I have played in.
I would like to meet the woman that invented sex to see what she is working on now.

KingMob

It depends on the ST, I've found.  In the longest running Vanilla-type campaign that I was in, my charachter had to deal with seductive, incestuous Dragonblooded Cynis backer conducting a party completely nude barring jewelry and essence, an essence 6 Dragonblooded immaculate shapeshifting a prepubescent male fire-aspect Dragonblood to female to hide him/her from some complications, had a whore-ish, cross-dressing male Eclipse caste Solar get turned female by his/her first age male Lunar spouse, and had to personally deal with gaining ownership of a former celestial Goddess with dependancy and submission issues. 

I won't even go into the botched prayer rolls he managed. 

Transgirlenstein

I've never played Exalted..but Im interested.  If someone can help me find a..less then legal copy I would be willing to try and play if there is room.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Vekseid

Exalted in the second age would be better described as heteroidontfreakingcare - it's typical for young (sub ~100 years) Exalts to stick to their normal sexual preferences, though Dynastic Dragon-Blooded are certainly encouraged to experiment. In Dreams of the First Age, it's quite heteronormative - not in the sense that being heterosexual is bad, but in the sense that having not experienced something is considered 'bad', at least by celestials.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Robguy on September 25, 2008, 06:24:35 AM
  i just picked up the 2.p rules book and a heaping handful of others so I am willing to give St a try as lnog as you don't mind giving me a few days to read the rules, and have patience with me being a new ST. I do have tons of GM/ST experience in other systems so it shouldn't be too bad.

I think there's enough people familiar with the rules that we can help you fill in any blanks.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Pumpkin Seeds

quote author=Robguy link=topic=21383.msg832905#msg832905 date=1222341875]
  i just picked up the 2.p rules book and a heaping handful of others so I am willing to give St a try as lnog as you don't mind giving me a few days to read the rules, and have patience with me being a new ST. I do have tons of GM/ST experience in other systems so it shouldn't be too bad.
[/quote]

I think we'll be a gentle crew for you to start with and seems there's alot of expierence floating around in here.

HairyHeretic

Yup. For myself, played pen and paper 1st and 2nd ed games, ran a 1st ed Abyssals campaign (Infernal Badgers FTW  ;D) and played a few on RPoL that have lasted varying lengths of time. I also have a complete book set, 1st and 2nd ed both, bar I think a new Compass of Terrestial Directions got released this week.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Valkyr

Thanks Rob,  I'd be willing to lower the power level to starting level characters thanks to your level of experience.
Ons and Offs

This was never my world, you took the Angel away....

Mia

If we are going for stereotypes here I want to pick the seducer and healer!

Valkyr

Ah, well if were "Calling" things

Zenith caste, fire and brimstone monster hunter specializing in righteous devil style.  (Firewand based martial art)
Ons and Offs

Mia

I'll guess that would make me a Zenith (even if that would be unnecessary as Valkyr would play that) or a Twilight.

ZK

*flops about* I'm not sure how I missed this one. WAR has been taking up way too much time. Any room for anymore or if things go, I guess another type of Celestial if you'd have me. ^^
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Chris Brady

Is there room for another player?  I'll be the Token beatstick,-er Dawn Caste...

I will never run Exalted (I swear that game is designed to be run by masochists :) ), but I'd love to play in it...
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

HairyHeretic

I aim to dust off Raven, my swashbuckling Night Caste. I still haven't had a proper go with him, as the game's he gets into tend to fold before they really get going.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Pumpkin Seeds

I'd go for an Eclipse if nobody else wants them.  Delve into the secrets of the other supernaturals and such.

KingMob

And I expressed my urge to play a Twilight when I first posted.  Likely with sorcery, crafting, and probably some social-fu, as all my charachters inevitably end up with social-fu.  Though the 2e system makes this slightly difficult to handle, and alot less likely if we're playing lower-powered charachters. 

CaptainErotica

Okay,

I have the following people who have expressed interest.

Valkyr
Mia
Muse
Asku
Hairy Heretic
King Mob
ZK
Chris Brady
Tripping Satyr

That's 9 players. Quite a few, especially for my first go as ST, but it shouldn't be a problem.

At this time I am not accepting anymore players.

I like Valkyr's origional story idea. from what I have digested of the rules so far, it sounds like it would be fun. However, I am going to go ahead and do this with recently "Exalted" characters, so her idea might be too powerful. With 9 characters it might work out okay. I'll know more in a day or two.

for now let's plan on running with her idea. you can start getting your characters ready if you want. Though there will be a good deal of fighting, non combat skills will come in handy as well.

Valkyr

Well, my character is still possible at character creation.  She won't be a master of her martial arts style, but that's okay.  But,  I'm not sure I can make the character anyway, what books did you manage to get?
Ons and Offs

HairyHeretic

Are there any restrictions you want to put in place? It's quite possible I may want to take equipment at least from books you may not have (yet). Raven is an ex-Ashigaru from Lookshy, so he still has his Ashigaru skirmish armour and a shock pike. I can provide stats on everything I would plan to use.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ZK

Way things are going, either Castes are going to double up, or some of us could play as Lunars with perhaps Solar Bond to some of the PCs. That always proves interesting.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Chris Brady

What books are allowed?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

HairyHeretic

Quote from: ZK on September 26, 2008, 01:16:28 PM
Way things are going, either Castes are going to double up, or some of us could play as Lunars with perhaps Solar Bond to some of the PCs. That always proves interesting.

That could be fun too.

Cattle die, kinsmen die