The Heathens - a post-apocalyptic LGBTQ freeform badassery interest check

Started by Ouroboros, November 08, 2015, 12:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caehlim

Having some more specific details would be helpful, but I've made a few assumptions and built a character concept that can hopefully fit in. I've sent Sam in to see how he works out.

Sam
Name: Syaama Rouhani
Nicknames/Codenames: "Sam"
Age & Birthdate: 25, unknown.
Height: 6'0"
Body Type: Slender, Athletic.
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Features: Tattoos over his body, strange patterns which are superstitious wards against the strange energy of artifacts that make it safe to travel the wilds. Some say they do nothing, but Sam hasn't mutated yet, has he? They're mostly in places that are usually covered by clothes as many puritans frown on these as a form of pagan witchcraft.
Faceclaim: Hamid Fadaei

Personality: Sam is used to being on his own and has a tendency toward being quiet and speaking only rarely. He favours action over talk. However despite the appearance this gives him he isn't actually shy and can speak easily in front of a large group when necessary, although even then it tends to be short and to the point. He travels light and avoids owning anything he can't carry with him. He's curious, always wanting to know what's over the next horizon or in that strange cave. He's practical, not really one for hypotheticals or philosophy. He's brave, willing to face danger when necessary for himself and others. Going to someone's rescue is something he does without even thinking, it wouldn't ever cross his mind not to do it. As much as he is willing to use force defensively, he values life and would prefer not to have to harm anyone if there is an alternative.

General History: Sam grew up on the outskirts of a larger community, the only child of a couple who hunted and scavenged for a living. He was raised within the community but always felt like an outsider. His family had never fully settled down and were often going out into the wilds for weeks at a time. As soon as he was old enough Sam joined them, braving longer and more dangerous travels the older he got. He found it hard to connect with friends in the community though most of whom had little experience of the wider world beyond the walls and gates they'd grown up within. One day, when Sam was around sixteen, his parents didn't return from a journey they had judged too dangerous to bring Sam with them. He waited a few days, in case they were late and then went out looking for them.

He never found them but he never went back either. He started traveling the wilds, traveling between communities as a courier, trader or explorer. He was always an outsider wherever he went and remained quite isolated. A few months ago though he ran into a terrified young man near one of the communities, he'd been exiled, chased out of town and close to lynched for his sexuality. The young man had expected to die in the wilds, Sam helped him reached a place he'd heard rumours about. When Sam reached the Heathens he felt that he'd found his people. Even aside from being queer himself, he felt a kinship with fellow outsiders and liked being around a community where not fitting in could be understood. Although he still goes off into the wilds, he's remained close to the Heathens for the last few months coming closer and closer to settling down for good.

Skills: Sam is experienced with survival in the wilds and knows how to travel for long distances while remaining fairly safe. He's fit, usually hiking or running rather than relying upon vehicles. While he does know how to use a gun, he's much more practiced with the bow and arrow since it's less dependent upon ammunition. He knows how to hunt, slaughter, butcher and cook most wildlife and can prepare even mutated animals for fairly safe consumption. He can do enough carpentry and basic low-tech crafting to keep his gear repaired and maintained but knows nothing about more advanced science and technology. He can do basic first aid and knows a few plants with medical properties.

Sexuality: Asexual, biromantic.
Sensual On’s: Cuddles, kissing, intimate touching, hand-holding.
Sexual Off’s: Rushing into anything sexual or sex without a lot of intimacy.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Vael the Destroyer

Ouroboros

So!

This week has been crazy. I do apologize for the silence on my part - I have been playing host to parent and friends, and never should the twain meet again because they have nothing in common. To those of you who sent PMs, you are lovely people and I will get back to you soon. By Friday, definitely, if not tonight.
Semi-Relevant Information
wants and needs | apologies and absences  | ons and offs

Wabbit

Super-duper interested in this! But I will lurk for a bit until I see a character sheet, and actually fill it out, myself, to make sure I have enough muse to commit.

I like reading everyone's thoughts, and the simple fact that I'm actually, finally, for the first time, have a setting where I'm able to play a gray-sexual character who won't be the odd-man out, or have their sexual identity blurred to heterosexual. I've my eye on this!

Ouroboros

Hello, and thank you for your interest! I hope to have some information up this weekend for people to work with. I think at this point I have Travel Crud from the various people who were visiting and while it's not bad it has killed my brain. xD

Blobbe

As a potential interested, what rating/section would this be in?

Thanls

Ouroboros

Hm. I hadn't quite gotten that far yet. Probably Extreme, but I don't really anticipate anything tremendously extreme occurring. It's just to give people the freedom to write without too much restriction. If others have feedback please feel free to chime in though!

Blobbe

Quote from: Ouroboros on November 21, 2015, 07:57:39 AM
Hm. I hadn't quite gotten that far yet. Probably Extreme, but I don't really anticipate anything tremendously extreme occurring. It's just to give people the freedom to write without too much restriction. If others have feedback please feel free to chime in though!

Fair enough. In that case, I might pass. Thank you and all the best then

Lockepick

For what it's worth, I think I've got a general idea/motivation for a character! Just idly mentioning that I'm still interested.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Ouroboros

Glad to hear it lockepick! And I do apologize for my lack of responsiveness. I really should have expected to 1). not have time to post while I had houseguests and 2). to get sick after because this is what always happens.

So. Currently I am unwell, but attempting to Get Things Done. This is on the list for (hopefully) later tonight. Those of you who have contacted me about characters, I like what I'm seeing and you have the greenlight/go ahead to keep working.

Lockepick

No rush! Take care of yourself and your guests first. No real rush!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Ouroboros on November 21, 2015, 06:15:47 PM
Glad to hear it lockepick! And I do apologize for my lack of responsiveness. I really should have expected to 1). not have time to post while I had houseguests and 2). to get sick after because this is what always happens.

So. Currently I am unwell, but attempting to Get Things Done. This is on the list for (hopefully) later tonight. Those of you who have contacted me about characters, I like what I'm seeing and you have the greenlight/go ahead to keep working.

Also rather unwell, which is not conducive to character brainstorming. My apologies.

And goodness, Ouro, guests? RL guests certainly come first!

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Wolfling72

(Ouro...I lost my character concept...I know I PM'ed him to you...do you think you could send him back at some point so I can work on him some more...PWEEZE???)

Waves hello
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Wolfling72

Expanded upon it and made it prettier. I hope he fits...

Marcus profile
Name: Marcus "Markie" Loudin
Ethnicity: Jamaican
Height: 6'6"
Body Type: Large, well muscled, athletic

Distinguishing Features Various tattoos and a hoop through his bottom lip, carved from a piece of old polished bone. A scar in the shape of a bite on left calf, missing a small chunk there. He speaks the language of his forefathers as well as plain English, voice carries a trace of accent. Locs that come to the center of his back.

Personality: Does not trust easily and uses humor to keep others at an emotional distance. Polite and abrupt in equal measure depending upon circmstances and the people that surround him. He tries to avoid trouble by maintaining physical distance between himself and others. Though he is large; he is also very light on his feet. He does not laugh often but he wears a near constant grin, the better to hide his thoughts.

History: Raised in one of the nicer enclaves of "post modern civilization", he'd always known that he was different. He'd tried to hide it, tried to ignore it and worked really hard to fit in with the rest of the small community that had arisen from the ashes outside of a major metropolitan area. This particular community prized conformity and child rearing above all else but, as has been noted; he did not give two shits for any of that. He just wanted peace and a place where he could be himself.

A few years after he came to majority; he was caught in a compromising position with a MALE elder of this particular community. Since he did not have either the years or the clout of his "lover", the enclave decided to rid themselves of him. At first? They locked him up, did things to him. Kept him out of the population. When he did not change, would NOT change? He was put out, with only his few meager belongings and enough MRE's for a week's worth of travel.

He enjoyed it. There were a few accidents. A few scavengers of the feral human kind DIED and he ended up with a few more scars BUT none of that mattered. What mattered was freedom. What mattered was the fact that no one tried to turn him into something/someone that he wasn't. Solitary travel increased his proficiency with knives and with his fists. It also worsened his temper but being alone meant that no one was harmed by that aspect of his personality.

Eventually? He ended up with others like himself but he spends just as much time outside of the group as he does with them.

Skills: Hand and knife fighting, tracking, brick making and building (as that was his previous job at the former enclave). He is a dab hand at furniture making (when wood can be gathered or found with that intention) and is best at most solitary pursuits that involve strenth or silence.

Sexuality: Gay - Dominant/Top
On's: Anything covered by the phrase "A man who knows his place..."
Off's: Vore, toilet play, non-con/rape, anything tentacle-y, pedophilia or necrophilia
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

lore

Throwing in my gal for review

Kit

Name: Catherine Aldermore
Nicknames/Codenames: "Kit"
Age & Birthdate: 29, winter.
Height: 5'2"
Body Type: Athletic.
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Features: Kit has a distinctly androgynous profile and tomboyish frame, reinforced by her choice of loose fitting work attire. When reading or working, she wears a pair of large black framed glasses held together by tape and fixative.
Faceclaim: erika linder

Personality & History
: Smart, snarky intellectual pansexual – an advisor and longtime Heathen who sees to all things agricultural. She survived being raised by dirt farmers desperately trying to get something to grow from irradiated soil only to be very suddenly and unexpectedly betrothed to their landholder’s knuckle-dragging son. She was unknowingly walked into a marriage ceremony but managed to escape the night of their would-be honeymoon.

She ran because she was afraid of becoming a mother and a wife. She ran because she always wanted better. It was because of the books. They had corrupted her. A large shipping container, brimming with tomes from the world before had been delivered to her homestead, mislabeled as kindling for their plow machines. Most were burned, but many survived, squirreled away in an old drainage pipe to be studied by lantern light.

Kit comes off as assured, shamelessly acknowledging her belief in everyone’s right to do whatever with whomever they please, but has muddled through a life of uncertainty. She’s looking for something, hoping to find it – or better: build it – with the heathens. She’s been with them for years and has acquired a reputation for snapping at assistants and being an aloof and cluttered thinker. If you’ve been assigned to work under her as a greenhouse grunt, you’ve probably pissed someone off.

Skills: Kit is more valued for her brains than brawn. She can make damn near anything grow and has expanded her interests to water purification. She’s learned to cultivate the skills of others as well, attempting to bring all with technical knowhow into the fold of her logistical operations – if not drain them of a few good ideas.

Sexuality: Has tried a bit of everything and remains uncertain
Sensual On’s: Good men. Bad women. 
Sexual Off’s: Anything that violates her consent.

Bibliophilia

You have my interest.  But, then, you had that when you made a post-apocalyptic wonderland for LGBTQers.  -prances.-  I've never played one of my omnisexual, gender-fluid lovies in a post-apoc world before.

Wolfling72

Quote from: Bibliophilia on November 25, 2015, 12:58:45 AM
You have my interest.  But, then, you had that when you made a post-apocalyptic wonderland for LGBTQers.  -prances.-  I've never played one of my omnisexual, gender-fluid lovies in a post-apoc world before.

Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet....
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Bibliophilia

So, I can't resist.  I'm going with Erika Linder for my character, and making her a chef/gardener.

If we're set underground, or the surface is too dangerous for extended stays, then she'll have a hydroponic "farm" with grow-lights.  It'll have fruits, veggies, herbs and medicinal plants...including cannabis.  If the setting allows for a traditional greenhouse, though, she'll only grow some things hydroponically, unless the soil's been wrecked by the Events.

lore

Don't mind sharing, but heads up, I posted an erika linder character who is also a farmer (three posts above)

Edit

In fact, I'm open to them being related. Hit me up with a pm if you're interested :)

Bibliophilia

OH!  I totally didn't realize that was Erika.  -giggles.-  Wow, and you made yours a gardener!  Clearly great minds think alike.

-ponders.-  Actually....yeah, I could just stick to blond Erika, and they could be twins, or something.  Sending a PM!

la dame en noir

Hello! Just wanted to peek in and stare at the profiles. You have an interesting plot going on :3
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Bibliophilia

Quick question!  How long has it been since the apocalypse?  I read through the thread, but I could easily have missed this, if it was already posted somewhere.

lore

QuoteThat I can answer easily enough - you were not born before everything happened. It has been at least a few generations, depending on how breeding-happy your area of origin was.

Bibliophilia

Thank you!

-ponders.-  That helps a lot in dictating my character history.

Ouroboros

Welcome, everyone who has stopped in since last I peeked into the thread! I have a few more things to put together, but I don't do Thanksgiving and should have the time this weekend (finally!) to do something GMy.

And in the meantime please let me know if you have any questions.