Not Your Average Lord (female seeking male)

Started by Ravensahnk, March 15, 2016, 02:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravensahnk

An older man was losing his land. He could do nothing to stop it, the people that where coming to him where just forcing him to sell it off to them. At first he tried to resist them, but they started to burn down his crops, kill off his animals, or threaten his wife. He felt like he was powerless, a worthless man. So he visited the lord of the land, trying to get him to help him out. There were tales in the village that the lord wield dark powers that would be able to help anyone if they offered enough to pay for what they wanted. He was a poor man, and all he had was his land. He thought that he would offer a fourth of it to the lord.

He travelled long to reach his castle, and once he arrived the lord met with him. "Please help me my lord, my land is being taken from me, and I wish for the people to leave me alone. I need my land to be able to live, to support my family. I offer you a fourth of it, that way you can sell it off, or keep it, and I will still be able to live."

The lord looked down at the man, he was not pleased by this offer at all. "Do you think I would use any of my power to help you for some dirt? Get out of my sight, you worthless scum." Guards grabbed the man, and started to drag him out of the room. He yelled, and begged the lord to reconsider. "Please my lord, my wife, my two daughters would die if you don't help..."

The lord turned around, thinking for a moment. "Hold. I will take your eldest daughter. She will come and live here, and clean my estate for me. You will have one less mouth to feed, and your land will be saved."

(Idea from FallenAngelNajdan.  I would  play the eldest daughter to be traded, I am looking for the dark and powerful lord.)