D&D 3.5 Forgotten Realms Campaign (No Longer Accepting Apps)

Started by Keelan, September 09, 2010, 11:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swordwind

Well in my spare time I've crafted this man. Hopefully he will fit into this group, should he be selected. Enter the . Knight

Should anything be wrong with him do not hesitate to point it out.

sleepingferret

Eeek it's a knight... *hides* I swear sir, your candy bar....um...uh...the tiefling took it. :P

Finalized (I think...or at least the current revision of my character...) Character:

http://www.grimstonestudios.com/files/zerchai.html

Changed a few feats around after re-reading through some stuff, added synergy bonuses to skills (and actually spent all 82 skill points), and of course formatted it all into a quick and dirty html page.

Edit: last character revisions done at 3:30 pm CST (9/12/10).  Added items worn, equipment carrying location information, and background.

Zaer Darkwail

And interesting enough; a purple dragon knigth with no +modifier in charisma (but nor penalty).

swordwind

Keelan

Quote from: Blackshade10 on September 12, 2010, 04:25:42 AM

I rolled really, really badly. >.<

Assuming I even rolled correctly.  It was 4d6 keep the highest, right? o.o

Yes, Blackshade (sorry it took me so long to respond :P) This is a do-over.  Your lowest allowed value is ten, but reroll the whole thing.  I know how much it friggin' blows having half-cocked stats in a game, especially with the numbers I've seen for everyone else.  At this point, reroll until you get something better, with all numbers no lower than 10

EDIT: Saw your second reroll, but again, now number lower than 10, and I believe I saw a nine in there... you can reroll just the ones below 10 this time instead ^_^

Blackshade10

Quote from: Keelan on September 12, 2010, 10:19:35 PM
Yes, Blackshade (sorry it took me so long to respond :P) This is a do-over.  Your lowest allowed value is ten, but reroll the whole thing.  I know how much it friggin' blows having half-cocked stats in a game, especially with the numbers I've seen for everyone else.  At this point, reroll until you get something better, with all numbers no lower than 10

EDIT: Saw your second reroll, but again, now number lower than 10, and I believe I saw a nine in there... you can reroll just the ones below 10 this time instead ^_^

Thank you very much! :D
*waves* I'm looking for RP!  Feel free to PM me!  I'm very open minded!

sleepingferret

Proposed Character List (as of 9/12/10):
Asher Vinin - Male Half-Nymph (human) Cloistered Cleric of Sharess 12 (sheet)
Javier Gerhead - Male Human Purple Dragon Knight 5/Fighter 7 (sheet)
Zerchai - Male Githzerai Soulknife 8/Psychic Warrior 4 (sheet)
Xagoris - Male Tiefling Sorcerer 12 (sheet)
Bael'reth-ruil Dlargareth - Male Fey'ri Arcane Archer 5/Ranger 6/Sorcerer 1 (sheet)
Pumiro - Female Fire-Souled Tibbit Thrallherd 7/Psion (Telepath) 5

Blackshade10

I rolled a 12 to replace that 9 and switched my Dexterity and strength scores around. :) 

Here's the new sheet:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=239671

Keelan

Quote from: sleepingferret on September 12, 2010, 10:35:53 PM
Proposed Character List (as of 9/12/10):
Asher Vinin - Half-Nymph (human) Cloistered Cleric of Sharess 12 (sheet)
Javier Gerhead - Human Purple Dragon Knight 5/Fighter 7 (sheet
Zerchai - Githzerai Soulknife 8/Psychic Warrior 4 (sheet)
Xagoris - Tiefling Sorcerer 12 (sheet
Bael'reth-ruil Dlargareth - Fey'ri Arcane Archer 5/Ranger 6/Sorcerer 1 sheet
Pumiro - Fire-Souled Tibbit - Thrallherd 7/Psion (Telepath) 5

Why thank you, oh great sleeping one; that makes it much easier on me ^_^

With this, we have the... absolute shit-ton of applicants >.<  I was not expecting so many people to be interested in this *feels pride and self-worth growing ^_^*

Alright, at this point I think I'll be calling a stop to all further applications; I'm going to have to eliminate people as it is, sadly enough.  Over the next day or so, I shall be going over, reviewing the characters as best as I can, checking for errors and such, and determining who will make the best team.  I originally planned this to be a 4 man group, with me playing one character because it's something I'm 1.) used to doing in my RL games (small group), and 2.) It's quite fun, though it doesn't usually result in me getting more 'party control' any, sadly enough :P  This would mean, however, that I'd be eliminating half of you as is... so yeah, no more applications!

Mind you, if you don't make it into the group, that does not mean that your character is, for whatever reason, not good, or that I don't like you or anything like that; I've looked them all over, and all of the characters seem to be well done and interesting so far, but I have to choose a small number of you, so I'm going to be choosing characters I feel will work together best at this point.  I am toying with the idea of expanding the group size, but I make absolutely no promises on anything of the sort.

If you have questions, requests, or anything like that, feel free to contact me in most any fashion available, which would be this thread or PMing me, to be honest.  Preferences for starting locations will be taken into account, as will any ideas offered for plot, arcs, lines, or the like.  I will be forming my game largely around the group as a whole, but letting me know your preferences and tastes, be it for combat, roleplay, or even sexual situations, then I can make it better for everyone individually as well.

So, before I start rambling... *leaves to go do stuff elsewhere*

sleepingferret

You're welcome darling....besides I had nothing better to do.  Well ok, there is probably a whole list of things I should be doing...including probably actually sleeping, instead of hanging around here on E...but oh well.  I'll get around to them tomorrow.

Blackshade10

Background PMed to you! :)

I'll throw any additional information (Preferences on theme, starting area, etc.) after you've had time to read the background! ^^ Don't want to overwhelm you.

ff

What's/where's the half-nymph?  I've seen it a lot at E and am curious (b/c I often like to do Charisma-based characters, and if it's popular it means it's probably good  :P).

Keelan

Quote from: ff on September 13, 2010, 03:27:20 AM
What's/where's the half-nymph?  I've seen it a lot at E and am curious (b/c I often like to do Charisma-based characters, and if it's popular it means it's probably good  :P).

http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php <-- It can be found here, under the 'Template' PDF.  It's from one of the Dragon Magazines, which is why you probably won't be able to fine it anywhere else :P

ff

Thanks.

Questions (apologies if I missed earlier in thread):

1. How do we do HP? (I'd normally default to max-first-plus-half-after as default like Kunoichi, but I see people doing 3/4ths and other higher things.)

2. I abhor "rolled" stats. Could I do something like - take the other PCs' stats, figure their point buy values, take the average, and use that for my point buy? (Or just use the same array as the 'median' PC of the others, permuting the 6)?

Zaer Darkwail

I would advice use Invisible Castle online diceroller for the stats.

Keelan

Quote from: ff on September 13, 2010, 12:28:19 PM
Thanks.

Questions (apologies if I missed earlier in thread):

1. How do we do HP? (I'd normally default to max-first-plus-half-after as default like Kunoichi, but I see people doing 3/4ths and other higher things.)

2. I abhor "rolled" stats. Could I do something like - take the other PCs' stats, figure their point buy values, take the average, and use that for my point buy? (Or just use the same array as the 'median' PC of the others, permuting the 6)?
I shall be contacting you via PM shortly on this.

Kunoichi

*is interested in seeing what sort of character ff will come up with*

Laughing Hyena

Well lets not leave this hanging in the air. I wanna see who is in and who is out. The wait is worse then the verdict in my opinion.

Keelan

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on September 14, 2010, 07:21:49 PM
Well lets not leave this hanging in the air. I wanna see who is in and who is out. The wait is worse then the verdict in my opinion.
My apologies about the wait, but I have one more app and character sheet I'm waiting on from someone who informed me ahead of time that they would not be back to E until yesterday, and would have no access to a computer beforehand.  Since this person informed me in advance, I said I would wait a bit on the sheet.  I will be choosing characters and players soon enough, however, whether or not the other person's sheet is in or not.

I ask that you all be patient please; the game will likely be starting up this weekend regardless of if I choose characters tonight or three from now, due to RL requirements on my end before then.

Kunoichi

I can be plenty patient, myself. ^^; Take all the time you need, Keelan.

Blackshade10

sleepingferret

You don't need to dance.... please you avatar is distracting enough. :P

Darn dancing cartoons.....

ff

Name, background coming soon; don't be surprised if she reminds you of Cheetara from Thundercats...

She will probably be from Maztica (Toril's 'New World'), part of a jaguar-like humanoid race who was corporeally laced with jade as part of a ritualistic 'sacrifice' ceremony at the hands of Maztican humans (Aztec-like), but prior to having her heart cut out and the rest of her turned into a materially valuable jade statue, Amnian conquistadors invaded that pocket of  Maztican civilization, and brought her back with them her to Faerun. Either as a zoo-like prize, a befriended adventurer, or possibly in a petrified 'jade' state from which she was later Stone to fleshed but retained some 'earthy' attributes.

Lynxra
mineral warrior catfolk scout 4 ranger 8
Medium Humanoid (earth, feline)
Hit Dice: 12d8+48 (105 hp)
Initiative: +6 (10)
Speed: 50 ft., burrow 25 ft. 
Armor Class: 30 (+8 Dex, +8 armor, +4 natural), touch 18, flat-footed 22
Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+14
Attack: +1 comp. longbow 22 ranged (1d8+4/x3) or mw greatsword 15 (2d6+4/19-20)
Full Attack: +1 comp. longbow 22/17/12 or 20/20/15/10 or 16/16/16 ranged (1d8+4/x3) or mw greatsword 15/10/5 (2d6+4/19-20)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: distracting attack, earth strike (1/day: +4 atk, +12 dmg), favored enemies (constructs +4, oozes +2, undead +4), ranger spells 2/1, skirmish (3d6, +3 AC)
Special Qualities: battle fortitude +1, damage reduction 8/adamantine, darkvision 60', low light vision, swift tracker, trackless step, trapfinding, uncanny dodge, woodland stride, wild empathy +8
Saves: Fort +12 (14), Reflex +16 (20), Will +4 (7)
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 23 (27), Con 18, Int 12, Wis 12 (14), Cha 10
Feats: Catfolk Pounce, Endurance, Greater Manyshot, Manyshot, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Swift Hunter, Track, Weapon Focus (longbow)
Skills: Hide 23, Knowledge (dungeoneering) 6, Knowledge (geography) 3, Knowledge (nature) 8, Listen 19, Move Silently 25, Search 6, Spot 23, Survival 17, Tumble 23
(synergies: +2 survival underground from dungeoneering, +2 survival to avoid hazards or getting lost from geography, +2 survival aboveground natural from nature, +2 survival following tracks from search, +2 nature from wild survival, +2 wild empathy from nature)
Skill tricks: back on your feet, clarity of vision, collector of stories, listen to this, point it out, spot the weak spot
Alignment: Neutral Good
Languages: Common, Elven, Feline, Sylvan

Typical ranger spells prepared (2/1 per day): 1st - arrow mind, entangle; 2nd - spike growth.

Possessions:
+1 splitting composite longbow (Str +3) (32,700 gp)
(weapons are cold iron unless nonmetallic or noted as silver:)
400 arrows, 100 silver arrows, 80 shuriken, 20 silver shuriken
mw greatsword, cold morningstar, shortsword, sap, dagger, 10 throwing axes, 10 throwing hammers
celestial armor (22,400 gp)
gloves of dexterity +4 (16,000 gp)
bracers of archery, lesser (5000 gp)
vest of resistance +2 (4000 gp)
periapt of wis +2 (4000 gp)
handy haversack (2000 gp)
grappling hook and 100' of silk rope, thin bedroll and rain tarp, three tendays of rations, flint and tinder, 3 sunrods, two scout's outfits, one silk aristocratic gown, map of Faerun, canteen, bedroll. The weapons are kept in the quiver, the other things in the haversack.
1,500 gp

Sources: Complete Adventurer: scout class; Complete Scoundrel: skill tricks, Swift Hunter feat; Races of the Wild - catfolk race, Catfolk Pounce feat; Underdark Guide - mineral warrior

Laughing Hyena

Kunoichi

*wound up getting her Tibbit Psion's name from a cat-person name generator set to 'Thundercats-style' names*

Handy link, should ff need a name for her character. ^^

Edit: Ah, and ff, you're free to turn this down, of course, but have you considered the Mystic Ranger, from Dragon 336? ^^; It's got increased spellcasting, which I think your character would find particularly useful...