MARVEL - A New Fate: Recruitment (Continually Recruiting)

Started by Veluux, October 30, 2012, 08:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veluux

PLOT:
     The Apocalypse has come - literally. The infamous super-villain awakened nearly a decade ago and has been silently waiting for his moment to strike, building an army strong enough to take control of the entire earth. Apocalypse has always sought for survival of the fittest in his past 'awakenings' but with all the modern mutants and super-humans the world has finally become ripe for the picking and ready to begin a new era. Earth had previously been primitive, isolated, and weak in comparison to other civilizations in and outside of the galaxy... Now it is ready. It finally has the technology to stand toe to toe with the advanced races and people beyond it's tiny realm - and it has taken a giant step in the evolutionary process with all the new mutants popping up almost faster than one can count.

Apocalypse hit fast and hard - taking out all of the major human, mutant, and alien strongholds on the planet. Every center of power and communication was hit first and without warning. Major cities around the world lay crumbling and near-demolished. Supposed 'safe-havens' for mutants and other superhuman groups have been completely annihilated. Many leaders have fallen, and the world is scattered, divided, and feels powerless against this unstoppable force. The ancient mutant Apocalypse has developed a potent super-serum that kills any human who does not survive it's injection. Those who do survive it become changed with mutations of their own. Only the strong survive and Apocalypse is merciless. The serum, called "Judgement" is being administered on every single human POW - with the survivors being incorporated into Apocalypse's rapidly multiplying army.

But there are those who would stand against the violent tyrant; against the oppression of force and fear by using their powers to fight back. They are scattered and in hiding, and seeking a leader to rise up from among them. To unite them against this fearsome foe that the world seems powerless to resist. Apocalypse has been waiting ages for this final hour - and he will not back down. He will not fade back into the shadows as he has done in the past. He will fight tirelessly to his doom or everyone else's - and even in his own death his goal will be complete - survival of the strong. He will lead Earth and it's people into a new realm of existence - or his death and defeat will push them above him to even greater glory.

Who will determine the fate of the Earth? Apocalypse? Or those that defend it against him? After his first brutal assault that has left the world nearly in ashes, who is left standing to resist him? Who has survived with the power and ability to stand against this primitive monster of future legend and his famed Four Horsemen?

CAST:
          - Veluux as Deadpool, Apocalypse, and Plague - (Pestilence) (Lead GM - All Threads)
          - bubby as Black Queen - (Famine) (Co-GM: Cairo Thread)
          - Madmartigan as Loki and Carnage - (Death) (Co-GM: New York Thread)
          - MaiMizzu as Iron Man, Colossus and Invisible Woman (Co-GM: Tokyo Thread)
          - Neysha as Abigail Brand and Crimson Dynamo (Co-GM: Moscow Thread)
          - Crash as Wreck, Diamondback, Husk, and Hurt/Harm (Co-GM: LA Thread)
          - Demi as She-Hulk, and Lady Deathstrike (Co-GM: Buenos Aires Thread)
          - LunarSage as Dr.Doom, Thor, and Magneto - (War)
          - loislanekent as Black Widow
          - TheVillain as Nightcrawler and Nobody
          - Apygoos as Spider Man and Mid-Knight
          - RedEve as Black Cat
          - RedPhoenix as Xavin
          - Phaia as Domino and Raven Queen
          - Sasquatch421 as Myth and Darkbird
          - Teranis as Blink
          - Kiric Rand as Gambit
          - Bludmagnus as Wolverine
          - Imogen as Rogue
          - Ramael as Spring-Heeled Jack (Pending First Post)
          - Josietta as Ms. Marvel (Pending First Post)
          - Vaulera as Blade (GM-approved absence)
          - Cal1496 as Captain America (Pending Bio)
          - SweetSerenade as (OC - TBD) (Pending Bio)
          - Alysanthia as (OC - TBD) (Pending Bio)
          - Kokaine as Elsa Bloodstone (GM-approved absence)
          - LiliPep as Jane Foster (GM-approved absence)
          - Photo as Mirage
          - kckolbe as Banshee
          - Caitlin as Snow Angel
          - Vergil1989 as Teletrix and Magneto
          - Jean Grey/Phoenix, Professor Xavier, War Machine, Nick Fury
          - Please see the Recruitment Thread if you are interested in joining!

Key: GM/Co-GM, Male, Female, Transgender Main Villain, Sub Villain, KIA/Deactivated/Non-Playable, (Status Update)

IMPORTANT INFO
     This will be a free-form RP where combat is discussed between players and GMs via PM with the standard restrictions of no god-moding, killing off other player's characters, or significantly affecting another player's character without their consent, etc. Story and plot is the main goal here and everything will revolve around it. (The best RPs have a good story and characters with depth to drive it, the combat and interaction is a by-product of those two main focuses.)

That is the general gist of it, and the details of the plot will be built as players choose characters to play. Original characters WILL be accepted so long as they are not a close copycat of some pre-created hero/villain and with the requirement that they are tied to Apocalypse's new super-serum program he is using to both evolve and conquer the world. Original characters will be survivors of "Judgment" but have managed to escape and join the Resistance against Apocalypse.

Canon character's that have multiple versions will need to be discussed with the GM's as to which version will be used and their power's/limitations. An important thing to note is that since players may and may OFTEN be engaging each other in combat - try to avoid the high-tier combat characters with ridiculous power (like Galactus and others of that nature). Jean Grey/Phoenix is not an available character; neither is Professor Xavier (or pretty much any telepath). As of now all players will be neutral with an eventual movement towards being a part of the resistance against Apocalypse.

So for now there can be plenty of in-fighting as characters battle with each other for influence and over why they should or shouldn't stand up against Apocalypse - as he welcomes in all current mutants that survive "The Trial". 'The Trial' is a battle to the death with one of his current or newly acquired superhumans - which will more than likely be some famous Marvel Villain. Characters may only permanently join Apocalypse side with GM approval - as such a thing would have a huge impact on the plot.

GAME REQUIREMENTS:
     - This is a freeform based group game, and a collaborative story.
     - This game is a "Light" category game, so BDSM and NC posters should look elsewhere.
     - Minimum limit of one post per week, anything less requires GM approval.
     - Maximum limit does not exist on posts - so long as you aren't pushing the story past fellow players (GM discretion)
     - Communication with other players concerning IC interactions, and posts that effect others.
     - Communication with GMs on plot-changing events, or anything that breaks/alters the current theme/state of game.
     - Choosing characters is a first-come first-serve basis.
     - Players can play both Canon and Original Characters.
     - Players can play as protagonists regardless of traditional hero/villain choice.
     - Unless GM approved, all characters are part of the Resistance (PM Veluux if interested in playing antagonists)
     - Maximum characters per person is currently set at three - one of which MUST be an OC (Judgement Survivor)
     - If only playing a single character, it is allowed to be a Canon Character of the Marvel Universe.
     - Your character's starting thread location will be chosen for you (PM Veluux to find out what location to plan for)
     - You are not required to read every post in every thread, but it is advised to try to keep up with the larger plot.
     - At the minimum you must at least bookmark the other threads and check post tags for your character.
     - If you are tagging someone from another thread for interaction, PM them first as courtesy.
     - This is a Marvel Universe game, and elements of the story will draw from that universe alone.
     - This is also an 'Alternative Universe' game, meaning canon character's background and history is subject to change.
     - Some of the extremely powerful Canon Characters might also be subject to power/training/equipment modifications.
     - The world is in a state of post-apocalyptic destruction, so keep that in mind when posting.
     - Unless approved by a GM, all long-distance communication (not related to special powers) is prohibited.
     - Unless approved by a GM, all major resources and power/communication/military facilities are villain controlled.
     - Being a part of this game does NOT require an in-depth knowledge of the comic universe.
     - Post length is flexible, but try to maintain the flow of the story and give your fellow players enough meat to work with.
     - If your character is part of an interaction, other players must have a chance to respond (7 days from their last post).
     - All standard courtesies apply.
     - If you know you're going to be away or posting less than normal for whatever reason, communicate it with a GM.
     - Also PM Veluux if you have ANY questions about enemy NPC's, Judgement, Trial, The Vision, or The Resistance.
     - Many of these questions have already been addressed via GM Updates - which can be found within the Main Directory
     - Bookmarking all IC Threads and the Main Directory is MANDATORY.

Here's the Character bio template code! PM to Veluux!

[float=left][img height=212 padding=5]  -SQUARE AVATAR URL GOES HERE (approx 200x200)-  [/img][/float]

[hr]
[font=georgia][size=20pt][color=orange]     [b]Character's primary codename here (like IRON MAN)[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[hr]

[font=andale mono][size=14pt][b]Real Name:[/b] Your character's real name here.
       [b]Known Aliases:[/b] This is where your character's additional codenames are listed.
       [b]Role:[/b] Scout, Leader, Brawler, etc whatever word or phrase you think describes your combat or group role.[/size][/font]

[hr]

[justify][font=andale mono][size=12pt][b]Powers and Abilities:[/b]
     This is part where you describe specific superhuman powers or skills that your character has been gifted with. Try not to include anything that can be put into the training or equipment category below.

[b]Training and Equipment:[/b]
     This is where you will include anything your character has learned or utilized that is not related to superhuman powers or abilities. It could be schooling, professional training in combat, weapons, etc. Also any equipment your character utilizes that sets you apart from a regular person or enables you to perform superhuman feats.

[b]Background and History:[/b]
      We don't need your full character's history as some of these canon characters have quite a lengthy bio. Just include information that you believe is important to this current plot and theme. Include any events to feel my affect the way your character is acting and behaving in this story, and the most crucial events from their distant past that really makes them who they are. Brief origin backgrounds are welcome here as well.

[float=right][img height=350 padding=10]  -SPLASH ART URL GOES HERE-   [/img][/float][font=andale mono][size=12pt][b]Faults and Weaknesses:[/b]
     Here you can list what mental, physical, and emotional flaws your character has, as well as any weaknesses related to their powers.

[b]Current Relations and Activity:[/b]
      Type about who your character has interacted with prior to Apocalypse awakening and what individuals, groups, and organizations they were or are currently associated with. Also discuss any recent activity that has gone on with them since Apocalypse first assault a few days ago.[/size][/font][/justify]

Be sure to complete all areas and include both your main picture and splash art!

-  MAY THE RESISTANCE BEGIN!  -

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Kuroneko

My apologies, Veluux, but since this game will be taking place in the Non Con forums, I'll be dropping out.

Good luck with the RP!  It looks like it'll be great fun. :-)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

apygoos

responded to the PM Vel,  if you approve the concept just sent me a character sheet and ill rewrite the bio a bit

Crash

I'd be interested.  I'd probably go with an original character to start as I am not as familiar as others are with the plot or all on the major players.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

apygoos

sent a PM asking for spidey [peter parker] as my second character, if someone wants him as their main ill gladly drop him and take someone else

Veluux

Quote from: Crash on October 31, 2012, 03:27:02 PM
I'd be interested.  I'd probably go with an original character to start as I am not as familiar as others are with the plot or all on the major players.

You are free to pick pretty much ANY canon character - and you are also free to play an Original Character with just a couple of requirements.

1) The Original Character must be a survivor of the "Judgement" serum;
2) ...and be an escaped POW of Apocalypse's army... OR a current member that will eventually escape to the Resistance or be rescued by them (if you're choosing to still be under Apocalypse army as a type of darker, villain character, PM me for details on early game posts).
3) The Original Character must NOT be a copycat (or near copycat) of a current Marvel character - they must be believably unique.

The general population of players here will quickly be able to inform you if your character is too close to being a Marvel character that already exists - but I will make the final call. Discovering current Marvel characters very similar to your OC may inspire you to play them instead of your OC - or, you may continue to tweak your OC's bio to make them different and more original.

Vergil1989

I have only one word to say to you Veluux.  MAGNETO!  If that's cool of course.  ;D  The charismatic and powerful metal bender has always been a favorite of mine, although I know not his comic book history, only what I've seen in the movies thus far that have come out, and some of the cartoons of the old X-Men.  The same goes for Daredevil, the man without fear, I know of his movie persona but nothing else really.  Unless we need more villain oriented people then i can think of someone else to pull for this, but either way this does seem pretty promising.  I almost went for Captain America but eh, he's too much of a boyscout for me lol.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Crash

Alright.  I'll get my character background together and post it here.  First finish Halloween festivities then off to do some research on Apocalypse.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Vaulera

Vergil, you are so fortunate. Our insanely parallel thinking patterns lead us both to choose Magneto at first, however, in my remembrance of the Marvel domains, I recalled Blade being Marvel.

Vergil1989

I do have to ask but are we talking Blade more from the movies or his more comic book origins?  I don't mind either way, but just thought I'd ask.  ;D  Regardless, I know he's one of the older characters and all and while I have never RPed as him, if you HAD decided to go for him I had a few other ideas in mind so it's no big deal lol.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Vaulera

I am the die-hardest Wesley Snipes fan ever. So of course it's going to be more inclined towards the movies, since I actually feel like the third was better than most of the comics. Also, Wesley snipes makes everything better, it's just an objective observation.

Vergil1989

Blade vs the original vampire, Dracula.  God Almighty that was a fight for the ages lol.  And I do like Wesley Snipes quite a bit in those movies so I will fully agree with you lol.  Well hell, if I had known that I would have gone with a woman Marvel hero not yet taken and tried to get Blade in bed with her lol.  I could still bring in an OC I guess, we'll see.  ;D

blade vs dracula (full fight no filler)

Veluux

I will update the roster with the recent changes for Vergil claiming Magneto, as well as lois claiming Black Widow rather than Storm.

Also, please use the OOC link HERE for any posts non-recruitment related. Thanks!

Vergil1989

Ah, I'm sorry Veluux, no worries.  :D  We'll continue this elsewhere and thanks for having me aboard Veluux.

Veluux

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 31, 2012, 10:22:31 PM
Ah, I'm sorry Veluux, no worries.  :D  We'll continue this elsewhere and thanks for having me aboard Veluux.

No worries. Just trying to keep things organized.

Hopefully we get some more female characters. We've got so many men at the moment.

Vaulera

Ah, In that case, if second characters are allowed, I will take a female character, someone who enjoys their spandex. I am feeling the Psylocke or X-23. I love both of them, it's impossible to choose between the two, so I need a third party opinion.

Veluux

I'd also like to note that ONLY original character bios should be posted in the Recruitment & OOC thread. All canon character bios need to be PMed to me for approval (as canon characters don't need to be passed through the Marvel copycat census test).

I will have that bio template up tonight or tomorrow, but until then... here is a good example of what I'm looking for:

Character Bio Example:
Character's: Loki
Known Aliases: Loki Odinson, God of Mischief
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual

Powers:
Superhuman speed/agility, strength (~50 ton lift), density, durability, stamina, regeneration.
Shape-shifting (self only, high energy cost)
Localized illusions (self-multiplication, shadow cloaking to avoid attention, etc.)
Ice/frost manipulation (ice restraints, blades, etc.)
Charismatic and persuasive

Weapons Expertise:
Swords
Daggers
Spears
Staves
Bullwhip
Longbow
Throwing knives

Weaknesses:
Loss of telekinetic and psionic abilities.
Loss of offensive and defensive magical powers.
Selfish and egotistical
Bad reputation

History:
Following a series of unfortunate events, Loki was stripped of his dark magic/sorcerous powers and banished to Midgard by Odin. The All-Father assumed that the rapidly multiplying heroes of that realm would be capable of handling any trouble Loki could possibly cause in his debilitated condition. Loki has, in fact, been keeping an uncharacteristically low profile since his arrival. He has not caused any disturbances and has not approached any earthling or alien of note until now.

Activity:
Loki was occupied studying native Midgardian magic sources when Apocalypse struck. This unfamiliar villain's extensive power and ability to generate chaos was impressive.  However, he knew well enough that Midgard's protectors were unpredictably effective against great threats. Perhaps it was time to see how they managed it from an insider's perspective... if they could be persuaded to trust him.

Known Rivals/Enemies:
Thor and the other Avengers
S.H.I.E.L.D.
The entire population of Asgard
Most New Yorkers  ;)

Appearance without costume:

(Avengers movie)

Appearance with Costume:

(Ultimate Thor)

Equipment:
Asgardian leather armor and whip
An elvish longbow
A nondescript dagger

Just a note, that I would prefer at least ONE real-life like picture (using actors from current Marvel movies is perfectly acceptable). Comic pictures are fine, but I'd like to see what you envision them looking like if you were to walk up to them on the street. It gives another visual aid that really brings the game to life. Casting character's is always fun!

Vergil1989

I unfortunately don't know either one V so I can't offer an opinion, sorry.   :-(  And Veluux, I actually do have a telekinetic/telepathic character I've been running in another game called Superheroes vs Villains, a Big Group Game ran by Glyphstone, TheVillain, and Dramen if I remember the GMs right and all.  I can PM you her character sheet and see what you think if you like.  I wouldn't have her anywhere near powerful enough to crush a planet or anything like the Phoenix can from what I've heard about Jean Grey's very powerful alter ego, but neither would she be a pushover either.  ;D  Anyway, let me know what you think but I do have to turn in here in a bit since I have to get up early tomorrow for this volunteer thing I've been doing.  Anyway, see ya around later if I don't hear from you before I pass out lol.

Veluux

Quote from: Vaulera on October 31, 2012, 10:32:43 PM
Ah, In that case, if second characters are allowed, I will take a female character, someone who enjoys their spandex. I am feeling the Psylocke or X-23. I love both of them, it's impossible to choose between the two, so I need a third party opinion.

Psylocke is one of those few characters that will have a couple of restrictions. Mainly just on her telepathic and influence abilities. All her other energy abilities, training, and life-skills are completely fine (I LOVE Psylocke. My favorite female Marvel character EVER.)

Veluux

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 31, 2012, 10:37:14 PM
I unfortunately don't know either one V so I can't offer an opinion, sorry.   :-(  And Veluux, I actually do have a telekinetic/telepathic character I've been running in another game called Superheroes vs Villains, a Big Group Game ran by Glyphstone, TheVillain, and Dramen if I remember the GMs right and all.  I can PM you her character sheet and see what you think if you like.  I wouldn't have her anywhere near powerful enough to crush a planet or anything like the Phoenix can from what I've heard about Jean Grey's very powerful alter ego, but neither would she be a pushover either.  ;D  Anyway, let me know what you think but I do have to turn in here in a bit since I have to get up early tomorrow for this volunteer thing I've been doing.  Anyway, see ya around later if I don't hear from you before I pass out lol.

Feel free to PM me the character information - but just a forewarning, all characters with telepathic/mind-control abilities will be shot down. Telekinesis will be allowed, but nothing else. And I need to go edit the first post to state that Jean Grey is not a playable character (she will be an important plot device later in the game... much later).

apygoos

psoting ther evamped OC bio for all to see here

Name: Jacob "Jake" Wheatly
Alias: Mid-Knight
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 210lbs
Build: Atheltic
Complexion: Fair
Hair: collar length red
Eyes: Green
Powers/Abilities/Talents:Shadow manipulation/Phasing. Being a highly skilled swordsman and pretty smart to boot ,he tends to make blades and Armor out of his shadowy constructs. In theory he could make any kind of weapon he wanted out of the shadows but it tends to go more with Swords, shields, flails, mace, whips, and bows. While they appear as shadows for the most part, some on occasion, including his eyes if you see them, will have a violet glow to them which leads to question if thats just part of his power, or are his shadows something more?...(to be found out through RP).

Bio: Jake was the Bright son of John and Elizabeth Wheatly. While his family made only just enough money for the basic needs of life they managed enough for him to on occasion go out and get a movie or a comic book. He loved super heroes and where he lived in Brooklyn, New York, there wasnt any lack of them getting to even catch a glimpse of the Invincible Iron man excited him, even at one time getting a crush on the awe-inspiring Storm. He loved them all, until the day Apocalypse struck.

He wondered where were they? why cant they stop him? Did Earths mightiest heroes fail? Was the power of the Phoenix not even enough to stop him? He thought about all of this, and more in horror as he felt his young life in jeopardy. He was only a college kid ,what did they want with him?! Shortly thereafter, he was subjected to "Judgment" He watched several others die around him after being administered this serum but he felt..different. Definitely far from dying ,looking down, he saw that his legs were phased into a shadow like state, into the dark ground. Curious he sunk himself even further.

After making sure no one was looking he tried what he thought would work. phasing himself completely into a pool of shadow, in this able to appear out the outside of the imprisonment. Maybe He could fight Apocalypse with this power? No..he was only a swordsman at best, what could he possibly do alone? Alone or not, he made his way to find out just what happened to the likes of his Favorite heroes ,and vowed one day to return and liberate his parents...if they were still alive.

Vergil1989

No worries about mind control, she can't do that, simply able to READ minds and move things around with her mind more than anything else.  She's able to fly the same way but as she stands now she's fresh to the metahuman way of life so I'll probably have to age her a bit so she has a chance against the likes of Apocalypse's forces and the like.  :D  But alrighty, I'll send you the info here in a sec.  Have you seen the movie Chronicle by chance?  She's based around that particular power set and that there was more than one of those glowing rock things which had been underground in her home town for who knows how long.  Anyway, I'll let you see the rest for yourself.  ;D

LiliPep

I actually think this would be a lot of fun and would be happy to add to your female count. ;)
I am about to go to bed but off the top of my head I would be interested in playing: Harley Quinn, Mystique or Jane Foster.
Let me know what would be best as far as plot wise who would be the best choice. :)
For my O/o's check out My Roleplay Preferences link below my Avatar.

AribethAmkiir

Thanks for your interest LiliPep.  Jane Foster or Mystique are definitely up for grabs.  Harley Quinn is actually a DC character though.

Considering that this is a post-apocolyptic setting with superheroes fighting to save the world or prevent the complete destruction of the human race, may I suggest you go with Mystique as I fear there wouldn't be a lot for Jane Foster to do (unless she developed super powers something when I wasn't looking).

Veluux

Quote from: LiliPep on October 31, 2012, 11:32:12 PM
I actually think this would be a lot of fun and would be happy to add to your female count. ;)
I am about to go to bed but off the top of my head I would be interested in playing: Harley Quinn, Mystique or Jane Foster.
Let me know what would be best as far as plot wise who would be the best choice. :)

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on October 31, 2012, 11:46:57 PM
Thanks for your interest LiliPep.  Jane Foster or Mystique are definitely up for grabs.  Harley Quinn is actually a DC character though.

Considering that this is a post-apocolyptic setting with superheroes fighting to save the world or prevent the complete destruction of the human race, may I suggest you go with Mystique as I fear there wouldn't be a lot for Jane Foster to do (unless she developed super powers something when I wasn't looking).

Thanks for the interest Lilipep! Aribeth as already made some great points. Harley is DC (thus non-playable), but Jane and Mystique are both characters up for grabs. Which one you choose depends on how creative you'd like to get. Mystique would be a simple 'hop-in and drive' type of character - whereas Jane Foster would be a bit more involved.

Since Jane is a regular human, playing her as a character would mean that she has been captured by Apocalypse and injected with the "Judgment" serum and survived. This super-serum would give her a couple radical new abilities and turn her into something more than just a brilliant physicist. I actually think it would add some interesting flavor to the story to see a familiar character step in a completely new and different capacity.

The choice is up to you. Mystique is also a very interesting character and comes equipped with a set of abilities to employ. Just let us know which one you'd prefer!