The Shards of Kingdoms Past [Interest + Recruiting]

Started by swordwind, February 14, 2012, 10:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swordwind

Alright then. If we can get another 2 into the mix then I can run a six man team, if not. Then I'll just run the four. A bit more interest from another 2 people and I'll just change a thing or two with the first post with the IC. Thanks for the support. This game will continue on

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

swordwind

...no. I will at some point. Not right now. What I meant is that I was going to get a thread up sooner if I had some more characters made. Since that isn't the case atm I won't have a IC for a few more days. Still fleshing things out though based on the remaining characters that will be added into the group. Once that happens I'll have things up and running. You are up to bugging the other players if you want. Including making sure they are still about. Once the other characters are crafted I'll have an IC up and running.

grovercjuk

Yup still around and looking forward to it.
zengal and I have sorted out our back history and made a pairing.

swordwind

Ok, if you wouldn't mind I'd like to see it through PM. Otherwise I'm working out a few things to give each of you something to work with. Wouldn't want you to not have something to do after my first post

swordwind

Ok everyone I'm waiting on two people. Once that is done I shall post the IC and OOC threads. If you have questions please PM me. With luck we can get this game started in the next two days

swordwind

IC and OOC are up now. Hop to it. If other players are interested by all means hop in. I'll work you in through PMs if you have questions.

CharlieSariel

So, as we've been discussing by IM and PM, here's the brief workout of the halfling I'll be pairing with Muse's gnome:

Kyan "Corpsebride" Merryweather

Kyan is a typical appearing halfling.  Standing a full 2'10" and weighing in at a healthy 35 pounds, Kyan's slender frame is well suited to her laboratory life.  Her long hair is shocking white, bleached that way from a half dozen years of regular contact with the negative energies that surrounded her experimentation.  Inquisitive bright brown eyes sparkle with curiosity at all times.  She typically dresses in her working clothes.  Leather clothing for the most part, so as to avoid losing cloth to the noxious fluids she routinely works with.

Concept:  Kyan grew up under the tutelage of her parents, stolid scientists and learned people.  She learned from an early age that knowledge was power, and that with more knowledge came more power.  Magic was an easy natural extension, and it was with her parent's blessings that she took up the paths of wizardry.  Given her deep and abiding interest in improving the lives of people around her, and preserving the lives of her parents, it seemed only natural that a faithless girl such as Kyan would turn to the necromantic arts to search out ways to preserve life, and stave off the inevitability of death.

Brief History:  When her parents passed away, before Kyan could perfect her techniques, the most logical extrapolation was for her to find out what had caused those deaths.  Naturally, the townsfolk around her hated the young halfling, and her insane experiments, and on the night of her final autopsy of her mother, the villagers broke into the family home with the intention of destroying the power-mad little girl before she raised an army of the undead to destroy them all in their beds.  She tried explaining what she was doing, but the sight of her parents' bodies cut open and exposed with innumerable chemicals preserving portions of them, and her father's heart still beating in the cavern of his dead chest was enough to send them into a lynching frenzy.

She fled, with as much of her belongings as she could manage, pursued by the townsfolk.  It was during this frantic escape attempt, her leather robes fluttering around her legs, arms full of books and notes, that she encountered her soon-to-be traveling companion Majet.  A fortuitous meeting that not only saved young Kyan's life, but soon blossomed into a deeper friendship.  It was during one of their traveling nights that friendship became much more, out of curiosity, and finally passion.  They've traveled together for some time now, with her own knowledge-gathering, and spellwork supplementing her friend and lover's sword arm.

Current Posting Rate - Approximately 1 to 2 posts per week

zengal

I have everything done on my sheet except a name. >.<; Why is that always the hardest for me? It should be so simple, too...

...permission to cop out and give my character a "Clint-Eastwood/cowboy-with-no-name" type alias? >.>;
...and I suppose any part of us that can only be seen by others is a Dark part.
I feel that about the small of my back, too, and the nape of my neck.
They are Dark: they are erotic zones as in the tropics whereas Paris is straightforward and bright about it all.
A coal miner has kind of a sexy occupation -- though I'm sure it's painful down there... but so is Lust.
Of Light we can never have enough but how would we find it unless the Darkness urged us on and into it.
I am Dark except, when -- now and then -- it all comes clear and I can see myself as others luckily sometimes see me in a good light.

swordwind

Well I would suggest a name generator for something interesting cowboy. But I guess it wouldn't be an issue.

Gary Stargazer

Huzzah! you guys now have a wussy cleric. >:3

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=10380

Terrian grew up in a typical family where his parents both worked hard to provide for his brother and him. They grew up happy until he was around the age of nine, a sudden epidemic spread through the village and claimed the lives of his brother and mother.

The sickness would of claimed Terrian as well had his father not managed to get the local clerics to aid in removing it from the young boys body. It took days of constant prayers and spells to finally remove the disease from the child, and though he had been spared the fate of his mother and brother, the boy was left extremely weakened.

He spent the early part of his teenage years mostly bed ridden and only saw his father or the local clergy who would check on him every few days to continue his treatment. It was because of this incident that Terrian grew so attached to the ideas of a cleric and swore someday to take up the calling so that he could help people as well.

At the age of fifteen with nothing but the sheer power of his will to move forward, Terrian joined the local monastery and began training as a cleric under Abadar. He forced himself out of bed each day, struggling to just make the walk to the church but as time moved forward his energy slowly returned to him. Though the years of bed rest had left him physically weak, he slowly managed to build his endurance back and by the age of eighteen he had no problem with daily activities such as farm work or choirs.
A year later at the age of nineteen he finally set out on his own, growing up watching his father struggle to pay his medical treatments Terrian swore that he would become a successful and honest business man so that his father could live the remainder of his years in comfort. With his goals of aiding those in need and making his fortune for his father’s sake, he left his small town to make his lot in life.

Description & Personality:
Terrian is a young man whom is very meek looking at first glance, standing barely over five and half foot tall he is decidedly shorter than your average human. Though his body is physically weak he has spent years to regain the endurance he lost so despite his limitations he is very healthy and though his body is small his muscle are well toned even if they are weak.

His years of confinement at home were not lost completely on him though. He spent a large majority of his time pouring over scriptures and stories of successful merchants or politicians. Additionally he couldn’t stand lying in his own filth day in and day out so his hygiene always took paramount to his lifestyle. All of this led to him having a well-rounded outlook on life as well as very lithe and beautiful skin.

Terrian will help people of all walks of life if they need his assistance, it doesn’t matter to him if they are saints or criminals. However the Cleric is not opposed to charging for his services if the person is in a comfortable life style and will not suffer from the lack of coin.

Thanks to his years of confinement Terrian is slow to warm up to potential friends or partners, he isn’t so much rude as just distant and shy. Additionally since he never received a lot of the social building blocks as a child he finds himself often confused and not sure what choices to make when it comes to group activities such a socializing or fraternization.
Official fanboy of Oreo. <3
Allow me to show you how I like to play. <3
I'm not just a member of The Oreo Fan Club, I'm the president.