REVIVAL *Interest Check* Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by Anne Rice

Started by creiwen, September 24, 2011, 11:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creiwen

Feb 22, 2012 Edit: Hi Guys, welcome to 2012...  I kinda dropped off the face of the earth way back in October and I apologize to everyone who had expressed interest via this thread for that!  RL happens, unfortunately, but now I'm back with a bada-boom (at least, that's the plan)!

So here's the REVIVAL interest check of the CoSB by Anne Rice aka A. N. Roquelaure!  Oh, and if anyone is interested in helping MANAGE this thing, by all means, please feel free to drop a line here and jump in, and let's get this on a roll!

The subject line says it all!  I'm seriously in need of some Claiming Of Sleeping Beauty-styled roleplay, set in the land (or similarly-styled kingdom/queendom/princedom) of Anne Rice's/A. N. Roquelaure's Claiming of Sleeping Beauty Trilogy.

So here's the list of what would be needed to begin!  Feel free to expand on the list.

A monarch (or two) -- king, queen, whatever.  Can have a son or daughter too.  Would be the strict overseer of the kingdom, as it were.  Semi-sadistic?  Definitely strict.  Almost... unforgiving? Mmm!

A few nobles -- to make sure the tribute princes and princesses are properly disciplined/trained.  Strict, with an undertone of "caring".

A few tributes -- princes, princesses from faraway lands brought to the kingdom to learn obedience, grace, and humility through the rigors set forth in the trilogy.  Submissives, love the situation or hate it, passive-aggressive, eager, fighter...  Up to you! :)  (Then again, all these roles have plenty of variational opportunity...)

Footmen, Grooms -- Footmen to aid in carrying out punishments and disciplines upon said tribute princes and princesses, put them through their paces, redden their bottoms, etc. etc. Grooms to care for them and make them look presentable... bathe them, do their hair, listen to their woes, care for their welts and bruises, etc. etc.

Peasants?  Not sure if we'd need these to start, as all the tributes begin their training in the castle/palace and are only sent to The Village if they are REALLY, REALLY bad.

I'm all for starting out small, cross-gender roleplay if that's your thing, and a person playing more than one character (at least to start?).

So, who's with me?!  I'd be playing a tribute princess. ;)

bubby

Possibly interested in playing a homosexual male Prince.(Monarch)

Question: I have read the books, and know the story. But will you be moving the story along as GM, or are you going more for a 'sandbox' style?

Rhaegar14

I'll post tentative interest. I read the first book a few years ago when I noticed it on my dad's bookshelf.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

creiwen

yay!

Answer:  My plan was a sandbox style.  Everyone can interact with everyone else as time goes on within the king/queen-dom, with no set direction in which we are all headed... except the slow and sweet seductive break-down of tribute princes and princesses, and all the *fun* events that go along with such ;) Kinda like in the books.  Except maybe we can get more creative and see some *really* interesting stuff come out, as far as pushing princes and princesses past their comfort zones.

CarnivorousBunny

Okay, I haven't read everything yet but I am so excited that I need to post saying how excited I am.  I love this book :) Mostly because it was given to me as a gift by my grandfather who didn't read the synopsis of the story before he gave it to me for xmas only because he knew I liked Anne Rice.  HAHA!
Okay. I shall read your 1st post now.

EDIT: Alright, I'm a little interested.  If more people join I'd like to be a groom.  I'm assuming forbidden relationships between the tributes and the castle staff is not looked down upon here in this game.
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Max

"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

Story Tale

Hi there! I have not read these books, but I looked them up on wiki and the theme is amazing. Anne Rice is so sexy.  I would defiantly be up for playing a princess, tribute, or maybe even a Nobel..

creiwen

Ok! It's great so many people *are* interested!

Now, to respond to the commentary ^_^

@CarnivorousBunny - Fabulous!  "I'm assuming forbidden relationships between the tributes and the castle staff is not looked down upon here in this game." -- No, not at all, do whatever you like as long as you don't get caught fraternizing with the tributes by a footman or a noble or something ;) Which isn't hard to avoid!  DEBAUCHERY is the word of the day!

(@Max)Yes, we need tribute princes and tribute princesses!

(@najlah) A tribute == prince or princess from a faraway land, given as an act of good faith to the kingdom in which we will all be playing this wonderful game!  If you like to be sadistic, a noble would be more your thing.  If you like to be forced to do things you don't want to (or maybe you do want to!), a tribute princess would be up your alley.

TO EVERYONE: I highly, highly, highly recommend picking up a copy of the trilogy and reading these books!  It will help with the general development of the attitude and temperament of your characters.

So far...
potential Monarch - Bubby, Prince.  Do we have any takers on playing his mum or dad? or both?  or shall he be the ruling individual and we have a princedom?

potential Nobility - None yet, but this WILL change! ;)

potential Grooms - CarnivorousBunny (I'm guessing you want to play a female, CB?)

potential tributes -- Creiwen (me!), princess; Max, prince.

Undecided:  Rhaegar14, najlah  -- @Rhaegar14, what social class interests you the most out of what we're working with here?

Rhaegar14

I was thinking either a noble or maaaaaybeeee the Queen (I'm not a big fan of scenes with sub males haha).
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Story Tale

Eek.. was sleep deprived when I posted that. I meant to say a princess, *groom*, or Nobel. Whoopsie.

I would like to be a princess (haven't said hose words since I was 6, *grins*), but if there are too many tributes by the end of this process, then I wouldn't mind being a groom.

creiwen

Rhae and naj -- haha! understood!

Yay, a queen a queen!  Or a noble...

@Rhaegar14 HMMMMM... there's nothing that says you HAVE to use/discipline/get involved with the tribute princes as a Noble... there were plenty of nobles in the books who favored one gender over the other....  Let's see how things pan out before deciding which role youd' be better off playing?

bubby

I apologize, but I'm withdrawing my interest. Too much on my plate.

wolventears

Ooh! I loved loved loved these books! I do love to be dominated, so if there are still openings, I would love to play a princess. Or even possibly a prince. I liked the idea of being a pony. :)

In fear, I ran this way and that, the tastes of blood and chocolate in my mouth.

My yes please and not so much. ;)
And if you'd ever like to know why I was away for awhile

creiwen

TO EVERYONE: I highly, highly, highly recommend picking up a copy of the trilogy and reading these books!  It will help with the general development of the attitude and temperament of your characters.

September 30th, 2011
Updated "So far..."
potential Monarch - Rhaegar14

potential Nobility - Najlah

potential Grooms - CarnivorousBunny (I'm guessing you want to play a female, CB?)

potential tributes -- Creiwen (me!), princess; Max, prince; wolventears (prince or princess)

So, call your friends, call your enemies!  Let's get this party started ;)  I am envisioning a few more Nobles, a few more Grooms, and a few more Tributes!

Comments, questions?  Post away or PM or YIM.

wolventears

If we can get a few more nobles, depending on sexual orientaion, I will then decide, if it is alright with you, if I will play a prince or princess. I can do either male or female, straight or gay. I'm easy that way. :)
In fear, I ran this way and that, the tastes of blood and chocolate in my mouth.

Caela

I'd definitely be interested as a Tribute Princess. If the game runs long enough, perhaps as one who finishes her term of service and comes back to Court as a part of the Nobility.

CarnivorousBunny

Hm, I could do one of each, a male and a female groom if you allow multiple characters.
my  o&o and a&a

creiwen

Multiple characters WILL be allowed!!! And hey, encouraged, even!

Anyone else want to play multiple characters?

wolventears

Okay, i can play nobility and a prince or princess if we need more nobles

creiwen

That's fine by me, wolventears.

SO FAR...
potential Monarch - Rhaegar14

potential Nobility - Najlah, wolventears

potential Grooms - CarnivorousBunny x2 (one male, one female! awesome!)

potential tributes -- Creiwen (me!), princess; Max, prince; wolventears (prince or princess), Caela (princess)

Coming together, here, folks...  recruit your friends ;)  *WEG*

ShadowWalker

I would be up for potentially a Monarch or Noble, if you're still accepting?

~ShadowWalker

Foxy DeVille

I too would like to be a monarch or noble. I've been feeling a bit sadistic of late...  >:)

creiwen

@ShadowWalker @Foxy Oni -- Yes!  Thrilled!

Do you two want to be the pair of reigning monarchs?  This will free up Rhaegar14 to be a Noble since s/he (can't recall their gender) doesn't like sub males and can therefore choose to opt out of that pairing without much eyebrow-raising.

We are still accepting characters!!!!!!!!!!!

ShadowWalker

I'm up for that. Have a concept to discuss, maybe, but it would need some input from Oni as well, if she's up for it.

~ShadowWalker

Foxy DeVille

creiwen

Yes yes, do tell us!  I am anxiously awaiting your thought-cloud!

ShadowWalker

I was thinking that my character would either be mixed-race or foreign-- a noble of the sultanate in the third book. Either the previous King/queen would have been a pairing between the two realms, or he and the current monarch would be wedded, the idea being that the marriage would be to strengthen ties between the kingdom and the sultanate, but also represent a cultural exchange on the merits and applications of the different power exchange styles in the two countries.

wolventears

So are we close to posting character sheets yet? I would really like to see this getting off the ground.

creiwen

I'm not entirely sure how this whole process works,  but I think we have a fair amount of people to at least jump-start this thing! woo hoo :)

So, deploy thy character sheets!

May also want to consider different colored text if you are going to be playing multiple characters "from their viewpoints."  That make sense?  Just please stay away from hard to read colors! :)

I have nooooo idea what you all want to put in your sheets, so just dive in and go off a basic age/gender/nationality/personality type thing I suppose?  Creativity, for the win!

CarnivorousBunny

Ok before I make my character sheet, what kind of pictures are you allowing for character appearances? Do you prefer real people/anime/anything in-between.
my  o&o and a&a

Aemirys

Just wanted to check what was happening.... are things still going?

Could you use another?
★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★

creiwen

Character photos are whatever you all feel comfortable with.  What represents your character the best?

Still open for characters... how does everyone feel about starting soon?! :D :D

wolventears

I thought this might help with character creation. And even if you like, you can create an accepted character sheet thread.

Character Name:
Position: (Monarch/Noble/tribute/groom)
Sex:
Personality:
Origin:(where they are from and background info)

I will start on my character and put it up soon. Feel free to add on to this. Just throwing up a basic idea. :)

creiwen

Fabulous!

What forum would I put the accepted character sheets in...?

wolventears

NC: human-small groups. Then we would also have an ooc thread and a playing thread. So, you can have everyone post characters here, and when approved move them to the accepted thread.  Or just creat the thread and have everyone post their characters in thier. Whichever you prefere.

creiwen

Bumping this to the top of the list, as I'm now not being bombarded by RL b.s.; edited the first post to explain why I dropped off the face of the boards for so long!

Hope I did this right. :)

Edit:  Sending a PM to everyone who expressed interest back in October just in case they are still interested!  (Minus those who have withdrawn interest via this thread.)

CarnivorousBunny

I'm still interested, haha. Let's get this ball rolling :D
my  o&o and a&a

eBadger

I'd be interested in being Monarch if those have dropped out. 

Clio

Signature by the amazing Amaris.

CarnivorousBunny

As of right now we only have 3 players, so everybody is welcome to join :)
my  o&o and a&a

helvorn

Mark me interested as a female tribute if the game gets rolling.

Clio

Ok. Well, I prefer to play submissive females, so if the game gets going and that kind of character is open, count me in.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Sarah Morgan

I think all types are welcome, as there aren't that many players as of yet.

I'd be interested in playing a princess, though I've never played any type of noble character before, so I'm not sure how well I'd be at it.  Also, I'll have to refresh my memory on the books.  I started the first one several years back, but for some reason never finished them.  I have them all though, so reading them wouldn't be a problem.  I'm just trying to refresh my memory on any countries that might be involved, to help with placing her background.