Would anyone be kind enough to help me improve my request threads?

Started by SilentFox, April 05, 2018, 07:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilentFox

Hello there, I think and dearly hope this is the right place for this kind of question. I don't seem to be getting much interest in my main request thread so rather than trying to figure out why on my own I figured I'd see if there was anywhere I could ask others for help!

So here is the request thread in question, there is some NSFW content so be warned: Shemale/Trap Seeking Slimy Monsters, Hideous Aliens & Tentacles Galore!

If you have any advice or tips for improving it and hopefully making it easier for people to figure out if it's something they'd want to write with me then I welcome them gladly. It could be something as simple as fixing grammar issues or changing the title to entire new scenario ideas I am open to whatever constructive feedback will help me to improve it. :)

Thank you very much in advance!

Nadir

I think it is really polished already! Your title - the biggest selling point of any ad thread - tells a lot about what you want and what you offer, and the ad itself is beautifully constructed. It looked like you put a lot of effort and time into it, and gives a lot of detail.

It looks absolutely fine as it is.

SilentFox

Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated. I guess I just need to offer more interesting scenario's and characters then. :)

Wistful Dream

I echo what Nadir said! It's really nicely laid out.

Unfortunately in my experience it's a bit rare to get nibbles directly from your ideas thread. I use it as a resource but tend to research potential partners and then pull from my ideas thread the plot or concept I want to pitch to them/that I think will fit best. Now I have friends who get nibbles from that all the time, so who knows the mysterious reasons why.

Oniya

Sometimes it's just a matter of the person with the right interests being available.  I've noticed that there's a registry for people who are willing to play monsters - might be worth checking some of the O/Os and availability of the people that have posted there.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

SilentFox

Thank you for the additional feedback and pointing out the monster registry, I'll have a look and see if there is someone in there potentially interested. :)

RedPhoenix

I am going to agree with what the others said, I don't see anything wrong with the thread itself. If you want nitpicks I'd say maybe consider condensing some of it - perhaps putting the writing samples under spoilers might make it seem more easy to digest - but overall I think the thread is good. You also have a section that is basically your o/os, putting that in its own thread and linking to it might be a better way to do it. As it is people have to 'get past' your o/os to get to your ideas.

If you're having trouble getting interest I think it is because your request is very specific. The more specific your request the less people out there are going to be into it. For you you're looking for a partner who wants to play multiple characters, all of them monsters, more specifically slimy monsters, and against a shemale. This is going to severely restrict your potential partner pool. Not saying you should give up, just understand that the more niche your request is the less people out there it's going to appeal to.

If you want to broaden the net maybe think about how much you can remove yourself from this specific idea and still have fun. If the answer is 'not at all' then by all means don't! Nothing wrong with holding out for your perfect partner to have the time to read it!

I myself find the 1x1 threads a good way to find people and have almost no luck from socializing threads ever turning into anything I enjoy so different strokes but something that has worked on me in the past is people PMing me and saying 'hey your idea X is pretty close to this idea Y is it close enough we can do something here' and that's worked well for me and my partners in the past so you might want to scroll through other people's threads and see if there's something close to what you're going for.

Well that's all I got. Good luck with it! :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

SilentFox

I did consider putting the writing sample/scenario's behind spoiler tags to begin with but as I only came up with three it didn't feel necessary (it will when I add more tomorrow.)

I guess it does fall into the trap of being a niche within a niche type of play, just my luck it's my longest sought after one too. XD

I will be making a more general thread soon enough but I honestly had just started to wonder if I just had some kind of inherent flaw in this one that was turning people off it so that's why I figured I'd see if it was the case by asking for help in here. :)

I will consider the 1x1 thread as a possibility but most of the ideas I put down for RP's are usually pretty substantial. I do appreciate all the help though it is very much appreciated.

Kye

Requests are also very dependent on who sees them.  I've put ideas up that don't get a single nibble then reposted it months later and was inundated with interest.  It's just hit or miss sometimes. 

SilentFox

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Kyrsa on April 05, 2018, 12:16:28 PM
Requests are also very dependent on who sees them.  I've put ideas up that don't get a single nibble then reposted it months later and was inundated with interest.  It's just hit or miss sometimes. 

Yup, very much agree with this. I sometimes have posted the same idea a few times a year with no results and then suddenly five years later I get a half dozen people wanting to write it with me.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

MoonWolf

Quote from: SilentFox on April 05, 2018, 07:03:14 AM
Hello there, I think and dearly hope this is the right place for this kind of question. I don't seem to be getting much interest in my main request thread so rather than trying to figure out why on my own I figured I'd see if there was anywhere I could ask others for help!

So here is the request thread in question, there is some NSFW content so be warned: Shemale/Trap Seeking Slimy Monsters, Hideous Aliens & Tentacles Galore!

If you have any advice or tips for improving it and hopefully making it easier for people to figure out if it's something they'd want to write with me then I welcome them gladly. It could be something as simple as fixing grammar issues or changing the title to entire new scenario ideas I am open to whatever constructive feedback will help me to improve it. :)

Thank you very much in advance!

i don't see anything wrong with it