News:

Main Menu

Pictures of Snow!!

Started by Aeval, January 18, 2009, 04:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeval

We've been talking about how much snow we have in the midwest- I decided to show you for those that 'miss' it!
This was taken this afternoon. I was standing inside my little house looking out my front door. ENJOY! Anyone else feel free to post pics also!

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Dawg

Dawg's Desk at nighttime in August:

The Reason Dawg's desk migrates inside during these months (taken earlier tonight):

[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

The Overlord

WOw...haven't seen that for a while.

Yeah I know, I know, it's a pain in the ass to dig that out of your driveway, but still it sure looks pretty.

Dawg

I think Spring is that way ------>

[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Greenthorn

Aysleen

Quote from: Greenthorn on January 22, 2009, 11:46:47 AM
*is very jealous*

This - coming from someone in Sacramento, California where we've just had a week of 60+ weather, and where in SoCal they just had 80+!

Even in the Sierras snow has been so poor that they're still using a man-made mix in a lot of areas
Ons and Offs
* I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.
*We're all mad here.
* If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
*Curiouser and curiouser.

Greenthorn

I'm in New Jersey...originally from Pennsylvania...and we hardly ever get more than a dusting here anymore *sighs*

Dawg

One of my best friends sent me this of the snowman him and his children made.

-: SNIP :- of -: SNIP :- Michigan make the best of zero-degree weather by making a 14 foot Valentines Day snow man named, “Guy With a Good Heart”.  The cold conditions made for poor “packing” conditions, so they used a garden hose to help make the nearly 8 yards of snow to stick.

[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Lilias

Last year's news, but still... This is what we woke up to on Easter Sunday 2008.

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Oniya

I remember that.  They had to do the village Easter Egg hunt inside the old elementary school.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Avi

The snow that we accumulated over about a month of getting snow about every 3 or 4 days.  Very pretty, if I do say so myself.  By the way, for scale, that railing is about... 3, 3.5 feet tall, so the mound of snow behind it is about that high.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...