How many countries have you visited?

Started by Callie Del Noire, May 28, 2011, 08:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

I was talking with a friend of mine and it hit me that I'm WAY over the average.. I think I've STILL got more countries than states, though in the last few years it's gotten closer.

Let's see...

Canada
Mexico
Japan
Hong Kong
Korea,South
Malaysia
Thailand
Australia
UAE (Dubai)
Bahrain
Egypt Not really just through the Suez
Greece
Italy
Monaco
Spain
Portugal
France
Belguim
Germany (back when it was West Germany)
Austria
Ireland
The UK (hmmm.. does each count seperate or not?)
The Canary Islands

So 23-ish

I'm sure someone has seen more? And of all your countries, which was the wildest/most fun

rhev

Do we count the ones we simply passed through on our way to others?  Because if so, then My number jumps way past 6.  In addition do we count native American Indian reservations which are technically sovereign ground?

Nico

Hrm...

- United Kingdom (birth place)
- Germany
- Austria
- Italy
- Spain
- Croatia
- Hungary
- Czech Republic
- Slovakia
- Ireland
- The Netherlands

That's all I remember form the top of my head. ~laughs~

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: rhev on May 28, 2011, 09:31:47 AM
Do we count the ones we simply passed through on our way to others?  Because if so, then My number jumps way past 6.  In addition do we count native American Indian reservations which are technically sovereign ground?

Hmm.. I didn't count the Indian Reservations I've been on.. and I made it a point to not include any countries I didn't actually leave an airport (which are all the same countries I listed anyway)

rhev

How about the Vatican, does that count?

Wyrd

I've been lucky, I've been able to a lot of travailing since my mother has a high position at the Person notional air port here in Toronto. Which means... I pretty much fly anywhere fro free or with one hell of a discount, even though I live own my own and not with my Mom. Lets go, shall we?

-Canada(Newfoundland, Nove Scotia, PEI, Quebec, Alberta and BC)
-USA( Las Vegas baby!)
-Mexico
-Wales
-England
-Germany (Wacken open air!! \m/)
-Finland (Family reunion)
-Norway
-Sweden
-The Netherlands(I'm pretty sure I was a little intoxicated this whole visit)
-France

In the next few years I'd like to add Japan, China and Ireland to that list. Because my wife is from China, Tokyo looks like blade runner and I want to get a tattoo done by a friend in Ireland.

Ragtime Dandies!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: rhev on May 28, 2011, 10:33:41 AM
How about the Vatican, does that count?

Are you being serious or contrary? :D

Major Major

So, staying overnight at a hotel counts?

That case, my list is:

New Zealand (birthplace)
Japan
England
Wales

Lilias

Greece and the UK. I could split that and count England, Scotland and Wales as three countries, since they have some degree of administrative autonomy. Also, a French enclave in Athens (the grounds of the French Institute constitute French soil). So... two or five, depending on how picky you want to be. ;)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Wolfy

Oniya

Canada (more than 5 times)
England (twice)
Wales (twice)
Scotland (briefly)
Ireland - luggage went to Belfast, we went to Dublin.  Does that count as two?   ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Caeli

Canada, twice - I've been to British Columbia and Vancouver, though I didn't get the chance to snowboard in the mountains. We went to some gardens, took the ferry, and ate delicious sushi.

Japan, once; such a beautiful country. I remember walking through Tokyo and thinking to myself that I have been and always will be a big-city girl. I'd love to be able to live and work in Japan one day.

China, several times; I've seen and been on the touristy sights in and around Beijing, including the Great Wall, the Summer Palace, the Forbidden Palace, the night markets, Tiananmen Square, the Tiantang... I have relatives who live in the Guangdong province, so I've done lots of shopping and walking and eating over there. :)

Hong Kong, more than several times; relatives live nearby, and I speak the dialect, so it's a lot of fun running around the streets and bargaining for clothing. Love the public transportation. And the food.

Macau, I think twice or three times; see above. I haven't been since high school, though, so I don't remember much.

Australia, once (when I was in middle school)?; we went during the summer time, so I went skiing in the mountains. :D We also visited some of the Sydney tourist hot spots, but I don't remember much from the trip.

I plan on going to Taiwan next year for a summer (or maybe winter?) camp. And it's a dearly-held dream of mine to backpack and travel around Europe for a month or more, just going to places and seeing all of sights, as well as really experiencing the local culture. :)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Brandon

This is off the top of my head. I make it a point to try and do some traveling every year for a week or two and thus far the only continent I havnt been on yet is Antartica

North America
The united states (native country)
Canada
Mexico
Gautemala
Nicaragua
Panama

South America
Brazil
Venezula
Comumbia
Peru
Chile
Easter island (still part of Chile but I consider it a different country)
Agentina

Europe
England
Ireland
Germany
Spain
Italy
Norway
France
Romania
Turkey
Greece

Africa
Madagasgar
Mozambique
Egypt (one of my favorite countries in the world)
Morocco

Asia
Japan (my absolute favorite county in the world besides my own)
Russia
China
India
Thailand
Iraq
South Korea
Mongolia

South pacific
Australia (really Ive only been to Sydney for any large length of time)
Philipenes
New Zealand
Papua new Guinea
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

gaggedLouise

Sweden (indigenous)
Denmark
Norway
Finland
Germany
Belgium
France (several times for studies, vacations and work)
England
Switzerland
Monaco
Italy (and Vatican City)
Spain (Canaries)
Austria
Croatia
Greece
Turkey (Istanbul, a baked hot week looking at Greek cities and temples in Ionia with a gang of other Classics students, and a beach vacation down south)
Canada (Montreal)

Hoping to add the U.S., Russia (St.Petersburg and Moscow first), mainland Spain and India to the list within the next two years

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Wyrd

Quote from: Caeli on May 28, 2011, 05:06:43 PM
Canada, twice - I've been to British Columbia and Vancouver, though I didn't get the chance to snowboard in the mountains. We went to some gardens, took the ferry, and ate delicious sushi.

Vancouver is IN British Columbia, lol!
Ragtime Dandies!

Caeli

Quote from: Wyrd on May 28, 2011, 05:27:49 PM
Quote from: Caeli on May 28, 2011, 05:06:43 PMCanada, twice - I've been to British Columbia and Vancouver, though I didn't get the chance to snowboard in the mountains. We went to some gardens, took the ferry, and ate delicious sushi.

Vancouver is IN British Columbia, lol!

Misremembered the names - I meant Vancouver and Victoria, both of which are in British Columbia. :)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Wyrd

Heh. Okay :-) It was just a little funny to me.  :D By the way... Vancouver for the CUP! That is all
Ragtime Dandies!

Wyrd

Quote from: Brandon on May 28, 2011, 05:07:54 PM
This is off the top of my head. I make it a point to try and do some traveling every year for a week or two and thus far the only continent I havnt been on yet is Antartica

North America
The united states (native country)
Canada
Mexico
Gautemala
Nicaragua
Panama

South America
Brazil
Venezula
Comumbia
Peru
Chile
Easter island (still part of Chile but I consider it a different country)
Agentina

Europe
England
Ireland
Germany
Spain
Italy
Norway
France
Romania
Turkey
Greece

Africa
Madagasgar
Mozambique
Egypt (one of my favorite countries in the world)
Morocco

Asia
Japan (my absolute favorite county in the world besides my own)
Russia
China
India
Thailand
Iraq
South Korea
Mongolia

South pacific
Australia (really Ive only been to Sydney for any large length of time)
Philipenes
New Zealand
Papua new Guinea

Holy Shit!! Where did you get the cash for all that?
Ragtime Dandies!

Brandon

Quote from: Wyrd on May 28, 2011, 05:35:28 PM
Holy Shit!! Where did you get the cash for all that?

Uncle Sam paid for most of it when I was in the military. Who says the soldiers dont have perks  ;D

Beyond that Im very good with making money on the side from personal investments
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Caeli

That's really awesome, Brandon. :D Did you get to see a lot of sights and stay in each place for a lengthy enough time to do more than touristy things?

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Malefique

Well, being skint I haven't been around much, but I think my list has an eye-opener or two.
UK (England, Scotland, Wales, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Northern Ireland).
Eire
France.
Netherlands
Spain
Portugal
Luxembourg
Belgium
USSR (Russia, Byelorussia and Latvia in 1983!).
Everything is true.  God's an astronaut.  Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

NaughtyKittyCat

I'm not taking on RP's at this time. Apparently my muse went on vacation without me, and I'm not sure when it is going to return.

Brandon

Quote from: Caeli on May 28, 2011, 05:42:31 PM
That's really awesome, Brandon. :D Did you get to see a lot of sights and stay in each place for a lengthy enough time to do more than touristy things?

Unfortunately not. Most of the time I would be stuck on post, sometimes leaving for various reasons. Like in Bosnia every other week we would organize a convoy for humanitarian reasons and go out to one of the various refugee camps to hand out necessities and as a combat lifesaver I also looked into minor injuries. I have a particular soul warming story about one such man who asked me why I did the things I did, but thats a story for another time. Iraq was about as unsimilar as it could get and I dont really like to talk about it. I think I can best sum that up with a universal truth: war is hell

Anyway, my tours of duty gave me a more human look at the people and cultures in those countries then any vacation ever has. When I go on holiday I usually focus on the fun and interesting rather then my tours of duty which were filled with complicated social interactions and a desire not to get shot

I also have plans to head down to Antarctica within the next year or two since an old Russian friend I made during my Bosnia deployment will be transferring to one of the research stations later this year. It will be the perfect opportunity to share some drinks with a friend who I have endless respect for and set foot on the bottom of the world.

HairyHeretic

Let's see.

Lived:
Northern Ireland
Ireland

Visited:
England
Scotland
Wales
France
Spain
Portugal