Strange Color Fix (For older computer games)

Started by Inkidu, August 04, 2013, 01:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

So, I've had the Interplay Fallout Collection for a while. However, I've never managed to fix the strange coloration issues.

Anyone know a quick fix for this kind of issue?

EDIT: Fixed it myself. ^__^

*Brownies just 'cause*

Well,  this only works for Fallout 1 and 2, and I don't know if it's exclusive to the collection, but if you go into the ddraw file in the games' install directory (using wordpad). You can look at the configuration. Once there you need to scroll down to the graphics heading and look for "mode=0".

Change the 0 to a 4 and you're golden. Hit save. Do it on both, and it works fine for Windows 7.

As always make a backup of the ddraw if you're not sure. :)

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Vekseid

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Inkidu

What's worse is when they're right save for one small detail and the internet picks this one time to not mercilessly correct the original poster. :3
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Vekseid

Inkidu, it was a polite jab requesting you to post your solution. : )

Inkidu

There I posted what I did. Sorry, this is kind of the first time I ever actually got one up on a computer person I suppose. :\

Oreo

Thank you much. Especially since I might need the info. I haven't started playing them yet, but I have both games from Steam. :D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Inkidu

Quote from: Oreo on August 06, 2013, 01:32:12 PM
Thank you much. Especially since I might need the info. I haven't started playing them yet, but I have both games from Steam. :D
Well, there's a good chance Steam has fixed the problem. Also, I don't know if you can access the proper file if you get it through Steam either.

Start one up and see what happens. :)