Started by LunarSage, October 23, 2012, 06:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

LunarSage

Callie Del Noire

Observing Trifles

So much yes. Very excited to see Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce in this.
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: BrilliantDays on October 23, 2012, 09:12:14 PM
So much yes. Very excited to see Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce in this.

I LOVE this take on the Mandarin. :D

Moraline

This movie gets me excited in my happy places and fills my nights with dreams of robot men.

<3 Iron Man

Aiden

I'm going to freeze myself until April...

Chris Brady

Little disappointed they felt they had to change the Mandarin into some generic Western looking guy, but I guess you can't afford to piss off your most important trade partner I guess.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Chris Brady on October 24, 2012, 12:53:47 AM
Little disappointed they felt they had to change the Mandarin into some generic Western looking guy, but I guess you can't afford to piss off your most important trade partner I guess.

"The original Mandarin was pretty damn racist, but he's still the Mandarin... The movie will be good, I'm sure, but I'm still a bit disappointed."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

LunarSage

I wouldn't say the Mandarin was racist, but he was a walking 'Lo Pan' stereotype.  His deal was he was always really hardcore into Chinese tradition, as in ancient traditions. 

...and he wields ten alien tech rings.  I seriously hope they keep the super powered rings in the movie.

Moraline

Are they alien tech rings? I thought they were just "mystic" like Doctor Strange. I don't know a lot about those guys.

What's up with the Captain America looking Iron Man suit though? That's a major turn-off.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Moraline on October 24, 2012, 10:12:09 AM
Are they alien tech rings? I thought they were just "mystic" like Doctor Strange. I don't know a lot about those guys.

What's up with the Captain America looking Iron Man suit though? That's a major turn-off.

The rings are alien tech.. and the suit is a play on the 'Iron Patriot' armor that came out of the WORSE storyline ever..something following Civil War.. I think they just used the look for the War Machine armor.

Observing Trifles

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 24, 2012, 10:14:57 AM
The rings are alien tech.. and the suit is a play on the 'Iron Patriot' armor that came out of the WORSE storyline ever..something following Civil War.. I think they just used the look for the War Machine armor.

Agreed. Most likely just a way to dress up the War Machine armor, rather than a means to actually incorporate the Iron Patriot. From what I can tell, the Iron Man armor undergoes so many changes throughout the films that War Machine probably needed to keep up, or risk looking archaic in comparison.
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

Falanor

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 24, 2012, 10:14:57 AM

Dark Reign storyline.  Very boring, but at least it gave The Hood a nice showing for a while.  They decided to use the look for War Machine because of his Military tie, and it looks better on film than a black and white armor.

Quote from: BrilliantDays on October 24, 2012, 03:13:20 PM
Agreed. Most likely just a way to dress up the War Machine armor, rather than a means to actually incorporate the Iron Patriot. From what I can tell, the Iron Man armor undergoes so many changes throughout the films that War Machine probably needed to keep up, or risk looking archaic in comparison.

It looks like that Stark will be getting the Extremis fairly early on...and it might be a bit on the possessive side of things too.

Mathim

Anyone notice the chest reactor resembles an iPhone? Product placement.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).