Islam , A variety of discussions from a non extreme perspective.

Started by Formless, September 07, 2013, 12:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladia2287

My apologies Oniya. I can tend to get a little... heated when presented with certain viewpoints. I'll do my utmost not to let it happen again.

littlerooster

Quote from: Dashenka on October 27, 2013, 06:43:47 AM
The intolerant muslims I know are intolerant about the same things Christians are intolerant towards. It's called Religion. Both Christianity and Islam are intolerant religions, but of the two, in my view and what I know from it, Islam is the most tolerant of the two.

In fact I wish that my girlfriend would still practice the Islam because I think it's very interesting religion from a very interesting region of the world.

Roflmao Christians have never hacked anyone up in the streets the way that Muslim did in England, I can't continue discussing this as truly I am physically ill that anyone could see Islam as a decent or tolerant religion. I live in Australia and have seen Muslims riot, kill and rape in the name of their "religion of peace" as well as call for sharia laws and want other concessions even though they knowingly came to live in a non Muslim country.

Whereas when westerners go to Muslim countries we are expected to adhere to their religious laws. So yes Islam is a most intolerant religion as are it's followers. Now excuse me so I can throw up, the thoughts in this thread are a serious concern. 

Dashenka

Quote from: littlerooster on October 27, 2013, 06:48:24 PM
Roflmao Christians have never hacked anyone up in the streets the way that Muslim did in England, I can't continue discussing this as truly I am physically ill that anyone could see Islam as a decent or tolerant religion. I live in Australia and have seen Muslims riot, kill and rape in the name of their "religion of peace" as well as call for sharia laws and want other concessions even though they knowingly came to live in a non Muslim country.

Whereas when westerners go to Muslim countries we are expected to adhere to their religious laws. So yes Islam is a most intolerant religion as are it's followers. Now excuse me so I can throw up, the thoughts in this thread are a serious concern.

And Christian priests abusing young boys, Jehova's going door to door, Mormon's letting the whole world know about their views and let's not forget the First Baptist Church shall we? Do you call that tolerant?

The people that you mention, do whatever they do in name of the Islam, because they are stupid. Their deeds do not reflect the Islam whatsoever. If I go out on the street, get a gang of people with me and kill the first person I see and say I do it in the name of God and Christianity. Does that make Christianity intolerant or does it just make me a lunatic? Those guys who hacked the guy to death in London SAID they did it in name of the Islam but they could just as well have said they did it because voices in their head told them to.

Your view on Islam is unfortunately based on the fear and hatred infused by these so called 'islamic warriors' who befoul a fantastic religion and unfortunately, most of the western media only show that side of Islam so the fear and hatred gets linked to Islam where it just doesn't deserve it.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Beguile's Mistress

The OP has requested that this thread be kept to the discussion of Islam and not for attacking each others beliefs.  Please keep that in mind as you go forward, leaving the current theme behind.  If you wish to discuss such things please feel free to start another thread and leave this one to its requested purpose.

Kythia

So, back on topic.  A while ago you said:

Quote from: Formless on October 27, 2013, 05:32:58 AM
As Oman is a Neighbouring country to mine and there's a relationship of ' brotherhood ' between the two nations.

is the Ummah something you, I dunno, have at the forefront of your head? Is it a real lived thing or just a theological concept?  Do you see it as applying even to Muslims from a different sect?  Christianity has (had?) that viewpoint as well (things like 1 Cor 1:10 or Rom 12:5) but it was never really a lived and breathed doctrine, and I'm kinda curious as to whether it has survived in Islam.  My daadi talks about it quite a lot, but she draws lines closer and tighter than I've got the impression they should (for whatever meaning that word has) be drawn.

ladia2287

I have one thing I would like clarified for my future reference. It concerns the tradition of fasting in the month of Ramadan.

This Ramadan just past, I faced a dilemma at work. One of my Muslim employees was feeling unwell. I sat her down in the office so I could keep an eye on her, and from her symptoms I guessed that she was likely suffering from very low blood sugar levels and may have collapsed if I hadn't noticed that she looked a bit pale.

Under normal circumstances, I would have given her a glass of sugared water and advised her to sip slowly until she felt better. However, as the sun had not yet fallen, I knew that she wasn't supposed to eat or drink anything and I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable by the suggestion that she should break her fast.

Thankfully her sister was working and advised me that she had been properly excused from fasting as she hadn't been well for several days, and so I could offer her the drink without feeling guilty. However, in case this crops up again next Ramadan, I wonder if any of the Muslim folk here have any advice? I have heard that if you are sick you are allowed to eat dates, but I have not been able to confirm this and I don't really want to wait until another Muslim employee nearly faints before I find out the answer.

littlerooster

Quote from: Dashenka on October 27, 2013, 06:55:24 PM
And Christian priests abusing young boys, Jehova's going door to door, Mormon's letting the whole world know about their views and let's not forget the First Baptist Church shall we? Do you call that tolerant?

The people that you mention, do whatever they do in name of the Islam, because they are stupid. Their deeds do not reflect the Islam whatsoever. If I go out on the street, get a gang of people with me and kill the first person I see and say I do it in the name of God and Christianity. Does that make Christianity intolerant or does it just make me a lunatic? Those guys who hacked the guy to death in London SAID they did it in name of the Islam but they could just as well have said they did it because voices in their head told them to.

Your view on Islam is unfortunately based on the fear and hatred infused by these so called 'islamic warriors' who befoul a fantastic religion and unfortunately, most of the western media only show that side of Islam so the fear and hatred gets linked to Islam where it just doesn't deserve it.

I hate anyone who molests children regardless of their religion.

Preachers and religions that seek to convert equally bore me.

The fact remains and I am happy to provide links Islam is violent and intolerant. It's followers commit atrocities in its name.

littlerooster

Quote from: ladia2287 on October 27, 2013, 07:29:31 PM
I have one thing I would like clarified for my future reference. It concerns the tradition of fasting in the month of Ramadan.

This Ramadan just past, I faced a dilemma at work. One of my Muslim employees was feeling unwell. I sat her down in the office so I could keep an eye on her, and from her symptoms I guessed that she was likely suffering from very low blood sugar levels and may have collapsed if I hadn't noticed that she looked a bit pale.

Under normal circumstances, I would have given her a glass of sugared water and advised her to sip slowly until she felt better. However, as the sun had not yet fallen, I knew that she wasn't supposed to eat or drink anything and I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable by the suggestion that she should break her fast.

Thankfully her sister was working and advised me that she had been properly excused from fasting as she hadn't been well for several days, and so I could offer her the drink without feeling guilty. However, in case this crops up again next Ramadan, I wonder if any of the Muslim folk here have any advice? I have heard that if you are sick you are allowed to eat dates, but I have not been able to confirm this and I don't really want to wait until another Muslim employee nearly faints before I find out the answer.

I am forced to work with Muslims who for some reason are allowed to leave work early during Ramadan, it is not wise to fast as you have noted blood sugar levels drop and you can feel quite weak, the simple solution would be that they not fast during this time so they do not burden the rest of their team.

ladia2287

They are required to fast during Ramadan, littlerooster, unless they have been excused. I am merely asking for someone knowledgable about the religion and its practices to recommend how I can tackle this matter if it arises again.

littlerooster

Quote from: ladia2287 on October 27, 2013, 07:46:43 PM
They are required to fast during Ramadan, littlerooster, unless they have been excused. I am merely asking for someone knowledgable about the religion and its practices to recommend how I can tackle this matter if it arises again.

In a society where everyone is supposedly equal why should you have to do anything special at all? Sounds like another case of "some being more equal than others" than others to me.

ladia2287

As an employer I am legally required to be considerate towards the religious and cultural needs of my staff, unless they have agreed in writing to forgo these needs or they are in contravention of the contract of employment. This means if someone tells me they cannot work Sunday mornings as they have Church, I need to do my best to accommodate that. If a Jewish employee informs me that they need to be excused from a particular task that involves handling non-kosher food products, then I have to find a job for them that doesn't involve this. Why should I be considerate towards the religious requirements of a Jew or Christian, but not a Muslim?

Formless

I'd like to thank the staff member , Lady Oniya & lady Beguile's Mistress for their kind observation over the thread. And all the other threads too. ::)

Kythia
Quote from: Kythia on October 27, 2013, 07:19:05 PM
is the Ummah something you, I dunno, have at the forefront of your head? Is it a real lived thing or just a theological concept?  Do you see it as applying even to Muslims from a different sect?  Christianity has (had?) that viewpoint as well (things like 1 Cor 1:10 or Rom 12:5) but it was never really a lived and breathed doctrine, and I'm kinda curious as to whether it has survived in Islam.  My daadi talks about it quite a lot, but she draws lines closer and tighter than I've got the impression they should (for whatever meaning that word has) be drawn.

The Ummah , or the Nation , is a concept. A term that includes all Muslims , all sects , faiths and individuals. The easiest way to put it would be ' We believe in the same religion , generally. Thus we should band together under a single flag. ' At this day and age , its just something the Imam like to say , but the average Joe does not even care about it. Mixing up with everyday's life , a man does not have the mindset to think about the rest of the world. So it became a term that is thrown around when needed for an argument's sake. In reality? Most Islamic countries are not even in good terms with each others and the examples are too many to count.

Now regarding what is between Saudi Arabia and Oman. Its part of the Cooperative Council of the Arabian gulf countries. Originally it consisted of Saudi Arabia , Kuwait , UAE , Bahrain , Qatar & Oman. Iraq joined , but was expelled after the gulf war and just recently re-accepted , and Yemen also recently joined. What differs the relationship is something political more than just an Islamic bond. So , it doesn't really relate to the ' Nation ' concept.

Formless

Ladia2287:

Regarding Ramadan and fasting. So kind of you to be quite considerate and attentive to your employees alike.

Fasting can cause a lot of problems to a hard worker. or someone who isn't completely healthy. Now if you are concerned about your employee , it is easy to handle the situation. A Muslim is not supposed to fast if their does not allow it. If they are in a condition where fasting will harm them , they are excused of it.

So if your employee had a ' one time ' illness during Ramadan. They are excused the days she feels ill , and she's supposed to make up for them after Ramadan , fasting them individually whenever the time is right for her. But if she is a chronic patient of some sort and her condition does not allow her to fast at all , then she's not supposed to.

I hope that helped clarify it.

ladia2287

Quote from: Formless on October 27, 2013, 08:23:40 PM
Ladia2287:

Regarding Ramadan and fasting. So kind of you to be quite considerate and attentive to your employees alike.

Fasting can cause a lot of problems to a hard worker. or someone who isn't completely healthy. Now if you are concerned about your employee , it is easy to handle the situation. A Muslim is not supposed to fast if their does not allow it. If they are in a condition where fasting will harm them , they are excused of it.

So if your employee had a ' one time ' illness during Ramadan. They are excused the days she feels ill , and she's supposed to make up for them after Ramadan , fasting them individually whenever the time is right for her. But if she is a chronic patient of some sort and her condition does not allow her to fast at all , then she's not supposed to.

I hope that helped clarify it.

Thank you Formless. Both these girls are very hard workers and if she was already unwell then fasting probably exacerbated the issue. In future I will ask if they think they can be excused from fasting until they feel better :)

Formless

Quote from: littlerooster on October 27, 2013, 08:08:10 PM
In a society where everyone is supposedly equal why should you have to do anything special at all? Sounds like another case of "some being more equal than others" than others to me.

Well it appears to me that your complaints are more professional than controversial. You can always speak to your supervisor about it. Follow the chain of command if you find yourself treated unequally.

Now please , we would like to keep the discussion about the various aspects of Islam. If you have any points to add , please be certain that they fit the theme of this thread. Thank you.

littlerooster

Quote from: ladia2287 on October 27, 2013, 08:35:33 PM
Thank you Formless. Both these girls are very hard workers and if she was already unwell then fasting probably exacerbated the issue. In future I will ask if they think they can be excused from fasting until they feel better :)

And then these two "hard workers" will claim racism even though Islam is not a race and you will find yourself in a world of problems!

littlerooster

Quote from: Formless on October 27, 2013, 08:43:04 PM
Well it appears to me that your complaints are more professional than controversial. You can always speak to your supervisor about it. Follow the chain of command if you find yourself treated unequally.

Now please , we would like to keep the discussion about the various aspects of Islam. If you have any points to add , please be certain that they fit the theme of this thread. Thank you.

My complaints and concerns about Islam are various, I believe I am on topic in this thread with my questions and comments, as stated I see and experience the sordid religion of Islam all the time, but as I have noticed that the Muslims and pc zealots on here feel my concerns are too truthful and challenging for them I will refrain from commenting further, besides as Islam allows its followers to lie to non Muslims this thread was doomed before it started.

ladia2287

I do not believe you are acquainted with the individuals who work for me littlerooster. Kindly refrain from such comments as I personally find your attitude offensive.

Mithlomwen

littlerooster, your tone and attitude are in need of a check. 

One staff member has already stated that the discussion up to the point in which you started posting has been civil.  Your posts however are not. 

If you cannot refrain from making inflammatory and biased comments regarding the subject at hand, it would be best if you not comment at all. 

We take civility very seriously here.  Perhaps you need to read the rules once more. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

littlerooster

Quote from: Mithlomwen on October 27, 2013, 09:01:28 PM
littlerooster, your tone and attitude are in need of a check. 

One staff member has already stated that the discussion up to the point in which you started posting has been civil.  Your posts however are not. 

If you cannot refrain from making inflammatory and biased comments regarding the subject at hand, it would be best if you not comment at all. 

We take civility very seriously here.  Perhaps you need to read the rules once more.

I have been quite civil thanks, I have stated facts and offered to post links to all the crimes committed by Muslims so sorry if this has challenged people.

And if you read my last post I stated I would refrain from challenging Muslims here in regards to their dark religion as it is obvious they cannot see it for what it is.

Mithlomwen

If your responses have been civil in nature, your definition and mine differ greatly. 

Again I will say, if you cannot post here without hurling insults and accusations with no proof to back up your statements, you need to not post.  Period. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

littlerooster

Quote from: Mithlomwen on October 27, 2013, 09:20:04 PM
If your responses have been civil in nature, your definition and mine differ greatly. 

Again I will say, if you cannot post here without hurling insults and accusations with no proof to back up your statements, you need to not post.  Period.

Links coming soon.

ladia2287

littlerooster, I have already indicated that your comments are offensive. By the comments of Oniya, Beguile's Mistress and Mithlomwen, I am not alone in this. I would recommend that you refrain from posting in this topic anymore and remind you that persecution based on religion is illegal in this country. No one is forcing you to agree with us. If you cannot post here without making such inflammatory comments then please be courteous enough to leave this thread.

Formless

Now since I already have a feeling what kind of links we'll be seeing.

I have to tell you one thing , Littlerooster. I am not here to defend Islam or Muslims.

You clearly have not read any of the initial posts written by me in this thread. It is understandable how you chose to reply to a certain post here and disregarded the rest of the thread.

But do you take the rest of humanity's side on this debate? If you choose to post links to what ' Muslims ' committed. Are you willing to defend the rest of humanity when I bring the crimes humanity committed against itself? I am not going to speak of faith , ethnicity , country or gender. I am going to put Humanity on the stand of accusation.

Now for the sake of this community , if you're only here to post inflammatory posts , please refrain from doing so. Unless as i stated above , you're willing to defend every single being who does not take Islam as their faith.

Oniya

There will be no links posted at the present time.  Carry on.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17