kasper

everything that we see is a shadow
cast by that which we do not see.

G U A R D I A N  ☨  M O N S T E R S

P R E L U D E

I love you.
I love you.
I love you.
I love you so much, when I'm done there'll be nothing left of you.

He wouldn't stop telling me, yearning for me to know he loved me. Even as he clawed and tore and ripped at me. Beyond the pain that seared from limb to limb, I was in awe of something as beautiful and horrible as he. There shouldn't be any creature like him allowed to live, I know that. But there's only one way to kill them, you know, the guardian monsters... I am his life. It doesn't matter how weak I am nor that he thrives off my bloodshed. His strength does not depend on me. It's why we call them that - guardian monsters. If their bonded human dies, so does the spectre. Spectres are what the race is really called. They appear just as humans do which is why it's so difficult to discern a wolf in sheep's skin. This side of him isn't what is usually shown, my spectre wears his mask rather well. He is kind, he is gentle, he is sweet - but that's all a front. He tells me he loves me when he gets in his bloodlust and it's not that I doubt he loves me, I know he does. But it's not like the kind of thing that lovers share. It's more primal than that. He loves the broken things, the meat, the taste of my own monster lurking within. The chosen humans are always given the choice - suffer yourself or allow the suffering of others. The spectres don't have to kill their victims, but mine enjoys squeezing the life out of others... I know this because of my weakness - It's funny what I call a weakness he calls a strength. The first time he let me choose, I watched him rip the life out of a classmate. Because he can't kill me, it's been me ever since. I don't want my hands soaked in blood. I don't want to be the monster he is.

I hate you, I tell him. His eyes soften and he nuzzles his nose into my neck, his lips are warm and wet with my blood but he kisses me. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him.

I love you, he murmurs, sinking teeth down.

L I N K S

S P E C I F I C S

Hello and welcome. This is a game about monsters. Though the intention of this game is not to focus on gore, it is intended to be a bit fucked up. So, if you're squeamish, this might not be the best game for you. But, if you're into the dark and twisted, estranged romance and psychologically dynamic themes, then this might be the game for you. Feel free to read on, and if you've any questions, you're more than welcome to ask.

About the game:
-Modern setting.
-At least 2 paragraphs preferred.
-Needing about 6 - 8 characters and looking to expand the game further in the future depending on how well it does.
-Any pairing is allowed, i.e. spectre x spectre, human x spectre, human x human. A bonded human can be involved with a spectre that is not their bonded. Anything goes here.
-Any gender (or non-gender) orientation, any sexual orientation.
-Please be respectful of others and enjoy!

About the Spectres:
-A 'monster' race that is indistinguishable from humans with the exception of their strength, power and bloodlust.
-They feed from human suffering, pain and anguish. That means they could feed off the flesh of humans, they could feed off physical torment of humans, they could feed off mental/emotional turmoil of humans. Their appetite and indulgence is up to you.
-They are each bonded to a human and this human they protect fiercely, as if their human dies, so do they.
-Typically they are distrusting of other spectres and can count other spectres as enemies, however, the number one threat to the spectres will always be humans, so destroying themselves would be mad.
-Spectres are thought to be mutations, but the real cause of their manifestation is yet unknown. It does seem however, that any coupling can result in the birth of a spectre. While it is most common for a spectre coupling to result in spectre offspring, a human and spectre coupling can result in spectre offspring as can, though much more rare, a human and human coupling.
-While spectres can feel other emotions and feelings other than the hunger, the hunger is always the dominating drive/emotion/feeling.
-Spectres can survive quite well off of only one or two feedings a month.
-Spectres usually have hunting grounds that they compete for.
-All spectres have different preferences as to their favored victims.

About bonded Humans:
-A human cannot choose whether or not to be bonded with a spectre.
-Humans are given a choice - the Spectre can feed off themselves or the Spectre can feed off of other humans. They make this choice every time. A spectre can override this if their bloodlust is too intense (due to starvation or mental breakdown) or if their human is already too weak to handle a feeding.
-Bonded humans have regenerative properties due to their bond with the spectre. The closer they are to the spectre the faster they are able to regenerate.
-Humans cannot identify other spectres unless said spectre is in some way revealed to them.

S U B M I T

Below is the character skeleton, please fill this out and submit for review. Please submit an image representative of your character along with the skeleton.

Name: The character's name (just first name or full name is fine) and any nicknames.
Race: Human or spectre?
Bonded: Who is the character's bonded spectre/human? It's okay to leave it blank for now, this can be determined later!
Sexuality: Heterosexual? Homosexual? Bisexual? Pansexual? Asexual? [Or any other form of sexuality yet to be listed.]
Theme song: Give me your characters theme song!
Personality Traits: You can just use keywords here, like... Charming, irritable, naive, excitable, crabby.
Brief Bio: This is where you let us know as much about your character as you'd like us to. Don't feel like revealing their past? That's fine! You can write about who or what they seem to be, the type of life they seem to lead now, etc. If there is anything you would like to discuss with me as far as plot ideas, feel free to approach! And of course, I think you can also plot among yourselves, so feel free to do that as well!

Stats: You have 25 points to spend! Your character can change as the story progresses and they can earn more points! A spectre's physical abilities will always be more powerful than a human's, i.e. if a spectre has a strength of 3 and a human a strength of 3, the spectre's strength of 3 is double that of the human's 3, so for the human to match the spectre's strength of 3, they would need a strength of 6.

Spectre:
Strength: ?/10
Emotional Capacity: ?/10
Speed: ?/10
Endurance: ?/10
Intelligence: ?/10

Human:
Strength: ?/10
Regenerative: ?/10
Speed: ?/10
Endurance: ?/10
Intelligence: ?/10

C H A R A C T E R S

Taken Role

|

Name: Kasper
Race: Spectre
Bonded: Lily
Sexuality: Pansexual with a female lean.
Theme Song: An Aurora by Tomoko Death
Personality: Temperamental, insightful, manipulative, charming, ornery, perverted.
Brief Bio: Kasper has little issue blending in with humans. He attends university and holds a part time job to keep up with appearances. His hunting grounds are the university and areas around the university, lately however there have been a few competing for his prime feeding grounds due to an insurgence of spectres in the area. While some spectres band together to avoid chaos, Kasper is a lone wolf. Areas outside his are known for being ruled by spectre gangs but his territory has yet to be snatched away from him - not that attempts haven't been made. He is annoyed by having to protect a weaker being and sees his bonded as a burden.

Stats:

Spectre:

Strength: 5/10
Emotional Capacity: 3/10
Speed: 4/10
Endurance: 7/10
Intelligence: 6/10

x

Taken Role

| | |

Name: Nigiri (pronounced knee-gear-ree), nickname Eerie (play on of the last part of his name)
Race: Human
Bonded: Kai
Sexuality: Pansexual, male-oriented lean
Theme Song: Where Is My Mind by The Pixies
Personality: Playful, eclectic, curious, naive, stubborn, unstable.
Brief Bio: Nigiri is a drifter. He seems to have little to no ambition as far as his future, instead preferring to play than work or study. Unlike most, he is very friendly towards his bonded spectre and has a close companionship to them. He doesn't seem to take notice of his surroundings or the intentions of other people. For now he works at a small coffee and sweet shop. He enjoys change as indicated by his nomad type lifestyle and his ever changing hair color and styles.

Stats:

Human:

Strength: 3/10
Regenerative: 8/10
Speed: 5/10
Endurance: 3/10

x

Taken Role

Name: Penelope
Bonded: Russell
Sexuality: Heterosexual, though will shamelessly flirt with anything around her
Personality Traits: Seductive,Smooth talker, Bubbly, Courageous, Fake, Inner torment, Unable to cope well
Brief Bio: Penelope's history is a bit hard to quite pin point, in the regard she doesn't freely give information out about herself to begin with.That if any are able to get through the heavy mask of deception and flirtatious mannerisms they would find a woman with a bitter past that she does all that she can to keep hidden away. The fast talker will spin a various sort of lies and facades of her younger life, each one varying from being a professional model who got tired of the business, to that of a gang leader's daughter who had to lay low in order to stay 'alive', each one is more fabricated than the last as many don't put forth the effort to try and learn the truth. In fact Penelope is quite content in making up stories of her life, the latest perhaps the first if not foremost truth as she is currently in the ranks of a gang of spectres who wish to give protection to others of their kind in a form of tryst of varying sorts. The so called recruiter has a natural gift of picking out those she sees as potential and is her job to bring them into the fold less there be any more territory battles and unnecessary blood shed when it could be put to better use. The organization is one of darkness and shadows, only going by one name; The Inked Swallow as Penelope bears the organization's embalm of a gentle swallow on a throne branch as a tattoo across the curve of her hip.

Stats:

Spectre:

Strength: 4/10
Speed: 7/10
Endurance: 6/10
Intelligence: 5/10

x

Taken Role

Name: Ken Long
Bonded: Iona
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Theme song:
Fairy Tail, Natsu Dragneel's theme

Personality Traits: Hot-tempered, quiet, strong-willed, cruel, stubborn, emotionally distant, vengeful, not very bright
Brief Bio: One of the very rare cases in which a spectre was born to two human parents.  He grew up not truly understanding what he was until late into his teenage years.  He was violent, cruel, and rebellious all throughout junior and high school.  He found it difficult to get along well with others and was constantly getting into fights.  He had been suspended multiple times and had to change schools twice due to expulsion.  Considering his poor academic performance, it was practically a miracle that he was able to graduate at all.  Perhaps the only reason why he even bothered with school in the first place would be his parents.  Though he often butt heads with his father, he still loves both of his parents.  He'll probably never realize much least admit to that, however.

Stats:

Spectre:

Strength: 8/10
Emotional Capacity: 1/10
Speed: 8/10
Intelligence: 1/10

x

Taken Role

Name: Russell Rolph Weyland
Bonded: Penelope
Theme Song: "Victor & His Demons" by Fiddler's Green

Personality: Generous, Creative, Musical, Brooding, Temperamental, Passionate, Lost

Brief Bio: A musical prodigy beyond any doubt. From an early age, Russell demonstrated an ability to compose music and a knack for learning almost any instrument, the violin and piano being his favorites. In his high school years he was composing multi-symphonic pieces, and by the time he finished college he had been invited to join several different international orchestras. The money was good, too! When not touring, he would spend additional time composing and selling his work to musical publishers for a tidy sum. While not commonly famous or a household name by any measure, his work is well known and in demand by those in the industry. Only lately, he hasn't been producing much. For reasons of his own, Russell has moved out of the limelight. Friends don't hear much from him these days. At best, he remembers to send birthday cards to his sister's kids. Job offers and commissions have been turned down, and while he has plenty of cash thanks to prudent investments, he's been out busking on street corners and subway stations, or playing gigs in small bars and night clubs. Any pub that has a working piano even half in tune is fair game, and he doesn't even bother to put out a tip jar half of the time! And of late? He's been drinking. A lot. Russell Weyland might still be young yet, but by his unshaven face and the haunted look in his eye, he's seen better days.

Stats:

Human:

Strength:  5/10
Regenerative:  2/10
Speed:  4/10
Endurance:  7/10
Intelligence:  7/10

x

Taken Role

Name: Charles Castex
Bonded: TBD
Sexuality: Pansexual
Theme song: Broken Out of Love by Mark Crozer and The Rels
Personality Traits: Aloof, Cold, Manipulative, Playful, Secretly Perverted, Hard to describe in one word yet I would say kind of that Mad Hatterish gig, but the more serious version of it if that makes sense.
Brief Bio: When he was younger Charles own intelligence separated him form others, both by his own doing when he found his peers to be boring... and other times when they couldn't understand him. Overtime this would eventually separate him from them not just socially, but emotionally as well. Not that this really mattered when one was able to become a professor at a university at a younger age... such separation was needed. To be quiet honest it is this that creates his close ties to his Specter and whatever it wishes to do... amusing observation perhaps? Or maybe one of many other motivations could drive him? Who knows... at the end of this game after all the blood would only be on a proxy's hands.     

Stats:

Human:

Regenerative: 4/10
Speed: 6/10
Endurance: 2/10
Intelligence: 10/10

x

Taken Role

Name: Ro (Short for Roach)
Played By: Amarlo
Bonded: Robert Black (Justric)
Theme song: Meg Myers - Desire
Personality Traits: Paranoid, Guarded, Distant, Hostile, Irreverent, Animalistic, Sarcastic, Witty, Clever, Imaginative, Inquisitive, Improviser, Questionable, Somewhat Sadistic, Self-sadistic, Self-contradictory, Fearful, Angry.
Brief Bio: Truthfully not much is known about Ro. She keeps herself pretty distant from those around her despite her unquenchable thirst for companionship. Unfortunately it's because of this many have come to assume she's either a snob or shy. In all honesty it has a lot less to do with timidity or ego and a lot more to do with fear. After all, Ro is no ordinary oblivious, happy little human. Oh no, our little Ro didn't grow up blissfully unaware of those dark things that go bump in the night.  As a matter of fact her earliest memories aren't much like those of a typical human at all.

Ro didn't go to any schools growing up, nor did she have many - if any - friends either. No one tucked her in or read her stories before bed, no one took care of her when she was sick or soothed away her fears after a nightmare, no one celebrated her birthday or hid presents beneath a Christmas tree, and you can bet no one took time from their day to teach her how to read or write. As a matter of fact, Ro doesn't even remember her parents, and as far as she knows they are long dead. You see, she wasn't anyone's precious little girl - not like the typical precious little girl at least. What made her precious wasn't any of her actual merits, after all. What made her precious was her capacity to feed those around her.

After all, what was more pure than the terror and pain of a child? Even better yet, she didn't know any better either. This was her life, it had been so since she could remember. Day after day she was terrorized and fed upon by these wolves in sheep's clothing, and day after day she thought little of the fact her life was anything but ordinary. Not that she particularly enjoyed her life either, but in her world.. This was how everyone like her was treated. Oh...Did you think she was the only one? Of course not! There were others. Some were even packed into the same little room as she was. Sometimes they were even pitted against one another for their captors' entertainment - something Ro would think painfully cliche later on. It didn't really matter at the time, however. None of them seemed to last as long as her though. None had ever been captured so young as she and because of this they fought back -but that was the problem, wasn't it? They always fought back, and when they fought back it always got worse. Many didn't even survive the first night.

Then again... Maybe, just maybe, it was due to her strange regenerative qualities? Who knows. She certainly didn't at the time. All she knew was they bled out faster or their skin seemed to be more squishy and pliable. Eventually the people that had her screwed up one way or another. She never knew the details of what happened but from what she remembered of the operation she honestly suspects that one of their group had been caught by someone that hunted their kind. It was likely after some sort of interrogation that they were all revealed and because of that she was eventually saved.. If you could even call it that. The first time she saw the light of the sun unhindered was painful to the say the least and to this day her vision suffers from her life spent in darkness. The people that saved her didn't provide much guidance either. They just eventually dropped her off at a police station and before she knew it she was dubbed mentally unstable, institutionalize and eventually transferred into a group home for mentally unfit adults - which is where she still currently resides today.

Her recovery, if you could call it that, was hard. It was a journey that taught her to most she was insane and to many she was just as disgusting as those that held her. Apparently killing other people just to save your own neck was more morally complicated than she'd originally anticipated, but well... That's people for you. They all had different opinions, many of which she found she didn't agree with. Sure, these people weren't torturing her in the same manner her captors had.. but just like those spectres these humans held her captive against her will. Just like those spectres these humans told her what they wanted her to think and made her do what they thought was acceptable. Just like those spectres these humans made her feel just as every bit as isolated and vulnerable as she had all her life. The only difference was they hid it behind this masked facade they called 'therapy' and 'help'.

The only person even remotely redeemable among them was perhaps the weirdest of them all. Robert Black was a very, very strange man indeed. The first time she'd seen him she honestly thought he was some manner of demon. Who actually thought that clowns looked funny was messed up in the head, because he looked utterly horrific to her. He was persistent though. He was the first to introduce her to flowers, and the first to accompany her on her first official adventure into the outside world. He helped her learn to read - Even if he'd left many of their 'classes' with bruises and ripped up books. That didn't stop him though, and he was the only one. Everyone else had long ago given up on her but not him. He'd been there from day one, from the first day they moved her from the police station to the hospital - but did any of this actually make him trust worthy? Did that make him safe..?

Stats:

Human:

Regenerative: 5/10
Endurance: 5/10

Notes

Ro is no longer illiterate but her reading level is barely half that of the average person.
Yes, Ro was abducted by a family/group of spectres as a very young child.
When entering the general game this is actually only a short few months after she was originally freed.
Ro hates spectres. As a matter of fact, Ro is currently struggling with a sort of misanthrope and lack in faith in humanity as well.
Ro sometimes actively hunts spectres.

x

Taken Role

Name: Robert “Mr. Floppyshoes” Black
Race: Specter
Bonded: Ro
Theme Song: ”Roustabout” by Beats Antique

Personality: Kind, Outgoing, Empathetic, Focused, Artistic, Spontaneous

Brief Bio: 

"Because if I weren't a clown, I'd be a murderer.” - from The Last Circus

Rob was born of Specter parents. He was raised a Specter, knew his heritage, was taught fully what he was... And he hated it. He saw his mother and father treated their bonded humans, abusing them and manipulating them again and again to feast; the overflow of emotions and physical pain from those encounters was what sustained him in his earliest days. When he was older, he was encouraged to do much the same to his classmates and the neighborhood kids. He did so. And then he hated himself for it. These were his friends! People he was growing up with! While their misery sated his appetite, it rode on what was becoming a burgeoning guilt for what he was doing. Rob just wanted to be a normal kid and not cause such suffering! What was the point in living such a life? He couldn't see it!

Adding to his guilt? His own bonded human. Rob knew perfectly well where she was and what she was enduring, but he was helpless to do anything about it. His parents were reluctant to intercede for fear of trespassing on other Specter's territory. As a child and a teen, he was simply wasn't powerful or influential enough to do anything. He'd dream about her, feel the anguish through the shared connection, and become all the more guilt-ridden and frustrated by his lack of ability to do anything. There was only one thing that Rob could find refuge in – clowning.

His parents despaired of his fascination, unable to comprehend his desire to make humans smile in some small repayment for the miseries he had to inflict upon them to survive. The whole of it became something short of an obsession! Rob studied the history, culture, and traditions of clowning, even going so far as to attend clowning camps and seminars. He created his own character, Mr. Floppyshoes, built an act, and eventually began attending classes at various clown colleges around the country. Initially, he was horrified to discover that he could feed off of people's fear of clowns. Granted, it was the same as more or less eating gruel, but it would sustain him. There was always one in every crowd, at all the parties, and each street corner, a human who was deathly afraid of the grease-painted face and outrageous clothing. Once over his shock, he managed to accept it as a sad fact of life... one that he wanted to change.

Therapy clowning. A way of helping people through difficult times be it in hospitals or hospices, and he was sure to take as many seminars as he could to become great at it. Because Ro? She was going to need it. Rob hadn't just been bouncing around the country during his teenage years and early twenties just to become an entertainer. He had been forging connections and finding people who agreed with him that the Specters who had his human had to be dealt with before they became a problem. Her captors had taken other humans, after all. Sooner or later, the human authorities were going to find them, and then the jig would be up for all of them.

Rob was there. He took part in the raid. Ro might have seen his face among the others, but he doubted it. She was a mental and emotional wreck. All agreed it was better to hand her over to the mortal authorities to deal with, and at least he had the comfort of knowing where she was, right?

It wasn't enough. Rob began visiting Ro in the hospital and then in her group home as Mr. Floppyshoes. He did his best to help in any way that he could, trying to make up for years of not being able to protect her. Helping her read? Showing her flowers? Taking her out on walks? Whatever it took. Including whenever she needs to vent her rage physically. And, on an occasion when she really needed it, he would give her whatever pain she asked for. But never while wearing his clowning gear. Never. Somethings... somethings just weren't done.

Rob has become incredibly supportive of Ro, but also incredibly protective. He's joined the Inked Swallow in part to fulfill some of the promises that he's made, and also to better ensure Ro from other Specters' predations. He's not aware that she's been hunting Specters; if he discovers that little fact, he'll be horrified, because there's only one way to kill one of his kind: by killing the human bonded to it. In the end, however, if anyone tries to hurt her for any reason, he will kill them.  Because behind the painted on smile and silly voice?

He's still a monster.

Stats:

Spectre:

Strength:  4/10
Emotional Capacity:  7/10
Speed:  4/10
Endurance:  5/10
Intelligence:  5/10

x

Taken Role

Name:Lily Mathews
Bonded: Kasper
Sexuality:Heterosexual
Personality:Sensitive, Easily startled, Fearful,Loyal, Tormented
Brief Bio:WIP

Stats:

Human:

Strength: 2/10
Regenerative:5/10
Speed:3/10
Endurance:8/10
Intelligence:7/10

x

Name: Kai
Bonded: Nigiri
Sexuality: Bisexual
Theme Song: Super Shooter by RIP Slyme
Personality: Calm, level-headed, street smart, protective, mature, passive.
Brief Bio: Kai was raised by his grandfather who was a spectre. He was able to learn the ins and outs of what it meant to be a spectre. Kai’s grandfather had taken special steps to ensure that Kai’s bond would be simple to maintain. Kai still isn’t sure if this made Nigiri an easier or harder bond to maintain.

Stats:

Spectre:
Strength: 10/10
Emotional Capacity: 2/10
Speed: 2/10
Intelligence: 4/10

x

Taken Role

Name: Percy Tierdon
Sexuality: Pansexual
Theme Song: Elastic Heart by Sia
Personality: Jaded, blunt, compassionate, reserved, perceptive, dependable, trustworthy.
Brief Bio: Percy has recently lost her family due to an automobile incident. She attends high school and seems an ordinary student, however, in order to support herself she has turned to making a living by dancing at a night club run by spectres. Rumor has it that she will 'provide services on the side' for a fee. She is unaware that she has a bonded spectre somewhere out there but she is aware of spectres. Her mother was a human, her father a spectre and they had a pair of twins - Percy and her brother Dakota. Though Percy was human, her brother was a spectre. From both her father and brother, she's had a lot of insight to the spectre realm that most humans are unaware of. When she tragically lost her family, one of her brother's friends had offered a helping hand to pick her back up off her feet. She now has close connections to many members of the Inked Swell gang, their base being the night club she dances at.

Stats:

Human:
Strength: 2/10
Endurance: 5/10
Intelligence: 7/10

x

Taken Role

Name: Eliza
Bonded: Charles
Sexuality:Heterosexual, but willing to explore!
Theme song: Mz. Hyde by Halestorm
Personality Traits: Possessive, Impatient, Protective, Strong willed, Fickle, Pervert
Bio: Currently working as Charles' teaching assistant at the University and overall guard dog of the eccentric male. (WIP)

Stats:

Spectre:
Emotional Capacity:4/10
Endurance:5 /10

x

Name: Rasha
Bonded: Andrei
Sexuality: Demisexual
Theme Song: Cookie Thumper by Die Antwood
Personality Traits: Yandere As Fuck | Easily Amused | Lover of All Things Pink & Sparkly | Highly Intelligent | Can Survive Anything | Monster on a Leash

Brief Bio: Ma was a spectre. Ma was also a whore. Not so much by trade as by the way things shook out. Rasha wouldn't hold it against her if it hadn't meant being the literal and metaphoric punching bag. But Ma died and things got better because now there was only one other person in the world to blame for the shitty existence Rasha'd found herself in. Along the way to murder Daddy Dearest she found Andrei.

Whom she stalked. Lovingly.

They ended up bonding. Which didn't make her less a monster. Just made her a monster on a leash. She'll still commit all kinds of mischief and murder given the chance which is what Daddy Dearest found out. Andrei used his inheritance to get them both out of the country and to someplace much nicer. Well, he also used it to spoil her rotten. Just as it should be since she's his baby princess girl. And if anyone thinks they can change that...well, she'll rip that person's throat out. With her teeth.

Strength: 5/10
Emotional Capacity: 2/10
Endurance: 4/10
Intelligence: 8/10

x

Name: Andrei
Bonded: Rasha
Sexuality: Rasha and sometimes other females
Theme song: Ugly Boy by Die Antwoord (Voice/accent ref as well.)
Personality Traits: Condescending, posh, materialistic, manipulative, hood, crazy, sadistic, dysphoric mania (bipolar disorder where manic episodes are experienced much more than depression), exciting, playful.
Brief Bio: Hailing from a third world country that’s plagued with extreme poverty, his home country is rife with violence and crime. Despite Andrei coming from one of the few wealthy families, it’s inescapable to avoid the violence, resulting in Andrei being a strange mix of posh and hood. He lived fairly normally until he found himself with a crazy little stalker. At first he was a little put off by it, but it didn't take long before he became lovestruck. He doesn't care for anything but his baby girl and it's clear that he'll do anything to make his princess smile. Which is exactly why they are where they are now, in a land foreign to them.

Stats:

Human:
Strength: 7/10
Regenerative: 3/10
Speed: 2/10

x

Name: Iona Gray
Bonded: Ken Long
Theme song: Cold Blooded by The Pretty Reckless
Personality Traits: Tactful, guarded, emotionally introverted, magnanimous, shy, and melancholy.
Brief Bio: Originally, Iona was enrolled in a student transfer program, she had only arrived in the area recently. But rumors circulated that the student transfer story is a cover up and that more stories how she's here on asylum from a wartorn country, or that she was in witness protection. When confronted with these allegation she would only smirk and leave the conversation entirely, letting people choose whatever story suits them.

She enrolled in college only a few months ago, now living in one of the nearby campus houses alone. It became pretty clear moving to the area was to become embroiled in the new power struggle created by the accumulated spectres. The arrangements had been made prior to her moving to the area that she learned recently who she was bonded with.

Socially, she doesn't appear to have a lot of friends, not even with her own age group. The only connection she only seems to have with other people is professional. Other students on the campus had attempted to invite her out to social events but she her answer would insist that she would attempt to make an effort but never show or never call.

As a student she is exceptionally gifted. But more shocking is that she appears to be able to know half of the material before it was even given to her. It was discovered by only a few of the campus faculty that possesses a type of eidetic memory, or photographic memory. But this news only lead to more gossips that she is autistic. A claim she doesn't refute either.

Human:
Speed: 5/10
Endurance: 4/10
Intelligence: 8/10

x

Open Role - You create the character!

x

x

x

thank you
kasper!

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

Bekah Boo

Ooooo are you still looking for players? I only ask to make sure this is still an available game, it looks absolutely amazing.

kasper

Sure am! And thank you~ Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer!

Bekah Boo

Name: Penelope
Sexuality: Heterosexual, though will shamelessly flirt with anything around her
Personality Traits: Seductive,Smooth talker, Bubbly, Courageous, Fake, Inner torment, Unable to cope well
Brief Bio: WIP

Stats:

Spectre:
Endurance: 6/10

Bekah Boo

I hope this will be okay, I will PM you more details about her bio and past and all, but I wanted to go ahead and put something up in the mean time ^^

kasper

Awesome, character sheet added. I'll update once you get the rest complete!

Bekah Boo

Great, I'm in the middle of working it out so it shouldn't be too long.

Otherwise Imma gonna leave this nice plate of brownies for any who decide to join in on the fun ;3

*Sets out a big plate of delicious brownies to tempt players*

kasper

Alright, I updated w/your bio Boo.

Soooo.... 'bout dem brownies. They only for new recruits or...?

-Eyes brownies.-

Bekah Boo

Hehe well they're supposed to be.....

But I suppose one won't be missed too badly ;3

Hob

Hob

Are we needing more Spectres or more Humans at this point?

Bekah Boo

I would imagine either wouldn't hurt, I'm planning on making a human as well so the choice is up to you really.

Hob

Heh. I wish I had the time to play 2 characters! I'd do both!

But give me a bit to debate with myself, and let me see what I can come up with. I have ideas both ways.

Bekah Boo

Ha time hates me, but my compulsion refuses to die.

Oooo ideas...yay, sending good vibes for motivation~

kasper

Quote from: Justric on March 17, 2016, 05:11:17 PM
Are we needing more Spectres or more Humans at this point?

Right now we have 2 spectres and 1 human, I'm hoping for 4 of each, so we still need both spectres and humans.

Also hello, welcome~

And yo Boo <3

Bekah Boo

Hehe hiya ;3

I'm working on a human now, I'll send you the ca when I'm done. ~

kasper

Deathnote

Hmm... definitely going to go for a Spectre.

Does Emotional Capacity refer to the ability to empathize with others?

Also, how low can a stat number go?  0 or 1?  :p

Hob

Working up a male human, then. Not sure if I'll have it done tonight, but shortly at least.

kasper

Quote from: Deathnote on March 17, 2016, 07:41:47 PM
Hmm... definitely going to go for a Spectre.

Does Emotional Capacity refer to the ability to empathize with others?

Also, how low can a stat number go?  0 or 1?  :p

Sounds good to me! And emotional capacity refers to the ability of most 'human' emotions, or the warmer more positive emotions, empathy being one of those, yes. However, they can feel pleasure or glee, but of course that's normally derived from sinister implications. Hope that makes sense.

And a stat number can go to 0.

Quote from: Justric on March 17, 2016, 08:18:17 PM
Working up a male human, then. Not sure if I'll have it done tonight, but shortly at least.

Great! I look forward to it!

Deathnote

Name: Ken Long
Bonded: TBD (preferably someone intelligent)
Theme song:
Fairy Tail, Natsu Dragneel's theme

Personality Traits: Hot-tempered, quiet, strong-willed, cruel, stubborn, emotionally distant, vengeful, not very bright
Brief Bio: One of the very rare cases in which a spectre was born to two human parents.  He grew up not truly understanding what he was until late into his teenage years.  He was violent, cruel, and rebellious all throughout junior and high school.  He found it difficult to get along well with others and was constantly getting into fights.  He had been suspended multiple times and had to change schools twice due to expulsion.  Considering his poor academic performance, it was practically a miracle that he was able to graduate at all.  Perhaps the only reason why he even bothered with school in the first place would be his parents.  Though he often butt heads with his father, he still loves both of his parents.  He'll probably never realize much least admit to that, however.

Stats:

Spectre:
Strength: 9/10
Emotional Capacity: 0/10
Speed: 8/10
Intelligence: 1/10

kasper

Hob

Name: Russell Rolph Weyland
Theme Song: "Victor & His Demons" by Fiddler's Green

Personality: Generous, Creative, Musical, Brooding, Temperamental, Passionate, Lost

Brief Bio: A musical prodigy beyond any doubt. From an early age, Russell demonstrated an ability to compose music and a knack for learning almost any instrument, the violin and piano being his favorites. In his high school years he was composing multi-symphonic pieces, and by the time he finished college he had been invited to join several different international orchestras. The money was good, too! When not touring, he would spend additional time composing and selling his work to musical publishers for a tidy sum. While not commonly famous or a household name by any measure, his work is well known and in demand by those in the industry. Only lately, he hasn't been producing much. For reasons of his own, Russell has moved out of the limelight. Friends don't hear much from him these days. At best, he remembers to send birthday cards to his sister's kids. Job offers and commissions have been turned down, and while he has plenty of cash thanks to prudent investments, he's been out busking on street corners and subway stations, or playing gigs in small bars and night clubs. Any pub that has a working piano even half in tune is fair game, and he doesn't even bother to put out a tip jar half of the time! And of late? He's been drinking. A lot. Russell Weyland might still be young yet, but by his unshaven face and the haunted look in his eye, he's seen better days.

Stats:

• Strength:  5/10
  • Regenerative:  2/10
  • Speed:  4/10
  • Endurance:  7/10
  • Intelligence:  7/10

CurvyKitten

I've been peeking at this one, my only worry is with a game that is so tied to partners what happens when your characters partner POOFS from the rp?