News:

Main Menu

Superhero Squad Online

Started by LunarSage, July 30, 2011, 03:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

https://www.heroup.com/

If you haven't seen it yet, it's a Marvel Universe MMO that's designed for kids (our 6 year old daughter -loves- it) but kinda fun for adults as well.  All the characters are chibi-style and the missions are easy enough for kids to succeed but difficult enough that adults can enjoy their ability to get higher scores.  The characters (especially the villains) make me laugh.  It's a cute game and free to play, albeit with limited characters (you start off with Cyclops, Falcon, the Thing and Ms Marvel and can upgrade to a "JR SHIELD MEMBER" account for like ten bucks a month where you can earn more gold and buy other heroes (some of which are fairly obscure). 

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Kunoichi

Ooh, so the cartoon got its own MMO...  Nice. ^^

LunarSage

It's not bad.  I enjoy it enough that I bought a couple monthly memberships.  One for me, one for Josi and one for our daughter.  The mini immediately bought Wasp to play.  Me, I'm saving for Cap or Thor (classic of course).  :-)

Kunoichi

How fun is it without a membership?  Would you say it would still be worth playing, or...?

LunarSage

Oh definitely!

I would highly recommend the game, especially if you have younger kids.  I play the game with my daughter just about every day.  It's great for bonding. 

I just got classic Thor for 1000 gold!  :-)

Despite it being chibi-style, these characters are remarkably true to the comics. 

Kunoichi

Yeah, the actual cartoon has all sorts of nods to the comics, too. ^^ It's also pretty genuinely funny, at least to me...