The Jean Grey School For Higher Learning ~ 2037

Started by Primarch, June 14, 2013, 01:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

So what is the game based on?  Movies or comics?
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

The Golden Touch

Oo... Holy crap that's four elements, healing, and speed/agility/senses... Seems seriously overpowered.

EDIT: Especially Earth, Wind and Water since they are always present in some fashion. Fire not as much...

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

CurvyKitten

The speed agility and senses aren't truly super human, but at the peak of human capability. I probably didn't explain that very well.

Like I believe the most lifted by a woman was around 450 Lbs, that would be the tops Runa could go. As an example, not the whole leaping buildings with one jump or throwing cars or anything like that LOL The sense is like...a well tuned ear, and able to taste all the little flavors in a dish, or above 20 20 vision ( but not super eagle eye vision or anything) Basically her body is in peak performance...that make better sense?

Beyond that she has the elemental stuff and healing.

And I added weakness to help counter the powers themselves.

The Golden Touch

Okay, so seeing the powers as they are... How extreme were you planning the healing to be? I could see it as a limitation of healing wounds but not making her undying since the power would be halved in a way by mixing the powers of two mutants.

CurvyKitten

She certainly can't grow back a limb or anything, but can heal quickly from wounds dealt to her.

The Golden Touch

So just healing, no immortality. Hmmm...

Why all four elements?

CurvyKitten

I imagine she has a rather long life but she isn't unkillable no.

And because that is how I originally created her and I truly like how it fits the character.

The Golden Touch

Water and Wind alone would make a touch more sense considering her mother, but there are always mutations that can solely appear in offspring.

CurvyKitten

Not really considering Ororo worked with lighting and such as well(though you may be referring to ororo's nature), it is a warping of those abilities and the nature that is within the character herself.

RedMoon

Looks interesting. I've been throwing around X-Men character and plot ideas for a while now, and I've been considering dipping my toes in to the vast and terrifying abyss that is group RP. Are we still harvesting people for this? Looks like there's a great deal of interest already. I'm reading over the threads, and I'm curious about the balance of teachers/staff to students. I had a more teacher/staff character in mind, but, he could always be altered if we need more students.

Ember Star

Quote from: Primarch on June 17, 2013, 06:59:45 PM
Krystle Drake, Bruin & Lyla all look fine.

Hans also looks rather fine, I'd just like to know about the mother. He might not know IC but OOC we do. Especially if it explains where his luck power comes from.
Thanks!
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

RockSalt

Technically, children's powers don't HAVE to be related to their parents' powers at all. At one point a child or Storm's had things like clairvoyance and aura sensing that came from neither parent.

That said, from a comic's standpoint, most canon children have one of three ability configurations when comparing to their parents:
1. The power set of ONE parent (the most common by far. Most psychics x other mutants seem to produce children with exclusively psychic powers.)
2. PARTIAL powers from both parents, either weakened versions, or versions that are more specific/less flexible. (Example : Scott x Emma frost made Ruby, who had eye beams and a ruby covered form but no psychic abilities.) This is the second most common. Wolverine and... someone I forgot, birthed a child with claws made out of psychic energy, a mix of the parents)
3. Unique, non related powers. This is very uncommon. Though it's important to note that these powers still often are inspired by or have a theme that relates to their parents. I consider Ororo's kid I've already talked about with oracle like powers to be drawing inspiration from Ororo's african roots, and from her phase of being worshiped as a goddess. Then again Magneto is father to both Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch whose connecting themes seem to be "white hair" and "villain????".

Most people here are just stacking powers up from both parents, but it's important to know you're not trapped by that. Spike in some continuities is related to Storm, and shooting spikes out of your body has nothing to do with weather control :3 So you're free to get a bit more creative with your powers if you want!

RockSalt

Quote from: RedMoon on June 17, 2013, 09:37:28 PM
Looks interesting. I've been throwing around X-Men character and plot ideas for a while now, and I've been considering dipping my toes in to the vast and terrifying abyss that is group RP. Are we still harvesting people for this? Looks like there's a great deal of interest already. I'm reading over the threads, and I'm curious about the balance of teachers/staff to students. I had a more teacher/staff character in mind, but, he could always be altered if we need more students.
I'm pretty sure we're still looking for people! I think we only have one teacher, maybe two, so we definitely need more! Also, no one is playing any of the original x-men as of yet!

Primarch

Quote from: RedMoon on June 17, 2013, 09:37:28 PM

Staff would be very welcome. If you could reference what subject he/she taught in the 'position at school' section I'd appreciate it.

CurvyKitten

I realize that the powers didn't have to be copies of the parents. I add tweekes and saw to making it her own.

I also like that the sisters also have some gifts that kind of link as well. From a rp stand point of it all.

I have had the character in the waiting for 4 years now, the power set up is truly due to the rp that it will bring about.

Not a OMG I want JANK stand point. I mean I play Jean grey in another x-men game and have for over a year I do believe. And beyond the defensive fighting style I have played with her,( in the two...? fight scenes I have played her in.) I have used her powers to get her coffee....and once during a steamy sex scene But yeah....LOL The power set is more the rp of it all. If you read the BG it even as bits and pieces that tie into it that I am hoping will lead to rp goodness.

RockSalt

Quote from: CurvyKitten on June 17, 2013, 09:47:57 PM
I realize that the powers didn't have to be copies of the parents. I add tweekes and saw to making it her own.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that you didn't already know (you obviously did as your powers are different) I just have been wanting to geek out a bit about power inheritance and used you guys getting on topic as an excuse to bring it up |D;;;

RedMoon

Quote from: RockSalt on June 17, 2013, 09:43:40 PM
I'm pretty sure we're still looking for people! I think we only have one teacher, maybe two, so we definitely need more! Also, no one is playing any of the original x-men as of yet!

Excellent. Though, I don't know how I'd feel playing canon characters.

Quote from: Primarch on June 17, 2013, 09:46:52 PM
Staff would be very welcome. If you could reference what subject he/she taught in the 'position at school' section I'd appreciate it.

Good to know. How do we feel about villain-affiliated characters? Like, people with villains for parents/progenitors, etc.

I'm a fan of Mr. Sinister's ability to control genes/cells, and using that for healing, acting as a school physician or something of the like. Seems a good medic would be useful in a school where children fight giant robots and evil mutants on a day-to-day basis. Anyway, I was considering making him a clone or child or Sinister, if that's acceptable.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: RockSalt on June 17, 2013, 09:50:56 PM
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that you didn't already know (you obviously did as your powers are different) I just have been wanting to geek out a bit about power inheritance and used you guys getting on topic as an excuse to bring it up |D;;;

Nods~ coolcool....on a side note I'm actually watching Wolverine origins and Logan just got shot in the head. And I just had this interesting question. Does or did logan heal the holes in the adamantium or just heal around it? Can he heal the adamantium that covers his bones?

RockSalt

Quote from: RedMoon on June 17, 2013, 09:51:39 PM
I'm a fan of Mr. Sinister's ability to control genes/cells, and using that for healing, acting as a school physician or something of the like. Seems a good medic would be useful in a school where children fight giant robots and evil mutants on a day-to-day basis. Anyway, I was considering making him a clone or child or Sinister, if that's acceptable.

Ooooh I really like that idea! We already have one character whose grandpappy is Magneto himself, and the institute has always been accepting of those who want to change their ways (sometimes a dumb extent) So I don't think it's an issue.

... Though I should probably stop answering things that the thread owner should answer >3>

RockSalt

Quote from: CurvyKitten on June 17, 2013, 09:54:14 PM
Nods~ coolcool....on a side note I'm actually watching Wolverine origins and Logan just got shot in the head. And I just had this interesting question. Does or did logan heal the holes in the adamantium or just heal around it? Can he heal the adamantium that covers his bones?

You're assuming the adamantium is capable of being damaged LOL

But in all seriousness, in at least one arc he has had the adamantium ripped from his bones and hasn't regrown it, so I think he is incapable of regenerating it. It's likely because it isn't a natural part of his mutation or body.

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

The Golden Touch

Name: Tabitha "FireFly" Collins
Place of Birth: New York City, New York
Family:
Father: Rusty "Firefist" Collins
Mother: Sally "Skids" Blevins
Position at School: Staff (Literature)
Extra Appearances: One Two

Powers:
Pyrokinesis:
Visible Fires(Temperature based)

Red
Just visible: 525 °C (980 °F)
Dull: 700 °C (1,300 °F)
Cherry, dull: 800 °C (1,500 °F)
Cherry, full: 900 °C (1,700 °F)
Cherry, clear: 1,000 °C (1,800 °F)

Orange
Deep: 1,100 °C (2,000 °F)
Clear: 1,200 °C (2,200 °F)

White
Whitish: 1,300 °C (2,400 °F)
Bright: 1,400 °C (2,600 °F)
Dazzling: 1,500 °C (2,700 °F)
She is able to create flame by causing a chain reaction of combustion. The more her emotions build, the more the temperature rises to create a visible flame. The heat radiating around her may cause melting of surroundings, and severe burns to those she touches or even become as deadly as turning flesh and bone to ash. The point of no return is roughly 2,000 °F when her fire begins to turn orange. At this point she must either be knocked unconscious or contained. The brighter the burn, the more energy is consumed. Should she burn to an intensity of white-hot heat, she would be knocked unconscious by an explosion of her power being manifested. This would be much like the back draft of opening a door into a burning building. While immune to the flames she creates, she is unable to control types of fire she did not create. Manipulation of candles, bonfires, etc are not within the realm of her control.
Skills:
Hand to Hand (Brawling): Due to her inability to summon fire away from her body, she likes to take the fight up close and personal. All of her styles are essentially a knock down, drag out fight.
Mediation: This is sort of her 'calming' exercise, normally based on the idea of shutting down the emotional part of herself. While it can keep her volatile emotions in check, it leaves her fairly emotionless and apathetic in her day to day interactions.

Back Story: Daughter of a pyrokinetic and a woman would could manifest force fields, Tabitha never really manifested her powers in a normal way. Though, normal is not something people strive for in this world. Her father was considered a villian, taken away when she was very young. Whether Rusty is alive or dead is unknown to her, and her mother likes to keep it that way until she knows herself. Sally joined S.H.I.E.L.D, her reasons unknown to those within the company. The truth was half to keep her young daughter safe and the other to find Tabitha's father. She had kept her daughter hidden, preventing her power from doing much more harm than a forest fire or two. Taught to control her powers by keeping her emotions in check, the woman is a loner type- teaching her classes and working on her own studies to continue her PhD in thermal energy.

Turn-Ons: She has a thing for broad shouldered male types, with a tight ass in a pair of jeans. Pain also gets her going, it is one of the few "feeling" type things that will not provoke her fire.
Turn-Offs: Anything to do with bodily waste, and overbearing dominance is a straight up hard limit. Something to do with emotions yes?

The Golden Touch

The back story is shiiiite. Her mother was last known to be working with S.H.I.E.L.D. and did appear to Magneto to inform him he was still listed as mutant... I sort of spun Tabitha in there since none of Skids reasons for joining were known.

Eh...

-Shrugs-

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: CurvyKitten on June 17, 2013, 09:54:14 PM

In the movie it isn't explained.  As for the comics there are no holes in his skull as he has been shown mostly melted.  From my understanding of his character, destroying his brain in the only way to kill him.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Strifesblaze7

You have to destroy his spinal column and the adamantium makes that pretty much impossible. He and sabretooth can only die that way.
Is there a point where nobody cares