The Jean Grey School For Higher Learning ~ 2037

Started by Primarch, June 14, 2013, 01:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockSalt

I can't wait to see everyone's characters! Especially once they're in action!

Batman4560

In a strange way I feel as if I messed up my character by giving him a combo of Colossus and Kitty Prides powers. Does that offend anyone?

RockSalt

Why would it insult us? X D It's your character you're talking about. Honestly, I like that you attempted to combine the powers a little bit, as opposed to just giving him both stacked on top of each other :3

And I made an OC with a completely made up set of powers so don't worry about that  ::) Besides, personality and interaction is more important than powers. Powers are just the fancy frills.

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

Primarch

Krystle Drake, Bruin & Lyla all look fine.

Hans also looks rather fine, I'd just like to know about the mother. He might not know IC but OOC we do. Especially if it explains where his luck power comes from.

RockSalt

Strifesblaze7

Powers are just how we kill, lol. I agree that interaction and personality have much more effect.

CurvyKitten

Yeah I keep looking over the powers that I had her having orginally and trying to make it a good balance fo the game. But truth be told I didn't really use her powers much last time I played her. Powers are more fluff for when we beat baddies, the rest is just rp goodness. :)

Primarch

Quote from: RockSalt on June 17, 2013, 07:12:56 PM
Does that mean Alex isn't okay? o3o

Terribly sorry, I could swear I mentioned Alex. Character will need to be completely re-done.

I jest, Alex is fine.....unless there's something I missed. <.<

Batman4560

I think we are all looking forward to seeing your character.

RockSalt

Quote from: Primarch on June 17, 2013, 07:32:49 PM
Terribly sorry, I could swear I mentioned Alex. Character will need to be completely re-done.

I jest, Alex is fine.....unless there's something I missed. <.<
DON'T GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK LIKE THAT. XD

Woo okay I'll go post him in the character thread then!

The Golden Touch

-Slides through-

>:) Bwahaha...

-Steeples fingers-

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Batman4560

The Golden Touch

Batman4560

Quote from: The Golden Touch on June 17, 2013, 07:46:36 PM
Already have.

-Evil laughter-

You minx, I just went threw all the pages looking for your character.

The Golden Touch

It isn't there. >:)  I'll give you a hint though, her parents are Firefist and Skids.

Batman4560

Is your character a sort of human torch with a force field ability?

The Golden Touch

More like, she has to heat up and create combustion.

Batman4560

The Golden Touch

Mmm, Magma uses heat to fight- my character uses it to create fire only. Perhaps the first wave of heat can probably fry the hell out of someone but it isn't how she uses it.

RockSalt

Oooh new person, and sounds like a fun powerset :3

Batman4560

I know, Magma is my favorite character and if not her Im really really interested to see who she is going to be playing.

The Golden Touch

-feels her head reeling from the research-

This should be entertaining... I've made her powers emotion-driven. >:)

Strifesblaze7

CurvyKitten

What I have pulled together, I know I need to fix some typos here and there as my brain is only half here. I is a tired kitten LOL  So that leads to me being a typo queen, which I apologize for ahead of time. but I wanted to get the sheet up, and give everyone an idea of what I had in my head. Also to let Ember and Snickerz see anything in the BG that I need to change about or edit a bit.

Name: Runa Munroe (taking her mothers last name since her father couldn't remember his.)
Place of Birth: actual location unknown some where off the  Zambezi River
Family: Mother: Storm (Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, née Munroe) Father: Logan aka Wolverine  And two sisters:
Position at School:

Appearance:
Height:5' 9"
Weight:137
Eye Color:golden, honey
Hair Color:mostly black, pure white highlights mixed within
Powers:
As her mother controlled weather the gift seemed to pass on to Runa, but due to her more animistic nature it has taken a much more carnal and raw form. Runa can manipulate the elements themselves, Earth, Fire, Wind, Water all fallow her whim.

Her father left his mark within her body as well. His ability to heal was passed down allowing her to recover from the countless troubles that has seemed to find her over the years.

She also has enhanced speed agility and sense, her body seeming to be at the peak of human capability. As if she had trained for years none stop, yet her body seems to be naturally that way.

Weaknesses:
Her emotions greatly affect her powers, she still has trouble controlling her powers during moments of entrance emotion. Her mother still works with her trying to teach Runa her level of control. But it does seem that her father's sense of control was also passed down.  And her more animal sides cause her to lose her temper rather easy. Along with her more primal sexual needs. She tries to keep herself in check through meditation. If that doesn't work she finds herself a fight, or runs till her body gives.

The elements have to be present for her to manipulate them.

Her heightened body, and senses are not truly what one would say as super human. But if measured they are all at the peak of human capabilities. But they do seem to cause her to have a much higher metabolism then most. "A growing girls got to eat...right?" :P

Skills:

Agility:  Runa is incredibly agile, her lithe body seems well developed and designed to work through movements that would throw some of the best gymnast. She uses her agility in her fighting along with her free running and the way she gets around places. Using the environment to her advantage, and not having a second thought about throwing her the air from one moment to another.

Survivalist: Runa spent her summers trekking through the wilderness with her father Logan. And because of it has learned how to survive in most any conditions.

Hand to hand combat: All three of her parents saw to teaching her their own way of fighting. Helping her develop her own form that best suited her. No she finds herself quite skilled in hand to hand combat. Though Logan still insists she has a lot to learn, she cockily replies with how she kicked his butt last summer....details are still a bit fuzzy if that is true or not.

Piano and singing: Ororo and Kurt both believed that Runa needed a soothing hobby. So in hopes that it would help her find a sense of focus they had her take piano lessons. Though now a days the skill despite the level it is at is rarely heard.

Multilingual:
Thanks to her very diverse back ground Runa knows, French, German, Swahili

Backstory:
Runa Monroe is the offspring of Logan and Ororo, their once known love affair ending for whatever reason. She was what remained as proof that they did in fact once care for each other very deeply. It was a surprise for them both, but the small girl was well welcomed by both of them. Even if Logan wasn't sure he was or even had right to be a father. And even with both Ororo and Logan parting ways, they both saw to sharing their time with the girl. She would spend summers with her father, and alternate holidays. It was a bit trying at times but it proved to be the best for Runa.

Specially when they realized that the girl had about as much control over her emotions as her father did. It helped that Ororo remarried, Runa's stepfather becoming Kurt (aka nightcrawler). He took to the small girl as if she were his own. Which was probably a good thing as the little Runa had a fascination with his tail. One could always find her holding onto it as she walked behind him on unstable little feet.

Runa never really lacked for love, even with Logan not being there all the time. If something happened she could always count on him to find his way back to her. It was only when she turn 11 that she started to become jealous of the newest addition to the family. She already had one sister but now found Logan having another daughter as well. And for the longest time Runa found herself feeling as if she were the forgotten monkey in the middle. Ororo and Kurt seemed to faun over Kat, and Logan now cared full time for her other sister Lyla. The feelings of being forgotten overwhelmed the emotion child and Runa ended up running away because of it.

Of course this wouldn't last long as her parents all sought to find her. But what they found when the found her surprised and scared them all. It seemed her abilities had evolved and with the emotional state she was in went tragically awry. They found that there had been a fire; no one knows how it really started. But in that fire several lives were lost. It seemed that Runa had been taken in by a few street people. The remains of two elderly people a teenage girl and a small young boy were found. Runa was found covered in ash and crying because she insisted it was her fault.

Things shifted after that and Runa pulled away from people. And found herself going out into the wilderness again and again. Which never went over well when they would find her miles away having run so long her body would give out. Her mother as well as Kurt tried to get her to open up; even Logan tried to explain that keeping it all in wasn't good for you. Her youngest sister Kat clung to her for some reason. And most times it would seem to annoy Runa but she tolerated it. But anyone that hurt Kat would find themselves at the mercy of a very angry older sister.

Runa tries to get along with her other half-sister, but there has always been something between them. But again Runa never seemed to let anyone else mess with her while she was around. Though she never commented or complained about why there was friction. No with most any emotion Runa found herself bottling it up. A habit her mother truly wishes she could help her break. Those closest to her knowing the walls she has put up around herself.

Runa now 23 finds herself as a probationary X-man, coming to learn how to control her abilities a bit more. And maybe to find a way past the walls she has built up over the years. Despite those walls, she has grown into a confident (maybe a bit cocky as well) young woman. She has a sharp tongue and is never one to back down from a challenge. She doesn't give up easily, but does tend to get frustrated when something doesn't click for her. She is still trying to find her center, and her way in life. But her family cares dearly for her and believes that she will find her way one day. Until then they just remain by her side and try to remind her she is not alone...no matter how she may feel at times. One can never say she hasn't inherited her father’s stubbornness.

Turn-Ons:A man strong enough to handle her(mental, emotionally as well as physically), people who can take a joke, food ( her high metabolism has her having a health appetite), the outdoors, camping, the rain, the smell of cigars ( she isn't into smoking them, but the always remind her of her dad), The color blue ( mainly because her step dad is in fact awesome:P) old rock, old movies,
Turn-Offs: Pansies, people who pick on the weak to up their own ego, bathroom play, permanent scarring ( not that it is really possible with her), abusive partners, being forgotten about

Extra Details:
Runa shies away from working with fire, due to an something that happened when she was little and the ability caused a good friend of her to lose their life. The only thing that saved her was her ability to heal.