Game of Thrones Fantasy (5th DnD, custom rules)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, May 21, 2016, 06:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

I've decided to be a Rogue ,they don't have to be criminals, but rather a woman focusing on her own special skill set from a Noble background from a banner house. Very classy but if she needs to survive the worse she can tap into her skills as an Assassin her father saw her trained in and she uses the skills to aid her family. After all you kill a commander then you cripple the enemy more than she could leading men into battle and it would be a justified use of her skills.

Zaer Darkwail

Rogue which has assassin archtype who was trained by one noble houses is workable idea :).

RubySlippers

I will need some setting information are the Lannisters still in play maybe her family are bannerman to them and known for two things making money since the gold mines were depleted they lifted up some merchant houses with extensive trade to a proper house, and with it added their ample coin. And the family uses their large fortunes to buy respectability and place many assets into play their children all got the finest training. My character would be a daughter trained in the lethal arts but on the surface be a proper wealthy merchants daughter doing something respectable.

Oh and Waterhavian Nobles only difference is the Feature which is this cut and pasted from my PDF copy of the book:

FEATURE: KEPT IN STYLE
While you are in Waterdeep or elsewhere in the North
your house sees to your everyday needs. Your name a~d
signet are sufficient to cover most of your expenses; the
inns, taverns, and festhalls you frequent are glad to record
your debt and send an accounting to your family's
estate in Waterdeep to settle what you owe.
This advantage enables you to live a comfortable lifestyle
without having to pay 2 gp a day for it, or reduces
the cost of a wealthy or aristocratic lifestyle by that
amount. You may not maintain a less affluent lifestyle
and use the difference as income-the benefit is a line of
credit, not an actual monetary reward.

My view is pick King's Landing or another big city then if your anywhere in that region she doesn't need to spend money on a Good Lifestyle and minor purchases like she wants to get a adventuring pack and buy everything piecemeal then it would be free but not a nice nobles outfitl. Its a good lifestyle so would be decent and have some comforts over common people. It does fit the setting how often does a Lannister pull out coin for small purchases for example back home or King's Landing? I just think setting wise this option fits well to. In return she would be beholding to her family after all they are paying her mundane bills. ^_^

Zaer Darkwail

I accept that variant offered feature. Anycase Lannisters indeed are similar to the regular GoT universe; wealth based on gold mines which had long since dried up. But with addittion that they have deep and firm fingers in on magic item trade (so one branch of family focused on gold mine operations and trade and other on exploring and escavating old Valyrian ruins for artifacts of power/magic or find items and buy them with cheap cost as owner was not aware they were magical, also some darker tales descripe how they without shame loot any magical artifacts from defeated noble houses).

ShadowFox89

Half tempted by this... if only because 5e. Question would be, Changeling allowed?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Depends, what are changeling stats in 5th edition?

ShadowFox89

They're in the Eberron UA material: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/unearthed-arcana-eberron

+1 Dex, +1 charisma, start with Deception trained, can shapeshift into a humanoid form as an action, as long as they've seen it first.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I allow that race. In GoT lore the first (or founder) of faceless men could had been changeling.

Zaer Darkwail

*pokes*

Just remind some players who had submited completed chars (like Elven Sex Goddess) that IC thread is up and she can post soon as she posts her char in charsheet section.

Lyku

Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on June 17, 2016, 05:13:11 PM
*pokes*

Just remind some players who had submited completed chars (like Elven Sex Goddess) that IC thread is up and she can post soon as she posts her char in charsheet section.

Will do tonight

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Lyku on June 17, 2016, 06:04:19 PM
How will we know if we were accepted?

So far I counted 5 completed chars. So Elven Sex Goddess and you have not posted IC yet and you, Elven Sex Goddess and Changingsaint needs post chars on charsheet section. Shadowfox and RubySlippers I consider adding in also if they complete their chars. Plus anyone else as there is drop rates for group games so I prefer take just couple more players to ensure I get decent sized group going.

ShadowFox89

There's a class I'd like to ask about, made by Matt Mercer (voice actor, dm, actor). Totally not a Witcher.

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/170777/Blood-Hunter-Class

I was thinking add white walkers to the list next to fey, undead, and outsiders?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

I allow the blood hunter class, order of the mutant is literally Witcher class though :P. Anyways whitewalkers can be added to besides fey, undead and outsiders. Or rather whitewalkers (the blue eye glowing ones) count both as fey and undead. The wights (people risen to do violence) count as undead.

RubySlippers

Working on my character will get her in by Tuesday night at the latest.

Premier

If you've still got spots I'd be up for joining! Thinking of a Wildling Druid who climbed the wall to come South to answer a calling from her old gods, though the calling wasn't being very forthcoming on what or why so for now she's just trying to get by in a world that's not of her own.

Likely be hanging out with Shadowfox as a duo! Oh what a pair we'll be.

Revelation

I could definitely confirm Premier being pretty cool & sticking in things for the long haul.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 19, 2016, 06:00:26 PM
Zaer knows who Premier is, or should :P

From exalted game at Nexus? Anyways wildling druid works for me, so long you can figure out how/why she has come to King's Landing (a heavily urban area). I would assume she had used animal forms to blend in or fly there.

Premier

Frenna will be a partner for the Changeling, who took her when she was young from the north after killing her family. Unknown to herself that he had done so.

It was likely for the best, for her family were cannibals who eat human and monster alike. Even the Children of the Forest were not able to escape their hungers and she was born with their stolen blood running through her, an excuse to explain where Wood Elves come from, even if she might be the only one still living.

Too young for the Changeling to feel comfortable killing her after offing her family he took her on as a rather troublesome daughter, especially when it turned out the Old Magic ran strong in her blood. Frenna is now all grown up although far from fully civilized. Even if you only lived off human flesh as a child it leaves you with an outlook on the world that's considerably different to the norm. Frenna's very religious when it come to the Old Gods, who she feels have a plan for her they'll reveal someday, if that's a good or bad thing she couldn't say.

Exotic in look, she tends to gravitate towards similar freaks who don't mind so much though she knows even they won't be accepting of her past so she's got good at just not talking about it. When mixing in better company her elven and exotic looks can help her pass, providing she plays it carefully and doesn't try to punch above her station. Which is difficult, because it comes to the Game she is singularly terrible at it, she likes people plain spoken, honest and passionate. All things in short supply in the more hallowed halls of Kings Landing.

Zaer Darkwail

Good background to me, I assume part reason why leaving north is associated with return of whitewalkers?

Premier

Well she got taken in by ShadowFox's character, who wasn't about to leave her to die just because of what her parents did. Now she's their partner in whatever work they fall into, even if it's more because she's no where else to go.

She's a wildling with a bit of experience in Westaros so she isn't going to be a complete sore thumb, she's just never really ever going to fit in because of her memories of her childhood, which were about as bad as you can get. She really doesn't want to go back North, especially if it sounds like the Whitewalkers are on the march again. It'd take the Old Gods giving her signs she needs to do just that to get her up there and the South is not a place they touch often. There is a godswood in King's Landing though! So who knows, maybe they're not done with her yet.

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, I see. Well if ShadowFox hails originally from the north (being a wildling changeling) or does he hail at from Westeros but somehow bypasses the wall and the rangers of black?

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on June 20, 2016, 06:23:04 PM
Aha, I see. Well if ShadowFox hails originally from the north (being a wildling changeling) or does he hail at from Westeros but somehow bypasses the wall and the rangers of black?

I'm thinking probably found a small path through the mountains, and uses that path if people decide to hire her to find their Ranger family (despite the whole oath of no family but the Night Watch)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Oath does forbid family ties (or rather severs them entirely) but the family can potentially still hire someone go retrieve body or figure what happened to their relative (or spouse) who was ranger of night watch. Or some cases hire someone kill said ranger (not satisfied for mere oath exile to northest military outpost for rest of their life as punishment from major crime). Or make some ranger 'disappear' from the watch and in truth get smuggled back to Westeros.