Soul Society - Recruiting, need Lieutenants & Officers!

Started by Primarch, December 03, 2012, 05:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

Would it be considered a valid weakness if they have an ability that is extremely difficult to control?

I was thinking of giving my character a Bankai that is on similar power scale to the one Hitsugaya uses when it made that snowing effect. However I wanted to make it much more overly destructive to the point where it could likely do more harm than good if anyone or anything were present other than just me and the opponent.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Primarch

Quote from: Red Lobster on December 05, 2012, 10:10:43 AM
Would it be considered a valid weakness if they have an ability that is extremely difficult to control?

I was thinking of giving my character a Bankai that is on similar power scale to the one Hitsugaya uses when it made that snowing effect. However I wanted to make it much more overly destructive to the point where it could likely do more harm than good if anyone or anything were present other than just me and the opponent.

Bankai are generally supposed to be big and destructive, I don't think I'd consider it a weakness that his Bankai obliterates just about anything around it regardless of his intent. As far as Bankai goes that sounds like a strength.

BruceTheCat

Got it, thanks! I only thought about it because I couldn't remember a Bankai (please refresh my memory if there is one) that ever posed a threat to the allies around the user. I thought this might be an interesting negative.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Silk

Don't think there is one that intentionally does it as a side effect, it just comes down to the weilder.

Wajin

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on December 05, 2012, 11:12:45 AM
Player: A Japanese Dane
Name: Ihabara Sosuke
Division: 12th
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Strengths:

• Genius level intellect - Sosuke's mental capacity is tremendous, the former captain of the 12th division even doubting that the Research Institutes computers could run scenarios as fast as Sosuke's brain.
  • Extreme speed -  Despite looking sickly and weak, Sosuke has enormous speed thanks to the experiments he's carried out on himself
  • Kido proficiency - He, like other captains of the division before him, is a kido expert specializing in Hado but severely lacking in He, like other captains of the division before him, is a kido expert specializing in Bakudo
  • Inflated Reiatsu reserves - He has also artificially inflated his Reiatsu to be able to do some of the experiments he wants to do
  • Gadgets - Sosuke carries around some of his favorite gadgets, ranging from offensive weapons to pranks for Chisiyo

Weaknesses:

• Extreme trust issues and paranoia - Sosuke suffers from extreme trust issues, believing everyone with the exception of those in his own division to be either keeping things from him, or taking about him. He takes this as far as to refuse to fight opponents that don't directly threaten his own troops
  • Blind trust and dependency on Chisiyo - Due to the way they grew up, Sosuke focuses and functions very poorly without Chisiyo around.
  • Extreme weak body - with the exception of his legs and brain the rest of Sosuke's body is poorly maintained making him immensely weak in close combat and through prolonged fights as he easily tires and needs enormous amounts of rest afterwards, often sleeping for weeks after a tough fight.
  • Decaying mind - due to his isolation Sosuke's mind and connection with normal people is slowly decaying, his sanity often questioned, but his loyalty never doubted.

Zanpakutō: while sealed his Zanpakutō takes the form of a regular katana

Name: Kurobara (黒薔薇, Black Rose)

Shikai:

Incantation: Kurosu, Kurobare (殺す黒薔薇, Massacre, Black Rose)

Appearance: while in its shikai, the blade disperses and forms two small flying rose flowers that hover by Sosuke's shoulders, when he initiates combat the flowers either close, entering their offensive state, where they're able to fire beam of concentrated Reiatsu. While opened the roses can function as shields to defend Sosuke, and both of them can at any given time form a hilt for him to grab, the rose forming a blade of reiatsu.

Bankai

Name: Sen Kurobare no Sogi (千黒薔薇の葬儀, funeral of a thousand black roses)

Appearance: The roses multiply a thousand times creating a huge amount of roses, each of them able to both attack and defend Sosuke, the weakness of them being the concentration require to control all of them at once. His ultimate technique with Sekai no ha (世界の刃, World Blade) all of the roses with the exception of one gathers in a large circle before firing their combined blast into the single one left, using it as a catalyst to produce a awe inspiring energy blade.

History: Not much of Sosuke’s past is known, what they are sure of though, is that he was on watch by Mayuri Kurotsuchi of the 12th division, along with other potential test subjects and possible shinigami candidates, for a long time growing up as he was already back then unusually intelligent. He also took in a young girl early on, her being his current vice-captain Chisoyo. They took up arms together to defend their home from gangs and bullying. Ihabara’s powers showed themselves then, Kurobara appearing before Sosuke who in turn whispered to it, releasing it for the first time, a feat which would take him decades to repeat, the first time being an accident more than skill, annihilating all the ill doers in his neighbourhood at once. From then he rose in remarkable speed through first the academy, not unlike Toshiro Hitsugaya, with the exception of close quarter combat which took him immense time and effort to even pass. By now Mayuri Kurotsuchi was gone from the 12th division, and by the time Sosuke came, the leader had changed. He quickly proved himself to be more than capable of supervising the senior members of the division. as part of his training and to test his intellect. His genius was further proved when he build a Gigai for Shinigami wanting to the leave the corps for good, by allowing them to reproduce, this research having gone on with other members of the division for years, but with Sosuke in charge of the project. It was about this time he overheard other divisions talking about him, especially some of the more combat active shinigami wanting him gone to make them look good. He grew paranoid and started to withdraw further and further into himself, focusing his attention over the next few centuries, on rising through the division's ranks so he could set up more surveillance equipment to monitor his surroundings .
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Silk

Bleh I can't think of any ability I'd like, if people have any idea's for a Kusari-Gama Shinkai could you let me know Via PM please I would be grateful xD

Primarch

Feck it, laptop just crashed and lot the app I was working on. -_- Back to square one I go. In the meantime however.

Dane, if you could format your strengths & weaknesses into distinct separate entries in a manner similar to azzmeister & SnorkleRainbow it would be appreciated. Like azzmeister however, your weaknesses are very unbalanced in comparison to your strengths. As I said to azz, since I'm only asking for half as many weaknesses as I am strengths, they should be at least semi-decent weaknesses.

I'm saying this to Dane but I'd like it on note in general for anyone still working on an app. Not everyone can be the exception. Please no more apps with big strengths, small weaknesses and the most important part I want to get across, a history that reads "born brilliant, graduated the academy with flying colours and soared up the ranks to Captaincy." Since you don't have to work IC towards being a Captain, at least make the rise to the top reasonable. Decades aren't exactly a bit deal to Shinigami.

xPeachyPuff

Just letting you know I've edited my characters History a little. Was really struggling with it yesterday but I just wanted to get her up. Have added and changed a few things now though.

-xSRx

Wajin

Quote from: Primarch on December 05, 2012, 12:01:15 PM
Feck it, laptop just crashed and lot the app I was working on. -_- Back to square one I go. In the meantime however.

Dane, if you could format your strengths & weaknesses into distinct separate entries in a manner similar to azzmeister & SnorkleRainbow it would be appreciated. Like azzmeister however, your weaknesses are very unbalanced in comparison to your strengths. As I said to azz, since I'm only asking for half as many weaknesses as I am strengths, they should be at least semi-decent weaknesses.

I'm saying this to Dane but I'd like it on note in general for anyone still working on an app. Not everyone can be the exception. Please no more apps with big strengths, small weaknesses and the most important part I want to get across, a history that reads "born brilliant, graduated the academy with flying colours and soared up the ranks to Captaincy." Since you don't have to work IC towards being a Captain, at least make the rise to the top reasonable. Decades aren't exactly a bit deal to Shinigami.

Just clarifying, I never put a time frame on how fast he got to captaincy, could have been centuries, I just said he worked towards it harder than before. But with that said, I'll adjust his weaknesses
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

azzmeister89

ok i edited my characters history to make it seem more logical

JiJi Nanoya

Player:JiJi Nanoya
Name: Chisoyo Sarada
Division: 12 Division
Appearance:

Shikai

Strengths:

~Keen attention to detail. Chisoyo is proud if her attention complex, having need to want to keep tabs on everyone in her vicinity and then some.

~Hakuda. Although many believe that Chisoyo is primarily a bow adept, she has practiced Tai-Chi and learned to harness the power within the Open Palm.

~Reiatsu. It takes Chisoyo a ridiculous amount of Spiritual Pressure to sustain her bow capabilities, thus she has trained with her Captain in attempts of mastering this ability like he has. Though she has a long way to go, she still has a considerable grasp on this.

~Stealth. Her natural element is being quick, lethal, and unseen. She very rarely is seen in a one on one combat situation based in her combat class. As everyone knows, the things you don't see always Hirt the most.

Weaknesses:

~Blades. Chisoyo absolutely cannot engage in armed combat with a blade. Having barely passed formal training in swordsmanship and has lost every blades duel since.

~Anger. This woman is normally calm and dismissive to anyone that isn't her Captain. Though she isn't Extremely confrontational, Chisoyo has an anger issue that causes her to fly of the handle at ill opportune scenarios.

~Ihabara. Her loyalty to Ihabara is unwaverable. She is often mocked for supporting such an unstable captain, which she retorts with angry responses. She is reckless and will not devise a strategy of he is in danger.

~Enigma. Chisoyo absolutely loses it when she feels she is being ignored. She does not have very much to say but when she does, it seems important to her. To ignore her is to spit on her, the ultimate sign of disrespect.

Zanpakutō:

Name:器用さ
Kiyō-sa (Meaning Dexterity)
Shikai: "I can see clearly now!" When her spiritual pressure is set primarily towards her eyes and arms. She sacrifices her senses of taste and touch to enhance her vision. Also allowing multiple projectiles to fire at once. This also allows attachments from the Research Division. Bow and arrow converts to mechanical features as well as an expansion pack that is equipped to the backside to allow flight capabilities. Mixed with Spiritual pressure and Technology enhances accuracy, range, power, and flight. Interchangeable arrowheads that vary from explosive, hook shot, tranquilizer, and smokescreen. Spiritual pressure output fuels the cells in her expansion pack with gears mechanical wings for as long as her spirit is maintained.
Bankai

History:

Her parents were removed a few years after her birth. She was assigned to an unknown district before fleeing after realizing they were not her true parents. Her life became the shadows, skulking the alleyways and scaling rooftops in her spare time. As a child, her treasured possession was a slingshot she found in her old home. Chisoyo was bullied often by those more fortunate than she, which is where her anger complex stemmed from. One day she decided to help herself to food that did not belong to her, as retribution for being chastised by the golden opportunity children. She found herself outnumbered and had been given a collective beating for her actions. 

It was then that she met Ihabara. His power had been far greater than any student she had laid eyes upon before. Her fondest memory is how elegantly his hair swayed as he punished those that had wronged her. Ihabara was her elder and offered to take her under her wing which she gladly accepted. She devoted herself to  him and understood that he was not as crazy as everyone thought him. He rose through the ranks and soon he was out of her reach.

Chisoyo independently studied the art of unarmed combat which had been her first actual foundation of combat. As her instructors informed her that she would need a weapon to protect herself, the bow had become second nature as it reminded her of the slingshot she still held dear. Her stealth and stability made her an excellent choice for termination missions, and she would ocassionally visit the Research Department for quick glances at Ihabara. Her field prowess had been enhanced due to the attachments that were provided by the 12th Division, and she ultimately requested to be assigned to their ranks after learning of Ihabara's promotion to Captain. Once again at her mentors side, she vowed nothing would keep her from protecting him like he had done for her.
You saved me from my sorrow,
Restored my rightful name.
I praise your deeds through song,
My soul; forever yours it shall remain

♡She☆Her☆Hers♡

Primarch

@Dane, I was making a point for the general attention of everyone. But since you want to make a point, his history still states that he got his sword with seemingly no training and instantly released it, a previous Captain has him on radar for being extremely intelligent, later phrased as genius, went through the academy with "amazing speed," and later "quickly" proved himself to be suitable to supervise the senior members. I really don't see why you felt the need to make me aware that you left out details so it "could" have been a long time before he became a Captain. You wrote an app that consistently had him moving through things quickly. If you want to make it clear something took him centuries, don't leave out details and use it as an excuse to "clarify," just include the detail. 

@JiJi, looks good for the most part. But is her Zanpakutō a sword that converts into a bow upon being released or always a bow and just gets better? Because being a bow the entire time would be highly irregular. Going from a sword into another weapon there's a precedence on however.

Wajin

edited my story and weaknesses and strengths

Primarch

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on December 05, 2012, 01:05:30 PM
edited my story and weaknesses and strengths

Looks solid.
I'll get up a character page & ooc page later. Anyone approved can feel free to transfer the apps.

JiJi Nanoya

I figured a bow would be more than reasonable. Say for instance she were to be redirected to another squad as captain upon being promoted. Not only would it be a sign of originality but a symbol of her independence. Also, this is an OC roleplay. I don't see much harm in having said weapon to being a bow, specially if she is not proficient in swordplay. That would mean that she is at extreme odds outside of releasing. This is our own society is it not?

♡She☆Her☆Hers♡

azzmeister89

seeing as your character is in squad 12 it could be a alteration on the blade so it permanently became a bow even in its sealed state, although i'm unsure of how your going to have all the arrows you'll need, i don't think a sealed blade would be able to produce any using Reiatsue.

Silk

Well, part of the lore is how people are able to hide their Zanpactou as other objects of similar sizes, Canes and alike, so hiding it as a bow isn't too far off.

Primarch

Quote from: JiJi Nanoya on December 05, 2012, 01:18:55 PM
I figured a bow would be more than reasonable. Say for instance she were to be redirected to another squad as captain upon being promoted. Not only would it be a sign of originality but a symbol of her independence. Also, this is an OC roleplay. I don't see much harm in having said weapon to being a bow, specially if she is not proficient in swordplay. That would mean that she is at extreme odds outside of releasing. This is our own society is it not?

Its a game with OC characters yes, but we're playing within an established setting. Zanpakutō manifest as swords, there's a precedence of them becoming other weapons after being released and I'd have no problem with her becoming a bow. Releasing to shikai is no big deal to a Lieutenant level shinigami, in fact there's probably not many situations that would require a Lieutenant level Shinigami without needing them to release their weapon to shikai.

QuoteWell, part of the lore is how people are able to hide their Zanpactou as other objects of similar sizes, Canes and alike, so hiding it as a bow isn't too far off.
Yamamoto hides his in a cane, but he needs to break it out of the cane to actually use it.

Silk

Could also be a established weakness of the character that she has to Shikai to be useful in combat :)

JiJi Nanoya

It doesn't really matter. It will be made manifest through a blade that she won't use often. Hand to hand defensive tactics if she should ever find herself in a difficult situation and break out the blade if it absolutely calls for it. Keeps it simple.

♡She☆Her☆Hers♡

Primarch

Quote from: JiJi Nanoya on December 05, 2012, 01:56:47 PM
It doesn't really matter. It will be made manifest through a blade that she won't use often. Hand to hand defensive tactics if she should ever find herself in a difficult situation and break out the blade if it absolutely calls for it. Keeps it simple.

I'm not against that.

Primarch

Player: Primarch
Name: Goro Oshiro
Division: 1st
Appearance:

With the inclusion of standard outfit, of course

Strengths:

• Spirit Pressure - The Captain Commander possess reiatsu expected for one of his station. By most Shinigami and beings aware of reiatsu it is considered utterly monstrous in scale. Releasing his spirit pressure is known to cause lightning storms, the element associated with his Zanpakutō.
  • Hand-to-Hand Combat - In the history of Soul Society, there are none whom can rightfully claim to have been a contender for his mastery of Hakuda.
  • Swordsmanship - Goro is as talented with sword combat as one would expect for the man that has been the Captain-Commander of the Shinigami since their founding. Even by the standards of Captains he is very talented.
  • Shunpo - While not to the level of his swordsmanship and certainly not his hand-to-hand, Takehiko is a noted master of Shunpo even among the other Captains and has extensive experience.
Weaknesses:

• Kido - Goro has always been more martial then magical in his combat. If it were not for his immense spirit pressure & experience his kido would be truly dismal. Among the Captains his kido is below average, something even more noticeable as he is the Captain-Commander.
  • Traditionlist - Goro is very, very old. He has spent so long creating, pondering and enforcing the laws of the Shinigami he has come to believe they are absolute. Most situations have become black and white to him. He is stubborn with the laws and traditions of the Shinigami and very slow to accept new ideas and even slower to implement new policies in Soul Society. It is an unfortunate truth that the Shinigami will never really modernize while Goro Oshiro is Captain-Commander. 
Zanpakutō:
Name: Kami kirā (God Killer)
Shikai Ten no himei o tsukuru (Make the Heavens scream)
When Captain-Commander Goro Oshiro releases Kami Kira it alters its form from a katana to a Dai-Katana, it is an event that can be detected by everything for a great distance due to the huge spike of spirit pressure, it is further evident by the storm clouds forming for miles around, as Kami Kira is a lightning weapon. While released the blade is coated in constant lightning and creates the boom of thunder when it strikes an object (or person). By pointing Kami Kira towards an object Goro can fire streams of lightning that are known to vaporise just about anything. 

Bankai Kami kirā, Tengokutodjigoku no ryōhō o shūryō suru koto ga dekiru mono o akiraka (God Killer, Reveal that which may end both Heaven and Hell)
When Kami Kira's Bankai is triggered, the lightning storms created by his shikai become unnaturally violent and begin to damage the surrounding area to such a degree that by Goro's own admission they would eventually destroy everything, himself included. Regardless the presence of this lightning grants Goro a noticeable boost to his physical properties. During his Bankai he can perform several special abilities, such as an advanced version of his Shikai ability to point the blade in a certain direction to fire streams of lightning. He can also draw the entirety of the lightning towards his blade for a super charged attack or to "fling" it towards an opponent. This always results in massive collateral damage. He can also proceed a thunderous boom that releases a wave of impact so powerful it causes visible movement in the air (not to mention the ring moving out from his body knocks back whatever it encounters with terrifying force). It should be noted that with his massive spirit pressure released, most individuals cannot stand in the presence of his Bankai, it would certainly be lethal to the vast majority of non-Captain powered entities.   

History:
Back before the Shinigami existed Goro Oshiro was just a man. In those days there was no formal training for a Zanpakutō, one learned its name and grew in power or they did not. It was that simple. Some of those that had learned the name of their swords, such as Goro, believed they could protect others with their power. They were right, but how they did it was wrong. They were very few in number back then, dozens at most. Not the thousands the Shinigami can muster these days. At first they protected small local areas but as it grew, they stopped knowing the names of the people they were protecting. When the people they protected became faceless masses it became easier to stop caring about the reason and more about the process. Protectors became leaders, and the leaders watched carefully for anyone to slip up.

Things started to change when Goro and two of his dearest friends, whom he considered brothers wandered the Earth battling Hollows. They came upon a creature the likes of which had never been seen before. They tried to fight it but it was hopeless. His comrades told him to run and get the others, they would hold back the ferocious hollow. With a heavy heart Goro did so. When they returned the fight was devastating, he had brought dozens of men that would form the first Shinigami, but other Hollows had come, attracted to the events. The day was won in the end, but the survivors released things needed to change. From that day the Shinigami was born. Goro Oshiro was elected their leader, for he his Zanpakutō was the most powerful and he had wisdom to match. In time the Academy was founded and the warriors trained, they passed on their skills over time they became a true defense force.

But those were the days when Goro had colour in his hair. It has been two thousand years since the Shinigami was founded. In that time much has changed. These days he continues his mission and duty.

In the interest of fairness I suppose its only right one of you should review my app. Snorkle, you were approved first if I remember correctly. How about you do it?

xPeachyPuff

It'd be my pleasure. (: It all sounds good to me. Good balance of strengths and weaknesses and I like his back story. I'm pretty sure everyone else would be happy with him too.

-xSRx

Primarch

Alrighty then, I'll set up OOC & character threads. Any requests on which board its in? I'm not expecting this to be a particularly sex filled game or anything but I'm not going to stop you from having your fun if it does come up.

Wajin