Puella Magi Futa Magica (Futa girl vs tentacle monsters. D&D 3.5 based)

Started by SmilingFox, September 09, 2014, 07:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ala Rai Sen

Quote from: Killer Robot on October 06, 2014, 10:31:50 PM
18 is natural dexterity, 20 is after the gear.   Natural bonus armor was the +2 from the leather armor; I seem to have put in the wrong place so I put it in deflect instead, is that right?   And I'm a rogue /everything/ (practically) is a class skill.  Pretty sure myth weaver marks things that aren't class skills with an x under the cc column.  I marked my knowledge skill as area knowledge and swapped some points around to get points for fashion knowledge as well.

Ah, okay. And the +2 enhancement bonus on the armor actually adjust the armor's base bonus, so you'd record it as a +4 in the armor box.

Ala Rai Sen

Vanetias

SmilingFox

Quote from: Vanetias on October 10, 2014, 05:53:22 AM
Could I replace it with this version of the mechanist/engineer class(It's made for D&D 3.5):http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Mechanist_(3.5e_Class)

No. I'd rather you avoided homebrew entirely.

AEvum

To elaborate homebrew can cause all sorts of problems. It's often unbalanced, poorly written, unclear on some things, unflavorful, and needlessly complex. It becomes a hassle for the DM who then has to read through the class, judge whether or not it's balanced, and then keep a close eye on things in case it starts falling apart in game. Not to mention that they're generally meant for more advanced players and thus harder to play.

But I mostly just made this post to say that I'm still ready to play even if I haven't been posting.

Cerebellum von Doom

This definitely piqued my interest, though I have a few questions I hope could be elaborated on.  First off, how frequently are you looking for your players to post, and will there be a weekly posting limit?  Also, will the game start with the girls already having transformed into futa?  If so, would you be open to the concept of a boy having turned into a futa?  Its not really necessary for my interest in the game, but just an angle I thought might be interesting to run with in characterization.  The psychology behind a character who used to be male that is now forced to present as female yet with a big secret that helps them cling to a previous identity...well I hope you see the potential.

Character class concept would lean towards druid or sorcerer, something with a familiar.  Haven't decided on the animal because that will vary depending on character gender backstory.

Cerebellum von Doom

Incidentally the 'wish' for him, if it were a boy, would be to go to a school that has girls, because he was enrolled in an all boys school.

SmilingFox

For posting limit, I'd hope for perhaps a post every two or three days, at a minimum. Once a week is the most I could accept as far as posting delays go, simply because in combat situations it tends to seriously lag the game down.

The game will start with all players being experienced magical girls, and I'm going to have to say 'no' to playing a boy, even one that was turned into a girl via wish. Sorry.

Cerebellum von Doom

Thanks for the quick response!  Well 1-3 posts a week isn't bad at all, and I completely understand the gender restriction.  If its alright with you, I shall work up a character proposal.

Edit: I'm going to brush up on the setting first.  After looking through the other proposed characters, I realized I didn't want to be ill prepared.  I'll pm you once I feel, confident I know the setting well enough to proceed.

Zaer Darkwail

Sorry it's taking so long submit a char, focusing on WoW a lot this weekend  :-\

Anyways for pic purposes I plan use one these two, assuming it's okay for magic girl theme (as mentioned I will play cleric/warlock/eldricth disciple);

Vanetias

Quote from: sicko on October 10, 2014, 01:06:52 PM
To elaborate homebrew can cause all sorts of problems. It's often unbalanced, poorly written, unclear on some things, unflavorful, and needlessly complex. It becomes a hassle for the DM who then has to read through the class, judge whether or not it's balanced, and then keep a close eye on things in case it starts falling apart in game. Not to mention that they're generally meant for more advanced players and thus harder to play.

But I mostly just made this post to say that I'm still ready to play even if I haven't been posting.

I see. Guess I'll stick to the original classes if so be it then.

I'll pick as a Ranger for my character's class then. To be sure of any stats issues, what is the most important stat for a ranger?

Zaer Darkwail

Depends what sort ranger you do; archer or dual wielder. If you dual wield weapons, strength is more important as you get two-weapon fighting and such related feats without needing having high Dex score. Where as archer needs high dex for ranged attacks and feats associated with it (but strength is good secondary as it allows use composite bows and do more dmg).

Wisdom for spellcasting and Con for HP. Then Int 10 so no nerf on skill point gain which is decent.

Vanetias

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 10, 2014, 10:08:56 PM
Depends what sort ranger you do; archer or dual wielder. If you dual wield weapons, strength is more important as you get two-weapon fighting and such related feats without needing having high Dex score. Where as archer needs high dex for ranged attacks and feats associated with it (but strength is good secondary as it allows use composite bows and do more dmg).

Wisdom for spellcasting and Con for HP. Then Int 10 so no nerf on skill point gain which is decent.

Anything else about the ranger class that I would need to know?

bokotousamurai

I'm the coolest nerd there is, and I don't care that that isn't an accomplishment.

AEvum

Quote from: Vanetias on October 10, 2014, 10:14:52 PM
Anything else about the ranger class that I would need to know?
This might help http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4621

You shouldn't need to worry about being super optimized though; I'm guessing this is more about the sexy than the challenge. Really over optimizing is sometimes seen as bad because it can make one party member too powerful but since this your first time as far as I can tell that shouldn't happen.

You might want to pick up a healing spell if you can; I just noticed my character (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1026778) lacks any healing capability despite being a wizard. We might have a cleric join though which would be our dedicated healer most likely.

Vanetias

Quote from: sicko on October 10, 2014, 10:28:17 PM
This might help http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4621

You shouldn't need to worry about being super optimized though; I'm guessing this is more about the sexy than the challenge. Really over optimizing is sometimes seen as bad because it can make one party member too powerful but since this your first time as far as I can tell that shouldn't happen.

You might want to pick up a healing spell if you can; I just noticed my character (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1026778) lacks any healing capability despite being a wizard. We might have a cleric join though which would be our dedicated healer most likely.

Got it. Thanks for the help.

And one more question before I edit my sheet, would this involve my character going NC or not?(As I usually dont do NC myself.)

AEvum

Quote from: Vanetias on October 10, 2014, 10:36:58 PM
Got it. Thanks for the help.

And one more question before I edit my sheet, would this involve my character going NC or not?(As I usually dont do NC myself.)
Yes.

QuoteWitches: Witches, and their familiars, mostly prey upon the lusts of their victims. Magical girls can expect to be assaulted both physically and sexually during their fights.

Vanetias

Is that so? Is it possible to have someone take over for the NC scenes then?

AEvum

Most likely not since they're part of the combat. If makes any difference I think the players are the ones who will be the victims rather than the players assaulting others. Can't say for sure though; we'll have to see what the DM has to say.

SmilingFox

To clarify, this game will feature a large amount of NC scenes, mostly involving combat. Your characters won't usually be on the giving end, either. If this bothers you, I ask you bow out now, as this game won't exactly be for the faint of heart. If there's anything in particular about tentacles or related to tentacles that bothers you, please inform me and I'll try to make sure it doesn't show up.

Otherwise, it seems like our five players are Zael, Ershin, Killer, Ala and Sicko. If you're all ready with your characters, I'll set up and OOC and IC thread for us to get this on the road.

Vanetias

I think I may need to bow out now, NC isn't my thing at all... But thanks for the info of this game(and also the idea behind it. ;-))

Killer Robot

Emiko rebuilt, a lot more carefully this time.   I welcome suggestions.

Sheet Image:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

AEvum

See ya Vanetias.

Yeah I'm at least ready whenever.

QuoteEmiko rebuilt, a lot more carefully this time.   I welcome suggestions.
Eh my spell focus is also enchantment. I'm not sure if that'll be overkill on one area or not. I'm guessing most of our enemies will be human-like so it should work though.

Killer Robot

Mmn.  Beguiler's are rather tight on what they do - you seem more offensive based, Emiko's more into wearing them down and screwing with their heads.   If anything, gives us good synergy.

AEvum

Alright. I've never seen a Beguiler in play so I wouldn't know. It might be interesting to see the relationship play out.