Monster Hearts (Interest Check)

Started by Crash, February 15, 2017, 09:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

I am tossing around the idea of a Monster Hearts game.  The premise of which is a really bad-good CW supernatural drama with all of the over the top angsty melodrama that we all love/hate.  This game will be sexy and campy.  For the antagonist I would like to do something different.  Vampires, werewolves and witches have all been done.  What classic movie monster that is not normally sexy would you like to see made into the sexy metaplot of this show?  Sexy Mummy?  Sexy Swamp/Sea monster? Sexy <Insert Monster Here>?

If an overly dramatic CW-esque Monster Hearts game sounds interesting let me know!

All playbooks from the main game would be available for players.

Monster Hearts Playbooks

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

wigglebiscuit

I vote for Sexy Arachnid.
I could also be persuaded by Sexy Tentacle Thingy.

Crash

Quote from: wigglebiscuit on February 15, 2017, 09:23:11 PM
I vote for Sexy Arachnid.
I could also be persuaded by Sexy Tentacle Thingy.

Thanks for voting Wiggle!

Sexy Tentacle Thingy could easily be Sexy Swamp/Sea Monster.  Maybe a take on Sirens?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

wigglebiscuit

Quote from: Crash on February 15, 2017, 09:28:51 PM
Thanks for voting Wiggle!

Sexy Tentacle Thingy could easily be Sexy Swamp/Sea Monster.  Maybe a take on Sirens?
Maybe the sirens are the Bosses? Maybe, since we're being a bit campy, the tentacle thingies are Oracles: if you wanna learn cosmic truth, you gotta go for a ride....

Crash

Quote from: wigglebiscuit on February 15, 2017, 10:44:30 PM
Maybe the sirens are the Bosses? Maybe, since we're being a bit campy, the tentacle thingies are Oracles: if you wanna learn cosmic truth, you gotta go for a ride....

Definitely a possibility.

wander

If I can dig out my copy, I'd be up for some Monsterhearts. :)

I'd play The Ghost most preferably. ^^

Oh and for villian, tentacles do sound awesome... Hows about the sexy Manticore from the Monstergirl Encyclopedia?

Crash

I will be using real world actors and actresses as opposed to anime but mythical creatures for an antagonist are certainly an option.

I added the playbooks to the first post.

Sephora

OMG!!

I love this game! I'm playing it with a group later today actually. <3

I'm in--maybe as the queen or the infernal?

Crash

Great!  Hopefully we will have some more interest and I will start coming up with a location which will be somewhat dependent on the overall antagonist.

Please vote in the poll!

Cold Heritage

I voted for sexy swamp monster. Maybe we could do Miami? There's swamps there.

I'd like to throw in as the Ghoul.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Pink Kitten

Oh my! I've never heard of this game before, but I've been reading up on it for the last hour or so and it sounds awesome! I'd love to join!

I'm contemplating between the Chosen, the Mortal and the Fae for my character - all sound really fun and interesting in their own ways (and totally different, too). I need to think about what sings to me the most...

Also, I'm all in for a Sexy Tentacle Thingy. I voted for a Swamp Monster, but a seaside setting might actually be more pleasant - although maybe that's actually an argument *against* it!

Wraith

Tentative interest. Never played Monster Hearts before. I voted Sexy Mummies, because Mummies are sexy.

I would want to play the Witch, if possible.
Surreal's sweet obsession <3

Wraith's Disappearance Act (A/As)

Crash

Glad to see the additional interest. We have a pretty even spread among the possible antagonists which is interesting.

caelcormac

I've been wanting to give this a spin. The Queen, the Werewolf, and the Ghoul all look like fun.

I voted for mummies because of this: http://oglaf.com/yummymummies/

Crash

So we have Sexy Mummies in the lead followed closely by Sexy Swamp Monster.

I was originally thinking of a New England coastal town, but now I am thinking more of a Louisiana Bayou type town that could incorporate Mummies and Swamp Monsters maybe even Sexy Sea Monsters too.  Not sure how I will pull that one off but yeah...I am sure we can come up with something together.

Crash

It looks like we have interest in a Monsterhearts game, so I will work out all of the details and post an official seeking players thread when ready.

Cold Heritage

I don't want to be out of line, but I'd really enjoy it if the game is not set in New Orleans.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Crash

I would go with a much smaller town and throw a made up college in it.