[Interest Check] 'School for the Gifted'

Started by ManyMindsManyVoices, April 26, 2011, 03:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I'm considering running a Mutants and Masterminds 3e game. The game will be low-end power level (with different power levels per character depending on concept). The game will take place in a school for 'gifted' entities, generally young humans who have begun to develop abilities. This school will not be a friendly place, like the Xavier Institute, but more like a prison, where the students are treated like potential threats."

"It would help to have an SRD or something similar for the system. More than that, if anyone knows where to find some online character sheets, or has an idea of how to post and maintain character sheets in a uniform and easily readable manner, it would be much appreciated. It would also help to have a player who is experienced with the system."

"It will take me some time to set up the game, and it won't work well without a decent amount of interest. When I am sure I can run the game, I will set up a proper recruiting thread, but for now, I just need to know how many people want to play, and how easy it will be to run. I have played in quite a few games that have died and each one has taught me a little bit about how best to organize and run these games, so bear with my a bit, and I will try to create something fun and interesting."

EDIT: "Read my post further down on this page."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Pyrkinas

Cold Heritage

I'd be willing to give it a whirl, if you don't mind giving me a hand with that chart they've got to figure out time, distance, etc.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Tydorei

fallensaviour

LiliPep

For my O/o's check out My Roleplay Preferences link below my Avatar.

bigwad73

I'd be interested, though I have absolutely no experience with the system.  Is there a quickstart ruleset you could point me to?  (and yes, I'll look too.  :)  )
Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I don't have the resources to make this happen without putting more time into it than I have. If you guys are still interested in possibly doing it freeform (not my preference, but I might give it a go). Anyway, if you guys are interested, let me know, and I'll PM you if I decide to go that route."

Wolfy

bubby

I'd be interested if it's freeform as well.

minerva7790

*agrees with Wolfy and bubby* I think Freeform would be great.
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Angel Fire

I can do this freeform too.  I already have the general idea of a character in mind here so if you are willing to go that way, I'll definitely be interested!
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Junkyo

I'd be interested in it even if it's freeform.

kckolbe

I like the twist on the student environment.  Let me know what happens, but don't push yourself to run this if it is too much work.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

LiliPep

I can deal with freeform. Might be interesting. Only time will tell.
For my O/o's check out My Roleplay Preferences link below my Avatar.

Foxy DeVille

I'd like to hop on then if it's freeform now.

Cold Heritage

I guess I'd still give it a go even if it's freeform.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Wow, I didn't expect this kind of response in the end... Okay, I'm willing to put this game out there, and help keep it regulated. I won't have an overarching story ready anytime soon, but I will give the gist of the setting and the 'rules' for character creation. I'll go ahead and post the first draft of things, and then people can tell me what they think about moving forward."

"Okay, so first things first, we need a little mood music:"

My Chemical Romance "Teenagers"

"So this is the song that sparked the original idea I once ran with my friends a few years back. The updated idea is about a world that is in a 'superhero'-like setting, where a 'School for the Gifted' has been created to 'protect and teach' children who are 'unique'. The game will need students and teachers, more of the former than the latter. The biggest thing about the school, is that it's more of a prison than a school, and it's not a friendly place."

"The teachers carry tranquilizers, tasers, and shotguns filled with rock salt (kids who are prone to causing trouble are affectionately called 'salt miners'), and most of them either have powers themselves, or are trained in military-level self defense. The students learn things like math, science, history, as well as being taught to control and hone their abilities. Some teachers are known to be particularly cruel, however, and really aren't there to teach, they just want to make sure the children are punished."

"The students have spent most of their lives in normal schools, and most of the students are at least 16 (all characters involved in the adult portion of things must be, as per site rules), but there are a few younger kids, and none of them are older than 19 or 20. There are a few former students that remain at the school as 'enforcers' of a sort."

"Okay, now for the rules portion of the game."

"Players can have more than one character, after they've spent time establishing a character and have earned my trust. Players I have played with in the past (so far Pyrkinas and Zhu Que) will be allowed to ignore this 'probationary' period. I will be heavily scrutinizing people who want to play teachers, and students should be moderately powered, those with high levels of power will be treated as hostile and should have some major weakness. I will discuss this on a character by character basis."

"The game will fall under NC. Personally, I find that sometimes Elliquiy is just nice because one does not have to 'hold back' when RPing, it isn't necessarily all about sexual RP. I'd like to have players note whether or not they prefer not to get into sexual situations (possibly because the character is under 16), would prefer to 'fade to black', or are fully interested in sexual situations."

"I would like someone to help me put together a game profile with formatting, so if anyone's interested in the job, let me know. If I see a good amount of interest still, I'll post an actual recruitment thread and link you all to it and we can get started."

Zhu Que

"I dunno why I didn't say this when you posted it, Dragon... maybe because you know I'm game whenever... Its so fun to post to your thread while I'm sitting next to you." ^_^

Waves at all else who are interested in the game. "I can't wait... but that's just because I am me." ^_^

Bloody Rose

I am in, so yea I would be happy to rp with you all if you have me.

Pyrkinas

Lot of interest now. I've got a few character ideas in mind, teacher or student.

Zhu Que

"Dragon... Since I have little life that does not pertain to internet or games, I have been working on some stuff to help out with the game setup... If you'd like to look, let me know... I've got a pretty good idea for character sheets that will cover the 'sexual interest' as well as the powers and sorts... May be nothing orgasm-ly awesome (Damnit, that Ark loving weirdo messed up my brain)... but at least it's something."

Sighs and glances at Pyrk. "We should make sure to work together on at least one set of characters, either teachers or students, since we always work well together... I do have TONS of ideas building, but I think we come up with good characters when working together." Nods wisely.

Gets back to point. "Right.. Wells... I has been doin mah studyin... Dragon, you know I've always been better at organizing stuff like this than making great characters, so if you ever need help, let me know."

Pyrkinas

Quote from: Zhu Que on May 09, 2011, 02:01:29 AM
Sighs and glances at Pyrk. "We should make sure to work together on at least one set of characters, either teachers or students, since we always work well together... I do have TONS of ideas building, but I think we come up with good characters when working together." Nods wisely.

I'm for that.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Zhu Que on May 09, 2011, 02:01:29 AM
  "Dragon... Since I have little life that does not pertain to internet or games, I have been working on some stuff to help out with the game setup... If you'd like to look, let me know... I've got a pretty good idea for character sheets that will cover the 'sexual interest' as well as the powers and sorts... May be nothing orgasm-ly awesome (Damnit, that Ark loving weirdo messed up my brain)... but at least it's something."

Gets back to point. "Right.. Wells... I has been doin mah studyin... Dragon, you know I've always been better at organizing stuff like this than making great characters, so if you ever need help, let me know."

"Send the character sheet my way, you know I'm picky, but go ahead and I'll tell you if I want it shuffled around or something."

ManyMindsManyVoices

<Name> <Player Name>
Sexual Orientation:

Powers:

Weaknesses:

Bio:

Personality:
Description: <and/or Picture>

OOC Sexual Preferences: (Type information here about how you prefer to go about scenes, do you want longer, detailed scenes? Do you want short, simple scenes? Do you prefer to 'fade-to-black' or only play out scenes that are 'important' <first time, major turning point, etc.>? Or do you prefer to avoid adult content in general. Each character may be different so fill this out for every character.)

OOC Notes: (Any other notes you might wish to let people know about your playing style, if there's nothing, just ignore this section)

"There's the basic character sheet template, I'll post an actual recruiting thread in a bit, but anyone interested can PM ideas to me."