A War for the Modern Age (Fate Stay/Night Game) (Interest Check)

Started by Tokyorose627, October 02, 2018, 11:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokyorose627

Note: Having prior knowledge on the Fate series will make these details easier to understand, however if you do not understand certain elements or need help, feel free to ask a Mod or look online amongst the many sources for answers.

Unlike the stories of books and movies, the existence of magicks, of all kinds, has always existed. Unknown to those who believe not, families have been tangled within the roots of magicks since the earliest days of speaking and writing, with the likes of Kings and Monarchs holding the greatest sources, while the masses had their on ability to rely on, along with the materials they had available. Centuries over centuries, magicks have been used for every day life, but then came a time, a day in age where selfish individuals began to use their power for their own needs. By gathering items of deceased soldiers, of healers, of magic users, they could be brought back. To fuel a never-ending war, mages began to bring back the dead, of heroic warriors and malicious villains to fuel the fire of war, to help bring about a famed treasure that could be obtained.

It was then, that the first ever Holy Grail was commenced; a fight to bring forth the item of legend that was said to grant any wish the user would want. No winner was chosen in the last war, and in a bright light, the Grail disappeared, forgotten.

Now in modern day Japan, the stirrings of magicks are once again in the air, but in the distance, the stirrings of a sinister force are coming forth, to bring about the desires and wants of desperate mages.

No...it’s the war; it calls back, for a victory, for a champion.

--------------

This game would be a Freeform Modern/Fantasy type setting, with elements of magic and sorcery added into the mix.

Since I am basing this off of the Fate anime series, the RP will include elements of the show. Such as an example, each player will be allowed to call forth their own hero to partner with them to help either fight, or help instigate, the war.

NOTE: When a player joins, they must make BOTH a Master and a Servant, so that spots can be filled so that all may be able to participate. Waiting to have, like, 14 players is too much of a hassle you know?

Summoning:

How this will work is a Magic User can summon any type of hero, or villain, if they have the right incantation, and the item of said individual. If you wish to summon someone like King Arthur, then you would need to have some piece of him, or something that would mention him; anything from a piece of armor, to a book, or scroll. Vice versa with any sort of fairy-tale being, and the like. You must have some of person that you wish to summon as a partner, or your summoning would end up with someone random.

Once summoned, the Magic user, and the summoned individual, will form a contract, that no matter what, they will fight, and work together, until either of them perish from the world from any means, or their contract is severed. However, doing this means imminent death for the servant, as being bound to a Master keeps them within the physical world.

Masters:

Masters are the individuals that summon their partners to help aid in the war, yet they cannot simply be any normal person. They have to have some amount of magic potential, no matter how large or small. From experienced Wizards from generations of history, to a first time user that's trying to get their feet wet, only people with magic potential can summon, and of course, use magic to help aid in the fight.

As well, since this is in the modern age, these individuals can be anyone; a classmate, a lawyer, a wealthy individual within the corporate world; it all depends on what you come up with as a player.

Rules:

More will be added.

1. If there is any issues regarding a particular player or a scene where people cannot seem to agree, PM me and I will handle it. I want everyone to have fun, and fights and disagreements can easily be solved, to an extent.

2. You will give each and every person that same respect that you wish to be treated as. No harsh words regarding people, or making fun of others for something that they said or did in game. If you aren’t going to respect others, then you can’t be in this game.

3. Since this is an anime game, I want people to use anime pics for their character! I’m a bit of a stickler for continuity, and since we are basing this off of an anime, I would like everyone to use an anime pic. RL pics in an anime game just don’t do well for me because it takes the whole experience out when you see an RL pic mixed together with anime pics. If you need help ask others, or myself even, but this is something that I have to stress because I can never really seem to get my head wrapped around it. If you ABSOLUTELY can’t find anything, then we can come to an agreement, but for now, please use anime pics.

4. Grammar, this is a big thing for me as well! Grammar is something that is super important to me because if it’s bad, it can take RPers out of an experience by seeing grammatical errors, or run on sentences that don’t seem to have an end. Please make sure to check your grammar in posts, and if you need help, feel free to ask myself or others.

5. No god-modding. I can’t stress this enough but if you have a plan for a character or wish to do a certain scene and you control another persons character without asking, it’s gonna be bad news. You have to ask permission from th either user before you can perform any such actions that would involve two characters for a plan. As well, no automatically landing hits or attacks, simply because you need to give the other user the chance to react to your post and what has happened in said post. It wouldn’t be fair if someone were to control your character in game right when you had a reaction planned, now would it?
—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�

Class List

(Note: Only one per class is allowed.)

Saber:

Archer:

Lancer:

Caster:

Assassin:

Berserker:

Rider:

—�—�—�—�—�—�—�

Please PM all Master and Servant Applications

Master Application

[float=left][img height=300][/img][/float]

Name(s): Names, Nicknames, Titles

Nationality: Where are they from?

Personality: What are they like?

Appearance: This is what your character looks like exactly, unless stated otherwise.

Casual clothes: What do they wear when they got out normally?

Objective for the War: Do they simply want to save others, or spread chaos? Do they have their own agenda for the war?

Knowledge of the War: Are they new to the war? Have they heard of it?

Biography: Character wise, what have they done in their life leading up to this point?

Quality of Magic Circuits: These area pseudo nervous system within a magic users body; the magic circuits are what help a magic user use their magic. Depending on magic knowledge, what is your rank? Are you a Novice? Intermediate?

Tank: A-E. How much mana you can store. Rank A are the highest, E is the lowest.

Command Seals: These are seals that allow you to give a command to your partner; whatever you wish, they will follow with it. Remember, you have to give specific instruction, no vague words. What does the seal look like? Where is it located on your body?

Magecraft: What magic does your character know? Elemental magic, witchcraft, etc.

Mystic Codes: A tool that a magus uses to store their spells and magical knowledge into as a second source. Can be a weapon, or something with limited uses, like jewels or marbles.

Magic Crest: Much like a book of spells, a Magic Crest is a container that keeps all the knowledge of magic spells and other information for a Master. They can be a simple book, or they can be engrained into a Masters own body, such as along their arm or leg.

Non-Magecraft Related Skills:

Fluff: Skills that don't affect the RP. Cooking, cleaning, can do handstands.

Utility: Mechanical skills like construction, disassembling a gun, modifying a car (Limit of 3)

Combat: Fighting skills marksmanship, hand to hand, karate (Limit to three, up to three need consistent background information)

Extra: Anything you would like us to know about them?

What are you looking for in a Servant?: what kind of Servant are you hoping for? A Male Saber, or a female Caster? Someone specific for Canon or someone completely new?

Servant Application

[float=left][img height=300][/img][/float]

Name:

Title: What were they called in their past life?

Class: Saber, Archer, Lancer, Rider, Assassin, Caster, Berserker

Birth and Death Dates: Approximate if there isn't a definitive one.

Personality: Feel free to fill in as you like

Appearance: This is what your character looks like; describe armor if they wear any. Unless stated, pictures will be what your character looks like, exactly.

Casual clothes: What do they wear in plain sight, when not in battle?

Weapon: What do they use to fight?

Class Skills: What skills does your character have? Can they sword fight? Can they use high ranking magical abilities?

Bio: Heroic Spirit's biography. If you're too lazy to write one use Wikipedia or another website for this, but this is your Servant's legend.

Personal Skills: Certain abilities a Heroic Spirit may have, such as Charisma, Artistic
Talent, etc. Keep close to the legend. Three maximum.

Miracle Title: (This ability is used when a Servant and their Master are fully linked, connected to one another by mana at full power. With a burst of mana from the Master, the servant has a ultimate ability that they can use only once. Depending on the Masters Prana Tank, the Miracle can be weak or strong, no matter its effects. After however, the Master will have minimal amounts of mana, and will be in a weakened state.)

Type of Miracle: Healing? Attacking? Defensive?

Description: What does it do?

—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�

Other Links

stormwyrm

I'm interested. Will you be wanting seven Masters and Servants all run by players? That's kinda a lot though...
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

Tokyorose627

Quote from: stormwyrm on October 03, 2018, 12:15:23 AM
I'm interested. Will you be wanting seven Masters and Servants all run by players? That's kinda a lot though...

It’s simply an Interest Check so if it doesn’t work out then it doesn’t. I’ve seen games that have had bigger casts of characters before all run by players, it’s simlpy to test the waters and see who’s interested or not. I may shorten the roster to 5 players if need be, but hen everyone would need to have two characters, one Master and one Servant, and I’m not sure players would want that responsibility either.

All in good time, we’ll see how it goes.

Solaire

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Solaire on October 03, 2018, 06:54:10 PM
Yeah, I'd be interested. A +1 from me.

Awesome! Thank you! Feel free to let any friends or other people that you know about it if they would be interested! :D

akirakaneda

Tokyorose627

Quote from: akirakaneda on October 03, 2018, 09:50:39 PM
Expressing my interest to rp as a master

Thank you for the interest! Feel free to let any of your friends know about the game! :D

Ieatcookies

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Ieatcookies on October 07, 2018, 03:07:29 PM
Interested!

Awesome, thanks! :D

So far so good with interest; depending on the amount we get, I may make some tweaks to how many people we’d need if people would want that more then the original seven slots.

MelisaArtemis

* MelisaArtemis throws in interest

call dibs on "Caster" :3

PS: I might gonna ask someone I know to play as my character's Master if he's interested... ;) otherwise, I'm afraid my master gonna have to be Female XD
PSS: Speaking of the premise, does the game timeline would have connection with the canon? Like... 40 years after the canon? or is it a unique, alternate timeline with no connection to the canon whatsoever?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on October 08, 2018, 10:12:40 PM
* MelisaArtemis throws in interest

call dibs on "Caster" :3

PS: I might gonna ask someone I know to play as my character's Master if he's interested... ;) otherwise, I'm afraid my master gonna have to be Female XD
PSS: Speaking of the premise, does the game timeline would have connection with the canon? Like... 40 years after the canon? or is it a unique, alternate timeline with no connection to the canon whatsoever?

I’m not quite sure yet regarding canon just yet. I’m either leaning towards it being a separate Grail War but connections and mentions could be made to canons, or maybe our characters and what not would be the replacements for the fourth Holy Grail War in Fuyuki. It really all depends in interest and what not. :)

Awesome! Feel free to let them know to come on down if they want! I’m  planning towards one Servant per class, so depends on how much interest we have and how many characters people are willing to play. :)

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on October 08, 2018, 10:38:55 PM
I’m not quite sure yet regarding canon just yet. I’m either leaning towards it being a separate Grail War but connections and mentions could be made to canons, or maybe our characters and what not would be the replacements for the fourth Holy Grail War in Fuyuki. It really all depends in interest and what not. :)

Awesome! Feel free to let them know to come on down if they want! I’m  planning towards one Servant per class, so depends on how much interest we have and how many characters people are willing to play. :)

I think 8 - 14 characters as masters and servants are already plenty enough... too many players tend to cause the game to stall easily....

Ieatcookies

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Ieatcookies on October 09, 2018, 04:10:17 AM
Will there be canon characters as well or only OC?

I have no problems with the idea of canon servants. If people wish to have the character of Arturia Saber or Cu Lancer for example, I’m all for it! In the case of Canon Masters however, that’s a bit more tricky. Depending on the timeline, which I’m thinking would be modern like Fuyuki and the fourth Grail War, we could do that, yeah. It just all depends if people want to play those characters or not. As well, just because you play a canon Master from Unlimited Blade Works does not mean that you would get their servant, for example. Other people would be making servants, so once we’d figure up the Masters portion, Servant creation would be next, and we can see from there what ideas people would want.

So, no I don’t have any problem with it, just feel free to let me know first before anyone does so I can make sure it’s ok! :D

Ieatcookies

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Ieatcookies on October 09, 2018, 10:46:28 AM
I call dibs on Assassin (Semiramis) in that case!

Ooh Semiramis, nice choice!

I would like to make a point regarding characters for everyone; nothing major, just that I would like to keep a ratio of genders so it’s nit all flooded with one and we get some variety you know? :)

So I’d say a good amount would be, for every 3 Females, 2 Males would be good!

And also, others feel free that have showed interest to begin making their Masters for me to look at! When you are finished, please PM them to me so I can take a look at them! At the end of your character sheets for Masters, please write down if you are looking for anything in particular in a Servant; for example, “I would like a Female Caster!”, or “I’d like if someone could play Cu Chuulain Lancer!”

That’s how we all get an idea of what people would like, when we get started with Servants. :D

VonDoom

I'm interested and hoping to revive some very old character concepts here. If attached to a Fate-based setting, I'd be interested in playing a traditional yet strange Master/Servant pair, or just the Master if we're trying to get either all roles filled or to match the pairs between players -- a Saber servant and an Einzbern clone coined from another source than the usual fare, specifically Jubstacheit, with the mission to secure real immortality for his wizened human base, with some built-in conflict between hiding the fact that he's aware that he was built with a very limited lifespan and is possessed with the same attachment to continued existence as his base, a loyalty to his clan and a desire to distinguish himself as an individual of his own. I'd be happy to make nerfs as necessary to the mix of homunculus-body specs and ancient master knowledge to make it playable if we're shooting for lower end masters. Not sure if I should mention who his Saber servant was/is here.  ;D

If there's no connection, I have another pair concept for a female Master who uses Thelema and was a peer of Aleister Crowley floating around who used to be a brothel madame and grotesquerie-running entertainer back in the days, and an Archer (or possibly Caster) servant based primarily on Native American lore to go with her.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Tokyorose627

Quote from: VonDoom on October 09, 2018, 11:00:21 AM
I'm interested and hoping to revive some very old character concepts here. If attached to a Fate-based setting, I'd be interested in playing a traditional yet strange Master/Servant pair, or just the Master if we're trying to get either all roles filled or to match the pairs between players -- a Saber servant and an Einzbern clone coined from another source than the usual fare, specifically Jubstacheit, with the mission to secure real immortality for his wizened human base, with some built-in conflict between hiding the fact that he's aware that he was built with a very limited lifespan and is possessed with the same attachment to continued existence as his base, a loyalty to his clan and a desire to distinguish himself as an individual of his own. I'd be happy to make nerfs as necessary to the mix of homunculus-body specs and ancient master knowledge to make it playable if we're shooting for lower end masters. Not sure if I should mention who his Saber servant was/is here.  ;D

If there's no connection, I have another pair concept for a female Master who uses Thelema and was a peer of Aleister Crowley floating around who used to be a brothel madame and grotesquerie-running entertainer back in the days, and an Archer (or possibly Caster) servant based primarily on Native American lore to go with her.

I like you enthusiasm VonDoom! However, your ideas a very specific for the game, and as we are getting into the stages of making Masters first, I don’t know how using your ideas could help you. You seem to have a very specific idea of what you want or wish Tom use for, an old idea you’ve had in the works, and that’s cool with me, however I would like to point out that you can’t get your hopes up in response to finding the Servant that you want. When everyone’s Master sheets are in place, they’ll have a blurb at the bottom of what they would be looking for in a Servant

I.e.: “I’d like a Male Assassin is possible!” Or something like that, so everyone knows what the other player is looking for, and can make Servants depending on if someone has an idea they like, or by simply making their own Servant and partnering up with someone that could potentially want those characters. I’m cool with the Homonculus idea, however regarding a pairing with a Saber is all up to how players work and make their own Masters and Servants, just warning you. :)

As for your other idea regarding the connection with Crowley, I’m ok with that too, but once again, your super specific with what Servant you want, even in regards to their lore, so it will depend on what other players want to make.

Also, I must make sure that everyone understands for the game; You will be making both a Master and a Servant. Your characters will not be paired with each other, but will be partnered with other players’ Master and Servants that seem like good pairs for your characters! Waiting for 7 other people to be servants would take too long anyways. :p

VonDoom

Oh, no, sorry if that seemed very specific -- I'm happy to deviate. I just wasn't sure if you had settled on how to approach things yet, since getting full sets of Masters and Servants all with different players requires numbers that most games ... well, don't usually reach. So I figured I might as well mention it in case each player ends up portraying their own pair. I'll admit, it's been awhile since I read the opening, just hadn't gotten to posting before, so I might have misremembered. If there was a definite statement on what the setup will be, sorry about the confusion!

O&O

Tokyorose627

Quote from: VonDoom on October 09, 2018, 11:25:00 AM
Oh, no, sorry if that seemed very specific -- I'm happy to deviate. I just wasn't sure if you had settled on how to approach things yet, since getting full sets of Masters and Servants all with different players requires numbers that most games ... well, don't usually reach. So I figured I might as well mention it in case each player ends up portraying their own pair. I'll admit, it's been awhile since I read the opening, just hadn't gotten to posting before, so I might have misremembered. If there was a definite statement on what the setup will be, sorry about the confusion!

Well, I had put in the rules of this game that how I intended it to go would be that each player would make a Master and a Servant. From there, players would choose from the pool of characters to match their Masters and Servants with! That’s why I’m having others make Masters first with a blurb at the end of what they would be looking for hopefully for a Servant, so that others can either simply create what they want, p talk and partner with others to create a Servant that they would enjoy being paired up with! :D

MelisaArtemis

Sent my character to your PM. I assume we're sending the sheets to your PM? Don't want the others to know their identities afterall, especially the servants

Tokyorose627

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on October 09, 2018, 11:53:29 AM
Sent my character to your PM. I assume we're sending the sheets to your PM? Don't want the others to know their identities afterall, especially the servants

Yes PM them to me. I put that down in a reply earlier on here, but no worries. :)

Tokyorose627

Here’s my Master for anyone who wants an example of what it should look like. Feel free to ask any questions if anyone gets stumped with making their characters. :)

Name(s): Hana Saijyou

Height: 163cm

Weight: 53kg

Nationality: Japanese

Personality: Hana is a girl that may look frail and soft, but is a force to be reconvened with within the Mage community. Having been shunned by her father from participating in the Holy Grail War, she has learned that in order to get what you want in life, you had to show your worth, and earn it outright. She’s determined, a woman without conviction that her skills are subpar. She knows who she is, and anyone that tells her others wise is someone she would easily argue with. Despite her strong willed personality, she can be soft towards others, more noticeably towards people that are close to her. Friendliness is something that she’s known by behind closed doors, and has been known by others to be a tough individual on the outside, but secretly a kind and gentle person when not under scrutinizing eyes. She’s been wary of people her age becoming to chummy with her so easily, rumors spreading of her strange and ‘unnatural’ affinity to disastrous events, leaving her family Temple with barely a handful of dedicated visitors.

Appearance: With short cherry blossom colored hair, and emerald colored eyes, Hana Saijyou has been known to be called the “mysterious beauty” by some of her classmates at University. With porcelain white skin, and no blemishes across her skin or face, she stands at around 5’4, with a mature aura that surrounds her. One thing that distinguishes her appearance to others would be the small diamond shaped jewel that she wears along her forehead; studying chakras and the connection they could have to magic circuits, it symbolizes the point of wisdom.

Casual clothes: Hana usually wears simple clothes like shirts and jeans, but can be seen sporting a red coat in especially cold nights.

Red Coat

Objective for the War: Wants to win the Holy Grail for her Family Name

Knowledge of the War: Knowledge of the War has been ingrained in her since she was a child.

Biography: The Saijyou Mage Family have been around for countless generations, becoming a staple name in the workings of Magecraft, and in the dedication to winning and achieving the Holy Grail. All in the name of honor and glory, the family had tried for countless generations to participate, however with not enough Masters, the Grail Wars had been rejected, and none could come to fruition as a whole. Growing up, Hana knew this mindset from birth, however she wondered why the Grail had always been such an important object to her family. Being known as something that could grant wishes, she wasn’t one to ever wish for anything. Learning Magecraft as a young girl, she could have nothing more then the skills she had and was learning, she was content with what her family taught, despite their beliefs in the Grail War returning, year after year.

It wasn’t until she was much older, around the age of 9, that she spoke to her father about participating, honing her skills to be their participant for the next war. Despite her eagerness and skills that she had possessed at an early age, her father rejected her placement, and instead gave it to her older brother Sakuya; being a tradition since their family roots, the eldest male Mage had always been the one to learn the more advanced Magecraft, and be the participant in the Holy Grail War. Hana didn’t lose hope however, despite this setback by her father, she continued to learn Magecraft in her own time, honing her mana control and skills to create jewel craft to be used as one time use mystic codes. She was determined to show her father the worth she held as a Mage, and no matter the cost, she would show her entire family that she was capable enough to win the war.

It was two years later, however, that tragedy struck.

Her brother and father had left for a trip to meet with other Mage’s regarding the next Grail War, leaving Hana to look after the Family Shrine and home while they were away. News spread however of a disaster at the meet up, with fights breaking out over who would have which Servant, a truce having been made long ago now broken by greed. Her father and brother had fought valiantly, but to no avail despite their efforts, and they succumbed to their wounds.

Left with the devastation of her father and brothers demise, Hana knew that the Grail War was something much more serious then could ever be imagined. Taking shelter within the family shrine and home, Hana practiced Mage craft on her own, now with no teacher left, and no family to look after her. Years passed and she became more independent over her life, getting an education while attending University, all while she listens for news from the Mage’s Association regarding the next War.

Quality of Magic Circuits: B

Prana Tank: B

Command Seals: Located along the front of her right hand.

Magecraft: Jewel Magecraft, the use of filling smaller jewels with mana in order to use them for attacking, or defensive spells. Offensive magic can also be stored within them.

Mystic Codes: Jewels kept over the generation of the Saijyou Family.

Magic Crest: Along her back.

Non-Magecraft Related Skills: Agility from track and field has kept her in peak condition in regards to amounts of stamina used.

Fluff: Cooking and Gardening have become a task that she’s all too familiar with due to keeping the grounds of her homes Temple clean.

Utility: N/A

Combat: Hand to hand combat is something that Hana knows, but more in line towards self defense. Her stamina helps keep her agile when it comes to being attacked or chased, but she can only run as fast and as fast as any normal human can, at least without the help of her Magic Crest.

Extra: Hana loves the smell of fresh flowers, usually picking a small group to hold in a vase inside her home each day.

What are you looking for in a Servant?: I’m hoping someone could play either Cu Lancer, or for the fun of it, Male Arthur Pendragon, cause he doesn’t get enough love. lol

VonDoom

Welp, looks like I'm in if I understood the response to my PM correctly! This is my Master character -- a bit on the high end of things for Mage standards, but I'm happy to discuss it with anyone if there are concerns.

Name(s): Octavian von Einzbern / Jubstacheit

Nationality: Japanese, legally. His base was originally of German Nationality.

Personality:
Jubstacheit is a cunning, willful man capable of great cruelty to achieve his desires - and thus, so is Octavian. He has inherited the personality template of his base along with his memories, but the added knowledge that he is a recently created homunculus and has been created for a purpose had its effects. And more so, the realization that his lifespan is highly limited, which caused the same desire for survival to flare in him that has ruled Jubstacheit for centuries, along with a deep and intense loathing for his creator.

He has since spent the time he didn't devote to preparation for the Grail War trying to find ways to distinguish himself -- Acht is a blunt man of power, who will not compromise unless forced to. Thus, Octavian tries to actively fight the ingrained stubbornness laid upon him and maintain an open mind, seek out unconventional approaches despite his first instinct screaming to go for tried and true methods. Use modern technology, despite his utter lack of affinity for it.

This places him as an odd highly anachronistic man, trying to keep up with the times in order to prove a point to himself.

He carries himself with poise and elegance -- sometimes the intensity of his base comes through, but usually he conducts himself with gentleman-like congeniality; a man of wealth and taste who maintains a reasonable attitude and can be relied upon to keep his word if he gives it.

That is who he pretends to be, but also who he wants to be so as to defy his creator. It's also a mask designed to hide his deep hunger for victory and continued survival hidden from his fellow competitors and make alliances -- alliances which he will absolutely betray in the end to ensure his victory. He's fully aware that this makes him a hypocrite and will be happy to spare whomever he can during the ordeal, but it's the price he needs to pay if he wants to live.

Appearance:
A tall and stern looking man, Octavian displays the classic albino-like appearance associated with the Einzbern family: his skin and hair are the color of snow, his eyes a pale red that seems to shift in hue according to his emotional state. His features are aristocratic, almost chiseled; a straight, sharp nose, angular cheekbones and a strong, clean-shaven jawline. His white hair almost reaches his shoulders, but has been neatly slicked back so that it doesn't fall before his eyes.

While his albinism makes it a little difficult to judge, he appears to be in his mid-thirties and favors clothing that is similar devoid of color: Octavian wears an elegant white suit, the only exceptions to his rather bloodless color
scheme are the shiny black shoes and his black necktie, all of which are usually immaculate . The image of a nobleman is completed by the black walking cane he usually carries, though it seems more accessory than necessity.

While they are usually not seen, Octavian's command spells reside on his chest and form an intricate web of hermetic symbols. Due to their interwoven nature, it is nigh-impossible to tell them apart without close examination.

Casual clothes:
His custom-tailored white suit in public, in a more casual private setting he tends to remove his jacket and, sometimes, his tie.

Objective for the War:
The official reason for the Einzbern Master is as ever the Root, but the actual mission he was given is to secure true immortality for Jubstacheit, whose elixirs of youth are growing less and less effective. His own, secret objective is close to that -- immortality for himself, since he has realized his own limited lifespan during his preparations for the war. It needs to be a kind of immortality that will enable him to escape retribution by the old mage and ideally usurp his position, so he intends to wish to become a True Ancestor or, if that is beyond the reach of the Grail, to became a Dead Apostle Ancestor.

Knowledge of the War: Through Jubstacheit's implanted memories, Octavian is highly knowledgeable about the Grail War and knows many details of past rituals.

Biography:
The fourth Holy Grail War had produced many seeds for the future. The use of a proxy by the Einzbern family that would have been successful if not for their agent's betrayal is all too well remembered by their head, Jubstacheit von Einzbern, even after so many years.  The solution, he reasoned after neither their traditional attempts nor their hired outside agent proved successful, was that they needed someone of similar competence and spirit as the traitor Kiritsugu who was properly motivated and who couldn't be compromised.

Jubstacheit himself was no longer an adequate choice. While still extremely powerful as a Magus, his physical condition had begun to deteriorate as his life-enhancing alchemy slowly began to fail. But with others always failing him, Old Man Acht decided that he would indeed need to take the task upon himself after all -- in a way.

A new homunculus was carefully grown using their best techniques, with the old head of the clan himself as the base
template.

This was Octavian, coined with a complementary set of Jubstacheit's memories -- a perfect replica of the old master in his physical prime. Unlike Illyasviel or her mother, Octavian was not created to be a vessel for the Grail, but rather with a focus on reducing the physical frailty of a homunculus body without compromising their ability to function as a Magus -- all in in exchange for a vastly lowered lifespan: Octavian only has ten years to live, a fact which was kept from him to ensure proper compliance.

As a Magus with the full spectrum of Jubstacheit's knowledge and desires, it was believed that his goals would match those of Old Man Acht and thus the family.  What they didn't account for was the fact that Octavian realized the price his power and comparatively strong homunculus body had, after he had been left to his own devices to prepare for the Grail War.

Possessed of the desire to gain an immortal body beyond the meager life-extending alchemy of the original which couldn't sustain his existence as a homunculus, Octavian began to plot treachery -- and a way to exact vengeance upon the man who created him as a mere tool. He played along perfectly from that point on, since the only moment he truly needed to deviate from the intended plan was once the power of the Grail was within his grasp.

Having been created fully formed and with a complete personality and set of memories corresponding to Jubstacheit, he has spent his first five years  preparing himself for the Grail war, putting together his own mystic crest (he can't use Jubstacheit's), crafting the Mystic Code of Potentia Iuppiter et Neptunus, brewing various alchemical extracts and making preparations for the summoning of a powerful Servant.

Quality of Magic Circuits: A

Tank:  A

Command Seals:
His command seals cover his chest and form an intricate hermetic weave of symbols.

Magecraft:
Octavian is studied in the common forms of magecraft; he has used his five year preparation time to realize the skills in alchemy and hellenistic-style  goetia implanted in his memory and prepare his magic crest and circuits accordingly.

His elemental affinity is to Lightning and Water.
Octavian is capable of transplanting Command Spells via the brute force method.

Mystic Codes:
Potentia Iuppiter et Neptunus - a silver crest usually attached  to his tie. Upon activation, Octavian attracts any water in his immediate vicinity and causes it to form a globe around him. It will automatically light up with a powerful electric current if Octavian is attacked. The lightning-effect may be kept up continuously if so desired, but it uses up a lot of energy. The Code also has an attack component -  the Potentia Shield may shoot out sudden bursts of water and use this to send its current into the target. The water used splashes to the ground and is recollected via the initial attraction effect. While highly damaging and debilitating against those who would attack him who aren't resistant to lightning, it doesn't grant much actual protection.

Magic Crest: A tome writ in alchemical mercury

As a 'perfect-bodied' homunculus, Octavian possesses the physical prowess of a professional athlete. Combined with classical schooling and centuries of implanted experience, he is  something of a renaissance man, though he lacks the vastly deeper sort of specialized knowledge more common in the modern day.

Octavian carries a sword-cane that he alchemically enhanced for extra sturdiness and cutting ability.

Fluff:
Octavian is highly inept when it comes to modern technology and inherited an aversion to it from Old Man Acht -- which is precisely why he insists on using it as much as possible. He can and will sit for minutes to send a short text message, uses two fingers to type on a super-expensive modern computer and probably uses Internet Explorer for browsing, horror of horrors! (Being a mage who enjoys his secrecy and strange formulae, however, his passwords at least are highly secure.)

Utility: Unless perusing and creating alchemical implements  for his magecraft counts, the only other thing of note are the financial resources and manpower of the Einzbern family backing him (which, if his traitorous intent is ever revealed, would immediately turn against him).

Combat: Expert fencer.

What are you looking for in a Servant?: what kind of Servant are you hoping for? A Male Saber, or a female Caster? Someone specific for Canon or someone completely new?

I'm looking for someone new primarily. If canon, a writer with thorough familiarity with the character and mythology behind them to keep a sense of accuracy would be good.

Einzbern has been fond of servants with straightforward combat ability, which seems like a good theme to continue and a decent bet combined with his magecraft skill, savvy and knowledge. Summoning Berserker would be too over the top for a Magus already on the high end of things, but a Saber-class Servant could be good. Maybe an Archer. Someone who can put on shows of force whilst leaving the finesse and subtleties largely for their Master to handle. Any gender works.

Octavian is likely to treat his Servant differently depending on who they are and what the most effective means to approach them would be, but outside of particular extremes that  need a different approach, his attitude would largely be distant and professional, expecting orders to be followed without fuss but also keeping them within reason.

O&O

Tokyorose627

Yes VonDoom your Master is accepted. Lol

Great job so far, can’t wait to see what others got! :D

Ieatcookies

Great character VonDoom!
Question: I have this nifty idea that maybe I could make Semiramis a Master instead of a Servant, with the background of her having won the last Grail War along with her Master at the time and thus her wish of reincarnation being granted. Would that be allowed?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Ieatcookies on October 11, 2018, 10:14:10 AM
Great character VonDoom!
Question: I have this nifty idea that maybe I could make Semiramis a Master instead of a Servant, with the background of her having won the last Grail War along with her Master at the time and thus her wish of reincarnation being granted. Would that be allowed?

I don’t see why not, however there will be some obstacles she’d have to get around; for example, if she’s reincarnated does her new body still retain her old memories?

Ieatcookies

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on October 11, 2018, 10:51:03 AM
I don’t see why not, however there will be some obstacles she’d have to get around; for example, if she’s reincarnated does her new body still retain her old memories?

Yes, old memories and personality but obviously not the same powers she had as a Servant. A bit of magic and poison knowledge and whatnot, but definitely nerfed.

VonDoom

Quote from: Ieatcookies on October 11, 2018, 10:14:10 AM
Great character VonDoom!

Thank you.

I was working based off of the idea that the last war ended the same as Fate/Zero, with their fancy hired help screwing it all up for Einzbern. I can change that to accommodate, of course, though if I might offer an alternative? If I'm not misremembering, the Heroic Spirits are freeze-frame copies of their peak as heroes, right? So perhaps this could be the mortal reincarnation of her actual self?

O&O

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ieatcookies on October 11, 2018, 01:12:47 PM
Yes, old memories and personality but obviously not the same powers she had as a Servant. A bit of magic and poison knowledge and whatnot, but definitely nerfed.

So more and less a modern magus with some old tricks on their sleeves. Anyways send my both servant and master concepts to Tokyorose for approval.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 11, 2018, 01:31:45 PM
So more and less a modern magus with some old tricks on their sleeves. Anyways send my both servant and master concepts to Tokyorose for approval.

Thanks for sending it in Zaer, just remember I’m only looking at the Masters at the moment, once again. Once everyone’s Master sheets are ready they can look at the suggestions that people put down, so that servants can be made accordingly.

Thank you.

Zaer Darkwail

Here comes my master (approved);

Name(s): James "Booty" O'Riley

Nationality: American Irish, Chicago

Personality: Confident, easy going and keeps his cool. But he has quiet and deadly temper which he displays when he surprisingly suddenly with smile breaks your fingers if you offend him (as example). He acts like a gentleman on surface, but in truth he is not and more discreet manner does ungentleman things with ladies. A scoundrel at heart and street rat.

Appearance: Looks like in above pic; eye patch, well dressed, smells faintly on cologne (and high quality cigarette) and has deep charming voice.

Casual clothes: James never dresses casually willingly, he dresses always on suit some kind. But if he has to go under cover, he prefers simply worn gray coats or dark cotton hoodie and jeans.

Objective for the War: He has been recruited to the war by one mage family which primary candidate got already killed (and happenstance he inherited guy's command seals somehow), so he presents them out as business deal. He is followed by member of the family who also helps educate him how to use magic. By contract he fulfills family's wish than his own.....but may tempted to give it a go on whim.

Knowledge of the War: Heard rumors of it before, but no in depth knowledge nor history (not from magus family, a foundling).

Biography: Born in Chicago around over thirty years ago, his mother was hard working stripper and his father was alcoholic career criminal who beat his mother and him as kid. Father dealt with drug trafficking and got caught and arrested, mother married to nice local guy who ran a store and quit on stripping business for him, but when James biological father got freed from jail he went and killed his mother and his new stepfather....and as young kid he avenged his mother in shooting his father on the back and police arrived on the scene.

He was send to foster home for troubled kids as entire affair traumatized him, he did not get along with staff nor other kids and he ran into streets and then lived as young growing criminal street rat for several years, forgetting even passage of time as he got involved in heroin and addicted to it for several years until he went through rehab program in prison. He lived life as hot blooded young gangster and was involved in smuggling and piracy in local waters, thus his nickname 'booty' comes from; pirate's booty. But he got caught and in prison he got time contemplate his life and he then wanted start new leaf.

So after prison he opened a gentleman club and bar known as Midnight, but you can move guy out from street but taking street out of him is different. As he got involved in more discreet criminal activity in illegal gambling and fencing stolen goods. Suddenly his arm burns and there command seals appeared and it took just couple days a magus family locate him and then tell about what he is about get involved in. Despite complete absence of magic and magecraft education, his irish roots somehow are likely related to one ancient magus families and it carries potent lineage.

Quality of Magic Circuits: One top tier ones, both his parents were descendants of old magus families albeit their magic remained unawakened (unknown family origins in father's side, a celtic rooted lineage in mother's side). However he had no education as a mage. In essence he is non-homonculus mana battery for magus family who hired him.

Tank: +A

Command Seals: Command seals are located in right arm and look this.

Magecraft: No magecraft, he is under education at moment and considering his lineage was analyzed to be celtic in origin so his magecraft studies have shifted to pagan rituals and runic magic. He has lots untapped potential and he can improvise bit with varied results on fly.

Mystic Codes: None.

Magic Crest: His magic crest is located in his chest and he has dark runic tribal tattoo in his chest which semblances the magic crest underneath it. However he haven't tapped into any native/genetic granted spells yet as he has only recently awakened as magi.

Non-Magecraft Related Skills: Street Wise, Information on criminal underworld and operations, can drive cars and motorbikes fast

Fluff: Skilled bartender, can dance irish dances (taught by mother in his youth) and knows how to gamble (cheat)

Utility: Can identify drugs easily and other illegal substance and products (and administer them properly), can rig vehicles (sabotage) and break and entering to most places. Also he knows how to sail and operate boats. Knows smuggler tricks.

Combat: Knows street unarmed fighting techniques, is good marksman with hand held guns

Extra: He lost his eye not on a legendary fight (despite the claim) but rather on bad heroin trip where he punched accidentally on his own eye with drug needle and ruined his eye. It got infected and eventually got fully removed and now has glass eye wit jolly roger on it in place underneath the eye patch.

What are you looking for in a Servant?: Canon or Original are fine, no specific class but must be female.

Tokyorose627

We have a great cast so far folks! Another person will be posting their Master soon on here, and then we’ll have three Master slots left! Soon after, we can all start to collaborate amongst one another to make servants that can be fun, as well as fit some of the likes and suggestions that others have made! :D

BlackLightning

Name(s): Izumi Ryuuji

Nationality: Japan. Through and through

Personality: Calm, Cold and calculating....at first but surprisingly kind inside.

Appearance: Same as picture most of the time

Casual clothes: Same as picture

Objective for the War: Stopping the war once and for all... Or at least getting it away from those with ill intention from using it.

Knowledge of the War: Taught about it since childhood.

Biography:
Ryuuji was born of a largely normal single-parent household… at least for the most part of his early childhood. It wasn’t until his entry to middle school that his mother decided to tell him that they were someone capable of using unusual power called Magic. Moreover, she found that Ryuuji had actually inherited the magic circuits of both side of his parents, thus she began to teach him on how to make use of it.

Soon enough, it was apparent that Ryuuji proved to be quite a prodigy at magic, especially on sensing and transferring magic power to objects. While not exactly a born genius, he made up the difference with dedicated practice and imagination which pleased his mother to no end. Moreover, he seemed to have inherited his father’s, at least according to his mother, passion for upholding justice.

Unfortunately, his mother’s life was cut short when she was caught in a drive out shooting incident by a terrorist group when she was doing what was supposed to be a regular weekly shopping. Moreover, according to eyewitness, which he later altered their memory of the event, she had actively tried to protect the people around her using her magic but even she couldn’t defend against 8 gunmen by herself. However, with her effort, she did incapacitate 3 of the terrorists before the cops arrived.

It was during his mother’s funeral that an agent from The Clocktower came to meet him with an invitation letter with an offered opportunity to further his magic study. According to the agent, both of his parents had been a researcher of some renown for the organization before they decided to move to Japan before he was born. After careful deliberation, Ryuuji decided to take the offer and with the asset which his mother had left him, he set out to England.

His time in England had been largely peaceful, filled largely with trying to improve his magic skill and absorbing any knowledge available for him. It was also there that he found out that he was a VERY distant relation to the Tohsaka family which explained his talent in magic flow and transferring of magic power.  Moreover, he also found that his parents had left a legacy of their work at the Clocktower.

Using the research papers left behind by his parents, Ryuuji managed to synthesize his own custom made sword: A single-blade sword, nearly 60 cm long made of magic alloy metal and most importantly, it had been made to work in synergy with his and ONLY HIS magic while to other’s hand, it would be no different than a normal sword.

His peaceful days were interrupted when he caught wind that the Holy Grail War was to start again in Japan within a year’s time. Remembering his mother’s tale of the war, he decided to throw his name into the participations list. Once it was approved by the Clock Tower, he booked the first flight to Japan available and made his way there for an early preparation.

Quality of Magic Circuits: A Rank. He inherited his both of his parent’s line high quality of magic circuit.

Magic Knowledge Level: Intermediate. Due to his years of learning and practice, he has no problem with most basic spells and some intermediate ones.

Tank: A. While his mana tank wasn’t especially massive, he has more mana capacity than most average mages.
Command Seals: His command seals look like 9 flower petals in a circle located on his right shoulder blade. Every time he uses one, 3 of the petals disappeared in clockwise direction.

Magecraft: He primarily specializes in imbuing magic in objects and being of a distant relation to Tohsaka, his signature magic was of course, the Jewel magic. Accordingly, he was also skilled in elemental magic. However, his magic style was quite different from typical Tohsaka family mages as instead of shooting the jewels like bullets, he would embed them into his special-made blade to enchant it with them. For example, if he embedded a fire element imbued jewel into the sword, the blade would take the fire’s property and allowed him to either fire it toward the enemy or use it to enhance his melee attacks.

Other than the Jewel magic which was form of Flow and Transferring of Power, he was skilled in Material Transmutation, Minor mental interference magic as well as some basic knowledge of Alchemy.

Mystic Codes: As expected, Ryuuji uses jewels to store his spells and magic. Moreover, his blade was actually created with Alchemy in order to be able to work in synergy with his jewel magic.

Magic Crest: He has basic strengthening spell engraved on his blade and all over his body. While the latter wouldn’t really protect him from attack spells, it did give him better physical ability than normal person.

Fitness: Ryuuji is physically extremely fit and had put on effort to keep his physical ability in tip-top shape.

Fluff:
Cooking: Ryuuji CAN cook for himself. While not quite good at it, he wasn’t terrible either… largely due to having to cook for himself when living by himself.

Knitting and sewing: Believe it or not, he knitted his own scarf for winter. He also sewed his own clothes instead of buying ready-made.
Soccer: In highschool, he was part of the soccer club. His team had went all the way to the national competition 3 years in a row and championed in 2 of them.

Utility:
Modifying cars: He joined street racing once in a while to earn some money. Made quite a name for himself in that community.
Hacking: He was a quite skilled hacker. While he wasn’t good enough to hack using only a mobile phone, breaking through a run-of-the-mill company’s security was certainly possible.

Combat:
Swordsman: Ryuuji was highly skilled in sword, enough to be considered as Master Swordsman.
Hand-to-hand combat: Ryuuji is physically very fit and has black belt on Karate, Judo and Taekwondo.

Extra: Ryuuji is quite terrible at housework… rather than NOT knowing how to do it, he simply doesn’t do it often enough. Meaning, his house is a mess.

What are you looking for in a Servant?: Obedient. Ryuuji has no desire on having to “subdue” his servant. As far as he was concerned, having to fight his enemies are troublesome enough, an unruly servant was just too much trouble to deal with.

Tokyorose627

Thanks for posting your Master BlackLightining!

As a note to everyone that has made their Masters, or still thinking about making theirs soon, I would like to note that our Master pool is good so far, however there doesn’t seem to be much variety in the case of personalities or characteristics. I encourage all to be creative with your characters, go wild (but not too crazy lol) with your Masters and their prospect for the war. Do they have an obsession with the Grail? Do they wish to take down a certain mage family? Revenge on the world for wronging them in some way?

Think of characters, for example, like Shinji Matou from Stay/Night or Ryuunosuke from Fate/Zero; characters that have their own personal but demented way of looking at things. Now your character doesn’t have to be like that, I’m just saying use those as a basis to think of amazing interesting Masters for this Grail War. It’s no fun when all the masters are just simple humans with normal stakes and modern sensibilities, right? XD

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my char got modern outlook but he is also complete outsider to 'magi culture' itself so he is that regard clueless sort. But he has otherwise street wise and experience about life itself, born and lived as poor and suffered heroin addiction and done some terrible things as criminal/pirate. Also his childhood was not easy one; forcing watch as father beat him and mother and then later father kill his mother and step-father and then in turn kill his own father. So he has fucked up life but he has come through it all alive and looking fine but scars are there, hidden under his facade of smart dressing and gentleman manners.

As mentioned he is hired by magus family (sort forceful recruitment as he got command seals transferred on him by whim of the grail) but he may go suddenly solo and own goals in middle of the war if he gets motivated by own pursuit of the grail than be mercenary mana battery (all depending on RP and what servant he gets).

Tokyorose627

Well usually the point is that Masters work towards their own goal, but in your characters case it works. Just depends on what path you want to go down as soon as this game gets going. We have a few more Master slots, and then we can get started in making servants. :3

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, need bit more masters and variety both concept and gender wise as well :)

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 12, 2018, 12:10:33 PM
Yeah, need bit more masters and variety both concept and gender wise as well :)

Yeah we do mostly have male masters, but to be honest it isn’t all that bad. I would like more variety in regards to character backstories rather then all just be good natured heroes.

But we’ll see!

Ieatcookies

Quote from: VonDoom on October 11, 2018, 01:17:11 PM
Thank you.

I was working based off of the idea that the last war ended the same as Fate/Zero, with their fancy hired help screwing it all up for Einzbern. I can change that to accommodate, of course, though if I might offer an alternative? If I'm not misremembering, the Heroic Spirits are freeze-frame copies of their peak as heroes, right? So perhaps this could be the mortal reincarnation of her actual self?

Yep, exactly the angle I'm going with.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Ieatcookies on October 12, 2018, 01:53:58 PM
Yep, exactly the angle I'm going with.

Yep baxiscally like that yeah :)

It’s set 10 years after Zero like in the series, but it’s a different Ser of Masters. :)

Tokyorose627

And here’s our Priest who shall watch over the war, played by myself, and VonDoom who has agreed to help out. Thanks VonDoom!

As well, this version of Kirei may be a bit different then most of you know him as...

————

Name(s): Kotomine Kirei

Nationality: Japanese?

Personality: A pious priest who oversees the Grail War and protects those who fall victim to it.

Appearance: A tall man with dark hair in a priest's uniform.

Casual clothes: -

Objective for the War: ?

Knowledge of the War: ?

Biography: ?

Quality of Magic Circuits: ?

Tank: ?

Command Seals: Now why would a priest have those?

Magecraft: None, of course!

Mystic Codes: -

Magic Crest: -

Non-Magecraft Related Skills: preaching, reading Latin, raising orphans

Utility: ?

Combat: church-sanctioned and equipped to deal with rogue mages.

Extra: Rejoice, for Kirei is here!

What are you looking for in a Servant?: The best qualities.

Ieatcookies

Nice, we have Kotomine too. Sent tokyorose my master sheet yesterday over PM, should I post it here too?

Tokyorose627

Hey cookies! I actually haven’t read over your sheet yet. I will right now though!

Ieatcookies

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on October 13, 2018, 12:47:08 AM
Hey cookies! I actually haven’t read over your sheet yet. I will right now though!

Thank you Rose and thank you for the idea! To be noted that I will be playing Semiramis as a Master and not as a Servant!

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Ieatcookies on October 13, 2018, 01:36:43 AM
Thank you Rose and thank you for the idea! To be noted that I will be playing Semiramis as a Master and not as a Servant!

No problem!

Revelation

Definitely interested and lookin' to reserve a spot, just don't have time for making a character tonight. Already fell asleep once in my chair earlier!

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Changingsaint on October 13, 2018, 02:00:33 AM
Definitely interested and lookin' to reserve a spot, just don't have time for making a character tonight. Already fell asleep once in my chair earlier!

No prob, you got time! :)

Ieatcookies

Without the elf ears

Name(s): Semiramis, Wise Queen of Assyria

Nationality: Assyrian Empire - Today part of: Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Iran, Lebanon

Personality: Semiramis is a very enthusiastic person who indulges in luxury and "exudes a decadent atmosphere from somewhere." Since her childhood, she has studied a wide range of disciplines such as cosmetics, hairdressing, dancing, clothing, music and astronomy, and her beautiful face has captivated many men. Her passion has led her to start a war to possess a single man, and to poison her husband, the king, for politics, but her abilities as a queen are indisputable. Proof of the many expeditions she has led can be seen on walls and the Ishtar Gate. She believes it necessary for one to be superior to others and have more desires than regular people as a ruler, thinking that those who uphold frugality are only playing a sport privileged to those who have gained the "most important possession of all", authority. She feels that those who rule commit tyranny simply from the act, so those who are kings must also be tyrants.

Having grown up a child abandoned by her birth mother and subsequently saved by strangers, Semiramis holds her mother in great contempt. While she believes that all women will eventually arrive at the role of "life-giver", she still holds those who fall for the allure of men as weak. Likewise, she see men who claim other women without a second thought as despicable. So for her mother, who not only fell for a mortal man, but also abandoned her duty as a mother is truly despicable. However, Semiramis is not without her gratitude, for thanks to her mother, divine blood flows through her.

Appearance: She is described as a "depraved beauty" and a "peerlessly beautiful woman" wrapped in a dress as "dark as midnight" who emanates a pleasing aroma. She uses a magic veil to hide her pointed ears and pale skin tone.

Casual clothes: Casual dresses in dark colors and heels.

Objective for the War: As winner of one of the former Grail Wars alongside her Master, Semiramis obtained reincarnation in her current form. She kept some of her magical abilities and all the skills and knowledge she had prior to her death as well as after turning into a Servant. Objective for the current War is to obtain immortality in the flesh.

Knowledge of the War: Extensive knowledge, having been a participant in former Grail Wars (not all of them) as a Servant.

Biography: Born from the Syrian mermaid goddess Derketo and a human man, she was left on the waterfront by her loveless mother. She was wrapped in the warm wings of a dove, and fed with the dove's milk. Semiramis was then found and educated by the shepherd Simmas until she married Onnes, an old general; but she was then taken away by the Syrian king Ninus who fell in love with her thanks to her beautiful face. This forced Onnes to commit suicide, and after Semiramis earned the favors of the king with original battle plans, she married him and formally became queen. A few days after the marriage, she killed the king with poison, and reigned as a regent over Assyria for the next few decades. This is the oldest case of murder by poisoning in legends.

In a more modern age, Semiramis has only been on Earth briefly, for the duration of the Wars. She lacks technological knowledge and scientific skills, but she has made it a priority to catch up with the most important world discoveries since her reincarnation. When she is not researching for the current War or enhancing her skills, Semiramis reads.

Quality of Magic Circuits: Rank A

Tank: A-E. Rank B

Command Seals: Three seals in the shape of three tribal doves, located just below her right collarbone.

Magecraft: Poison use, magic traps, use of familiars, poisoned blood.
Item Construction allows her to create only poisons instead of a multitude of tools due to her specialty.

Her familiars are the grey doves that have remained her friends even after she became fully grown and left their care, able to control them through thought alone without any form of contract, thanks to her divinity. They can act as a network of scouts to carry messages and collect information. Taking pieces of paper in their mouths, they can locate their targets, deliver the message, and immediately leave upon completion. They can track down magical energy sources, especially those possessed by Servants, allowing them to keep track of their locations any time.

She is also capable of producing magical traps in the form of chains.

Mystic Codes: None

Magic Crest: Most of her important magic knowledge stored in symbols around her thighs.

Non-Magecraft Related Skills: Exceptional memory and fast reading.

Fluff: As a former Queen, Semiramis wasn’t cooking or cleaning, much less doing anything of the sort. Since her reincarnation she has been using her skills and charms to manipulate, poison and blackmail various rich and influential men which led her to own a small fortune (occasionally she works as a paid assassin). Therefore, she has servants for almost everything concerning her life-style.

Utility: None

Combat: None, but she does use her blood to poison her adversaries in combat - once she can spot an open wound or force them to drink it.

Looking for an obedient Male Servant, class not specified, whom she will try/manage to manipulate and take advantage of physically and magically.

Tokyorose627

To those who have joined and made a Master, and to those who are still working in their sheets, here’s a Discord channel just for us!

https://discord.gg/UHQAzJ

Tokyorose627

Only two Master slots are available left!!! Feel free to come on down and look around to get ideas for a Master! Don’t be shy! :)

Rafiki23

I think I might be interested, I really enjoy the show so who knows :)

I Know the Dark Delight of Being Strange, the Penalty of Difference in the Crowd, the Loneliness of Wisdom Among Fools

VonDoom

O&O

snowdrop

Heya! I'm potentially really interested, this sounds like a lot of fun; I just wonder if I'm not in over my head a little bit -- I've only played / read the original visual novel a few years ago (I really loved it, but my memory of the details is admittedly getting a little bit murky!) I've never actually seen the animes and all I know about the other stories like Fate/Zero is that...they exist, I guess? I guess it could be a great excuse for me to catch up on it all! :D I'm giving it a little bit more thought still! I'm thinking I might do something a bit different from the characters we have so far, like a naive schoolgirl type who studies occult books and has no idea what she's actually getting into.

Just to make sure I've understood correctly -- the idea is that everyone will be playing two characters, both a Master and a Servant, but you're only looking at Master applications for now? And the Servants will be filled up later? Or should we be looking to make both already?

Also, how smutty do you expect the game to be?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: snowdrop on October 14, 2018, 05:38:05 PM
Heya! I'm potentially really interested, this sounds like a lot of fun; I just wonder if I'm not in over my head a little bit -- I've only played / read the original visual novel a few years ago (I really loved it, but my memory of the details is admittedly getting a little bit murky!) I've never actually seen the animes and all I know about the other stories like Fate/Zero is that...they exist, I guess? I guess it could be a great excuse for me to catch up on it all! :D I'm giving it a little bit more thought still! I'm thinking I might do something a bit different from the characters we have so far, like a naive schoolgirl type who studies occult books and has no idea what she's actually getting into.

Just to make sure I've understood correctly -- the idea is that everyone will be playing two characters, both a Master and a Servant, but you're only looking at Master applications for now? And the Servants will be filled up later? Or should we be looking to make both already?

Also, how smutty do you expect the game to be?

Hello, it’s nice to meet you! If you have any knowledge of the series, it’s defnitely going to help you in the long run. If you ever need help I suggest reading the wikis on certain elements if you’re unsure about some things, but I’ve been catching up and rewatching shows as well, so you could ask me if something she bothering you or somethings nit clicking. :)

As for getting in over your head, you should be fine! For a character like that it could work, there’s actually a character similar to what your thinking of from Fate/Zero by the name of Waver Velvet; a young boy that isn’t that much of a mage but wanted to show his professor that he could be more by summning a Servant, unaware that he was now a Master in a sort of death game that he was forced to participate in overall. You could use that sort of concept for your character, but make sure that they don’t see too cliche or too naive as to be sort of a stereotype or any sort. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Yes, at the moment I’m only accepting Master Applications. Most of the spots are filled, I think we only have two left, and then from there we make a Servant applications. How it works when you make a Master, is that at the bottom of the sheet there’s a blurb that you write down what kind of Servant your looking for this game. You can be vague and simply say I don’t care, or you could be more specific like “I’m looking for female servants only”, or maybe “I want a Canon Servant really badly If possible!”

You could even make a Canon Servant and use their appearance, but change their personality to something that yo think would fit and work for the game. It’s all up to the players and who they partner up with. :)

Be advised however that if you have an idea for a Servant you have to choose a class, and theirs only one per class. So if you want to make someone specific, you have to claim it first. I’ll make a message in here once I’m ready and confidant to allow players to choose and claim classes for servants.

Finally, as for how smutty the game will be, I don’t want it to purely be smut. With this type of game, it’s more story and character oriented, with Masters and Servants interacting and getting to know one another while fighting in a war that could change the world. There’ll be combat, slice of life, somber moments, tense scenes; basically the works. People are free to RP smutty things, it just has to be within reason you know? If you want your Master and Servant to get it on right away (and some do because it’s one way to replenish Mana for their servant), then go ahead, but it has to make sense, like if they just got out of a battle and whatnot. I’d rather it not be smut all the time, because that sort of breaks the whole somewhat serious tone the story has; there’s buildup to that stuff you know? Plus it would be weird to see a Master and Servant getting it on in public all of a sudden...

Though that’s subjective to each player, and you would have to talk to whoever you partner up with for all that.

I hope that answered all your questions. :)

Revelation

My own go at a master.

---

Name(s): Alexander Gray

Nationality: US

Personality: Seemingly focused and driven, Alexander can be surprisingly relaxed and easygoing around his friends, though said friends can be few in number. Surprisingly romantic at times as well.

Appearance: black haired and blue eyed, his fair skin certainly gives him a striking appearance, a youthful and athletic man who seems to enjoy keeping himself in good health.

Casual clothes: Hoodies, casual clothing, long sleeved shirts, mostly inconspicuous without being too inconspicuous.

Objective for the War: There’s no ulterior motive, and he works for no one else other than himself. He intends to compete for the grail, but what he does should he win is a mystery that he’ll only reveal to his servant.

Knowledge of the War: Versed in it, not intimately familiar.

Biography: The son of an unlucky detective, Alexander has lived a ‘charmed’ life. Somehow, his family has had a long history with the hidden world of magecraft and the fantastic. His father was rescued from nearly being killed by a dead apostle by a mage who had been hunting the same apostle for their own reasons. Thus began a history between his family, and this mage who had become a friend of his fathers – one who was close enough to be there at his wedding, and who had somehow discovered Alex’s own magical potential.

His father was reluctant to let him be trained as a mage, but the young Alexander seemed thrilled at the idea. Magecraft wasn’t everything he had hoped for though… But, he survived the rigorous training, and despite the difficulty of learning reinforcement style magecraft, he shore up his lack of innate magical ability with a few other tools and of course, hard work.

It was this mage who was to compete in the war this go around, but something happened to him, he vanished off the face of the earth, and it was Alexander who decided to figure out why – and in doing so, he found out about the looming war, versing himself with everything the mage had left. Despite knowing the dangers, and that he could likely be killed, he decided to use the catalyst provided, and summon his own servant.

Quality of Magic Circuits: C-rank. Nothing exceptional, but he could be worse off.

Tank: C: Perfectly average, again.

Command Seals: Located on his left shoulder, looks like a series of interlaced thorns and branches, woven together.

Magecraft: Reinforcement styled magecraft.

Mystic Codes: Wyvern skin gauntlets

Magic Crest: A magical tome writ with blood from a Salamander.

Fluff: Cooks pretty damn good food. Plays harmonica pretty well.

Utility: Gun assembly and deconstruction, proficient with lockpicking tools & similar items, and athletically fit.

Combat: Thanks to his particular magecraft, with his gloves on he’s a proficient brawler though he probably wouldn’t win any tournaments. Knows how to handle a gun, and the fact that most mages dislike them gives him an advantage, especially if he can ply reinforcement on a gun.

What are you looking for in a Servant?: Would strongly enjoy a female Archer, Rider, or Berserker. While certain canons would be loved, I don’t imagine many would be willing to play them so I would be more than happy with originals too.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Changingsaint on October 15, 2018, 12:36:11 AM
My own go at a master.

---

Name(s): Alexander Gray

Nationality: US

Personality: Seemingly focused and driven, Alexander can be surprisingly relaxed and easygoing around his friends, though said friends can be few in number. Surprisingly romantic at times as well.

Appearance: black haired and blue eyed, his fair skin certainly gives him a striking appearance, a youthful and athletic man who seems to enjoy keeping himself in good health.

Casual clothes: Hoodies, casual clothing, long sleeved shirts, mostly inconspicuous without being too inconspicuous.

Objective for the War: There’s no ulterior motive, and he works for no one else other than himself. He intends to compete for the grail, but what he does should he win is a mystery that he’ll only reveal to his servant.

Knowledge of the War: Versed in it, not intimately familiar.

Biography: The son of an unlucky detective, Alexander has lived a ‘charmed’ life. Somehow, his family has had a long history with the hidden world of magecraft and the fantastic. His father was rescued from nearly being killed by a dead apostle by a mage who had been hunting the same apostle for their own reasons. Thus began a history between his family, and this mage who had become a friend of his fathers – one who was close enough to be there at his wedding, and who had somehow discovered Alex’s own magical potential.

His father was reluctant to let him be trained as a mage, but the young Alexander seemed thrilled at the idea. Magecraft wasn’t everything he had hoped for though… But, he survived the rigorous training, and despite the difficulty of learning reinforcement style magecraft, he shore up his lack of innate magical ability with a few other tools and of course, hard work.

It was this mage who was to compete in the war this go around, but something happened to him, he vanished off the face of the earth, and it was Alexander who decided to figure out why – and in doing so, he found out about the looming war, versing himself with everything the mage had left. Despite knowing the dangers, and that he could likely be killed, he decided to use the catalyst provided, and summon his own servant.

Quality of Magic Circuits: C-rank. Nothing exceptional, but he could be worse off.

Tank: C: Perfectly average, again.

Command Seals: Located on his left shoulder, looks like a series of interlaced thorns and branches, woven together.

Magecraft: Reinforcement styled magecraft.

Mystic Codes: Wyvern skin gauntlets

Magic Crest: A magical tome writ with blood from a Salamander.

Fluff: Cooks pretty damn good food. Plays harmonica pretty well.

Utility: Gun assembly and deconstruction, proficient with lockpicking tools & similar items, and athletically fit.

Combat: Thanks to his particular magecraft, with his gloves on he’s a proficient brawler though he probably wouldn’t win any tournaments. Knows how to handle a gun, and the fact that most mages dislike them gives him an advantage, especially if he can ply reinforcement on a gun.

What are you looking for in a Servant?: Would strongly enjoy a female Archer, Rider, or Berserker. While certain canons would be loved, I don’t imagine many would be willing to play them so I would be more than happy with originals too.

Thanks for making a Master so quickly Changing! Only issue was you were supposed to PM it to me, but it’s ok. I’ll look at it now and PM you if it needs changes.

Tokyorose627

They look good Changing!

Alright everyone, we only have one Master slots left until we can all start making the servants for the game! Please hang on just a little bit longer and then you can all begin to look over each Masters suggestions for Servants, as well as which Master seems the most interesting to you, before you make a decision! :D

Tokyorose627

To all who have made Masters and have been accepted, please go to our newly made Character Sheets topic and post your sheets there! I’ll link each of them individually to each of your characters for easy access. :)

VonDoom

Hmm. So far it looks like the main amount of scheming will happen amongst the old fogeys -- with Semiramis and Octavian as the more manipulative in the Master lot!

Though whoever hired O'Riley might have something to say on that front as well -- it would be interesting to hash out the details for that family, as we're currently still missing a 'third grand house' to get a matching set of 'three old foundation mage families' as our own version of the Tohsaka/Matou/Einzbern trinity.

So far we have myself with pretty much the canon Einzbern family, Saijyou wielding jewelry magic on their ancestral home turf and a third remains open. And not having a third seat would be a shame, as everyone knows that three is the magic number!

O&O

VonDoom

That was basically my suggestion already. I mean, it's their agenda your character comes into the game with, so your own thoughts and interests are the priority there - any direction you'd like to go in?

O&O

stormwyrm

Guess I'll be taking the last Master slot... I even have a custom portrait for him.

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/File:JeanPaulDunois.jpg

He really should be paired with Jeanne la Pucelle but I don't see too many difficulties with most other Servants.
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

Tokyorose627

Quote from: stormwyrm on October 15, 2018, 11:29:30 AM
Guess I'll be taking the last Master slot... I even have a custom portrait for him.

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/File:JeanPaulDunois.jpg

He really should be paired with Jeanne la Pucelle but I don't see too many difficulties with most other Servants.

Aweomse, please feel free to write them up as soon as you can, and then send them to me for review. :)

As welll if you can, please join our Discord server so that communication and announcements made from me will be easier. :)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: VonDoom on October 15, 2018, 10:06:09 AM
That was basically my suggestion already. I mean, it's their agenda your character comes into the game with, so your own thoughts and interests are the priority there - any direction you'd like to go in?

Well, few things come to mind besides the family in question being old/ancient;

1) It's honorable enough not to kill James and hope one their existing mages inherit the command seals.
2) They got resources to analyze bloodlines to figure out magus lineages (at least mother's side). So divination focus perhaps?
3) Also family who may have 'noble magus' arrogance and stance to war and have grand scheme wish and are also outside supernatural realm wealthy and able drown james to riches if he fights for them (or rather works with them) and also have skilled magi to act as both mentor and also bodyguard of sorts as even if James is fast on feet as street thug goes, they view in sort arrogance that guns will not help win fights vs other magus.
4) Besides patronizing they may seek exploit other ways James, considering purity/potency of his genetics and magic circuits may seek sneakily impregnate one their heirs/daughters to get his genes to rejuvenate the family line (so some sort decline may be there besides exceptional individuals in family and grail's wish may be focus on that perhaps). Or possibly simply kill him off instant he grants the wish so they do not need pay fortune for him (so scheming family someway who seeks exploit or double cross over James).

VonDoom

Sounds interesting! If we take the original trinity, Einzbern is Einzbern, Saijyou has some parallels with Tohsaka and that leaves Matou -- since Tokyorose already asked for some more fucked up people to appear in the game ( ;D), how would the notion of the family taking the role of the 'absolute worst' and have them be up to some seriously evil shit beneath the more presentable exterior that they would probably also use to deal with James?

Heck, to throw in something to go with the angle of him maybe going rogue later you mentioned -- If they're already planning to exploit him and use him to revitalize their lineage, maybe they have plans to, say, if he loses badly, or ends up crippled, lock him into a hole somewhere and use him as an actual battery, maybe whilst having their heirs/daughters rape him? Not that that'd actually happen even if they planned it unless he hardcore Bad Ends somehow.  ;D But if he overheard that at some point, it might be an incentive for him to change his approach or allegiance.

O&O

Tokyorose627

Quote from: VonDoom on October 15, 2018, 02:05:15 PM
Sounds interesting! If we take the original trinity, Einzbern is Einzbern, Saijyou has some parallels with Tohsaka and that leaves Matou -- since Tokyorose already asked for some more fucked up people to appear in the game ( ;D), how would the notion of the family taking the role of the 'absolute worst' and have them be up to some seriously evil shit beneath the more presentable exterior that they would probably also use to deal with James?

Heck, to throw in something to go with the angle of him maybe going rogue later you mentioned -- If they're already planning to exploit him and use him to revitalize their lineage, maybe they have plans to, say, if he loses badly, or ends up crippled, lock him into a hole somewhere and use him as an actual battery, maybe whilst having their heirs/daughters rape him? Not that that'd actually happen even if they planned it unless he hardcore Bad Ends somehow.  ;D But if he overheard that at some point, it might be an incentive for him to change his approach or allegiance.

Yeah we could always use some more or less morally unjust characters. ;3

Tokyorose627

Soooooo, I’ve been thinking long and hard bout this, and I keep coming back to wanting to do a Fate Stay Night game. Like, it just keeps coming back, and after how well the first round this went, despite it ending so shortly, I want this to come back, with it being better then ever! I hope at least.

So, I, being brave and bringing back this Interest Thread! There’s stuff in here from the first version of this game, but feel free to just loook over the first post that had the whole idea and info towards the RP! I won’t be accepting sheets right now as it’s way too early, and I want to see how much interest this actually gets! Please feel free to PM me if you got any questions or concerns!

Hope to see people on here with the same love of the Fate series as I and may people have! :)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on July 16, 2019, 07:09:58 AM
Have all the Master slots been filled?

Not yet, Tokyorose just restarted recruitment (so cast is empty).

Moon Hound Hati

Interested. Was thinking of playing Charlemagne, a Saber-class heroic spirit.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

LtFox

Well, I'm always up for some Nasuverse goodness!

I even have an almost completely unused Master from a previous game that never got off the ground, would like to dust it off.

The Master concept I would be using is something I've basically never seen in a Fate game before, that of an Atlas alchemist.

I've delved pretty deep into the nasulore, and Atlas is quite fascinating to me.  Actually, I made the character in times before we had all the current info on Atlas from F/GO and whatnot, but it should still hold up with minimal retouching.  Guess my original guesses on how things functioned in Atlas were actually fairly decent.

Anyway, enough rambling.  I'm certainly willing to play, and have a Master ready to go.  If we're still also playing the Servant, that might need some thinking about.
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Metraxa

I have a Berserker I've wanted to use for a while. I'd need to think about a Master though. That's always the hard part for me.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Changingsaint on July 18, 2019, 08:03:51 AM
Room for one more?

There is still room :). So far no solid master/servant concepts (I likely go with same ones as I got earlier).

Revelation

I might reuse my old master, as for servants, I have plenty of ideas - both male and female.

tangerine

Hmm, interested, though I have a few questions:
The Fate Stay/Night wars leave a pretty long trail of bodies.  Are you looking for players who are open to losing  - not just a fight, but also actually having their characters killed by other characters?

Also wanted to ask about this idea for a character:
I was thinking of a variation on Tohsaka Rin possessed by Ishtar (I think Archer class) like in Fate Grand Order.  Her memories would be a bit of a jumble of both, but it'll be mostly Rin's consciousness active.  The idea would be that Rin summoned Archer but somehow ended possessed by her heroic spirit.  One of the other masters (another player), early in the narration, steals Rin's command spells, and ostensibly has 2 servants - so I'd still be playing in the master-servant dynamic mostly as a servant although powered by Rin's mana.  She'll willingly cooperate insofar as the master is aligned with her ideals.  But even if the master were Shiro, Rin still wants to win this war herself and plans at some point to reassert control, in whatever way she can ....

Plus this is one way to reduce the number of needed roles by 1  :P

Zaer Darkwail

I think everyone has to make original characters and besides borrowing idea from Fate Stay/Night Game, the war happens in own timeline/world (but still be nasuverse but in general I think we did not use any canon chars, not even magi families besides pick a one family theme and recreate it with new names and faces).

So you could run Rin Tohsaka inspired char but it cannot be called Rin Tohsaka (as neither she nor her family exist but you can roleplay as gem magic using magi from regal traditional magus family).

At least these things were in place during first round when game was played. Also losing is something what everyone should be okay with as this is not Apocrypha version of the war (with 7 servants vs 7 servants). Of course loosing can mean other things than death; as you need just defeat the servant and master is no longer participant (so can let them go, take hostage and perhaps lead even NC sort scenarios as magi and servant alike can restore mana by having sex).

Marie Reynolds

Well my idea so for my my Master Character, Is  she has Healing and Counter Magic and is  Innately Born with Walking and Breathing.  Her reason for joining the war is to protect people and stand against any major Calamities in the Grail war.  She actually is not in the war to win it put to minimize collateral damage and try to help ease or prevent people getting used and tormented by there families to  bring them glory and power. She also has degrees in Sports Medicine and Psychology. She is trained in Martial arts and Marksmanship and Escapology. She is a Chinese American Native of Hong Kong, Her Mother is a Magic Tutor and her father is a retired United Nations  police officer now Magic Tutor.

Tokyorose627

This interest check is tentative as I’ve been thinking to bring back this idea in some form or another as I love the Fate series. I wasn’t sure how to go about simply doing a solo, so if anyone is interested in the possibility of trying out a Game setting with others, please let me know in here!

Once again this is tentative since the cast would be a bit big, it most likely will be shrunken down so there’s not too many people, but it all depends on interest!

Kissa

I'm possibly interested. My biggest question is does this follow Fate in that 'there can be only one' way, meaning all put one master and servant die?

Ian Temero

Hold up! A Fate/ Game! Yes please! I’ve got a Lancer I’d love to throw in and a few potential masters.

Would you be wanting folks to guess at the other Servant’s identities or would that be public knowledge?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Kissa on November 04, 2023, 01:08:47 AMI'm possibly interested. My biggest question is does this follow Fate in that 'there can be only one' way, meaning all put one master and servant die?
Yes, that would be the case. If people wanted a way for their Masters to not die, I would need to think of a system that works within th elore.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Ian Temero on November 04, 2023, 05:01:34 AMHold up! A Fate/ Game! Yes please! I’ve got a Lancer I’d love to throw in and a few potential masters.

Would you be wanting folks to guess at the other Servant’s identities or would that be public knowledge?
I think that would be more of a preference. I used to have it where people could choose if they want it to be public knowledge or not, but I haven't chosen exactly yet what would be the case.

Niki315

Is there still interest for this? I love the fate anime and games