Interest Check: D&D...the cartoon?!

Started by HockeyGod, January 19, 2018, 06:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockeyGod

Dungeons & Dragons the Cartoon

Remember the 1980s television show Dungeons & Dragons?? The premise of the show centered on a group of students that were sucked through a portal (on a roller coaster!) to a realm where mythical creatures exist. A Dungeon Master helped guide them through a series of adventures.

I am interested in staging this group game, but with college students (18+ only) being the characters. This will be a free-form style game and will not utilize tabletop D&D rules. As GM I will serve as Dungeon Master and require specific quests. I will also serve as one of the transported heroes and as needed the nemeses the group will inevitably face. Perhaps others will take up a nemesis as the realm is developed.

Original characters with their magical gift – I am open to any change in the magical gift.
Ranger with a bow that shoots energy arrows Taken
Cavalier with a shield that provides a barrier
Barbarian with a club that can cause concussive forces
Acrobat with a staff that can grow to any length
Magician with a hat that can conjure any item Taken
Thief with a cloak that can cause invisibility

Non-Canon Character Options – I am also open to any new characters that would seem logical to bring into the game. In addition, there would be a number of sentient creatures from the realm that a person could play.
Healer (a vial of healing potion?)
Swashbuckler (a sword that can cut through anything?)
Bard (a book of tales that provides information on anything in the realm?)
Fighter (wrist bands that are impervious and give strength)
Paladin (gauntlets that shoot energy?)
Sentient creature from the realm such as elves, dwarves, centaurs or other Taken

[float=right][img height=300]XXXXXXXXXXXXX[/img][/float]
[center][size=18pt][glow=blue,2,300]Character Name[/glow][/size][/center]

Full Name:
Marital status:
Sexual Orientation:
Declared Majors/Minors:
Family:
Played by:

Physical Description:

Personality:

Magical Object and Ability:
[float=right][img height=150]XXXXXXXXXX[/img][/float]

RubySlippers

I love that show how about I take the thief with a character with a youth criminal record who really was a thief before turning her life around.  ;D

Can add in some actual lockpicks, some physical training and martial arts and might even carry a weapon when she finds one laying around. The Cloak will help a lot of course in Venger shows up.

Teegan

Full Name: Teegan Walker
Gender Identity: Female
Marital status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Declared Majors/Minors: Health Promotion: Wellness and Fitness/Art [Jewelry]
Family: ??
Played by: Rubyslippers

Physical Description: Tomboyish with a fit body not shocking taking into account her major and is quite a pretty thing with brown hair and big blue eyes, she is quick and agile and quite capable of still moving as good as any quiet criminal well versed and lifting a wallet or picking a lock or handling tumblers on a safe like a boss. She is five feet/five inches tall and is of average weight for a tastefully athletic woman.

Personality: Was a troubled child and used to be a troublemaker as a very capable burglar until caught and now reformed and working on becoming an army officer, so she can be sneaky and crafty and thinks fair fights are for suckers but has a good heart really she doesn't like hurting people unless she has to do it. She loves her mother and is happy she can make her proud and even the police back home in her town see her as a success story going from a teen criminal to a decent young woman. But she is reformed at least in the real world so focuses on now going to school, working on help people stay fit and learning to make jewelry a skill she uses now to make money honestly. But well will it stay the course ... who knows.

Magical Object and Ability:
Cloak of Invisibility [pull hood over head to turn invisible]