Aetherpunk - Victorian Era Steampunk game - LGBT Friendly

Started by Crash, November 14, 2017, 08:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Kaia

~ Who cares what and who we are as long as we no longer break ~

Peripherie

Have any characters with sticky fingers yet?

If possible I'd like to stake my claim for Lindsey Sterling as a thief fronting as a traveling entertainer.

*let's Lindsey cross fingers for her*

I'm home sick but I'll work on a sheet later.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

HairyHeretic

WIP sheet

Name: Wu Kuai
Player: Hairyheretic
Concept:  Wandering fangshi (exorcist) / rogue
Trouble:  May you live in interesting times
The laws of probability seem to laugh at Wu Kuai. If a tile drops from a rooftop, he'll be the one under it. If a girl is running from someone, and runs around a corner, he will be the one she runs into. If a set of dice in a seedy tavern game decide to pick that moment to roll the best possible result 6 times in a row, he'll be the one  throwing them.
In a previous life, Wu Kuai was a great hero. Fu Xing wants to help him become the hero he is meant to be, so keeps nudging Wu into 'heroic' situations. However, since in all things there must be a balance, this means he gets more than his fair share of adversity. But overcoming adversity is what makes a hero, right?
Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight
On’s: As player (will add others as needed)
Off’s: As player (will add others as needed)

National Affiliation and Ancestry: <What is your nationality and what Nation are you currently a part of?  How do you feel about your country?>

Appearance: Wu Kuai is of average height and build, though his life keeps him in good (if frequently sore) physical condition. His hair would reach halfway down his back if loose, but he tends to keep it bound up, as it is less likely to get in the way then. His skin shows the complexion of one who spends all day outdoors, and frequently in all weathers.

He wears a much abused black chang pao, marked with mystical symbols, and worn by countless miles of road and encounters with supernatural creatures. He has been able to repair the worst of the damage done to it, but would hardly be appropriate for a courtly encounter, or any other kind of high society. The rest of his clothing is equally worn, though he does keep a spare tunic in his pack for the odd occasion he has to make some sort of official meeting. He carries his six demon bag in which he keeps the tools of  his art, along with herbs, potions and assorted other strange items.

His willow sword is strapped at his back, his dagger at his belt, and his staff in his hand as he walks along.

Personality: Wu Kuai is a firm believer in hard work, at least when it is being done by other people. He would much prefer a quiet, easy, comfortable life. Instead he roams the countryside, saving people from ghosts, bandits and monsters, and asking himself ten times a day just how he ended up in such a situation.

He is fairly friendly and easy going for the main, but when dealing with a crisis it almost seems another person has taken his place. Fu Xing would say, if anyone were there to listen, that this is Wu Kuai's true nature coming to the fore, and simply needs more encouragement to remain there.

Wu Kuai would have a lot more colourfull things to say about said encouragement, as it usually ends up with him battered, bruised, bleeding and exhausted.

He is loyal to his friends, though as a wanderer, he finds it hard to keep those.

Background: Wu Kuai has a hundred stories about his past, some of which may even be true. He claims to be the illegitimate son of a high noble from his country, raised by monks in a temple to protect him from jealous family who would seek his life, and others who would seek to use his blood to replace his family in their position of power. He also claims he can see spirits, read the future and drive away angry ghosts.

He says quite a lot of things. Some of which may even be true.

After leaving the monestary where he was raised (left there as a baby by a hard faced man who then vanished into the night), Wu spent several years wandering the lands, doing odd jobs and menial work. Not having the coin for a room for the night, he took shelter from a storm in a 'haunted' ruin (the villagers told him not to, but would he listen?). It was not to be a quiet night.

It started with the arrival of a crazed old stranger (a venerable Fangshi), and was rapidly followed by assorted antics with a love lorn ghost, assorted unquiet dead and a hopping vampire. Come the morning, he had had a crash course in the Fangshi's arts, and was gifted with his 6 demon bag, which also contains the slightly deranged journal of his 'master', who made him swear to continue the Fangshi's noble calling, because 'his chi is strong'. Ever since that time, he has Fu Xings gaze upon him, and life has never been the same since.

His journey to San Francisco all began in Shanghai.

Wu was used to Fu Xing expressing his divine amusement, but it seemed that night he was in an especially giving mood. Having been in no less than three taven fights (two due to dice, one due to drunken idiot mistaking him for someone else), Wu wanted only to find somewhere quiet to sleep and nurse his assorted bruises. Unfortunately that was when the young women ran into and over him. The trio of black clad figures who rounded the corner next thought he was with her and immediately attacked him, not even listening to his protests. Fu Xing decided to keep watching this most entertaining street theatre, which left Wu with even more bruises, the girl vanished, a strange medallion left behind and wondering just what that last idiot had meant when he had apparently recognised Wu ("You! It cannot be!") just before the accidentally impaling himself on his own poisoned knife in the struggle.

Sore and tired, Wu hid himself in a crate in a warehouse, and woke up some 12 hours later, loaded into a transport en route to Singapore. Of course, retelling the story later it came to encompass three different sets of pirates, one typhoon, a shipwreck and being carried by sea turtles.

Wu Kuai is not above occasionally 'finding' a ghost, unquiet spirit or similar issue in a village, but only if he has not had anything to eat in a few days.

Know For:  Is your character know for something?  In what circles are they known?
Tao of the Six Directions: Wu is known for being almost supernaturally agile, able to leap higher and further than his frame would imply. Stories that he once ran across a washing line he laughs off as exaggeration.
Tao of Ten Thousand Hands: Trouble seems not only to follow Wu, but politely have already arranged to be waiting somewhere when he arrives. As a result he has learned to fight with anything. If he can pick it up, throw it, or throw someone into it, it's a weapon.
Alchemy: Wu's old master (more or less) had a book that collected all his wisdom, the secrets of both internal and external alchemy, which he passed along when he died. Now, if only Wu could make sense of more than a fraction of it, he would be getting somewhere. He has picked up a few tricks though.
Exorcism: Wu has found these writings surprisingly understandable, and has mastered a variety of the Exorcists arts ... usually become some horrible thing has been trying to eat his face at the time. On the other hand, people tend to be very grateful once you have banished the offending spirits.
Drunken style kung fu: Wu has become a fairly accomplished practitioner of this style. Mostly because he keeps getting attacked while trying to have a drink, or forget his troubles.

Goals: Is a quiet and peaceful life of riches and beautiful women really so much to ask for?

Plots: What kind of stuff do you want your character to get into? You ask that like Wu has any choice in the matter? Fu Xing simply smiles.

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Crash

Quote from: Miss Kaia on November 15, 2017, 02:47:55 AM
I can'at find the FC's name...is that a problem?

Not a problem.  And she is adorable.

Quote from: Peripherie on November 15, 2017, 05:17:01 AM
Have any characters with sticky fingers yet?

If possible I'd like to stake my claim for Lindsey Sterling as a thief fronting as a traveling entertainer.

*let's Lindsey cross fingers for her*

I'm home sick but I'll work on a sheet later.

We do not have a sticky finger and yes you can claim Lindsey.  I hope you feel better!

@Hairy - Looks good to me!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Fury Aphrodisia

I'm getting so excited for this. I haven't sussed out my modifications yet, but I'm gonna talk to Phoenix first and see what's up.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Crash

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on November 15, 2017, 09:15:03 AM
I'm getting so excited for this. I haven't sussed out my modifications yet, but I'm gonna talk to Phoenix first and see what's up.

I’m glad you are.

I would talk to Dhi, too, since you all have some mechanical bent.

Fury Aphrodisia

Yessar! Do we have a character sheet thread, yet? As soon as I see character sheets, I'm gonna try to take a look and see what we all come up with.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Crash

Accepted Character sheets: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=278236.msg13674309#msg13674309

We actually have big board status already from the original game so feel free to poke around the new threads there.

Fury Aphrodisia

Okay! I will get mods up on Min for final approval ASAP.

SWASH! Oooh, yay, I've been looking for an excuse to write with him.

Crash

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on November 15, 2017, 09:41:28 AM

Just call me the wish granter then. ;)

TheLaughingOne

uurrrggghhh!!! I wanna go get fixins to make my pizza!! But i wanna stay and work out my character!!!! nnnnnnuuuuuu!!!!!!
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on November 15, 2017, 09:45:34 AM
uurrrggghhh!!! I wanna go get fixins to make my pizza!! But i wanna stay and work out my character!!!! nnnnnnuuuuuu!!!!!!

*perks* pizza??????? GIFF!!!!!! I havent had pizza in months

TheLaughingOne

Homemade pizza... fresh dough, good basily sauce (medium to light) deep dish pan style. pepperoni, blackolives, and roast garlic. Lots of Mozz cheese. Good stuff to... ;3
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Fury Aphrodisia

Actually, Crash, you kinda are. Whatever the reason, I've been the recipient of bad luck enough that you or I always seem to need to back out of opportunities to play in the same games, despite having expressed interest. Sometimes, it's just real life getting in the way or whatever, but I've been on the lookout for a chance to write across from you, too, as well as about half a dozen other people in this thread, too. So, you've managed to grant me so many goodies by bringing together some frankly wonderful people.

Thanks for that.

Sara Nilsson

I hate you laughing one.. so much... so so very much *grumbles*

now I crave pizza.. wait.. its 5 bucks for large pizza day at the local pizza place today

HairyHeretic

Crash, would a degree of wu xia be out of place? I'm thinking internal chi development that results in feats of athletics and balance that would be beyond the norm? Not flying or running on water level stuff, more Olympic level performance?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Considering what Rin Sakamoto is capable of, I'm sure that's fine, haha.

Madame Professor

I shall post my characters in the thread this evening.

Should I bring back Yuri?
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

TheLaughingOne

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on November 15, 2017, 10:00:24 AM
I hate you laughing one.. so much... so so very much *grumbles*

now I crave pizza.. wait.. its 5 bucks for large pizza day at the local pizza place today

*Would Totes send Sara a Fiver to get a pizza!!*
My Ons and Offs!

Sara Nilsson

*giggles*

They open in 6 minutes.. No i am not looking at the clock ^^

Crash

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on November 15, 2017, 09:59:26 AM
Actually, Crash, you kinda are. Whatever the reason, I've been the recipient of bad luck enough that you or I always seem to need to back out of opportunities to play in the same games, despite having expressed interest. Sometimes, it's just real life getting in the way or whatever, but I've been on the lookout for a chance to write across from you, too, as well as about half a dozen other people in this thread, too. So, you've managed to grant me so many goodies by bringing together some frankly wonderful people.

Thanks for that.

Wow thank you for that. I am always surprised when someone says they have wanted to write with me.

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 15, 2017, 10:05:47 AM
Crash, would a degree of wu xia be out of place? I'm thinking internal chi development that results in feats of athletics and balance that would be beyond the norm? Not flying or running on water level stuff, more Olympic level performance?

I think that would be fine.  It still has a pulp feel to it.

Quote from: Madame Professor on November 15, 2017, 10:25:00 AM
Should I bring back Yuri?

If you want to sure.

Peripherie

Are we supposed to submit characters for approval here? (Sorry to Crash if I missed a direction to PM it.)

Name: Simone Berghius
Player: Peripherie
Concept: An unapologetic thief who hides her mischief behind the tune of her violin and the sway of her rear!
Trouble: Running from everyone who she ever stole from, especially a certain ex-fiance who may have been relieved of both his airship and his cat.
Sex: Female
Orientation: Bisexual
On’s: See player O/O's; Simone loves adrenaline, danger, and gifts acquired through ill-gotten gains. Corrupting good people and going for wild rides are big turn ons for her. She likes rough and tumble men and smart/conniving women. 
Off’s: See player O/O's; The quickest way to dampen her interest is to spoil her fun. Other offs: horridly bad hygiene, blood, and roughness that leaves marks.

National Affiliation and Ancestry: Born in Northwest America to a roaming grifter family; has distant Romani roots steaming from Northern Europe. She would be loyal to her family if they were still alive. She trusts no one.

Appearance:
Hair: Mix of red/brown
Eyes: Green
Height: 5’4”
Weight: 115 lbs

Personality: Bold and boisterous, Simone is able to be the life of the party one minute and the sneaky mouse stealing your pocket watch the next. She enjoys a good brawl and excitement - quiet times will find her looking bored and longing for the next 'job'. Always one to help if asked, she is going to have her hand out by the end for payment. Fairly light-hearted, it is possible to get on her bad side but she rarely gets furious. That being said, she isn't above revenge on those who have done her wrong (especially if by doing her wrong they actually uphold the law). Her favorite kind of violence is the kind happening to and by someone else. Simone is a big flirt with both men and women but she can still be picky with her bedmates and has a 'love 'em and leave 'em' attitude. She has a sweet face which will sometimes attracts "goody goodies" who will try to reform her but they usually just help finance her next escape. Her personal motto: "Life is too shor... no, I don't know where your money clip is."

Background: Simone grew up with a patchwork of family members that all came and went with the wind. Born and raised to steal from the time she could grasp a rattle, they moved around quite a bit. Hell, Simone Berghius isn't even her given name, just the one she last remembers using. Her older brother Frederick was the only stable adult in her life and she strains to remember much about her ma or pa. Born in the Northeast she didn't have a concept of a home beyond the random spot where you slept each night. Things weren't all bad - she was fed, clothed, kept warm, and taught enough to read - both words and a music sheet. Everything else is just trappings and can be stolen from you in a heartbeat. And that is exactly what happened to Simone right before her 18th birthday. She doesn't talk about it much but her brother got caught up in a bank heist and was shot. The rest of her family scattered after that and Simone followed a nice, handsome (and well to do) man to Boston. She was content to enjoy his attentions up until they were due to walk down the aisle. Needless to say, the gentlemen was soon left tied up with his own cumberbund in the powder room as Simone, his ring, his ship (and first mate), and a very spooked calico were on their way to Atlanta. She dodged the law down the East Coast, finally settling in New Orleans for a time. A series of very unfortunate accidents and it was a good thing the jailer thought her rump looked better in her bed than behind bars. Now in San Francisco she is looking for a place to drink and play her violin, and a rented room with a hidden space for her soon to have acquisitions. 

Known For: She does her best to not be known. She most recently escaped from jail in New Orleans and has come out West to "lay low", which probably won't happen. Any local contacts would be wary of her hands and their pockets when near. She will steal from anyone if the price is right and never vows loyalty or commitment.

Goals: She generally doesn't have her horizons set out very far. She worries about what she can steal and then who she can fence things to. Coming to San Francisco is a chance to start fresh with a new pool of marks! Ultimately it might be nice to have some close confidants but she is of no illusion - she's just as likely to truss someone up as she is to trust them.

Plots: She would be good to have in a con job and likely to gravitate to seedy establishments. She is a well trained musician and entertainer. Romance and dalliances are always welcome!
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Swashbuckler

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on November 15, 2017, 09:41:28 AM

:-[  no excuse needed!!!

Crash

Peripherie - I love her. Totally approved.  Go ahead and post her.