「MOON PRIDE」(Interest Check)

Started by Saphir, December 14, 2014, 03:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Angie

Okay, for the Chain: Think about it. It is a long, metal chain called the "Love Me" chain. I want you to think about it, then after you've thought about it, add "you know, for kids" to the end of it.

The original dub was absolutely horrible. I've only heard two that are worse. One of them is the "Jersey" dub of Akira (where all the characters sound like they're from New Jersey) and I will not speak of the other.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

ReijiTabibito

The dub also made a rather excellent (if unintentional) joke on Makoto's part when it translated one particular episode where they were putting on a school performance of Cinderella.

SweetSerenade

All of it.

I watched teh dubbed only for a year or two. Then it was just the manga and subs.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Angie

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on December 18, 2014, 07:22:44 PM
The dub also made a rather excellent (if unintentional) joke on Makoto's part when it translated one particular episode where they were putting on a school performance of Cinderella.

That's the line about the most 'talent' when the camera is focused on her chest, yes?

Saphir

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on December 18, 2014, 07:04:38 PM
Speaking of Venus, how much like Minako is Koko going to be, Saphir?  I remember her being...somewhat fella-crazy in the show.

Well Koko is the senshi of love and beauty...she very much appreciates good looking men like Minako. I'm already anticipating the many nosebleeds she will get. >.<

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on December 18, 2014, 07:06:29 PM
And also I wonder how we shall decide the contestations of characters?

Brazen and I are pretty much going to be comparing personalities, powers and backstory. And see who fits best. Especially personalities. Tis why I asked those who only listed traits to beef up that section with more description of who they are as a person.

Quote from: Angiejuusan on December 18, 2014, 07:07:17 PM

I love that Chain-everytime it comes up I always call out "You know, for kids!"

8-)

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Saphir on December 18, 2014, 07:27:40 PM
Brazen and I are pretty much going to be comparing personalities, powers and backstory. And see who fits best. Especially personalities. Tis why I asked those who only listed traits to beef up that section with more description of who they are as a person.

Which is a good thing, I think.  Hyena?  Why're you asking about this, anyways?

Karasu

yea.. I know I'll if they start comparing sheets.. I know I'm the weaker here..
Removed, due to vandalism.

SweetSerenade

I do not think it is about the quantity on the sheet, but enough detail that they can figure out compatibility.

Saphir

Quote from: SweetSerenade on December 18, 2014, 07:51:24 PM
I do not think it is about the quantity on the sheet, but enough detail that they can figure out compatibility.

Correct. -highfives Sweets-

SweetSerenade

Karasu

yea.. quality aint what my sheet has either.. it sums things.. I tried tobe detailed with it.. but it's not my strongest point.. v.v
Removed, due to vandalism.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Karasu on December 18, 2014, 08:05:03 PM
yea.. quality aint what my sheet has either.. it sums things.. I tried tobe detailed with it.. but it's not my strongest point.. v.v

Trust me, I have seen worse. If the Gms are ok with it, and you want - I can help you figure out how to work a little more on your profile? Teach you some of my tricks of the trade... so you can feel more confident in yourself and your profiles. :D

Whether or not you get the position, at least you'll have a new skill?

ReijiTabibito

Okay.  Here goes nothing.  Putting together my sheet starting now.

SHEET CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION, COME BACK LATER.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: 林 真彦 (Masahiko Hayashi)
Blood Type: A+
Height: 167cm
Weight: 69 kg

Physical Appearance:
Despite being the Knight of Jupiter, Masahiko lacks the towering height build that some might expect to come from the biggest planet in the solar system.  He’s certainly taller than most girls – though the tall ones can see eye to eye with him – but he’s a bit short in terms of walking with his fellow Knights.  None of that stops him from being attractive, though.  His hair is brown, a dark coppery shade of it.  Masahiko’s striking eyes are most certainly green, an emerald tone as lush as all the leaves that adorn forest in the wilds of Japan.  His build lends him a sort of wiry fitness: he’s not musclebound and bulging, but neither does appear as one of those girly-boys that you can snap like a twig.  If you asked him, though, he’d tell you he’s got an absurdly long torso for someone of his height.

Hobbies: Writing; Music Remixing; Trivia Games

Favorite Food:
-Omelettes, though he especially likes frittatas and tamagoyaki.
-Apples, usually red ones.
-Instant noodles.  Masahiko has a terrible weakness for them.
-Chicken, particularly karaage-style.  (Though you might catch him eating General Tso's at the mall food court.)

Least Favorite Food:
-Brussel sprouts
-Coconut

Favorite Subject: Literature
Least Favorite Subject: Health

Personality:
Masahiko's personality can be summarized in three words: dependable; gallant; true.  Of course, the boy himself is a bit more complex than that, and therefore deserves a more substantial explanation than just a trio of adjectives. Masahiko learned to be dependable from a lifetime of having expectations to live up to, the highest of which have almost always been his own.  He’s strong against the influence of others (but that we’ll come to that in a bit), but when he agrees to do something, he does it, making every effort to ensure that whatever he signed himself up for gets done.  Run out to the store to grab something for Mom?  Sure, he can do that.  Help the club get set up for the school’s yearly cultural festival?  He’ll be there.  Pick up his next-door neighbor’s youngest child from school?  No problem.

His gallant nature comes from being raised by his father, and then his grandfather when Dad transferred overseas.  Granddad was a traditionalist-type, with a strong focus of “you are a boy.  And boys protect girls.  Always.”  This isn’t to say that he’s easily duped and can be manipulated by just any girl that comes along.   Part of that was learning to recognize who behaved like a girl and who didn’t, and defining both.  As he got older, that sense developed beyond just the female species.  It dovetails in with his reliability, making him the person to come to someone’s rescue whenever trouble is had.

True.  What is true?  The dictionary defines it as “real or genuine.”  Ages could be spent debating this question, but for Masahiko, it means two things.  One is to show who he is, always, without hiding behind any walls.  And the other is to be true to himself.  This is where his resistance to being strong-armed into doing things comes from.  Masahiko heard the quote in his Foreign Literature class, and his writing of it sits on his desk at home: “This above all: to thine own self be true.”  Masahiko cannot, will not allow himself to, be changed by anyone other than himself.

Background:
Masahiko is the firstborn child of Kaname and Susumu Hayashi.  (At least, he is now.)  For the first handful of years of his life, Masahiko grew as most children did.  That changed when he was six, his mother was pregnant with his younger brother (Ayumu), and his dad’s company transferred him overseas for what was supposed to be a six-month assignment of finishing work on a new downtown office building overseas.  The building was, is, done – construction finished about a month after the six-month period that was promised – but then they were commissioned for another building, and another, and another…Masahiko keeps it to himself, but part of him does think that something is keeping his father away from home.  Nevertheless, when Susumu left for his initial assignment, his grandfather (mother’s side), moved in and took up the responsibility of raising Masahiko.  Granddad traced his lineage back to a Shogunate-era samurai clan (albeit a minor one), and was a strong traditionalist in his approach to upbringing the oldest child.  Ayumu has been allowed some leeway because of his ‘second son’ status – he’s more sensitive and artistic than Masahiko (though Granddad has certainly found more old-fashioned mediums to channel that artistic ability into).  Thankfully, half the things that Granddad Hayashi said he had to do in his day never came to pass for either of them, things like kendo or other martial pursuits.  Mainly because by the time he was judged old enough for them, he was a necessity in the house, running errands on behalf of his mother.

It was during one of these errands a few years ago – after he had just gotten into middle school – that Masahiko ran into the middle daughter of the new family down the way from his house.  They were both going to the same supermarket to pick up food to bring back for dinner, and he agreed to help show her how to get there and where to find what she needed.  This daughter was Kaede Minami.  It didn’t take long for the trips to the store and the shows around the neighborhood for what had started out as a simple friendship to progress into a full-blown crush.  Which Masahiko happens to still be nursing even after all these years.  Of course, that everyone but Kaede sees it is taken for granted, as well as the fact that he is similarly blind to her feelings. 

How Masahiko got there is obvious – Kaede is a girl, pretty, someone new in his life, and came into it just at the time boys and girls stop thinking they’re icky and start thinking they’re cute.  How did she get there?  Simple.  On one of those trips to the store, the two of them were stopped by a group of not-so-nice girls from school, who had some things to say to the new girl.  Masahiko stepped in, between her and the pack of girls.  Kaede ran after that point, ran home to get her parents and his.  By the time they showed up, the girls were gone and a very bruised and battered Masahiko was found near where the confrontation had started.  The girls never bothered her again after that.  And now, always, whenever Kaede’s in trouble, she’s found that Masahiko is right there, saving her even if it means getting beat up.

Things for the last few years of his life have been going pretty regularly for Masahiko.  But this is the year everything changes, and he’s got to be ready…

---

Senshi/Knight Identity: Jupiter Knight

Equipment/Weapons:

Teletia S-C: Standard phone/communication device between Senshi and Knights.

Jupiter Quasar Watch: Knight Henshin device for the Knight of Jupiter.  Resembles a watch with a green light-up inset.  Requires the activation phrase "Jupiter Quasi-Power, Armor Up!"

Jupiter Thunder Hammer:  The signature weapon of the Knight of Jupiter - it takes the shape of a massive warhammer.  Only those judged to have sufficient protective instinct may even attempt to pick it up, otherwise it is simply too heavy.  And no one but either the Senshi or Knight of Jupiter can wield it in only one hand.  Required for most of the attacks of Jupiter's Knight.

Attacks:
Call the Thunder - Electrifies the Jupiter Thunder Hammer, adding a strong shock property to its crushing blows.

Thunder Lance - Projectile attack.  Sends a single large bolt of lightning into an indicated target.  Does not require the Jupiter Thunder Hammer.

Tesla Snare - Not an attack, but a binding move.  Encircles the target with a loop of electricity.  Does not require the Jupiter Thunder Hammer.

Rolling Thunder - A swinging move that sends electricity out in a short arc in front of the Hammer's swing path.  Requires Call the Thunder to be cast first.

Twice-Striking Lightning - Sends a line of electricity along the ground to the intended target, which then jumps to the nearest enemy after it has damaged the initial target.

Reap the Whirlwind  - The Thunder Hammer's most powerful attack.  Sends a ten-meter high, twenty-meter wide wall of electricity charging forward from where the Thunder Hammer struck the ground.  Requires Call the Thunder to already be cast upon the hammer.

Weaknesses:
-Instant Noodles (See Masahiko.  See noodles.  See Masahiko eat noodles.  And eat noodles and eat noodles and eat...)
-Kaede (Masahiko has a terrible crush on her. He would do almost anything to protect her, as he always has.)
-Earth (Jupiter controls lightning.)

--
Turn Ons & Offs:

Theme Song:

SweetSerenade

I am super excited to see some generals :D

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on December 18, 2014, 07:43:26 PM
Which is a good thing, I think.  Hyena?  Why're you asking about this, anyways?

Because Im vying for Venus Knight.

Saphir

Say what you will about the DiC dub of Sailor Moon....it butchered the original anime...but I loved a lot of the music they produced for it. Don't be surprised if some of the tracks appear on the RP soundtrack.

...Oh yeah, I'm making an OST track listing for this game cause music drives the muse. 8D

ReijiTabibito

Oh, right.  I saw your application.  I can't say anything, because I'm not the GM, but I was impressed by it and its attention to detail.

Also, gah...forgot how symbolism-laden the names in Sailor Moon are.

MiraMirror

* ThatOneShrroth is working on Kitty #2.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Laughing Hyena

Sheet is edited and ready. Or at least as well as i can make it.

Angie

Quote from: SweetSerenade on December 18, 2014, 08:22:59 PM
I am super excited to see some generals :D

I was hoping Saphir wouldn't blow the fact that I was interested-i kinda wanted it to be a massive shock to everyone, but I ain't angry at all. I will say this: if I do play a General...it's going to be interesting.

ReijiTabibito

Quick question for Saphir and Shrroth.  How'd you get your picture to float right like that?  I don't think that was in the profile formatting you had in the OP.

MiraMirror

Quote from: Angiejuusan on December 18, 2014, 08:58:34 PM
I was hoping Saphir wouldn't blow the fact that I was interested-i kinda wanted it to be a massive shock to everyone, but I ain't angry at all. I will say this: if I do play a General...it's going to be interesting.

Er...but you more or less said you were submitting a general on the first page. :x

Edit for Reiji: Use "
" around the image tags. (Use a slash before the second floatright)

Alternatively, just click "Quote" and copy the code for it. =p
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Angie

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on December 18, 2014, 09:00:49 PM
Er...but you more or less said you were submitting a general on the first page. :x

Edit for Reiji: Use "
" around the image tags. (Use a slash before the second floatright)

Alternatively, just click "Quote" and copy the code for it. =p
I believe I said I was interested in potentially doing evil. I try to shroud my villains in mystery. *waves hands while shouting SHROUD OF MYSTERY*

SweetSerenade

There is a reason I am interested in Generals... just saying... XD