Dark Side of The Rainbow

Started by TheLivingWonder, September 10, 2009, 10:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLivingWonder

I have really been wanting to try out an Alice in Wonderland type game for a long time now, but this idea came to me a few days ago and I haven't been able to shake it since.

Dark Side of The Rainbow would basically be The Wizard of Oz, but set in a dramatically darker, more twisted, sexually depraved realm of chaos and lust. There really isn't any end to the kinds of kinky, freaky things that could be involved here, and I'm really hoping to find someone who's interested in expressing their own vision of this dark world with me.

I'd want to play the character role of Dorothy, but I'm thinking all the actual characters themselves should be re-created, and re-imagined so as to reflect the change in setting and theme.

Hopefully I get some nibbles. ;D

Jack Stalker

Have you seen 'Tin Man' It's not sexually depraved, but it is a darker spin on the Wizard of Oz.

Are you talking about darker versions of the Scarecrow, Lion and Tin man...

Maybe a rampaging violent and beastly 'Lion'.

A cold hard calculating 'Tin man' Robot

and a mindless zombie like 'Scarerow'?

TheLivingWonder

I never actually saw it on tv, but I heard great things about it. Basically I just wanted to sort of take that same position and tell a more original, darker version of the Oz we all know and love.

I like the idea of the characters you mentioned, that sounds perfect, and the beauty is that there really is an entire world of Oz out there and up for interpretation.

Jack Stalker

It was the Wizard of OZ but they certainly put their own spin on things.

It was different but you could see the core story elements shining through.

I'm afraid my precise recollection of the Wizard of Oz is hazy (I don't watch it every christmas LOL!) But I have the general gist of it.

Do you want to
A) Check out my on/offs
b) Maybe think about a group angle? Maybe others playing different dark characters?

I'll give it a shot, PM me if interested. ;)

Jack Stalker

Yep, definitely interested. You post the start thread! :-)

yardleyto

I am interested in playing a charecter in this tale.

Kate

ditto this sounds amazing (this is posted in the one on one solo though)

did you want to rp this with another or as a group thing ?

TheLivingWonder

Before anyone was really interested I had considered a group game, but I'm thinking now that me and Jack have things nailed down a bit, that the solo style works perfectly. If you have any other ideas though, I'd love to hear them. I'm always open for a new game with someone. :)

tarlbindo1862

Sounds absolutely fantastic. I so want in.