Interest Check - "Once Upon a Time" group story (Always recruiting!)

Started by Aislinn, February 20, 2016, 11:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonDoom

As mentioned earlier, I'm fine with Henry not existing, I just prefer he wasn't somehow aged up if he did. That'd just feel ... awkward and unnecessary to me.

I usually just default to the 'worst' board, so to speak, to account for any possibilities that might come up as things go on, whether the actual game itself is (strictly or usually) light or not. I'm fine with whatever the majority wants.  :-)
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Kokaine

Quote from: Kokaine on March 19, 2016, 01:44:05 AM
I kinda like this idea. She could have run after eating Peter... And then maybe someone came to slay the beast and that set into motion the events that led to her getting freed. I'd leave that part vague though just so I don't have to railroad a potential character that someone might want to play later. But yeah, Red under someone else's control for a bit? Scary xD

Realized how this could be read and wanted to clarify that by 'slay the beast' I meant slay the wolf.

Quote from: AlphaWolfQuin on March 19, 2016, 11:33:25 AM
Sorry for disappearing guys. I just got caught up with the discussion and if everyone is alright with it. I wouldn't mind playing Henry at any age (preferably older like it was suggested but I could play him younger) I have experience playing younger PG roles within adult stories so for me it would be quite easy a lot of my characters that I've played in the past have children under the age of 16 who never even get close to any adult content, so much so that if a thread has adult content in it, I won't post for my younger characters in that thread until the adult scene is over and the thread has moved on into a different scene (Assuming it's multiple threads of course).

I am still very much interested in this group and was thinking of possibly taking up the role of Robin Hood(If he's available still) or making an OC, perhaps a werewolf that's part of Ruby's pack if the character playing her and GM of group would be alright with that. I have a whole list of OC's that could possibly fit into the group and they're all different species, ages, and genders (including gender fluent and trans characters as well). This thread sparked my muse and I'm really looking forward to playing I absolutely love Once and I've been waiting for something like this to come along ;D

I dunno what you and the GM have worked out but just for the record I have no objections to there being a packmate of Ruby's around.

Quote from: VonDoom on March 20, 2016, 02:58:19 PM
As mentioned earlier, I'm fine with Henry not existing, I just prefer he wasn't somehow aged up if he did. That'd just feel ... awkward and unnecessary to me.

I usually just default to the 'worst' board, so to speak, to account for any possibilities that might come up as things go on, whether the actual game itself is (strictly or usually) light or not. I'm fine with whatever the majority wants.  :-)

+1 to all of this.

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Flower

I rather he not be a part of the story. I feel like either he's there or not is the best approach. However, it's not a deal breaker for me.

VonDoom

Quote from: Kokaine on March 20, 2016, 03:17:52 PM
QuoteI kinda like this idea. She could have run after eating Peter... And then maybe someone came to slay the beast and that set into motion the events that led to her getting freed. I'd leave that part vague though just so I don't have to railroad a potential character that someone might want to play later. But yeah, Red under someone else's control for a bit? Scary xD

Realized how this could be read and wanted to clarify that by 'slay the beast' I meant slay the wolf.

Whoops, just realized I neglected to reply to this! Glad you like the idea. It wouldn't be Rumpel if he wasn't messing up with every major character's past life somehow.  ;D

O&O

AlphaWolfQuin

I'm happy either way haha. I just wanted to offer up the idea if it came down to everyone wanting him as a part of the story. I haven't sent any character sheets in yet but I plan too soon I have a good idea of what type of character I'd like to play. I'll probably stick to one for now and if it's alright I'd like to make an OC gonna message the GM in a bit with the info and see if he'll fit in alright.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash

Bibliophilia

I'm thinking over how Beast's curse works.  I think it would be more fun if he was cursed by one of the canon evil characters, Maleficent, Regina, or Rumple.  And, I'm trying to decide whether I want him to be a werewolf-type beast, or, possibly, make him a bear-type creature.  Possibly Mor'du, or the bear from Goldilocks...there are plenty of stories to choose from, to sort of integrate him more into the lore, the way they did on the show with all the other characters.

Any thoughts or suggestions, guys?

VonDoom

Perhaps some manner of dragon, since we already have a definite werewolf in Ruby and another potentially in Quin?

In the 19th-century tale[citation needed] of "Prince Lindworm" (also "King Lindworm"), from Scandinavian folklore, a "half-man half-snake" lindworm is born, as one of twins, to a queen, who, in an effort to overcome her childless situation, has followed the advice of an old crone, who tells her to eat two onions. She did not peel the first onion, causing the first twin to be a lindworm. The second twin is perfect in every way. When he grows up and sets off to find a bride, the lindworm insists that a bride be found for him before his younger brother can marry. Because none of the chosen maidens are pleased by him, he eats each until a shepherd's daughter who spoke to the same crone is brought to marry him, wearing every dress she owns. The lindworm tells her to take off her dress, but she insists he shed a skin for each dress she removes. Eventually his human form is revealed beneath the last skin. Some versions of the story omit the lindworm's twin, and the gender of the soothsayer varies. A similar tale occurs in C.S. Lewis' novel The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindworm#Lindworms_in_tales

Very close to Beauty and the Beast, even.

O&O

Aiden

Light - Small Groups - Exotic

Sounds good to me, in the vent something comes up that would be flagged extreme, then those writers can either move their scene to a extreme solo off shoot or a group thread in the section. I have a pet peeve of people flagging their games in extreme and said content never even makes it into the game.

Bibliophilia

Going dragon-esque would also make more sense if it was Maleficent who cursed him.  -nods.-  I'm not torn between a dragon-type or a bear-type beast.

Ember Star

I'm fairly neural on the Henry subject.

As for the board, personally I'd like to see this in NC or Bondage. As I believe that with all the dark or sketchy characters, somehow vanilla seems too mild. But if the majority go with Light, I shalt complain. After all, it being in NC or Bondage would require people being comfortable there. I do think my character would enjoy a little consensual bondage or something close to it. Personally I actually think Extreme is too much. Although I'm not against the Extreme board, there's no reason to go there unless there's gonna be things like bestiality, urine, vore, etc, you get the picture. Even furries, anthros or humanoid beasts, like for example the cartoon version of Beast, fall into the Exotic board.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Bibliophilia

Flower

Thread placement does not matter to me! Also, Biblios, I don't mind Millie doing something particularly nasty to Beast in the past. Let me know if you want to go that route! No pressure. <3

Bibliophilia

I would love it if Millie was the one who cursed him.  I've pretty much settled on having him be more bear-like in his Beastness, but I don't see any reason why Millie wouldn't curse someone that way.

Clio

I think the Henry "in passing" works. Not actually having him in the story, but mentioning him if necessary to move the story forward. As for the beast, I think my vote is for the bear type, but that's just me.

As for the category, I think extreme would be too far, but light might be a tad limiting. I'm with Ember on Bon or NC. Personally, I think NC might be preferable. We do have villains after all, and we can always label them as a warning if NC is too extreme for some. Just my opinion.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Flower

Quote from: Bibliophilia on March 20, 2016, 07:36:03 PM
I would love it if Millie was the one who cursed him.  I've pretty much settled on having him be more bear-like in his Beastness, but I don't see any reason why Millie wouldn't curse someone that way.

Yea, her curses are flexible so I don't think it's a stretch from her canon abilities. And given she has plenty of reasons to loathe the world, she wouldn't hesitate to ensure someone else was just as miserable.

Sergeant

Hey guys, hope I am not too late into the game but I really want to say I am very interested in this!

I'd like to go with a non-canon character if that is all right? Seeing as Aiden is wanting to play Scar, I'd go with something along those lines as well when creating mine.

What if there was somebody else, like an uncle or big brother/cousin that would take the place of Henry? Depending how you are planning to get Emma into Storybrooke, that could be an easy fix without needing Henry. If so, I'd be willing to play this character if permitted.

I'm totally going to just let my mind run wild with an idea, if you completely dislike it I have no trouble switching it into somebody with no ties to Emma nor Snow/Prince Charming; As a member of the Charming family, MC was put in the position to figure out a way to get (then still unborn) baby Emma somewhere safely before the curse could take over. Having nowhere else to go MC turn to Rumplestiltskin. We all know Rumple always wants something in return, so MC would be indebted to him OR used as some sort of 'slave'. A connection to the Charming family when Rumple couldn't get them personally to sign a deal with him. The curse is done and everybody lost their memory, but since MC is tied to Rumple and Rumple needs him, MC will not suffer from the memory loss either. MC will try and get Emma back to Storybrooke (without Rumple knowing) so she can save the day.

I do think MC will be completely torn between good and evil because of his debt with Rumple. Might even look like the bad seed of the family when the story starts off, I think that could be a lot of fun.

Anyway, hopefully this doesn't sound like too bad of an idea!

Aislinn

Hey everyone....

So I am really reluctant to write this because I still believe this concept could be an amazing story. However, the more I think about it, I don't think I'm the right GM for it. I started getting this feeling a few days ago and was trying to work through it but I really, really don't want to get into the meat of the story and realize that I'm totally uncomfortable with it. That's not fair to the writers that have put so much into it. I think it's better to say so now and see if there is anyway we can save what's already been done.

If someone else is willing to step up to run the game, I will happily send over all the character information that has already been collected.
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Bibliophilia

Aislinn, is your discomfort connected with the level of intensity that we're indicating the sexual aspect of the game may reach?  Because, that shouldn't require GM involvement, and if you would rather keep the main game threads vanilla/mild, then those who want to go more extreme can simply make a solo thread in the forum of their choice.

If having Henry as an NPC makes you uncomfortable, then I think we would all rather make sure you feel comfortable GMing the game, so that we actually get to play in it, than press a basically inconsequential issue that could potentially drive you away.

We just need to know what you need to be happy running the game.

AlphaWolfQuin

Quote from: Bibliophilia on March 20, 2016, 08:04:01 PM
Aislinn, is your discomfort connected with the level of intensity that we're indicating the sexual aspect of the game may reach?  Because, that shouldn't require GM involvement, and if you would rather keep the main game threads vanilla/mild, then those who want to go more extreme can simply make a solo thread in the forum of their choice.

If having Henry as an NPC makes you uncomfortable, then I think we would all rather make sure you feel comfortable GMing the game, so that we actually get to play in it, than press a basically inconsequential issue that could potentially drive you away.

Agreed :)
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash

Ember Star

Quote from: Aislinn on March 20, 2016, 07:54:26 PM
Hey everyone....

So I am really reluctant to write this because I still believe this concept could be an amazing story. However, the more I think about it, I don't think I'm the right GM for it. I started getting this feeling a few days ago and was trying to work through it but I really, really don't want to get into the meat of the story and realize that I'm totally uncomfortable with it. That's not fair to the writers that have put so much into it. I think it's better to say so now and see if there is anyway we can save what's already been done.

If someone else is willing to step up to run the game, I will happily send over all the character information that has already been collected.
I'd offer my experience as a co-GM but I feel that I'm simply not around enough to undertake the responsibility of even a Co-GM. Not that I couldn't help with plotting and such. That's rather easy. But I'd still need someone to take the blunt of the responsibility. If you wanted to work something out to that extent, I'd be happy to. I even have ideas to make Jazz's as interwoven with the world as Rumple, albeit in a different way. She could still be a plot driver..

Also agreed. I'm flexible.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Aislinn

The discomfort is mostly stemmed from the perceived sexual content, yes. I'm an extremely plot-driven writer and the sexual content comes last really. I realized there would be others that were different then I but I apparently didn't take to what extreme into account. My fault completely. The original intent was to have the main thread and then if people wanted interactions with others away from that thread then they were completely free to do so. The only stipulation was to let me know when one of these threads was created so I could link it to the main thread.

The Henry issue I believe is resolved although everyone hasn't had their final say about it.

If we can put the main thread in Light - Small Groups - Exotic....can you put other secondary threads in other categories? I was always under the impression that if the main thread was someplace that all of them did. Then again, this is my first foray into GMing here.

Quote from: Ember Star on March 20, 2016, 08:46:49 PM
I'd offer my experience as a co-GM but I feel that I'm simply not around enough to undertake the responsibility of even a Co-GM. Not that I couldn't help with plotting and such. That's rather easy. But I'd still need someone to take the blunt of the responsibility. If you wanted to work something out to that extent, I'd be happy to. I even have ideas to make Jazz's as interwoven with the world as Rumple, albeit in a different way. She could still be a plot driver..  Also agreed. I'm flexible.

I'm open to whatever arrangement you would be comfortable with. =-) I will pm you and we can chat.

Quote from: PocketWatch on March 20, 2016, 07:44:37 PM
Hey guys, hope I am not too late into the game but I really want to say I am very interested in this!

I'd like to go with a non-canon character if that is all right? Seeing as Aiden is wanting to play Scar, I'd go with something along those lines as well when creating mine.

What if there was somebody else, like an uncle or big brother/cousin that would take the place of Henry? Depending how you are planning to get Emma into Storybrooke, that could be an easy fix without needing Henry. If so, I'd be willing to play this character if permitted.

I'm totally going to just let my mind run wild with an idea, if you completely dislike it I have no trouble switching it into somebody with no ties to Emma nor Snow/Prince Charming; As a member of the Charming family, MC was put in the position to figure out a way to get (then still unborn) baby Emma somewhere safely before the curse could take over. Having nowhere else to go MC turn to Rumplestiltskin. We all know Rumple always wants something in return, so MC would be indebted to him OR used as some sort of 'slave'. A connection to the Charming family when Rumple couldn't get them personally to sign a deal with him. The curse is done and everybody lost their memory, but since MC is tied to Rumple and Rumple needs him, MC will not suffer from the memory loss either. MC will try and get Emma back to Storybrooke (without Rumple knowing) so she can save the day.

I do think MC will be completely torn between good and evil because of his debt with Rumple. Might even look like the bad seed of the family when the story starts off, I think that could be a lot of fun.

Anyway, hopefully this doesn't sound like too bad of an idea!

Hello! Welcome!

I think the issue of Henry is pretty much solved but if you would like to create a non-cannon character that has ties to the Charmings, you are welcome to!

I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Amelita

So... In hopes that this is still on, I wanted to let people know I sent a pm containing one Megara (from Hercules) to Aislinn yesterday :)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Intimate Ink

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I am withdrawing my interest so The Huntsman and Sheriff are open once more.  I look forward to playing with you all in other games when my muse is feeling more cooperative.

Best!

Aislinn

Quote from: Amelita on March 20, 2016, 09:47:19 PM
So... In hopes that this is still on, I wanted to let people know I sent a pm containing one Megara (from Hercules) to Aislinn yesterday :)

I'm operating under the assumption that it is. I did get your pm and will update the list soon. I will be sending everyone pms as well with the edited version of their mini-sheet for their approval. This is the information that will be posted for everyone to reference. I'm keeping it very limited because the best part of a story is finding out everything through interactions so I am trying not to spoil any of the fun!
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Flower

Quote from: Aislinn on March 20, 2016, 09:26:39 PM
The discomfort is mostly stemmed from the perceived sexual content, yes. I'm an extremely plot-driven writer and the sexual content comes last really. I realized there would be others that were different then I but I apparently didn't take to what extreme into account. My fault completely. The original intent was to have the main thread and then if people wanted interactions with others away from that thread then they were completely free to do so. The only stipulation was to let me know when one of these threads was created so I could link it to the main thread.

The Henry issue I believe is resolved although everyone hasn't had their final say about it.

If we can put the main thread in Light - Small Groups - Exotic....can you put other secondary threads in other categories? I was always under the impression that if the main thread was someplace that all of them did. Then again, this is my first foray into GMing here.

Usually,  game threads are in the same section. However, it is not uncommon for players to make threads in different solo sections such as the one shot area or other places if their desired scene content does not fit the board in which the "home" threads are placed.

Either way, happy to see we are pushing forward!