Nothing is Working

Started by King Serperior, May 15, 2014, 09:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Nothing but Internet Explorer.  When I try to do anything else, it pops up a tab of Internet Explorer that pulls up a few other messages that freezes my computer to the point that I need to do an Emergency Shutdown in order to do anything.  I fear I must get a new computer as my current one is old.  I feel I am lucky to even be able to get on here on this thing.  The only other option is to be on my phone   :-\

I don't know what to do.  I don't know computers very well, so I couldn't explain what's happening if I wanted to. 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Kye

It sounds like Malware to me.  There's a free version of Malwarebytes, which removes Malware from your computer.  Some Malware blocks the download of it, but you can try here.  If you can't download it you could get a friend to download the program installer and give it to you on a flash drive.

Note: I am not at all an expert.  I'm simply speaking from my experience with similar issues in the past.

King Serperior

I'll try, but I have been thinking of waiting to see if I can get my brother, a little more computer literate than I am, to take a look first.  Worst case scenario, I go get a new computer.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Bloodied Porcelain

That really does sound like Malware, or a nasty virus. I would boot up in safe mode and download Malware Bites and a few other things and then run them (while still in safe mode). That should hopefully clean out most of it, but when you boot back in regular mode, you'll need to run the cleaner again. Worse case scenario, most PCs have a restore partition (this has been standard for at least ten years) and you can just reinstall windows. You'll loose everything on the PC, but it looks like that might be the case anyway, if you think it's so bad it needs replacing.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

King Serperior

I actually tried doing a full system restore and it kept doing nothing put pulling up a blank IE page with too many taskbars.  Hopefully my brother will be getting back from work soon so he can take a good look at it.  Playing it safe and staying on a phone for now.  I hate being so computer illiterate....

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Thesunmaid

There is nothing wrong with not knowing about computers. I learned what I know about them from people I know and google. If I don't know how to do something google is my friend.

Although if you need a new computer...newegg.com and tigerdirect.com are two good ones. Its where I get all my parts besides a local store we have here if something breaks and i need to get something right away.

I used to know next to nothing about computers and Now I know how to build my own and fix pretty much any errors I might get. :) Although I still suck at coding :)
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few