X-Men Re-imagined - It's back! Still accepting (especially students!)

Started by Orange Marmalade, January 27, 2015, 12:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re Z L

Quote from: TFcommando on February 09, 2015, 11:23:25 PM
Any female characters up for being Ilyanna's best friend/soul mate/likely lover, the way Kitty was for her in the comics? 

I've been picturing her as having been in a more sexually explicit version of Limbo, so she would be pretty forward in advising her friends about sex and trying to get them to hook up.  Might summon naughty tentacles to have fun with too... 😃

Well, there's Nightcrawler!

On a side note, anyone want a room-mate?  ;D
A&A

vatovie

Thought I should talk about this because I think some people might be interested in playing but drawing a blank on character concepts so here it is. The core rulebook for Heroes Unlimited. It allows you to fully random roll a mutant and get a base concept just from rolling. So it's great for ideas and not copyright protected anymore. Here's the link.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2NVrK5kSivJem0tZVlzODlHUWc/view?usp=sharing

TFcommando

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on February 09, 2015, 11:31:18 PM
Just quick bit of info while you're coming up with ideas for her, just so things don't end up messy :)

Keep in mind in this quasi movie-verse-ish setting there's no magic or alternate dimensions. All powers are generally simply mutant based one way or another, and should fit into a slightly more realistic feel. So someone like  Illyanna is definitely possible but will require a lot of rework to fit in.

Oh, it could be easy enough, if she has mutant powers that work like sorcery and/or she uses that as a focus.  Instead all the things that happened with demons and other dimensions being objectively true, they're subjectively true... they happened because she made them happen.

Just go with her saying "I was taken to limbo and corrupted by a demon lord for 7 years before I could escape.  I can never go back there..."  It's a weird and spooky thing with no way to prove (or disprove) it, which fits her being sort of weird and spooky overall.  She might have been a teenager from the start, instead of aging up, even... that'd add to the weirdness of her story.

She sees her mutant powers through a sorcerous lens and they work that way for her.  Maybe she watched some black market hentai anime her brother took home from work and it impacted her a great deal.  So she might have fairy broad reality-warping powers like Legion, but with a limited range and purpose... that'd cover her teleportation, demon summoning, magic sword and armor, etc.

Quote from: Doomsday on February 09, 2015, 11:38:14 PM

Who did you have in mind?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Pumpkin Seeds

Why not just do the astral projection aspect of her powers and maybe put in some delusions as she mixes reality with what she has seen through astral projection.  Could also tie her teleportation ability into that as well.  Be humorous if she believes the sword and armor are magical, but really aren't.  Could say she is seeing glimpses of herself in the future where she does have those items and she is having difficulty separating the future and present.  I think that would make for an interesting character where she can see all these things, but her mind is still wrestling with separating and blending them into the present.

Juggtacular

Quote from: TFcommando on February 10, 2015, 05:36:23 PM
  Maybe she watched some black market hentai anime her brother took home from work and it impacted her a great deal. 

One time. He took it home one time!!

TFcommando

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 10, 2015, 06:30:48 PM
Why not just do the astral projection aspect of her powers and maybe put in some delusions as she mixes reality with what she has seen through astral projection.  Could also tie her teleportation ability into that as well.  Be humorous if she believes the sword and armor are magical, but really aren't.  Could say she is seeing glimpses of herself in the future where she does have those items and she is having difficulty separating the future and present.  I think that would make for an interesting character where she can see all these things, but her mind is still wrestling with separating and blending them into the present.

I like the idea about her sword and armor... Mundane things ths summons up with her teleportation.  Or do an Emma Frost and give her a secondary mutation... Colossus can create organic steel armor, so maybe she can too, a little... Sections of it and a sword.

The problem with seeing the future is that she has to be right about it sometimes, which can be tricky to arrange.

Oh, maybe she was kidnapped, forcibly mentored and warped by a magic-themed mutant villain, like Selene.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TFcommando on February 10, 2015, 10:35:05 PM
I like the idea about her sword and armor... Mundane things ths summons up with her teleportation.  Or do an Emma Frost and give her a secondary mutation... Colossus can create organic steel armor, so maybe she can too, a little... Sections of it and a sword.

The problem with seeing the future is that she has to be right about it sometimes, which can be tricky to arrange.

Oh, maybe she was kidnapped, forcibly mentored and warped by a magic-themed mutant villain, like Selene.

It's probably easier to just dump the precognition entirely or leave it as a GM plot device power. The angle of her being able to create metal is very cool though, and it fits with mutants from the same families having similar powers.

As for her background I would honestly just rewrite it entirely. Playing it as a magic-themed villain kidnapped/trained her is a convenient way to avoid losing the theme and feel of the character, but with the 'everything is mutants' angle nothing is going to really seem magical anyway, so you may as well ditch that and use the opportunity to make something that fits better.

With Cloak I had to pretty much completely redo his background, cutting out all the magical stuff related to d'spayre and Mr. Jip and rewriting jip as just a mutant crime boss with minor reality-manipulating powers, and the Predator as just a psychic entity that may or may not be a subconscious manifestation of his addictive personality.

Orange Marmalade

hunkaroo's Lance is approved!

Looking forward to seeing a version of Illyana come this way too :)

Also we're still open for applicants of most any types, though students new to their powers will have a much easier time of getting through the GM Approval wringer!

TFcommando

Illyanna has so much stuff going on with her powers and background that it can be hard to streamline!

What I'm thinking of is that she's an Alpha-class mutant (not as high as Omega class, like Legion of Proteus) reality warping mutant.  Her power expresses itself as space warping, via her stepping disk teleportation. 

An evil mutant with similar powers, let's say Seline (Perhaps time-based, able to keep herself and her worshippers young, or age people to dust) picks her up as an apprentice.  Reality-warping powers can be used in other ways, but doing that has bad effects (Like how Legion and Proteus are both insane)... She uses sorcery as a mental discipline to keep herself together (though pushing her power still has some side effects... for her, maybe aging and needing to drain people).  The ritual and mental focus is what's important, not the words and symbols in the books.

She has big plans for Illyanna, wanting to merge time and space warping and become unstoppable.  So Illyanna's forced to learn from her, possibly while in a quick time pocket Selene made.  When she presses her powers too much for "spells," demonic features appear on her body, the horns, hooves, tail and such. 

During her forced apprenticeship, she develops a secondary mutation, like Colossus's... she's able to armor part of her body and generate an organic steel "soulsword."  Since it's part of her body, she can put a stepping disk on the edge of it and cut through anything, or maybe just inorganic things.  Using that, she was able to escape and go to the X-mansion.  She might have been 13 when her first powers manifested and she was picked up, and 17 now, though only a few moments passed in the outside world.

Selene's still out there and wants to possess her, and she doesn't talk about what happened to her in those four years of being her "apprentice."

Would that fit?

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Angel Fire

I am really debating of bringing Firestar back.  I have to think about it for a bit though and get back at y'all *Smiles in hope*
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Angel Fire on February 14, 2015, 11:13:04 PM
I am really debating of bringing Firestar back.  I have to think about it for a bit though and get back at y'all *Smiles in hope*

Awesome, you're welcome to bring her back any time of course!

And @TFcommando - I'll shoot you a PM in a moment and we can hash some stuff out! :)

Angel Fire

I guess that I thought about it enough so why not!  Her bio is in the old character list so you can move it to the new one... or should I?
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Angel Fire on February 15, 2015, 12:20:56 AM
I guess that I thought about it enough so why not!  Her bio is in the old character list so you can move it to the new one... or should I?

Glad to have you back!

We still have plenty of room for those still interested as well :)

Orange Marmalade

Just a quick update! We've recently added a few original characters and a Danielle Moonstar as well! Still plenty of room for more. Feel free to check out our forum: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=549.0

TFcommando

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on February 14, 2015, 11:37:21 PM
Awesome, you're welcome to bring her back any time of course!

And @TFcommando - I'll shoot you a PM in a moment and we can hash some stuff out! :)

Still waiting for that PM!
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: TFcommando on March 03, 2015, 12:45:51 PM
Still waiting for that PM!

Woops just sent that off!

If I've missed anyone else please shoot me a PM :)

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on March 03, 2015, 10:48:47 PM
Woops just sent that off!

If I've missed anyone else please shoot me a PM :)

How about just sending a PM? Shooting a Pm might be hazardous to ones health....

towerhouse

Hi there:  I had an idea of a Darwin with a secondary power manifesting that goes in line with the evolution theme:

The two power sets are:
-SURVIVAL-her body automatically adapts to any situation or environment he is placed in, allowing him to survive possibly anything.
  -SEXUAL SELECTION-In order to leave an evolutionary legacy, survival is not enough.  Individuals must also reproduce.  His body will develop traits solely concerned with improving her "display" such as he is an attractive mate.  This can change his sex to a female.

First of all, do you already have a Darwin?  And would this be OK...I have played it in other games and it does not seem OP. 

-TH

On/Offs

Alias

Hello all. I found this thread at 3:30 in the morning, i clearly have a problem, and I took a nap earlier so this is, like, barely weird.

To the point! I am officially moving Bridgette Desjardins to NPC status. So as to make room for a new third PC that I've been thinking of for a little while. More on that third character later depending on what you(OM) think about discarding Bridgette. This felt like a good place to bring it up :)

persephone325

I've been interested in this since I first saw this thread.

Just a matter of creating a character. I'm also not too positive that I would be able to keep up with the post rate. But I feel like my muse is just itching to join.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: towerhouse on April 01, 2015, 02:26:50 AM
Hi there:  I had an idea of a Darwin with a secondary power manifesting that goes in line with the evolution theme:

The two power sets are:
-SURVIVAL-her body automatically adapts to any situation or environment he is placed in, allowing him to survive possibly anything.
  -SEXUAL SELECTION-In order to leave an evolutionary legacy, survival is not enough.  Individuals must also reproduce.  His body will develop traits solely concerned with improving her "display" such as he is an attractive mate.  This can change his sex to a female.

First of all, do you already have a Darwin?  And would this be OK...I have played it in other games and it does not seem OP.

We don't have a Darwin, so that'd be acceptable in general! We do already have a number of those with similar shapeshifting properties as you mention for the second power though.

Quote from: persephone325 on April 07, 2015, 06:27:14 PM

Just a matter of creating a character. I'm also not too positive that I would be able to keep up with the post rate. But I feel like my muse is just itching to join.

Our posting rate is pretty reasonable these days :) Nothing crazily fast paced!

CurvyKitten

So  Sasquatch421 showed me this not to long ago, and I've been debating it for a while. I may be interested in joining if there is really a way to work into the game and so forth.

Re Z L

Oooone of ussss

Quote from: persephone325 on April 07, 2015, 06:27:14 PM

Post rate is pretty relaxed I think...I know I've been pretty slow getting back to a few replies I owe folks   :-[

There's bound to be something out there in the Marvel Universe you may like too, otherwise I like this place for coming up with random super-powers  :)  (just keep clicking "random")
A&A

persephone325

Quote from: Re Z L on April 07, 2015, 07:41:35 PM
Oooone of ussss

Post rate is pretty relaxed I think...I know I've been pretty slow getting back to a few replies I owe folks   :-[

There's bound to be something out there in the Marvel Universe you may like too, otherwise I like this place for coming up with random super-powers  :)  (just keep clicking "random")

^^ I was actually just looking at that wiki for my own game. XD
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Madriv

So... I'm pushing my RP boundaries and actually looking at a school-set game. Is anyone already playing a student with abilities like Cloak?