MGAP Roleplay Recruiting: Need Magical Girls & Monsters.

Started by Nazora, December 10, 2010, 11:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bend

OK, the fact is my character was designed with the apparently-dumb-and-cheerful girl idea in mind, and that doesn't work with the OMG-i'm-a-girl plot. Besides, that was supposed to be the main character plot, not mine.
Anyway, as I said she can have a crush for a girl now. Maybe the very same girl the main character has a crush for...
- A&A - On & Offs -

Haibane

I think we should be creating characters that fit the type of game the GM wants, not different ones.

pendarious

well the GM specified that she wanted AT LEAST ONE of the characters to come in with OMG i've  been turned into a girl plot and Nazora and i have already discussed via PM my characters workings to some degree........so yeah. though i can find all kinds of fun little quirks to run with my character since she's sorta got a split personality issue.......as it says in the character sheet she seems cheerful and friendly but really she's quite irritated with the way things are. *shrugs*
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

bend

Pendarious is right. Nazora never said the other magical girls had to be former men at all...
- A&A - On & Offs -

Crovonovin

Name: Dean William H. Lovejoy
Picture: [Mortal Form] - [Transition] - [True Form]
Affiliation: MAWD Overlord
Type: Extradimensional Blasphemy
Weight & Height: Varies.  Humanoid forms generally waver around six foot four.
Influence: Holds sway over the Japanese branches of MAWD.  Has a particular affinity for Earth vermin and pests, and monsters possessing similar traits.

Description:

• Human Form: The Dean is a Caucasian man in his early forties with a strong build and a face that alternates easily between one of stern authority and gentle understanding, commanding respect one moment and exuding kindness the next.  He dresses as a man comfortable and well-suited to a position of power.  The weight of many years seems to push down on his shoulders, but his back is always straight and proud regardless of the situation.
  • Transitional Form:  The boundaries between Man and Horror begins to grow thin and riddled with cracks, twisting a kind face into one of sadistic glee.  A man of forty becomes one of eighty, his graying hair turning stark white and his skin drying like old parchment.  A sickly aureola forms at his back, green flames and bubbling tar licking at reality and opening wounds from which diseased tendrils slink and slither their way into sight.
  • True Form:  When the walls between worlds shatter and the laws of reality fade into obscurity, the Dean shows himself in his hideous entirety.  An effulgent mass of maggoty flesh and translucent slime with a mind of maddening malevolence, he is a creature without human definition or name. 

Powers and Abilities:

Aura Mastery:  Utilizing his immense cerebral energy, Dean Lovejoy can influence the minds of those in his immediate vicinity by preying on offending emotions until only the desired one remains.  Those so affected will grow increasingly malleable and susceptible to further mental assaults. 

• Soothing Aura:  Quells darker thoughts and snuffs out feelings of anxiety, resulting in an unnaturally lucid calm.  Victims of this aura become more likely to trust and agree with others, particularly those with official authority.
  • Rage Aura:  Incites feelings of anger, hatred, bitterness, and jealousy while eating away at joy, sorrow, and empathy.  Victims of this aura will become increasingly single-minded, often directing their anger towards a particular target.  The initial stages of this aura simply cause the affected to sour their natural disposition towards others, while advanced stages often result in violence.
  • Maddening Aura:  The most dangerous of all auras, Madness devours a victim's ability to reason and discern truth from fiction while enhancing creative thought and paranoia.  Long-term exposure to this aura may result in permanent mental impairment, reducing one's mental faculties and inducing actual insanity.  While in his True Form this aura is considered active at all times, and its effective range doubles.

Eldritch Augmentation:  Wielding dark and potent magic, the Dean can grant abilities to others.  Successful minions are often rewarded with "upgrades" to their existing powers or the chance to gain new ones to cover for their weaknesses.  However, repeated augmentation often has a dire effect upon the recipient of these gifts, subtly transmogrifying them into increasingly hideous forms.  The most common manifestation is the appearance of tentacles or other alien appendages somewhere on the body. 

Corruptive Touch:  An extension of Eldritch Augmentation.  By coating a surface with a thick layer of slime he is able to infect and alter the subject according to his whims.  The corrupting influence can be something subtle, such as inducing unwholesome pleasure in the chaste or innocent, to causing the victim to sprout monstrous mutations or even transform into a monster themselves.  The alteration must be decided before the touch is made, and another touch is needed to force any subsequent alterations.  Magical Girls are immune to mutation, but are still susceptible to attacks made upon the nervous system, whether they cause pain or pleasure.

Telekinesis:  The Dean's primary offensive and defensive technique.  There does not seem to be an immediately recognizable limit to this power, allowing him to pick up pebbles and buildings with equal ease.  Magical Girls have just enough resistance to this power to avoid being tossed around like rag dolls, but can still be pushed and pulled with great force. 

Feeding: Dean Lovejoy sustains himself on the human psyche, gaining strength from emotion and higher brain functions.  A school is a literal buffet for him, allowing him to feast on the often tumultuous relationships of its students and the learning process.  Though there are several licensed therapists on the staff, the Dean has an "Open Door Policy", stating that anyone who needs an ear to listen to their problems may do so without fear of repercussions or judgments.  This allows him to influence members of the student body in various ways, setting up chain reactions and planting the seeds of tension and drama that fuel his abilities.

Public History:  Supposedly the son of a US soldier once stationed at the Yokota Air Base following the occupation of Japan after the second World War, the Lovejoy family has remained in the country for decades in a professed attempt to reconcile their feelings of regret and guilt after the twin bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  Besides taking part in the efforts to rebuild the infrastructure of the war torn nation in spite of justified animosity, William sought to entrench himself in the country's education system and fund the construction of universities and other institutions that would provide a safe haven for successive generations of young citizens eager to learn and find ways to help their country. 

Now a greatly respected figure in the academic community and a proponent of intercultural relations, it would certainly seem that the Dean has succeeded in his goals.  Of course, this is all the cleverly constructed ruse of a being far beyond human understanding.  The Thing Beyond the Veil has very different designs in mind, ones that he believes MAWD will be able to help him accomplish.  His cover is simply a useful tool that allows him to avoid suspicion, his kindness a mask that he wears with all the pride of a true monster.

Laughing Hyena

And just so we are on the same page so the two of you can pick here is my version of the dean. Pick the one you want people.

Name: Himeijii Minoru (The Vassal of Oblivion)
Nickname: Dean, Headmaster
Size Category: Human
Affiliation: MAWD
Category: Overlord
Abilities: 

Void Lightning: The Vassal of Oblivion has a deep understanding of dark sorcery especially within the influence of destructive force and one of his signature forms of attack and defense is the embodiment of his wrath in the form of corrupted lightning empowered by his essence. With it his primary mode of attacking is in the form of magical arcs that strike down his enemies. Another variation are binding chains of a lightning that restrict and hamper his enemy to try and slow them down. And finally one of his favorite tactics is to use the Void Lightning in an explosive burst effect electrifying those unfortunate to be caught within its path. For defense a sphere of electricity to surround himself in that counter strikes against those that try to breach it is a preferred tactic. Again it is another form of torture he utilizes against his victims by using small shocks to stimulate the nerves of his opponents inflicting either pain or pleasure at his whim.

Veil of Nightmare: The Vassal of Oblivion has a dreaded power to bring a person's greatest fear to reality in whatever suitable fashion that can harass the victim the best. The vision has no true manifestation until a target is designated however the illusion is quite real taking the form of a hostile manifestation. The nightmare will then attempt to attack or harass the target and drain it of its sexual or physical energy if they incapacitate the target. A strong willed being can shake off the fearful effects and defeat the manifestation. However this is a favored tactic of torture for the Overlord.

Mark of the Void: The Vassal has the ability to lay a mark upon a willing subject binding them to his will. It is in this way he can control his subjects with a stern hand. For it is a constant reminder they are never far enough from their Master that he cannot touch them. He can channel his will through them in a form of focused telepathy and also see and hear through their eyes by committing a small portion of essence towards the act for it to work.

Conjuration: Those who bear the Mark are forever bound to heed the call of their Master. And when the Master has need of them they know of it. For the Mark can summon them to his side. However this is only if they are willing to be summoned. Those that do refuse the summon however better have a good reason to do that for he has little tolerance for those who refuse to heed his call. Often what he uses the summons for is to give out missions for it is rare that he has to find himself in direct conflict and rarer still where he needs backup. But when he does he can summon a number of monsters to his side. (GM's discretion)

Flawless False Form: The Overlord has uncanny powers at his disposal for disguise. There a reason he has not be discovered so easily by the magical girls or the organization that opposes MAWD. His abilities of disguise go beyond any other monster. Even Posers cannot hope to mimic this. They go merely to the physical form and that is all however he can fabricate a false soul or spiritual energy with the disguise masking his true nature. Ergo there is no magic button or such that will allow those to pierce his disguise. Only logic and cunning will allow for such a feat.

Dimension Door: The Vassal has an impressive means of transportation by splitting the fabric of reality asunder for a brief moment to allow him to travel many miles from one place to another. He can use it to also travel between his realm and the realm of humans. It is his primary means of transportation and it is a powerful one at that. The Dimension Door will not close until after he enters the threshold. So it is possible for others to travel through it so long as he is the last one to pass through the rift.

Personality: The Dean Himeijii Minoru is a rather kind man concerned for his students well being first and foremost with a slight tendency to enjoy a ladies body for what it is even if it is hands off. As such he is usually on the wrong end of a few good slaps or bumps on the head from those who reel in his wandering eyes. None the less he is a good listener and quite wise, willing to give good advice to those who wish to hear of it and compassionate towards others at the cost of his own personal wants.

The Vassal of Oblivion's personality is one of cruelty, a person who shows no mercy to those who dare to get in way and whilst willing to give second chances to his minions but should his patience wear thin enough he will make no hesitation to remove it. He values those with loyalty over ones success rate because loyal underlings are hard to come by and are scant resources in his organization. His cruel nature is matched by his perverse eye for he has a deep appetite for the fair sex's flesh and often uses sins of lust to break his prisoners and bring them to his side rather then torture. It is far more entertaining in this fashion and also has less of a chance of killing the victim of course. Tis far more mentally taxing as well in his viewpoint as well. His will for the planet under his control is to use it as a monsters paradise where humanity is subservient to the monsters and used for whatever enjoyment they see fit.

Human Form

Monster Form

A Potential "Dragon"

bend

I love the last picture.
Anyway, is this game going to start or is it dead? Because Nazara isn't posting anymore...
- A&A - On & Offs -

pendarious

she did mention somewhere that she was going to busy until after new years......so it's basically on hold........*sweatdrop*
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

DKDBSD

I think it's worth waiting beyond the new year dude. Think about how much time we've all put into this I'd like to start it at least.

bend

- A&A - On & Offs -

pendarious

i don't mind waiting really. just kinda like surprised that the gm was going to be busy.....and knew she would be but set this up anyway *shrugs*

Nazora

Quote from: Haibane on December 28, 2010, 04:22:58 AM
Hm, that rather defeats the object of what I think Nazora wanted this game to be like. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think part of the fun of this game is boys-newly-changed-into-girls-and-suddenly-having-to-deal-with-it. With all the fun and embarrassing and saucy relationship complications that go with that.

If one MGAP has been this way 2 years already and another has been brainwashed you are both disarming a big chuck of the potential fun of the situation aren't you?

Would either of you like to think about rewriting your characters so that the cute and funny "Oh my God I'm suddenly a girl and what will my girlfriend say!?" sub plots are kept in?

Right now the ex-GF character I'm proposing seems rather pointless since at every turn players are saying "Nope. Won't work with my char. Nope, been a girl for two years...". Yet the ex-GF and now a rival character was one Nazora specifically wanted in the game.

EDIT: Also, forgive me if I've got this wrong, but I thought the game would start with only Nazora as the local area MGAP with DKD's boy recruited just as the game opens (see her opening scene where there is only the Original MGAP active). The other two MGAPS being converted into girls as the story went on. So... unless a lot got discussed behind the scenes in PMs, both your characters begin the game as ordinary guys...

Sorry for the wait everyone.

I had opened up the concept a bit to allow for different circumstances a while back when I wasn't getting much interest for the game. I thought maybe if I broadened the spectrum it would allow for more characters. The main magical girl character will be the one who starts out as a boy at the start of the role-play. So the first focus will be on that particular character. While I would have liked more MGAP characters starting out as boys, the concepts presented by pendarious and bend are okay. They will come into the school or be transferred by TAMGAP. There will be a fairly wide field of play so if the proper threads are made there will be room for them to role-play some sub-plots away from the university while the main scene is being played out. In fact, I had opened up the secondary MGAPs to have been girls from the beginning if they wanted. But the focus of the story will be on the most recent MGAP, played by DKD.

I'm sorry about the confusion, I had assumed video created the character for the main MGAP played by DKD. But in a way that works out rather well because it opens up a slot for Haibane if she wants to play the girlfriend of the main character. I should check the front page and clarify that.

As for playing the Dean, and this was a fairly close call. After reading both submissions I'm going to pick Shihong's concept for my first choice.

Okay, I haven't read anything in the character posts or the OOC so I should go there before starting to type up the locales.
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Haibane

Bend and Pendarious - can I ask please? Your two transformed MGAPs - will they still have gender issues from once being boys and now being girls, or do you plan to ignore all that and just play as fully comfortable girls?

Yep, Nazora, I could play as DKDs GF before he changed, or the girl he was chasing, I'm just worried that it puts her and the sidekick into close proximity and I may end up RPing with myself. I suppose as I've made Nigel invisible and inaudible to humans I could get around that, though it could get complicated if DKD and the girl get close.

pendarious

to answer your question Haibane Eirin though used to being a girl by now still complains and angsts over it from time to time. mostly as a monologue form but she might still complain to other characters from time to time about it.

Haibane

What sort of complaints may I ask? And is that her only remaining issue with having once been a boy and now a girl? Nothing else at all?

Sorry to ask so many questions, I'm just trying to decide how much fun interaction your character might be able to provide for mine if I play a BFF, GF, etc.

pendarious

well her major complaint is that she was a guy and is now a girl and she ponders over her sexuality a lot now adays because she isn't sure what to think anymore in that department. she complains about how annoying that time of the month is (but then again what girl doesnt?). she complains about how much more complicated female society is (you know with all those wierd unspoken rules and what not) she still hasn't gotten the hang of that so she's content with being tomboyish. she complains about how easy it was to adjust to wearing skirts and such. yeah she gripes over all kinds of small things........but hey she was a guy for 17 years.....this is still just like major WTF? territory for her

Haibane

Ah, that's lovely, thanks! I'm glad you said it was still very much WTF territory for her, that really helps! *hugs*

So... there would be scope for some weirdness (and maybe humour) if a guy chatted her up, for example?

pendarious

*is surprised when hugged out of the blue* uh.....yeah no problem.

yeah there would be plenty of room for wierdness and humor in those situations. she'd be kinda like "uhhh.........yeah" while thinking in a very conflicted way like "hey this guy is cute....and this is fun.........HEY WAIT!!! IT'S A GUY!!!" that sort of stuff *laughs*

Nazora

Quote from: Haibane on December 30, 2010, 07:01:47 PM

Yep, Nazora, I could play as DKDs GF before he changed, or the girl he was chasing, I'm just worried that it puts her and the sidekick into close proximity and I may end up RPing with myself. I suppose as I've made Nigel invisible and inaudible to humans I could get around that, though it could get complicated if DKD and the girl get close.

I've started playing multiple characters a lot in solo role-plays and actually found it more enjoyable and challenging than I ever expected. In fact, all my active solo role-plays at the moment have me playing multi-characters. I just keep the interaction between two or more of my characters in the same posts so I don't make a lot of extra posts.

That doesn't mean I want people playing a host of characters here. Let's say one major story-line character and then a few extras that can be easily written out just in case a player drops out. I'm only saying it won't be a major problem if Nigel interacts with your GF character.

Monsters come and go a lot, so it is easy for a player to make a few and their disappearance can be easily explained away if their player drops out.
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Haibane

Yes, I too play multiple characters in games and have them interact a good deal, its just that Nigel is different to anything I've tied before and bouncing slapstick humour off another player is a lot easier than bouncing it off yourself! But we'll see how it goes.

I also wanted to mention that we've lost a couple of character images because Gelboruu doesn't allow hotlinking. Can those images be hosted somewhere else maybe - such as E's Wiki or something?

pendarious

i do multi character playing alot in fact it's almost habitual.....though like Haibane said i do find it hard to bounce humorous things between my own characters....it's a lot easier to bounce it between two different players *sweatdrop* i may make a monster of the week later on though just for kicks.

Nazora

No problem with the pictures, wherever you want to host them is fine as long as it's a fairly virus safe site.

Since we have a few monsters and DKD won't be around for tonight, I'm going to set up a monster grounds in the nearby forest for a start. If I get to it I'll set up some places in the school grounds or the nearby village.

Penda and bend: Your MGAP characters won't be involved in the opening fight involving DKD's character, they will be introduced at the school the next day.
All about what I like!

pendarious

Nazora

Okay, since much of this conversation has become planning rather than recruiting, I'm going to ask that all further questions on already accepted characters and any ideas for game planning be directed here. If you already are playing a character and have an idea for another, bounce it off here as well.

OOC Thread
All about what I like!

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Nazora on December 30, 2010, 05:25:55 PM
As for playing the Dean, and this was a fairly close call. After reading both submissions I'm going to pick Shihong's concept for my first choice.

Its okay. I just hope Shihong does well with it and you said there could be multiple big bads in the future so if the story lasts that long maybe my character could be the next big bad of the next series. :-)