Game Protagonists at War (Accepting Applications)

Started by BruceTheCat, August 11, 2014, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggtacular

EdwardShane

Quote from: King Serperior on September 27, 2014, 07:47:27 AM
All I know of League is that there's a gun-crazy girl who carries giant cannons around.  >.>;

Starcraft's been my RTS of choice rather than LoL or WoW.

That would be Jinx you are thinking of, and one of my considered options :P

Quote from: apygoos on September 27, 2014, 12:16:08 PM
I think...either Jinx or Yasuo would work best among these. Garen would be the second teir choice. that's just form my end. Jinx is cray cray and trigger happy, she'd get along famously with Glados and be a rather funny annoyance to others like samus or master cheif.

Yasuo would be a more serious, but very skilled character. Ezio may ask him if he has ever considered perhaps taking on a hood of his own. would be interesing also to see a duel between Yasuo and Baiken. you even have the PROJECT: Yasuo skin in your back pocket for cyberops missions and whatnot.

Yeah, I have been thinking about it while I had been at work and am trying to decide between these exact two characters at this point.  I may just play a game as each and choose whichever of the two winds up with the better K/D/A score :P  (I actually use the PROJECT skin for Yasuo in game, too.  XD)

EdwardShane

Yasuo, the Unforgiven

Current Occupation: "Honor is in the heart, not the name."
Yasuo is, at the moment, unemployed.  At best, he's simply wandering around the city and looking for ways to survive on his own.  At the worst, he's probably off getting drunk somewhere.

Home World Information: "Never could stay in one place."
Runeterra is a fairly diverse world, with some cities being highly advanced in terms of technology, others being more simplistic in nature, and yet even others being focused upon magic and knowledge of the arcane.  People from all walks of life, so long as they are deemed worthy enough, can join the League of Legends through the group that leads the Institute of War.  Monsters from the void, ninjas, pirates, small furry creatures known as Yordles, heroes, villains, and more can all be found within the League.  Beings known as Summoners call upon these chosen champions to fight upon various battlefields, such as the Howling Abyss, the Twisted Treeline, and Summoner's Rift, for various reasons ranging from resolving one minor altercation or another to determining how full scale wars should end.  Yasuo originally hails from a nation known as Ionia, a naturally beautiful island nation full of ancient trees, vast mountains, and tranquil rivers.  It is a nation focused on spiritual growth, enlightenment, and such things along those lines.  However, he has traveled to all corners of Runeterra in his wanderings, from the depths of the Shadow Isles to the frigid lands of Freljord, from the noble Demacian lands to the violent territory of Noxus.

Appearance/Style Description: "Sleep is for the guiltless."
Yasuo dresses similarly to a samurai, though his clothes are well worn from his journeys on the road.  Some areas, especially what is left of his shirt, are tattered and frayed at the edges.  He does not wear shoes, though the lower area of his pants somewhat covers his feet.  He has shin guards, forearm braces, and an ornate shoulder guard on his left shoulder.  His long, dark hair is generally kept in a topknot of sorts, as is traditional for samurai.  The tattered condition of his shirt leaves a fair amount of his torso visible, with scars crossing across his somewhat muscled flesh now and again from his various fights.  He is in quite good condition, though his body type shifts towards more of a lean build than a bulky one.  He is built for speed, skill, and precision, not brute force.  Lastly, he appears weary more often than not, the tolls of his past and his journey clearly visible within his tired eyes.

Personality: "There are three certainties in life.  Honor, death, and hangovers."
Yasuo is a decidedly serious individual at most times, though he occasionally will let slip with a small bit of humor.  It has been a long time since a full smile ever graced his face with its presence.  Justice, virtue, and similar concepts are viewed upon with a bit of disdain and bitterness, though honor still remains a valuable thing to Yasuo, as would be loyalty had anyone earned it from him.  He is not one to back down from a challenge or hold back in a fight.  He is also somewhat withdrawn, not much of one for socializing.  It would take a persistent and patient individual to get close to him.  He also has a strong disliking for ninjas, but thoroughly enjoys good booze.

History: "The story of a sword is inked in blood."
Yasuo is an extremely skilled swordsman, one who even as a student was compared to the ancient masters.  He was the first in a generation to master the legendary wind technique, and many believed him to be the next hero of legend.  Such was not his fate, for Noxus invaded Ionia.  Believing he alone could make a difference, he forsook his post in guarding an elder, charging off into battle.  Though he emerged victorious, by the time he had returned, the elder had been slain and the killer had vanished.  Yasuo, disgraced as he was, turned himself in, and was in turn shocked to find himself accused not only of dereliction of duty, but of the murder itself.  He raised his sword against his school and fought his way free, knowing that the true murderer would walk free if he did not act, and thus became a hunted man.

He spent the next several years of his life searching for clues, trying to find the murderer's trail.  The whole time, he was hunted by those he once called friend, forced into situations where he had to fight or die.  Relentlessly, they came after him.  The first was a swordsman of strength, renowned throughout Ionia.  Yasuo had seen him cleave a tree in two with his mighty blade, but he could not cut the wind.  The second was a warrior of speed and grace, and she was renowned for being capable of outrunning the cunning foxes within the woods.  She could not outrun the wind.  The third one to come was a man of compassion, the man who had taught Yasuo so much through his childhood.  The third man was Yone, Yasuo's brother.

Bound by the common code of honor, the two bowed to each other before drawing their blades and facing off.  For several moments, they circled each other under the moonlight.  When they finally burst into motion, Yone was no match for Yasuo, felled in a single flash of his younger brother's tempest of steel.  Yasuo dropped his blade then and ran to his brother, overcome with powerful emotions and demanded to know how his own kin could accuse him of the murder.  Yone's final words made everything clear to Yasuo.  "The elder was felled by a wind technique.  Who else could it have been?"  Yasuo shed many tears that night for his fallen brother, who he professed his innocence to one final time and begged forgiveness before Yone took his final breath.  He spent no time mourning, however, simply burying his brother under the rising sun and setting off with this vital clue giving him a newfound purpose.  A purpose that led him to the League of Legends to seek more information.

As the years passed, Yasuo found no luck and no new leads, aside from one woman who raised his suspicions.  Riven, who occasionally would use a wind technique of her own, but he never figured out for certain if it was truly her who had killed the elder or not.  The Reapers fell upon the Institute of War before he could figure it out.  Several champions were felled, and none of them understood how this was happening, why it was happening, or who could be behind this.  The Reapers killed indiscriminately, not caring who belonged to what faction.  Malzahar, the Prophet of the Void, knew that this was not what he had foretold in the least.  Malzahar was well known as a doomsayer, proclaiming the coming of the void...but these were not of the void.  The prophet managed to rip open a gateway to an unknown world, one that he proclaimed would lead a single champion to Runeterra's temporary salvation.  Runeterra would only end because of the void, and Malzahar was confident that whoever stepped through the portal would delay Runeterra's demise until his prophecy came into full fruition.  While almost nobody trusted the Prophet, Yasuo decided to take the chance and stepped forward, entering the gateway and into lands unknown....

Current Situation: "I will not die dishonored."
Yasuo is currently without a clue of where he is or what is happening, but is seeking to learn more about what had happened and how to stop it.  He is confident that the wind, as always, will guide him down the right path.

Weapon: "People keep running into my blade."
Yasuo only has his katana, a finely crafted blade that is enchanted to never break.  Furthermore, it has absorbed the capabilities of six items given to him by the Institute of War prior to his departure to aid him in his endeavors.  The Statikk Shiv and Infinity Edge effects together allow his blade to strike far more viciously, attack with greater speed, move just a little faster, and occasionally cause his attacks to have a minor chain lightning effect.  The Bloodthirster increases his damage further and allows him to heal a portion of the damage his weapon deals, giving him a temporary shield if he heals himself in this manner while already at full health.  The Last Whisper gives him a small damage boost and lets his strikes bypass roughly a third of his target's armor.  The Berserker's Greaves, enchanted with Alacrity, increase his movement speed even further, and increases the speed of his attacks further as well.  Lastly, the Mercurial Scimitar increases his damage even further, gives him some resistance to magic, and allows him to once a battle remove any and all debuff effects from himself, granting him a very brief but intense boost of speed in the process.

While it is not a weapon, Yasuo's flask also has an enchantment on it.  Whatever liquid he last poured into it, the flask will hold an endless amount of said liquid.  Usually, it's some form of alcohol or another.

Special Powers: "Death is like the wind....always by my side."

Yasuo has mastered the legendary wind technique, allowing him to manipulate wind in various ways. (specific ability examples below based of his abilities in LoL)

Way of the Wanderer: Yasuo will occasionally put up a temporary barrier of wind around himself when attacked.  This ability recharges based on how much he moves around the battlefield.

Steel Tempest: Yasuo can strike extremely quickly in a small area by imbuing his sword with the power of wind.  All targets even near his blade will take damage, and are subjected to the effects of his weapon.  Two successful and successive hits on any target allow Yasuo to fire a whirlwind from his blade that travels in a straight line away from him, knocking all affected targets into the air.

Wind Wall: Yasuo can form a barrier made of solid wind.  This barrier will stay in place for a short time, blocking and negating any and all projectiles and ranged attacks that come in contact with it.

Sweeping Blade: Yasuo can dash through targets, dealing increasing amounts of magical damage with each use.  The same target cannot be struck by this in rapid succession.  Can be combined with Steel Tempest to cause a larger, more circular area of effect strike for Steel Tempest.

Last Breath (Ultimate Ability): Yasuo instantly appears next to an airborne target, dealing massive damage from a flurry of strikes before slamming them into the ground.  After the attack finishes Yasuo temporarily ignores, in combination with the Last Whisper ability his blade absorbed, 85% of his enemy's armor values.

Strengths: "I will not forget who I am."

Like Lightning- Yasuo is extremely fast, skilled, and accurate, both with his footwork and his swordplay.  He can be quite difficult to hit, counter, avoid, and run away from.

Battlefield Veteran- Yasuo has fought many times at the Institute of War, and he is no stranger to fighting against single opponents in a duel or multiple foes at once, either alone or as part of a team.  He is an exceptional team player and perfectly able to follow battle plans, as well as change strategies on the fly if something were to throw a monkey wrench in said plans.

I can drink more than you!- Yasuo has an exceptional tolerance for alcohol and can drink a good majority of people under the table.

Musically adept- Yasuo owns a nonmagical wooden flute that he can play pretty damn well.  He usually manipulated the wind around him to make people think the flute is magical, but don't be fooled by that.

Weaknesses: "My honor left a long time ago."

Squishy- While Yasuo is able to dodge and avoid taking damage more often than not, and his Mercurial Scimitar gives him protection against magic to some extent, he has basically no armor against physical attacks.  When he does get hit by things like that, it usually hurts.  A lot.

Addicted- Yasuo is an alcoholic, and though it takes a lot of booze to get him drunk, he becomes even less fun than he already might be once he gets there.

Troubled- Yasuo is somewhat haunted by his past, and the guilt he puts on himself because of it.  He doesn't get much sleep as a result on most nights, and is somewhat of a pessimist by nature.

PrestaDGTation

Hello, Yasou!  Presta here, and a fine pleasure to meet you!

After speaking with Red, your character is approved!  But!  Before you carry your sheet over to the character thread, I'd like you to add one more weakness, either combative or social.  Just to round him out a little more.  Deal!?
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

EdwardShane

Quote from: PrestaDGTation on September 27, 2014, 10:00:10 PM
  Hello, Yasou!  Presta here, and a fine pleasure to meet you!

After speaking with Red, your character is approved!  But!  Before you carry your sheet over to the character thread, I'd like you to add one more weakness, either combative or social.  Just to round him out a little more.  Deal!?

All right, that's fair enough.  ^^  I edited on a weakness.  Is that better, or do I need to do anything else?

BruceTheCat

That change looks fine Edward. I will likely end up using your Troubled weakness to say that he is always fairly tired.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

EdwardShane

Quote from: Red Lobster on September 27, 2014, 11:31:49 PM
That change looks fine Edward. I will likely end up using your Troubled weakness to say that he is always fairly tired.

That's fair enough.  Sort of what I intended for it anyway, unless someone can somehow induce a restful sleep in some manner he's likely to not ever have a good night's sleep.

xPeachyPuff

Working on my profile. Will hopefully have her up soon-ish! > < Just got the hard parts to do lol.

- Rainbow ♥

EdwardShane

So I got bitten with a creativity bug, and got permission to write up another character!  Here she is!  (beware, lengthy wall of text)

Aversa

Current Occupation: Aversa works at an animal shelter currently, using her connection with animals (see strengths) to take care of and find appropriate homes for stray critters in her spare time.

Home World Information: The world of Fire Emblem is a vast one with multiple continents and timelines.  The part of the world Aversa comes from involves two continents, known as Ylisse and Valm during the era she lives in.  They were once known as  Akaneia and Valentia respectively, and is the future of the section of the world that Prince Marth, later known as the Hero King, hailed from.  Her home country is Plegia, a nation composed largely of those who worship the Fell Dragon, Grima, and wish little more than to see him return to scour the world clean of humanity.  The world itself decidedly falls in the Medieval Fantasy genre, and is strong with both magicians and warriors of varying types.

Appearance/Style Description: Aversa's hair is as white as freshly fallen snow in contrast to her beautifully mocha colored and flawless skin, and reaches down to the center of her quite perky and full breasts.  She keeps it parted at the top where it is exposed so that some of it falls on either side of her face, though her outfit oddly covers her entire backside from her lower back upwards, including the back of her neck and head, and even covers part of the top of her head.  She wears an odd circlet that has raised points coming up from behind her head that vaguely resemble an ebony crown of sorts.  Her arms are covered in sleeves that end in ornate bracers that have cloth coverings around the back of her hand, held in place by a loop around her middle finger on each hand.   The same amount of covering cannot be said for her frontside or her legs, however, with the former being quite exposed thanks to a large, plunging V-shaped neckline that goes a bit below her navel and leaves only a little to the imagination.  Her legs are garbed only in stockings and high heeled shoes, and a miniskirt and thong combination complete the ensemble.  The end result leaves her showing quite a bit of skin, indeed, and does quite a bit to show off the tattoos she has around her bust.  She has further tattoos along the side of her face, and typically wears black nail polish.

Personality: Aversa is a bit of a sultry sort, and a definite tease.  She tends to speak in double entendres and various innuendos when given the opportunity, and is fairly shameless in not only knowing how attractive she is, but flaunting it to one extent or another.  She is not above using feminine charms to get what she wants, though she tends to avoid having straight up sex in exchange for favors of any sort.  She is decidedly different than she once was despite keeping the same appearance she used during her villainous days.  When she turned over a new leaf, her cold, calculating, and uncaring ways replaced with a fair bit of compassion and concern for the well being of those around her, willing to do whatever she can to help out.  She also knows when to set aside her teasing ways and become serious.

History: At first, Aversa was one of the bad guys.  She worked for Validar, who was more or less a father to her, and did everything in her power to help him bring the Fell Dragon Grima back into the world.  Her actions caused the deaths of many, including that of the Exalt Emmeryn of the country Ylisse, sister to Chrom.  Wars waged on, and Aversa participated in them all through one means or another, either by using revenants known as Risen or taking a hand in the fighting herself.  Eventually, she was taken down, but got away.  This only resulted in her facing Chrom and his army again, though this time, they felled her more thoroughly, and she was unable to escape.

She thought that it was the end for her.  She lay bleeding fatally on the ground, her pegasus likewise injured from the fight they had both taken part in.  As the veil of death began to close in around her, she closed her eyes, thankful that the pain was about to end....but she didn't wind up in hell, like she thought she would.  Instead, she heard a feminine voice inside her mind.  Live.  Seek the truth.  You still have a part to play in the grand tapestry of fate, but you cannot fulfill it without completing this task first.  Her mind suddenly flodded with information, and while her body no longer hurt or bled, her mind exploded with agony.  She fell unconscious, only to awaken and find that her mount, loyal as it had ever been, was laying on the ground next to her, nuzzling her until she got up.  Groaning, she fought her way to her feet, patted her pegasus appreciatively, and flew off towards the western horizon.  A specific location was burned like a brand into her mind, and she knew it matched a legend she had once read about.  She was heading to a place known as the Wellspring of Truth.  All thoughts of serving Validar's interests were suppressed for the time being, which surprised her a bit.

When she arrived, she knew what was going to happen.  She was going to have to face herself, and if she won she would be shown what the voice had told her to seek.  What she didn't expect was to run into Chrom and his group again.  Tensions flared quickly, and she was sure that they would kill her....again.  However, not only did a copy of herself and her mount appear, but copies of all of Chrom's followers and their mounts appeared as well.  A truce was called, and everyone quickly turned to fight their copy.  Those who won quickly turned to aid each other, until finally the last one fell.  It was at that point that Aversa explained the legend to them, and they all gathered around the pool of water from which the copies came from.

Aversa's past was revealed to her.  Not the past she thought had happened, but the real past.  Validar hadn't ever truly cared about her...he had happened to be in her hometown, and recognized her potential.  He then proceeded to wipe her mind clean, and place new memories inside her head.  To then prevent any chance of her ever regaining her true memories, he then slaughtered everyone she had ever known, including her true parents.  Aversa was overwhelmed by the revelation, her raw emotions coming out in the form of a horrified shriek.  She did not shed tears, but it was a shock and left her feeling like she had been torn apart.  After a few awkward moments, Chrom offered to let her join him and his troops.  Aversa was stunned by this, and confused by the offer.  He explained that they needed all the help that they could get, and her aid would certainly help them out greatly.  After a brief bit of conversation, she accepted.

Being a part of Chrom's group, though, was tougher than expected.  Aversa assumed that no one would want to be around her, after all the awful things she had done.  She wouldn't allow herself to admit how guilty she felt, nor that she even cared what anyone thought.  It was only through the repeated and persistent efforts of Validar's true son, Chrom's tactician, and her adopted older brother, Robin, that she eventually was integrated more fully into the army and eventually accepted.  She was initially loathe to admit that she felt a connection with the man, but she eventually warmed up and started to fully see him as a brother, just before the final battle against Grima was to begin.

It was a long and tiring fight, but eventually and miraculously, they had won and pulled through.  Chrom was going to strike the final blow with his sword, the Falchion, which would put Grima to sleep for a several lifetimes.  Robin, however, being of Grima's bloodline and actually not only having become Grima in the future, but having come back to the past AS Grima, struck the final blow against himself, killing not only Grima and his future self...but in extension, appearing to be committing suicide.  Both the future and present Robin vanished without a trace, presumed to never be capable of being seen again.  There were whispers among Chrom's army that they'd find him again, that he'd be back...there had apparently been a slim chance of the present Robin living, if the bonds he shared with everyone in Chrom's army were strong enough.  She was mortified and disturbed by his self sacrifice, though, and wasn't so sure that he would be able to come back.  Initially, her reaction was outrage.  She went off on her own, separating from Chrom's army at this point now that Grima had been slain.  She went back to her home village to try and live life as a normal woman, as best she could, as if to try and make up for the time she had lost

Her rage eventually turned into grief, once she realized with no small amount of surprise that she actually cared about Robin in a way she hadn't cared about anyone to her memory.  This time, tears were shed, though no one around her knew why or could understand  It was nothing like what had happened with Validar...him, she served, and he commanded.  But, with the tactician...it was different.  More of a two way street, he treated her with respect and kindness, and she....she hadn't fully reciprocated it.  Grief turned into regret.  She truly wished that she could be able to talk to him again...and regret turned to bargaining.  She tried pleading with the Divine Dragon Naga to bring her brother back, not even sure if she was being listened to or not.  She held true to the promises she told to Naga, though, turning over a new leaf and becoming a better woman.  Aversa quickly became a pillar of the community she stayed in, and was quite well loved among the townsfolk due to the protection she offered them and all the extra help she gave them in the way of repenting for her prior sins.

It was several years before she heard anything, but there were more tears when she did.  This time, however, tears of relief and joy, for it seemed Chrom had actually found Robin once more.  That slim chance had proven to have worked, after all.  It seemed that Chrom had sent out invitations to everyone who had survived the war to come and meet with the beloved tactician once more.  Aversa was very quickly on her way out of the village, insisting on taking the invitation for Tiki, the voice of Naga, herself.  When she arrived to where the manakete woman was staying, though, she was horrified once more.  These were not creatures she had seen before...these were creatures from Outland, led by Baraka under the orders of Shao Khan himself.  They had Tiki cornered and were about to kill her, but Baraka held them off so he could speak to Aversa.  It seemed that an organization of villains from all over the worlds wanted to invite her to join, for her outstanding efforts she had performed in service to Validar.  Aversa's initial reaction was to be repulsed, but she quickly realized that they must not have gotten the memo that she switched sides. 

She played along and improvised.  Pretended like she was accepting, and the Outlanders bought it hook, line, and sinker.  She demanded that they let her finish off Tiki, who seemed shocked that Aversa had switched sides on her once more.  Tiki's tears pulled at Aversa's heart, but the deception was necessary if she was to save the manakete.  At the last possible second, Aversa redirected her spell at Baraka, who was blindsided by the dark magic.  It threw the antagonists into chaos, buying Aversa time to swoop in on her pegasus, grab Tiki, and fly off before they could truly do anything to stop her.  Tiki and Aversa spoke at that point, and Tiki insisted that they travel back to Aversa's hometown so she could gather her things before going elsewhere, to some ancient temple to Naga.  Aversa was reluctant, saying that Chrom needed to know.  Tiki blindsided Aversa by saying she knew that Aversa was going to save her, not kill her.  She acted alongside Aversa to make it believable...it also seemed that Naga had heard Aversa's pleas concerning Robin, and though Naga had not the power to bring the tactician back herself, she was pleased with Aversa. 

It was then revealed that Naga was the one who had healed her from her mortal wound long ago, for the very reason that they needed to go to the temple.  Naga had chosen Aversa to undergo an important quest, one that the success or failure of would determine the fate of not only their world, but many others as well.  Naga had known about this invasion before it happened, but for some reason could do nothing to warn anyone of it.  All she could do was prepare one person to travel to a different place to represent the will of all those who were good in this world.  That chosen person appeared to be Aversa, despite all she had done in the past.  When they arrived, the portal was already open.  Tiki would stay behind, but presented Aversa with The Book of Naga before she left.  Aversa didn't understand why it was to be her and not someone with less darkness inside of them, but was told that she would learn in time.  Tiki's final words were a reminder that even the dark magic that Aversa favored could create much good, if used properly.  And so, Aversa and her loyal pegasus passed through the portal towards a realm unknown...and Aversa was determined to not let the Divine Dragon, Robin, or anyone else down.

Current Situation: Aversa has been thrust right into the middle of a war, having escaped the turmoil of her home world and being thrown right into the fray of another world's fight.  How annoying to escape the frying pan, only to be put in the fire itself.

Weapon: Aversa, being a Dark Flier, has the capability to use both spears and offensive magic.  However, she tends to lean more towards using her tomes than anything remotely spear like.  She might break a nail if she goes into the thick of melee combat, after all!  Aversa brought three tomes with her, as they, and the two elixirs she grabbed, were all she had the time to gather before flying through the portal.  She must have a tome in hand to cast her spells, and can only use one at a time.  If she wishes to use a different variety of spells, she must switch her current tome out for the one she wishes to start using.  It is not a time consuming process at all for her, however.

Mire Tome - Contains long range dark magicks.  Useful when she wants to keep her distance and allows her to provide the equivalent of artillery/siege support to allies, though they are less accurate than the closer range spells.

Goetia Tome - Her favored book to use in the thick of combat.  Contains the strongest dark magicks her world had to offer, and is quite devastating to be on the receiving end of.

Book of Naga Tome - The book gifted to her before her quest began by Tiki, it contains magic Aversa is unused to making use of.  Considered to be light magic of sorts, the spells contained within have both offensive and defensive uses, though this additional utility means that the damage is not as great as her Goetia spells.  It is a reminder for Aversa that even those that were once evil can change their ways, with sufficient motivation, desire, and determination.  It can only be wielded by those chosen by the Divine Dragon Naga herself.  Deals additional damage to dragons.

Special Powers: Aversa has studied magic quite thoroughly, and has learned a few utility abilities.

Lifedrinker/Galeforce - Through her studies of magick during her time spent as a Dark Knight and as a Dark Flier, Aversa has learned how to absorb a fallen enemy's life (or unlife) force to restore her own and sustain her energy and stamina in combat.  Whenever she deals the killing blow to something that is (or once was, in the case of fighting undead) living, she can heal a moderate portion of her own injuries as well as restore some of her personal energy.  In short, she can fight indefinitely so long as she targets to kill.  If she is mounted, this effect also applies to her pegasus.

Rally Movement - Another Dark Flier ability, this allows her to project magic to support herself, her mount if applicable, and nearby allies, granting everyone affected a temporary boost of mobility and agility.  The boost is minor, but has been proven to make a difference in battle.  This ability cannot be used simultaneously with any other form of magic.

Shadowgift/Tomebreaker - Aversa has a natural talent for using magic and is incredibly skilled with using it due to the large amount of studying, learning, and researching she has done on magic itself during her time serving under Validar.  In fact, during her time as a Sorceress, she discovered secrets that allow her to always be capable of using dark magic and specialize in fighting other spellcasters.  When fighting anyone using magic, Aversa is at her best, as she can turn some of their magical potential against them.  As a result, their spells are more easily deflected, avoided, resisted, or canceled out by Aversa, while her own spells will be harder for them to avoid, resist, or cancel out.  These effects only apply when the enemy caster or Aversa target each other, and the effect does not extend to her allies.  They do not get to benefit from this in any way, unfortunately.

Strengths:

Animal Empathy - Aversa has a special knack for understanding animals and communicating in rough ways with them, allowing her to potentially make creatures tolerable of her presence, if not friendly towards her.  While this applies to a wide variety of creatures, she is most closely connected to horses and animals similar to them.  This extends to various mythical creatures, such as the black pegasus she shares a bond with and constantly is riding into battle.

Adaptable - Aversa has a unique talent in that she can change her class to suit the situation without needing a second seal, that rule only having applied while she was in her home world.  Her class of choice is Dark Flier, in which she is mounted on her black pegasus.  While she has the advantage of flight in this class, she has the disadvantage of being vulnerable to arrows and wind magic.  If flying is not an option or inadvisable, she can choose to be a Dark Knight, her pegasus (much to her discomfort) temporarily losing her wings.  (though, like lances, she prefers to avoid such melee weapons)  Lastly, if she cannot be on horseback at all, she can become a Sorceress and go on foot, her pegasus oddly vanishing until she changes her class again.

Intelligent/Well Researched - Aversa is rather smart, and is quite well read.  She knows a great deal about magic, knows enough about alchemy to create a small variety of potions and concoctions if given the right equipment and materials, and knows a decent amount of written lore about various creatures.

Weaknesses:

Not meant for CQC - While she excels at blasting people with magic from a distance, she starts having problems if someone or something gets in her face.  She is not a melee fighter in the least.

Some atonement required - Aversa, even with all the good she has thus far done, still feels a compulsion to help people in need so as to continue making up for the evil she had done in the past.  While this might not seem like a bad thing, it could lead her right into  some serious danger if the circumstances are wrong for her to go to their aid, and she decides to help them regardless of the risk.

Bookworm - Aversa can't take any offensive actions if she doesn't have a magic tome in her hands, since she refuses to pick up spears or swords.

Techno-what? - Aversa is extremely unfamiliar with technology, how it works, or what it does.

BruceTheCat

Hey everyone!

I wanted to open up our recruitment again for our next Game Protagonists at War arc! Wherein the players will be traveling to the Skies of Arcadia world to battle S.H.O.D.A.N and a army of mechs, and the desolate planet of Borderlands - Pandora to combat Arthas, the Lich King and his undead/demon forces.

Please submit your interest or character sheets! If you pass the approval process, I will send you a summary of what has happened so far in the game, and discuss how to work your character in!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Angaroo

o3o This looks incredibly fun and interesting! I shall work on a character right away!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Angaroo on October 08, 2014, 01:46:32 AM
o3o This looks incredibly fun and interesting! I shall work on a character right away!

How exciting! :D!! What character are you thinking about playing?

Angaroo

Quote from: Rel Mayer on October 08, 2014, 03:53:13 AM
How exciting! :D!! What character are you thinking about playing?

To be honest, I've spent the past couple of hours looking and I have yet to decide on someone. :T

To many decisions! >.<

Divine Tenacity

...i admit I am posting tentative interest because I saw some FF characters running around.  One of those characters happen to be one of my my favorites.

Was wondering if I could come in with an Final Fantasy female. No one too obvious....
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Angaroo on October 08, 2014, 04:09:46 AM
To be honest, I've spent the past couple of hours looking and I have yet to decide on someone. :T

To many decisions! >.<

I know! There are so many awesome characters to pick from! I was extremely tempted to do Phoenix Wright. ;)

Quote from: Divine Tenacity on October 08, 2014, 04:13:33 AM
...i admit I am posting tentative interest because I saw some FF characters running around.  One of those characters happen to be one of my my favorites.

Was wondering if I could come in with an Final Fantasy female. No one too obvious....

Hmmmm... sounds so nice!

Vaulera

Hey, I would like to throw in my interest for this awesome looking story, but I'm at a serious crossroads. I love to play some female video game characters, I have a solo game all about that. But the one character I have a squee-like incredible awesome-crush on is the Arbiter from Halo. It crushed my soul when he wasn't in one of the halo games, considering he was my favourite part of that series that I played since I was a little girl. I was just wondering how sexual the game actually is, because that would be the deciding factor on an awesome female character as opposed to the Arbiter.

apygoos

Quote from: Divine Tenacity on October 08, 2014, 04:13:33 AM

there are no FF characters present in the game, both have dropped out

apygoos

Quote from: Vaulera on October 08, 2014, 04:59:40 AM
Hey, I would like to throw in my interest for this awesome looking story, but I'm at a serious crossroads. I love to play some female video game characters, I have a solo game all about that. But the one character I have a squee-like incredible awesome-crush on is the Arbiter from Halo. It crushed my soul when he wasn't in one of the halo games, considering he was my favourite part of that series that I played since I was a little girl. I was just wondering how sexual the game actually is, because that would be the deciding factor on an awesome female character as opposed to the Arbiter.
in the main game threads there hasn't been many sexual activities[if at all], most of those have been being taken into side/spinoff threads. So i suppose there is a sexual element? It's just a matter of time before Baiken tracks you down and nomms you. or if i was more active on Ezio...everyone's favorite womanizer.

Rel Mayer

* Rel Mayer wiggles eyebrows.

Baiken has been wanting some ladies.

xPeachyPuff

*Cough cough* Still working on Elizabeth. I promise I will get her done!

- Rainbow ♥

Mr L

Quote from: Vaulera on October 08, 2014, 04:59:40 AM

Mostly it's just been shameless flirting in the main threads so far, don't know if people have gone off for two chars. Sadly at this point, the elite arbiter from the halo series would not be Assn option as we already have the chief, and we don't want more than one protagonist from a single world. Unless of course, that changed and i didn't hear about it lol
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Divine Tenacity

So I'm thinking of a few ladies...

-Claire 'Lightning' Farron from LR:FF
-Quistis Trepe from FF 8
-Tifa Lockheart from FF 7
-Jill Valentine from Resident Evil

Any suggestions?

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Divine Tenacity on October 08, 2014, 12:11:38 PM
So I'm thinking of a few ladies...

-Claire 'Lightning' Farron from LR:FF
-Quistis Trepe from FF 8
-Tifa Lockheart from FF 7
-Jill Valentine from Resident Evil

Any suggestions?

Those are my personal preferences - if you want my opinion. :)

Divine Tenacity

Quote from: Rel Mayer on October 08, 2014, 12:16:36 PM
Those are my personal preferences - if you want my opinion. :)

Funny, I was leaning toward those two as well! When I return home I'll pick one and write up a character sheet.