WWE No Longer supports my Tablet HELP!

Started by DemonessOfDeathValley, January 04, 2020, 09:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DemonessOfDeathValley

WWE Network app no longer supports Amazon Fire Tablets. Which means that I now need a new/different tablet. Of all the apps that could have been discontinued, it HAD to be that one. But here we are.

I tried emailing WWE Network and all they gave me was a list of 'supported devices'. Unfortunately said list only has Android operating system requirements. I bought a tablet (the best I could afford) which was supposed to be compatible and of course it wasn't. It doesn't work on my laptop either. It does work on my phone but the screen is tiny.

What I need to know is which specific tablet works? And I need an option that is preferably under one-hundred dollars. I can't afford much more.

Thank you in advance. I'm extremely distraught.

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

RedPhoenix

Looking up android tablets on amazon there are a few under $100 and several more in that range, but whether they would run a certain app or not I don't know! :(
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Lithos

Which android version do they say that they require? if you mention that, then it is easy to figure which tablets have that version of android.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

DemonessOfDeathValley

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 05, 2020, 04:37:02 PM
Looking up android tablets on amazon there are a few under $100 and several more in that range, but whether they would run a certain app or not I don't know! :(

Exactly! That's the problem I've run into. These 'budget' tablets might even have what seems to be the correct features yet when I try and download the WWE Network app, it's unsupported.

Quote from: Lithos on January 05, 2020, 07:24:17 PM
Which android version do they say that they require? if you mention that, then it is easy to figure which tablets have that version of android.

On the WWE Network website, the Android operating system requirements are "5.0+". There's a disclaimer on there as well and it says that their app doesn't work on Unsupported Hardware.

The tablet I bought and am returning to Amazon had the 9.0 Pie operating system. My phone has the same operating  system, so I'm thinking that maybe the brand I chose isn't one supported by the WWE app.

Rebelle

Demoness -  I've reached out to some of my wrestling fan friends that I have, if I have anyone send me some replies I'll let you know.

I got back 2 replies so far - a used IPad would possibly suit your needs, if you can find one on that price point, or a Samsung Tablet.

Also I was looking and was wondering if perhaps Chromecast would be something feasible?

Zaphod

The WWE app probably requires Widevine L1 DRM support on the Android tablet. This requires specific hardware support to playback premium content and will not be available on low end devices even if the OS is the latest. For a list of tablets that support this feature, look at Netflix's HD device list and buy one from that.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23939

Scroll down and look at Netflix in HD. These devices have L1 support. A tablet not on this list will have only L3 support and will most likely not be compatible with WWE. Netflix will play back in SD even on an L3 device but some operators like WWE may not have enabled this option.

EDIT: Amazon tablets run on a forked version of Android and will not work with WWE. Your best bet is something from Acer, Asus, Samsung or the Google Pixel tablet from that list. But they may not be available under $100.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Quote from: Rebelle on January 06, 2020, 11:30:44 PM
Demoness -  I've reached out to some of my wrestling fan friends that I have, if I have anyone send me some replies I'll let you know.

I got back 2 replies so far - a used IPad would possibly suit your needs, if you can find one on that price point, or a Samsung Tablet.

Also I was looking and was wondering if perhaps Chromecast would be something feasible?

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately Chromecast isn't a possiblity.

I've been looking at iPad and Samsung options but. I was concerned with compatibility. If I were to save some money, a used version of either could be a possibility.

Quote from: Zaphod on January 07, 2020, 06:34:59 AM
The WWE app probably requires Widevine L1 DRM support on the Android tablet. This requires specific hardware support to playback premium content and will not be available on low end devices even if the OS is the latest. For a list of tablets that support this feature, look at Netflix's HD device list and buy one from that.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23939

Scroll down and look at Netflix in HD. These devices have L1 support. A tablet not on this list will have only L3 support and will most likely not be compatible with WWE. Netflix will play back in SD even on an L3 device but some operators like WWE may not have enabled this option.

EDIT: Amazon tablets run on a forked version of Android and will not work with WWE. Your best bet is something from Acer, Asus, Samsung or the Google Pixel tablet from that list. But they may not be available under $100.

Thank you. I will definitely look over this list. I've been been looking at different brands but I had no idea which might work, given my deficiency in being able to understand electronic capabilities.

It appears I will need to create some kind of a savings plan and be patient until I can get a device that will be sufficient.