Yugioh: Dawn of Darkness (Slow; Story-Focused; Dark; 5Ds Era; Seeking 2 Players)

Started by King Serperior, October 19, 2015, 05:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Name: Yukito Tanaka
Deck: Prophecy Deck
Personality: Though he maybe mute, Yukito is an ambitious and determined individual. Understanding that strife and existence are hand in hand, Yukito maintains an adventurous spirit and is confident in his own skills. He tends to act much more meek when within the presence of his friends but he'll defend those he grows to care for without question.
Duel Runner:

King Serperior

He looks great, Laughing!  Now, I think I have decided my character:

Name:  Karen Ito
Deck:  Jurrac
Personality:  Playful, Taunting, and Merciless
Duel Runner:  No Image Currently 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Yukina

King Serperior

Thanks!  The Jurracs provide the Agro-Beatdown that the team seems to need currently.  Not so great on the defense, but who needs defense when you have monsters that grow stronger with every turn and quickly climb up the food chain?   >:)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Silk

Name: Nariko Litan
Deck: Melodious
Personality: Known for being cheerful and energetic in front of the camera, Nariko takes particular enjoyment in creating and dressing up in different costumes as part of her show, which follows the exploits of the her friends dueling team, with aspirations that soon she will be able to join them as a duelist now she recently gained her duel runners lisence, although this requires her to stop spending all of her money on costumes first. However off screen she is noticably more dour and quiet, something she claims is just saving her energy for the next show.
Duel Runner: doesn't have one yet

King Serperior

She's accepted, Silk!

Okay, before we get to discussing and chattering in the OOC, located here, I ask that Yugi, Laughing, and Silk post your characters so we can keep track of things.  I hope to get the IC up later today though.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

When at first you don't succeed, try again.  If you don't succeed the second time, believe that the third time's the charm!

So, I have done a number of changes, such as expanding the character profiles that I can use.  I am looking for two dedicated players who don't mind a story-based game that will be very slow.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Batman4560

King Serperior

Quote from: Batman4560 on December 27, 2015, 05:14:49 PM
I'm interested at the very least. :)
Great!  May I ask what your thoughts may be in regards to character ideas?  I would also like to ask what it is that you expect from this game?  Do you have a personal preference as to deck type, be it an archetype like The Six Samurai or perhaps a mix-and-match deck with a single focus (I.E. Burn, Beatdown, Mill, etc)?

On that note, regarding the eight characters I may use in the first post:  As you can see, I have chosen to not choose super powerful decks, preferring to use deck types that I, as a player, personally enjoy.  I would expect such from those who are interested.  The story would be less interesting if the characters all used Dragon Ruler-level decks to slaughter every foe they came across.

EDIT:  By the way, I did check your O/Os and Ideas thread for reference and you seem to not like group games.  While, granted, this is going to be just three players, myself included, I am wondering what it is that makes you possibly making an exception here and if that preference to not do group games maybe becoming an issue in the future?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Batman4560

Wow that is a lot to look at off the bat. Lets see....

1. Character ideas? It's always nice to see characters grow from one thing to another, such as the first Yu-Gi-Oh series where Kiba started off as a villain but by the end of the series, while he was still a rival he was a good guy. I'd just like to see writers but real effort behind their characters and play what they like.

2. I really just expect to play a story driven game. So many of them aren't that it sort of wears on a writer from time to time.

3. Deck types? Oh yes. I have three decks that I love to use and they are really old school for the most part. My favorite is my Amazoness deck, then I have an Exodia deck that is mostly defense and draw power and my elemental hero deck. I have them all sitting around in one the boxes in my house somewhere. I personally hate level decks and actually left the card game shortly before those decks came around.

4. While it's true that I don't tend to do group games anymore it's mostly because some select stories and writers have left a bad taste in my mouth and I don't want to get asked to write them all the time. I used to write mostly in group games but gave it up. I still like them and simply want the freedom to refuse to write in some group games without being pestered. If it's a story I can really get behind and support I'll be around till the end.

King Serperior

Quote from: Batman4560 on December 27, 2015, 07:04:23 PM
Wow that is a lot to look at off the bat. Lets see....
Yeah, sorry about that!  A large portion of it is the eight possible characters I could use, but most of the idea is explained in a single paragraph.
1. Character ideas? It's always nice to see characters grow from one thing to another, such as the first Yu-Gi-Oh series where Kiba started off as a villain but by the end of the series, while he was still a rival he was a good guy. I'd just like to see writers but real effort behind their characters and play what they like.
That is what I hope to see as well, but I was asking what sort of character idea do you have in mind?  What kind of character do you see yourself writing?
2. I really just expect to play a story driven game. So many of them aren't that it sort of wears on a writer from time to time.
That's exactly what this will be.  This will be quite the dark game overall and that leaves little time for anything except story.
3. Deck types? Oh yes. I have three decks that I love to use and they are really old school for the most part. My favorite is my Amazoness deck, then I have an Exodia deck that is mostly defense and draw power and my elemental hero deck. I have them all sitting around in one the boxes in my house somewhere. I personally hate level decks and actually left the card game shortly before those decks came around.
Now that is perfectly fine.  Older decks are okay.  However, you saying that you left the game early leaves me wondering just how much you know regarding the game up to the 5Ds and Zexal eras (the former being the setting this game takes place in and the latter being where a number of cards will be coming from).  In order for the game to flow smoothly, a good general knowledge of such cards and strategies would be appreciated.

That said, Amazoness, Exodia, and HERO decks are quite decent and good choices.
4. While it's true that I don't tend to do group games anymore it's mostly because some select stories and writers have left a bad taste in my mouth and I don't want to get asked to write them all the time. I used to write mostly in group games but gave it up. I still like them and simply want the freedom to refuse to write in some group games without being pestered. If it's a story I can really get behind and support I'll be around till the end.
Okay, thank you for the explanation on that.  I was just worried that your tendency to not do group games anymore would be difficult.  I have seen some who don't do group games try to join them, then leave without warning.  It's just another thing I wanted to be sure of.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Batman4560

OH I can write all sorts. Honestly I haven't given it much thought but if I had to pick right now I'd likely end up playing the guy who is good but never quite the best. If that makes any sense?

King Serperior

Oh, no need to pick this very instant.  Just keep something in mind.  Think of the deck you want your character to use and think of how this character would interact with one of his teammates (one of the eight I will use when we have two players and characters decided).

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Batman4560

Oh I was wondering, even though there are only X amount of players how many characters are there going to be?

King Serperior

It will be three Duelists to a main team, though each team may have between 1-5 other members.  Those extra members will either be maintenance, backup duelists if one of the main three are injured, and analysts who help the team prepare.  The tournament will have three teams (totally nine main duelists each) that represent them.  I have not decided all the countries just yet, but there will be a pretty decent number.  There will also be at least one team who may or may not have other goals beyond the tournament.  Most characters will not appear except during a tournament duel, but there will be some who will recur often.

So, long story short:  I have no idea how many characters there will be.  >.>

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Batman4560

LOL o.k. I only ask because I'm happy to play as many as are needed. Also when the time gets closer I'll do some research to figure things out. I know a bit about 5 d's from the anime but not much.

King Serperior

I'll keep that in mind when such a situation arises.  However, as we are missing a player and no one has an exact character set up, we can worry about that later.  Thanks for the offer though.   :-)

That said, if you have questions, feel free to ask.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

We will be, if you are interested in being player #3?  Of course, as like last time, this will require some understanding of the 5Ds setting and cards/strategy from the Zexal series.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Silk

Sure or I can do the background character again if you still want that to be a thing. :)

King Serperior

Well, since it won't be solely focused on dueling (there will be duels), you could do a character that helps the team prepare and be the team's 'face.'  I can always have the third teammate be an NPC out of the list of eight I have in the first post.  That's only if you want to since I really liked your character concept.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Batman4560

Silk I actually really liked your character profile from the last game too. I went and looked at everything to see what I was getting into. OH and I have an idea for my character. :)

King Serperior

Quote from: Batman4560 on December 28, 2015, 10:57:04 PM
OH and I have an idea for my character. :)
Great!  I'd love to hear what you have in mind.   :-)

@Silk:  Speaking of the character profiles, I have made some small additions to the character profile format from last time.  You may want up update her if you want.   :-)

Once we have both yours and Batman's characters decided, I'll pick one of mine to be the primary character and will pick out another character from them to be the third teammate.  As for possible second characters for you two, you can create two others for the team, but they'll be supporting characters on the team, either as backup duelists, maintenance (or something along those lines), or even be both.  Though, the secondary characters will not be in the limelight as the main ones, they will have their own duties and roles.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Batman4560

Would you like me to just fill out a character sheet the way you have set up on the first page?

King Serperior

Of course!  Feel free to fill it out.  A good grasp on the characters is very useful for interactions.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace