The Edge of Darkness (Science Fiction) [NC Freeform]

Started by GloomCookie, August 31, 2010, 12:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Heres a rough draft. I wanted to do a secret society type of character so I hope the little backstory will be alright

Name: Sedon Imal (Pronounced: Say Don)
PoB: Alpha Centuri
Marital Status: Single
Specialization: Marine - Fighter ops
Squad support (sniper)
Xenobiology
Sexual stimulation
Brief Bio: When mankind was first exploring the galaxy and jumped into Alpha Centari the Bastet found what might have been the one of the earliest encounters with extra-terrestrial life. Back then the bastet found a dead ship floating just out of sensor range of Alpha Centari. They came across it purely out of coincidence when the captain went to look around the neighboring planets. A group of people were sent over on an exploration mission and found a dead race of creatures similar to invertabrets but with bladed appendages. Soon a few of the creatures awoke and attacked. They killed the group easily and made their way back aboard the bastet, and a long bloody day took place as the few creatures and crew fought. Eventually the last few of the aliens were killed but with major loss of life.

The captain returned to Alpha centari and soon retired. It wasnt long till he founded a philosophical institution and taught men and women how to fight the creatures that invaded their ship. This group would later be known as Meyans, people trained in close hand combat able to stand toe to toe against any alien no matter how deadly its body makeup was. However Meyans also became curious explorers and innovators that designed tech of all kinds. However years later as political situations in Alpha Centuri solidified the Meyan's became outcasts and even traitors thanks to a few key political figures. As they were once hero's amoung the people, now they are at best considered secret society and in Alpha centuri some still think of them as traitors to the coalition

Sedon is one such Meyan born just twenty years ago to his father Kel, a doctor, and his mother Mila, a security operative. At an early age Sedon was brought into the Meyans and taught the way of war against aliens as well as the basics in medicine. He showed an innate talent with swords and other slashing weapons which proved useful in confined spaces like ship interiors, but he also became a crack shot with a rifle, enabling him to pick off people from hundreds of meters away and with pin point accuracy.

Sedon has never seen one of the aliens he was trained to fight but he has reservations about it. If a fight breaks out he has no doubt about his ability or commitment to keep himself and his crew alive but at the same time he wonders if the aliens first encountered by the Meyans had mearly been driven mad by isolation or other reasons beyond human understanding. Whatever the case he has worked hard to show his capability in combat and his xenobiological expertise, allowing him to gain a position on the harbinger

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

GloomCookie

*pulls Brandon into a hug* I love the idea, so here's what I'll do.  Rather than be on the ship when they first set off, we'll find you somewhere in the galaxy.  Kosher?  If you would, please change your profile a bit so that we can find you, and then once we get going we'll encounter your people.  You can come aboard as a representative.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Brandon

That could work but my concern is with how others might view the Meyan. They were officially declared traitors to the coalition after decades of hard work as explorers and innovators, come to think of it I suppose I could tack on guardians as well. The truth of their transition into boogymen is likely buried or nearly forgotten to history.

Although it could be an interesting story in and of itself, proving that the Alpha centuri political officials of the past wrongfully accused them and possibly even convicted them without trial. Although Im not sure that kind of story fits for a space exploratory kind of game

Oh and while Im thinking about it, I figured the Meyan have some custom pieces of equipment that Sedon probably has, feel free to give input. You can see in the picture it looks like his eyes are glowing behind a black mask. I figure that is a Mask that allows him to see all the different light spectrums at once. Their armor (also seen in the picture) is likely specially made to deflect slashing and piercing weapons/appendages but less capable at absorbing blunt force trauma. Its also likely made out of a material that resists natural dangers like acids, extreme heat, and maybe even the cold of space. Then theres the signature melee weapons of ancient earth, which are probably made out of a special alloy, gemstone, or unknown material and resist damage while still being able to slice through the hardest of organic plates and chitin.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

GloomCookie

What I meant was that humans don't know aliens exist, so the ship would eventually discover your kind on a planet somewhere.
My DeviantArt

Vandren

Question on Certifications:

I'm putting together a Supply - Armory individual.  Neither certification under Supply seems appropriate for an armory officer.  So, can other "Primary Career" choices be certification options too?  For example, it would make sense to me if an Armory officer also had Marine Fire Team or Command Weapons certification.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

aya

Name: Elise Summers
PoB: Europa
Marital Status: Single
Primary Career: Medical - Primary Care
Certifications: EVA Tech, Combat Medicine, Sexual Stimulation
Orientation: Heterosexual
Brief Bio: Elise was born into a poor family- her parents were simple farmers, tending to the vast hydroponics operations on Europa. Although there was much work to be done, their parents were not very rich at all, sometimes barely getting by with enough money. Elise, being their only child, always volunteered to help; to their protests. Her parents had always wanted her to focus on her studies. One day, both of them had contracted a waterborne disease common to those in their work- they died shortly after.

After the death of her parents, Elise was taken up by an orphanage. Keeping true to her parents wishes, she studied and studied. She had always been smart, but often skipped education to help the family get by. Now having the chance, she held nothing back, quickly becoming recognized as one of the brightest students in school. She entered a Primary Care career in Medicine, her brief but successful work leading in her recruitment for the CWS Harbinger.

Elise has a kind personality, wanting to help others as much as possible. She is quick to make the first move in friendships, and prides herself on being reliable when people are in need. However, her kindness is often easily exploited, as she is a little too trusting at times.

Hope it's okay, let me know if anything needs to be changed :)

aya

Thanks :P I had Xenobiology at first, but a bunch of other people already have it so.. I picked EVA Tech because nobody else did xD

GloomCookie

Everyone save Brandon is approved and ready to go.  Brandon, you're only non-approved because we aren't in a position to include you quite yet.

Also, the RP is HERE
My DeviantArt