Vampire the Masquerade Interest Check [Closed/Full]

Started by Blythe, May 11, 2013, 05:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Oh, I have decided to open up a 6th slot for this game. Just to let everyone know.

Working on the pack priest, a female Assamite antitribu (never gotten to play one, and I've always wanted to).

Geeklet

Blythe

Ravnos antitribu are okay by me, Geeklet.

Nadir

>_>

Can I change my mind?

*wants this too bad to say no*

Blythe

The last two slots have not been filled...so it's not too late to change your mind.  :-)

EDIT: Those of you who are interested but don't have sheets, you can PM me with questions or ask for ideas if you want a bit of back and forth about it.

Lady Lunarius

Profile pm'd boss ^_^ Lemme know what you think. *Dances*
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Blythe

Just wanted to let you guys know that it might be a day or two before I post more info, with the exception of the pack priest I'm making, who will be posted within a couple of hours. I seem to have multiple people interested in the last two slots, and I'd like to compare and look at what type of characters they are considering.

Blythe

All right, everyone. Here's the pack priest. Feel free to ask about character hooks, if you need them.

A couple of notes. Tariq is the name of the pack priest's sire, and he appears to be more than he seems. Tariq sometimes, out of favoritism to this pack in particular, gives this pack duties to attend to regarding slaying certain members of the Camarilla. It is strongly suspected by all members of the pack that Tariq is a member of the Black Hand, although the older vampire has not confirmed (and likely will not) this, although such close proximity with Tariq implies the Black Hand is interested in one or more members of this Sabbat pack for recruitment.

The question everyone might be thinking....vampires and sex?

Yup. V20 makes it clear vamps like sex, although it's nothing compared to feeding. In the Revised edition as well, it's mentioned that vampires can force blood into certain parts of their body, they still have active nerve endings, and that means sex works and feels good, although vampires likely register sex more strongly intellectually and sensuously, since feeding is their primary physical carnality. And a lot of vampires simply mix both worlds.

Pack priest!

Name: Kifah bint Tariq al-Kattan (Kifah, daughter of Tariq, of the family Kattan)

Clan: Assamite antitribu

Personality: Kifah is the epitome of an elegant monster. She is a deliberate and calculating predator. She sees casual violence as a sign of immaturity and dishonor, though. Premeditated pain against another is the sign of a civilized and ambitious mind in her eyes, but wanton destruction is beastly. To Kifah, all things must have a reason, although once that reason is found, she becomes an unholy perpetrator of violence and misery. Otherwise, she is soft-spoken, firm, and seems to genuinely care about her packmates, although she has a special disdain for those that complain too often.

History:
She has forsaken what she believes to be the false morality of mortality and is a practitioner of the Path of Honorable Accord, taught to her by her sire in the early nights of her Embrace.  Due to her clan weakness, she treats the Vaulderie as sacred and as threatning as a Blood Bond, so she does not take it lightly. She slew the last Ductus (pack leader) for treachery, and now she, by default, leads a Sabbat pack until her sire Tariq (charged with handling this particular matter) either decides to appoint a new Ductus or make her the Ductus of the pack. 

She was Embraced more than a century ago, and she does not speak much of her former life, as she believes referencing her history as a human is pointless now that she is of the Kindred. What little is known about her indicates she was likely a Muslim with Arabic as her native language, most assuredly from somewhere in the Middle East, and she seems to be (sporadically) well-educated. She seems to be on good terms with her sire Tariq, who is a Templar of the Sabbat. She claims to have come to New York City about thirty years ago with her sire from Mexico City, although her sire will not confirm this story. If asked who the family of Kattan is, the family she supposedly hails from, she becomes very bitter and sullen, saying only that "Blood is blood."

Your Kink List: The only two kinks off of the table for this character will be scat and snuff. Anything else is permissible if discussed with me in advance.

Kifah, pack priest and temporary Ductus

Nature: , Demeanor:
Path of Enlightenment: Path of Honorable Accord 5 (on pg. 326 of V20)
Assamite Clan Weakness: Using the addiction to Kindred vitae. Assamite antitribu with the Sabbat  don't suffer from the Tremere blood curse. (on pg. 428 of V20)

Attributes:
Physical: Strength 2, Dexterity 4, Stamina 4.
Social: Charisma 2, Manipulation 3, Appearance 3.
Mental: Perception 2, Intelligence 2, Wits 2.

Talents
Alertness 2, Subterfuge 2, Intimidation 2, Leadership 2, Streetwise 2, Athletics 1, Empathy 2

Skills
Stealth 3, Larceny 3, Drive 1, Etiquette 2

Abilities:
Knowledges
Occult 3 (Sabbat Lore), Politics 2, Investigation 2, Medicine 2

Disciplines:
Obfuscate 3, Quietus 3, Celerity 3, Fortitude 2

Virtues:
Conscience: 2 , Self-control: 3, Courage: 5, Willpower: 6

Backgrounds:
Generation 4, Resources 1

Merits:
Primogen/Bishop Friendship (4 pt.) (pg 489 of V20), Language (2 pt.) (Spanish, English)

Flaws:
Beacon of the Unholy (2 pt.)  (pg 494 of V20), Thirst for Innocence (2 pt.) (pg. 486 of V20)Vengeful (2 pt.) (pg 486 of V20)

(freebies spent: 7 dots on Celerity 1, 7 on Fortitude, 1 on Willpower)
(total of 75 EXP spent on pack priest)

Edit: Needs some tweaking, I know (specially for a few abilities pack priests might need). But this is a fairly good rough draft of her.

Wargtass

Quote from: Blythe on May 13, 2013, 03:50:38 AM
The question everyone might be thinking....vampires and sex?

Yup. V20 makes it clear vamps like sex, although it's nothing compared to feeding. In the Revised edition as well, it's mentioned that vampires can force blood into certain parts of their body, they still have active nerve endings, and that means sex works and feels good, although vampires likely register sex more strongly intellectually and sensuously, since feeding is their primary physical carnality. And a lot of vampires simply mix both worlds.

Mix with that the Sabbat's habitual Vaulderie and tendency to otherwise share blood with each other and you have a properly good time for everyone involved... perhaps not the gimp-ghoul who might be drained during the evening, but we are Sabbat, so why care about it?  ;D

I'll work up a sheet sometime today.
O/O

AlexStone

Mechanically speaking, we should make new characters according to the V20 rules?

Geeklet

Speaking of V20, I really don't have that book, and just the old VtM books. Are there any differences I need to know as far as character creation?

Wargtass

Quote from: Geeklet on May 13, 2013, 08:22:00 AM
Speaking of V20, I really don't have that book, and just the old VtM books. Are there any differences I need to know as far as character creation?

Not that I have notice, no. It's essentially some minor tweaks to the system and disciplines.
O/O

Florence

Fuck. :I I hurt my ankle last night, judging how its swollen as hell and still sore, I think its safe to say its a sprain.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Blythe

Sorry to hear that, Finn. Ouch.

Quote from: Geeklet on May 13, 2013, 08:22:00 AM

The biggest thing you need to know is that Dodge no longer exists as an ability. Linguistics is also not an ability now--it's a merit.

There's also a Knowledge skill called "Expert Knowledge," and this skill essentially covers anything not already found in the knowledges section, such as "Archaeology, Game Theory, Military Science, Psychology."

Also, for all those who are making characters following a Path of Enlightenment, remember this about virtues: normally you get three free dots, one in each virtue, before spending the seven you get to add. However, if you possess Conviction rather than Conscience, you do not receive a free dot in that statistic. If you posses Instinct rather than Self-Control, you do not receive a free dot in that statistic. Courage will always receive it's free dot.

Sabbat members must have, starting out, at least 5 willpower, and they cannot have a Path rating above 5.

I'm not permitting anyone wanting to play a ghoul to play a Path of Enlightenment, by the way.

Geeklet

So here is a basic overview of the character:

Name: Monica DuVall

Clan: Ravnos AT

Personality: Rebellious and capricious, though age seems to have tempered her outbursts as of late.

History: Originally she joined the Sabbat after being spurned one to many times by the prejudices of the Camarilla in various cities regarding her clan. As long as her anger was directed towards their enemies, most of the other Sabbat were happy. Well, tolerated her, at least. When the Week of Nightmares hit, that was when things began to take a turn for the worse. She was one of the few to survive, thankfully after the rest of her old pack locked her up until she came back to her senses. But now she was left with unanswered questions, like why the founding clans of the Sabbat claimed their progenitors were dead, yet neither one had suffered like she had. With these questions, and others like it, many labeled her a heretic, and did whatever they could to get rid of her.

But Monica was a survivor, and withstood every punishment they could throw at her. In time, she wouldn't even say anything, yet still get put into situations no one thought she could make it back from, just from spite. Someone higher up noticed her skill at surviving, and decided to direct her rebellion towards a more worthy goal, and set her upon her current path. And though she still has questions, she's learned when the time is right.

Your Kink List: I'm open for just about anything, except for scat and full-on bestiality. Would prefer not to engage in excessive needleplay either, but given the nature of the sabbat and vampires, I could understand a little bit on occasion to draw blood and whatnot. Other than that, I'm willing to try just about anything.

Blythe

Geeklet, sheet approved. Changes might be made later, as we decide timeline/current canon (le sigh about constantly changing metaplot that V20 doesn't really answer for me). Welcome to the Sabbat.  >:)

Everyone, an OOC will be up soon (within a day, as I write some stuff for it) as I wait to fill the last slot. The OOC will have plot details, and we can discuss how this pack came together, who has ties to other characters, and what you do and do not want for the story.

AlexStone

If you need something metaploty looked up or looked into, let me know.  I have a few reference bits for the setting lying around.

Blythe

You've been PMed, Alex, as there was something I was having trouble finding, and it does influence another player's sheet.

AndyZ

Quote from: Blythe on May 12, 2013, 06:52:15 PM
There is still one slot available. I will require confirmation that you've read and understood my rules in the manner indicated in the opening rules post, though.

EDIT: Derp. Can't believe I typed "rule" twice.

Second edit: Also, Andy, I just now noticed you took Black Hand membership. Just wanted you to note this from one of my earlier posts.

Fair warning that I don't always get the chance to double-check edits.  Most of my watching threads comes from getting e-mails to my phone while I'm at work.

That said, I can flip those two points to Blush of Health or something similar easily enough.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Blythe

Quote from: AndyZ on May 13, 2013, 11:55:17 PM
That said, I can flip those two points to Blush of Health or something similar easily enough.

That would work.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Blythe

That sheet works for me, AndyZ.

Also, might be two or three days before an OOC is up. I hit my head kind of bad today (and have a light concussion), and concentrating and going through my VtM sourcebooks is taking a while. I'll PM all of you and update this thread with a link when the OOC is up. Suggestions for things you want to include in a chronicle can be put here or PMed to me.

AndyZ

Blythe

Okay, a rough OOC is up.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=174183.msg8232208#msg8232208

Here you guys go. It's not the best OOC I've ever written, and I suspect I have more work to do, but I think it's enough to where all of you have more information about the game.

Blythe

Open for recruitment again. We need 2 more players.