Recip E!s with Despickable & Xandi

Started by Autumn52, July 15, 2010, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn52

Well everyone I forgot to put a recipe in this week so I thought I would put this one out there for anyone who wants to try it.

Corn & Rice Casserole

Ingredients:
3 1/3 Cups of Water
1/2 Cup of Butter (1 stick)
10oz. package of Yellow Saffron Rice
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup (a good Brand does make a difference in this)
2 Cups Shredded Monteray and Cheddar cheese mixed to equal 2 cups
(I use about 1 1/2 cups of Monteray and 1/2 cup of Cheddar)
16 oz. Frozen White Corn (yellow will work in a pinch)

Instructions:
Bring water to a boil, add in rice and butter and cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
After the rice is cooked put in a big bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients, (save 1/2 cup of cheese for the top). After everything is completely mixed put it in a greased 13x9" baking dish and top with remaining cheese. I spray the dish with one of those non stick sprays.

Bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until bubbly and brown around the edges.

It is so good. *hurries to make some now.* I might post a picture later.

I hope if you make this you enjoy it as much as I do....... ;D

I made Beguile's Broccoli recipe and My Corn and Rice Casserole. I will do complete reviews next week but I wanted to put the picture in before I lose it....Giggles

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

despickable

Des:Well time flies when you’re eating your fill.

I have been to a wedding, (don’t worry girls it wasn’t mine) and I have been working like a trojan horse’s jockey and it has come along to our time here for recipes.
I know Xandi has been working the kitchen and has reviews the best I can do is eat my own cooking. It’s winter here it has been raining so much here I swear I saw a man with a long white beard building an ark of some kind. So it has been soups and coffee as the food of choice. So my question is.
What is a good winter food suggestion that is easy to cook and I can do with just a pan and a stove top and being all thumbs? I want more than just soup in a can.

Xandi: I have a great recipe that I have when I want something comforting and a feel good food. It is very easy, and quick to make.

Des: Just like me, quick and easy to make (lol)

Xandi: It’s called Tomato and Okra (Recipe to follow)
All you need to make this is a pot for the rice and a medium size skillet and of coarse the ingredients. (giggles)

Des: Check I have them.

Xandi: It’s a warming meal that takes 30 minutes from start to finish to make. It is so simple to make that even you can’t even screw this up. (giggles under breath)

Des: Such confidence in me. See what I have to deal with here folks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Des: I have a little recipe to share its simple and shows just what I can do to make a simple meal taste good.

DES’ HAPPY BURGERS

Get yourself some hamburgers fresh from the butcher.
I coated them with the following spices.
Steak Spice
Rosemary
Italian Mixed Herbs
Granulated Garlic

I smothered that into the prepared burgers. I get burgers already made but you can make them with the mince if you want and do it all together.

Fry those babies on the skillet. Turning them over every few minutes.
Steam or boil selected vegetable of your choosing.
When burgers are at the level you like them, do as I do with the knife and cut through to look at the color of the meat and drop two eggs on the top of them.
The egg should fry on the burgers and lo and behold you have two tasty treats ready.
Drain the veggies and drain the water add them to the plate along side the burgers and you have them.

Oh why do I call them Des' Happy Burgers. Cos when I have burgers I’m happy.

Additional. If you want to add mushrooms or onions etc. then do what ever makes you happy. And then they are your happy burgers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xandi: Des that sounds good I think I will have to try that. Now for my recipe.......

Xandi's Tomato & Okra

Ingredients:

1 - 15oz. Can of Diced Tomato's
1/2 a package of Frozen cut Okra (16oz.)
1 pound of Lean Ground Hamburger or Ground Turkey
1 Medium size Onion (diced)
Seasonings to taste
I use: Season Salt (included in it is garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper, paprika)
White Rice (use directions in the other post for this)

Instructions:

In a saucepan that has a lid put on some white rice to cook. (use the instructions given earlier in the thread for this step)

In a medium skillet begin to brown the meat when it is about half way done put in the diced onions and finish cooking the meat, the onions should be done too. Next add the can of tomato's, okra and the seasonings. Stir until mixed well and add 1/2 cup of water. Cover with tin foil or a lid and cook for the remainder of the time until your rice is done. Should be a total cooking time of 30 minutes. DO NOT overcook. Okra can get slimy if overcooked. Serve the Tomato's and Okra over the white rice and enjoy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xandi's Reviews

I made the Corn and Rice Casserole and the Broccoli dish that Beguile's Mistress gave us the recipe for. I had some friends over last weekend and this was what they thought:

Male: Broccoli Dish is so gooooood. I love the nuts with the veggies and the taste of the balsamic was wonderful. I also loved how the broccoli did not get mushy. The bacon gave it a nice flavor but bacon taste good on everything. The Corn and Rice Casserole was really good as well. I liked the mix of cheese in the dish and how creamy it was. Who doesn't love Corn and Rice.....

Female: I loved both dishes, the broccoli was a nice compliment to the chicken and the casserole. I liked the hint of mushroom in the casserole, was just a side flavor but added a nice creaminess to the dish. I would have gone a little lighter on the cheese but it was very good. The Broccoli was fabo. It was different that the usual cheese of butter. I will make this dish.

Male: I loved the Corn and Rice casserole. It was soooo cheesy and so delicious. I liked the Broccoli too. I especially loved the bacon flavor and the nuts. (I am a guy what can you expect)
I liked the rice stuff too cause the rice was perfectly cooked. I was worried when I watched you make it that the rice would get overcooked but it wasn't.

Female: I enjoyed both dishes. The Broccoli had some unique flavors I am not use to with Broccoli. I loved the bacon and the balsamic flavors it was very tasty and I will make this dish at home. The Corn and Rice Casserole was not my favorite thing in the world. I thought it had to much cheese. The flavor was good but if I make it at home I will reduce the amount of cheese.

Xandi's Comments: I have made a mental note to not invite that last female friend over again...not really just kidding. I love cheese and really I use more than the recipe calls for so anyone who is not a big cheese love can just reduce the amount of cheese and the dish will be great. Now for the broccoli....It was Awesome...with a capital 'A'. I could not even get the picture done before my friends were devouring it. I loved the nuts and the bacon, it was so wonderful I will definitely make it again. Thanks Beguile for the recipe, and my friends thank you too.

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Callista

Callista's  Thai Chicken

This best when the sauce is made the day before.  Then all you have to do is cook noodles and add garnish.  Easy......

Ingredients:

1 Cup Creamy or Chunky Peanut Butter  your choice.
1 Cup Dark Sesame Oil
3/4 Cup Orange Juice
1/2 Cup Rice Vinegar
1/3 Cup & 2 Tbl  Soy Sauce
3 Tbl Honey Mustard (HoneyCup Brand is best, hard to find) very spicy sweet
2 Tbl Hot Chili Oil
4 1/2 cups diced chicken breast (about four breasts)

Combine the above and if you can let it set, covered, in the frig.    When you are ready to eat; prepare about a pound of angel hair pasta, drain, no need to rinse.  Pour on the sauce and mix.

For a pretty garnish I use chopped green onions sprinkled on top.  Enjoy!
Graze on my lips; and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie.  William Shakespeare
Different hearts beat on different strings
Apologies and Absences
Ons & Offs
Another Ons & Offs
Roleplay Request

Autumn52

That sounds great Callista I am for sure going to be trying that out....

Thanks and Des could probably do it too.....giggles (with his two left hands)

not really Des...hugs

Thanks again Callista and hugs
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Callista

Graze on my lips; and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie.  William Shakespeare
Different hearts beat on different strings
Apologies and Absences
Ons & Offs
Another Ons & Offs
Roleplay Request

despickable

Thanks Callista you are a sweety. As for you Xandi for you being cheek when I make her recipe, you aren't getting any...lol

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Autumn52

Xandi:Well another week has flown by and its time to talk to my partner in crime, Des, about our week in the culinary world. So Des what was it like for you this week in the kitchen?

Des: I had another attempt at an omelet this week and I think I got it about 70% right this time. I did the eggs and followed the recipe as written here. I greased my pan then realized I needed the other pan to saute my veggies and put the eggs in the big pan not the small one and tried to change it over. I forgot to grease the other pan before I put the eggs in, so I sprayed the eggs with the non stick spray. ((I'm pissing myself laughing, I am almost in the floor laughing at this while trying to type. Des is not to happy that I'm laughing so much cause he can't get the horror out)). I started cooking the omelet and doing the eggs in the other pan and I didn't have an air bubble like last time. I did not realize about the spray until it was to late and you can guess what happened when I tried to flip the bugger. I put the veggies on the omelet and tried to fold it and stuff but it broke all to pieces so I wouldn't call it a omelet I would call it a bloodly mess. But it was tasty and it could have been worse, the fire brigade could have shown up.

Xandi: Ok I think we can all learn a lesson from this disaster. ((trying not to laugh myself silly now)) We should have all our 'eggs' in a row before starting any cooking project. Now moving on before I do piss myself. What else happened for you this week Des?

Des: I don't know if I should say anything at all after that reaction. (pouts) I updated my Bah Mee recipe this week adding mushrooms, and instead of using bacon I used ham (I used shitake mushrooms) and it was delicious. To add some creaminess you can add a little cream but I loved it my way.

Xandi: That sounds great and it doesn't sound like a disaster at all. I mean of course it wasn't a disaster, it sounds lovely. (giggling softly)

Des: ((After Des wipes up the mess made from all the giggling he continues))
When I make spaghetti I often have sauce with meat left over from the bolognaise. I reheat it and put it on toast. I usually use a spaghetti sauce you can buy in a jar spicing it up the way I like it. A little trick I learned when cooking spaghetti to aldente is take one strand out and throw it against the wall and if it sticks it is done. (Once again Xandi is laughing her ass off) It is a good idea to throw that strand away or you will have some interesting decoration on your wall and a good talking point at parties.

Xandi: I have no comment on the spaghetti on the wall trick other that to just say that I just taste one strand to see if it is cooked the way I like it. And I usually toss any pasta in the sauce it is meant for so that the noodles get infused with the sauce. I love the idea of reheating the leftover sauce and eating it on toast. I would imagine that would be a great way to use up any left over garlic bread as well. ((Still giggling and wondering if Des has spaghetti on his walls))

Des: I wanted to thank everyone who has put recipes into the thread. It is very much appreciated and we are enjoying reading them and trying them out.

Xandi: That's right Des. I agree 100%, not like your 70% omelet.(giggles) I'll get around to trying all the recipes, please don't get discouraged if we haven't tried yours yet. Things have been hectic and I promise I will try them. Hugs and Kisses for everyone.

Now onto the recipes for this week:

Xandi's Home Made Pizza/Roll Dough

Ingredients:
1 Cup Milk (whole milk is best)
1 Egg
1/2 tsp. Salt (for rolls increase to 1 tsp.)
3 Tbs. Butter (softened or melted if you don't have a bread machine)
1 Rounded Tbs. Sugar
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Rounded tsp. Active Dry Yeast

Instructions:
If you have a bread machine with a dough setting this could not be easier. Put all the ingredients in the machine in the order listed above and start the machine. Once the machine signals it is finished take the dough out and shape into 2 large pizza crust or the size rolls you want. If I am making buns with this recipe it will make 6 large buns if I am making rolls I just make 12 medium size rolls with this recipe.

Now if you do not have a bread machine this recipe is still very simple if you have a mixer with a dough hook. Place 1/4 cup of the milk in a glass bowl and heat in the microwave for a few seconds you only want to warm it up do not get the temperature to hot (not over 110* or it will kill the yeast). Once it is warm add the yeast and sugar and set aside.

Put the remainder of the milk in the mixing bowl along with the melted butter, and egg. Let those mix on low while you measure your dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the flour and salt. Now look at your yeast and sugar mixture, if it is bubbly then your yeast is ready to go. Pour it into the milk and butter and then slowly add your flour and salt until your dough forms. Let the dough hook knead your dough for about 5 minutes. The dough should form a ball and pull away from the sides of the bowl. If it is still a little sticky, (sometime with dough if the weather is wet this will happen) just add a little flour until the dough is not sticky anymore. Grease the bowl you mixed the dough in (put the dough out on the counter and just put a little oil the the mixing bowl just to coat the sides). After the bowl is greased put the dough back and cover with a warm wet tea towel. Let it rise for 45 minutes to and hour. After the first rise is done shape the dough into whatever you choose. It is great for Pizzas or roll or even buns.

Let the dough for the rolls or buns rise again for about 30 to 45 minutes and then put a little melted butter on top and bake for 13 -15 minutes at 350*. The rolls will be nice a golden brown on top.

For Pizza you don't have to let it rise a second time. Just put your toppings on and bake in a 475 to 500* oven until your topping and cheese are perfect. YUMMY.....

I hope you enjoy this. I love it.

Xandi's Favorite Cheesecake Supreme

Ingredients:
Crust:
1 Cup Sifted Flour
1 Tsp. Grated Lemon Peel
1 Slightly Beaten Egg Yolk
1/2 Cup Sugar (regular Granulated)
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Tsp. Vanilla

Instructions:
Combine flour, sugar, and lemon peel. Cut in the butter until creamy. Add egg yolk and vanilla. Mix well. Pat 1/3 of dough on bottom of a 9" spring form pan (remove the sides while doing this). Bake at 400* for 8 minutes or until golden brown: cool. Butter sides of pan: Attach bottom. Pat the remaining dough on the sides of the pan to height of about 1 and 3/4 inches up.  Set aside.

Filling:
Ingredients:

5 - 8 oz. packages of cream cheese (softened to room temp.)
1/4 Tsp. Vanilla
3/4 Tsp. Grated Lemon Peel
1 3/4 Cups Sugar (granulated)
3 Tbs. Flour (AP)
1/4 Tsp. Salt
4 or 5 whole eggs (1 cup total)
2 Egg yolks
1/4 Cup Whipping Cream (Heavy Cream)

Instructions:
Put cream cheese in mixing bowl and beat until nice and creamy; add vanilla and lemon peel. Mix sugar, flour, and salt in a bowl. Gradually add to cream cheese. Next add in the eggs and egg yolks one at a time mixing well after each one. Once that is mixed well turn mixer off and mix in the creme by hand. Once everything is mixed in well, pour into the perpared crust and bake.

Bake at 350* for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn oven off and open oven door but don't take the cheesecake out yet. Let it cool in the oven with the door open for 30 minutes. Once that time has elapsed remove the cheesecake and place on a cooling rack and after 30 more minutes remove the sides of the pan then cool completely. At least an additional 2 hours. Best if cooled completely on counter and then refrigerate until cold then eat and yummy.

Now when preparing your oven for the cheesecake. Put a large pan on the bottom rack that is filled with water. The water bath with help the cheesecake to not crack. Put the cheesecake on the top rack in the oven while baking. This is flawless and comes out wonderful each and every time. I garnish it with fresh berries and home made whipped creme. Enjoy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We don't have any reviews for the week this time sorry guys. Next week we will try and have something. Hugs !!!!!!

despickable

Des: Well we are back again the week has flown by and it’s time again to talk food. I have to say that last week I found rather funny being the butt of the comedy entertainment for Xandi. The omelet saga will continue in the coming days so stay tuned to this station.

Well Xandi is here I let her back in after her giggling fit last week  I do hope she can control herself this week....(insert stern look!)

I am looking for a wintry recipe so I thought we might take a look at to warm the cockles of me heart as it is winter here down under and while it does snow it does get a little chilly. So what can you recommended that I can make with my obvious limited talents and equipment?

Xandi: Well Des, I have a great Beef Stew recipe that is easy and is great for leftovers, it can even be frozen if you have a freezer. I will put the recipe in the thread this week so you can try it out. It makes quite a bit so you might have to cut the recipe in half if you don't have a freezer but it is well worth the leftovers. (trying not to laugh at the stern look but not succeeding) *Gigglesnorts*

Des: That sounds good Xandi. (rolling eyes at the Gigglesnorts) Both of us have been busy this week with that damn Real Life thing and it has been tough to get much done here. We are grateful for any recipe suggestion you have out there and both Xandi and I will try real hard to get to try them and review them. I also promise to give the omelet another shot too.

Des: I have really been getting into Sweet Potato lately, it has been added to almost all my hot meals. I made a stir fry using canned chicken (like canned tuna) and added it with okra and snow peas here is a rough outline of how I did it.

Despickable's Chicken Stir Fry

Ingredients:
One can of Chicken with Mayo
Snow Peas
Orka
Grated Sweet Potato
Sweet Corn
Chinese stir fry vegetables
Green Pepper
One bottle of stir fry sauce. Sweet and Sour or whatever you like.

How I cook it:
Cut up or grate the vegetables as you wish.
Stir fry them with the sauce of choice.
Shake that pan baby like you just don’t care
Once they have been done as required add the can of chicken or left over already cooked roast chicken to the lot and stir through. Take off heat and serve.

It is surprisingly tasty, easy to make and very filling.

Well that’s my recipe for this week below is Xandi’s and I will give it a go this week and let you know I it works for me. It has been raining here so much a warming meal is such a comfort when locked inside.

So Xandi you have had a busy time have you had a chance to review anything or have anything to explore this week.

Xandi: I did make Ramsters Fish Pie which I will review this week further down. But since I've been so busy this week that is about all I have. But first my recipe:

Xandi's Favorite Beef Stew

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Pounds of Beef Stew Meat (or cut up a small roast into bite size pieces)
4 Cups of Beef Stock (broth will do if you don't have stock)
2 Tbs. Chili Powder
6 Potatoes (peeled and cut into large pieces)
4 Large Carrots (peeled and cut into large pieces)
3 Celery Stalks (washed and cut into large pieces)
1 Large Onion Chopped (not to small but not hunks either kind of a medium dice)
1/3 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Pepper

Instructions:
In a crock pot mix the beef stock/broth with the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and chili powder. Add in all the other ingredients and cook on high for 4 hours or on medium for 6 hours. (turn down on low until ready to serve)
I suggest putting this on in the crock pot the night before and letting it cook all night. The meat gets more tender the longer you cook it. Get up the next morning and let it cool while you are getting dressed for work. Put in the frig. before going to work then when you get home just reheat what you want to eat for dinner. I eat this with cornbread, and a nice salad. It is wonderful and easy. I hope you enjoy.

Now on with the review for this week. Ok this week I made Ramsters Fish Pie. I did not get a chance to have anyone try it besides myself but I will tell you my review of the dish.
YUMMY....

I loved it, I used flounder and monterey jack cheese. It was very good and easy to prepare. I usually don't enjoy fish very much but it had such a good flavor I ate on it for days and finished it off yesterday. I wasn't to sure about how I would like the cheese with the fish, chefs always say cheese and fish don't work well together. As you all know I love cheese and so I did put some monterey jack since that is what I had available. It was wonderful. The potato layer with the cheese on top gave it a whole new taste, not to fishy. I did bake it at a little higher temperature than was suggested but only because I was hungry and wanted to eat NOW. Giggles.

I am sorry I did not get a picture of the dish to put in the thread, I ate and then thought about the picture later. (sorry, giggles)

I hope some of you will try this dish because even though I am not fond of fish I will make it again. Thanks Ramster for the great recipe. Huggles and Kisses....

Xandi: Well that about wraps things up this week. I hope you are enjoying the recipes as much as I am. Thanks to all of you who read and give us the great recipes, keep 'em coming. Huggles.

Des: Well then that is us for this week see you all next week and keep those recipes coming.

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Sweet Trouble

This is not an original SweetT recipe
but I like it so much that went asked if
I had an easy recipe this came to mind
almost immediately. I have made this
with children and they had no
problem making it.

World’s Easiest Dessert

You will need …

~A freezer safe pan
  ~Ice Cream sandwiches*
  ~Cool Whip topping*
     *(purchase enough to cover bottom of which ever pan you choose) 
  ~Caramel sauce**
  ~Heath candy bars**  (broken in to small pieces)
  ~Nuts of your choice  (totally optional I prefer this on without nuts)

Optional or Alternatives Toppings**
You can use any combination of cookies or candy that
appeals to you.
Examples:
         ~Kit Kats and Fudge sauce
         ~Snickers candy bars and Caramel and Fudge sauce
         ~Oreo Cookies and Butterscotch sauce
         ~Pretzels and Caramel sauce
         ~Cherry pie filling and chocolate sauce
         ~Peanut Butter chip and chocolate sauce
         ~Marshmallow cream, graham crackers
              and chocolate sauce
   (if you use marshmallow cream I would put it on top
                 of the ice cream sandwiches before the whip
                 topping or as a substitute for the whip topping)
If it appeals to you it will work.
Hint: Do not over load or use to many toppings.

1)  line the bottom of you pan with the Ice Cream Sandwiches
      in a single layer
2)  drizzle caramel sauce over the top
3)  cover in a thick layer with the Cool Whip topping
4)  sprinkle candy pieces evenly over the top (be generous)
      And nuts if you are using them
5)   into the freezer for at least an hour before serving

Autumn52

That sounds yummy SweetT I am going to try that when I have my next party. Everyone loves ice cream and that sounds devilishly good. Thanks for the yummy.

Hugs

despickable

TAKE A BREAK DUE TO XANDI NOT BEING WELL
GET WELL SOON XANDI

There will be no Post this week due to Xandi being unwell. The lovely lady  needs some time away and when your sick talking about food seems a little unimportant right now.

I am sure you wish her a speedy recovery and I will pass on my regards from all here on E to her.

for now we will take a week off and give Xandi happy vibes and look forward to her back to us at her cheeky self real
soon
Please send receipes as normal they will get reviewed as soon as we are back.

Love ya Xandi xxxxoooo

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Ramster

Hear hear. Someone go make her some chicken soup!
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Novak

Novak's tuna mac

My wife usually does the cooking, but in my days served in the Marines I took an adjusted a quick meal into something a little more flavorful.  I now use it when we feel like a quick dinner.

Ingredients:
1 box macaroni and cheese (2 tbs butter and 1/4 cup milk)
1 can peas
2 cans tuna
1 can condensed creme of mushroom soup (I use mushroom soup w/roasted garlic)
1 can Ro-tel (I use hot)

Directions:
Make the Macaroni and Cheese per the directions on the box.  (while the macaroni is boiling drain cans of tuna, peas, and Ro-tel)
When Macaroni is done drain water and put back on stove top turned to low add the butter and milk stirring until butter is melted.
After butter has melted, mix in cheese powder.
Move pot to a cool burner and mix in the tuna, peas, cream of mushroom soup, and Ro-tel.

Feeds 2 to 4 people depending on appetite.

Autumn52

Thank you Novac for the recipe anything with cheese in it has to be good right?

I will love to try this out just as soon as I can. Thanks again and keep us in mind when you think of anymore good recipes.

Hugs
Xandi

despickable

Thanks Novak I reckon I can make that one myself. I will also be giving it a go. I love mac cheese and that sounds right up my street. Thanks for sending it. yummmmy

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

lenka

After a simple tasty chicken stuffing!?

-Small onion
-Fresh herbs and dried (large handfull)
-Breadcrumbs(alot)
-3 Table spoons of butter (there abouts)
-Fresh garlic
-anything else that your into

Chop finely, mix together and stuff the chicken.....very nice and tasty!

You can add spinach, tomatoes, chilly anything you like really.
*I put a Cajuan spice on top of the chicken too, very nice and tantalising*

Novak

I am interested to see how you two like it.

despickable

An Update

Xandi is off sick at this time, I promise she hasn't been eating my cooking, so with her away I am a little lost on the food chat here. I also have had to deal with loads of work and the Football finals tie so it left me unable to try out new stuff.

I must say i did get to make, and successfully the Tuna Mac of Novak's. It was yummy and I made a little too much so I gave some to a neighbour who loved it. I had enough for two meals for myself.

I have never been too good on the measuring stuff any way.

I have to say it was delicious. I wasn't aware of Ro Tel so I just used the tomatoes and peas and other ingredients
I will be putting this on my menu list again, it is a great Friday night in front of the television meal

We hope that Xandi is on her way to a speedy recovery and back with us soon.

I know I have had her in stitches over my omelet post I don't want to burst her stitches getting her an update on that until she is fully back together.

Please get those recipes flowing in I promise all will be reviewed as soon as we can

Any as we say in OZ Chookas to ya and we will see ya round like a rissole real soon

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Autumn52

Xandi: We are back!!!! (happy dances) So we are back to posting in our recipe thread this week. I appreciate all the warm wishes from everyone, for my recovery. Now I would like to start off this time by asking Des, how he has been doing and if he has anymore omelet adventures to share?

Des: Welcome back, it is nice to have you back with us Xandi and as you like it I will ease my way in slowly. (wicked grin) As you can see my jokes have not improved, my sense of humor is still intact, and in the four weeks that you have been away the fire brigade have not turned up at my house once. (Xandi claps wildly at his accomplishments) Since nursing the wounds from being laughed at over my last omelet attempt. I haven't raised the oven mitts and attempted another omelet as of yet. (Xandi is dying laughing remembering his last attempt) Rest assured the eggs in the frig are getting nervous. Now enough of this tom foolery lets get down to some seriousness. The war of 18......oh wait different story line....nevermind. I did review Novac's Mac and Cheese recipe as you can see so your cooking idol has not been idle. (Laughing at his own joke, Xandi is not amused she is just shaking her head) With football on twice, as the grand finales were tied and they had to play again, its been a frymans delight.
Sort of a recipe
I made hamburgers, using proper minced meat, making my own burgers. I finely chopped some spring onions, lots of shallots, and added assorted spices. Made them into patties, with lashings of tomato relish, it was like a red pickle type relish, and two sizeable whole meal buns. That was my footie feast. YUMMY!!!! You can call them Boffo Burgers if you like. I highly reccommend them for you people in the states, they would be great for the NFL season.

Xandi: Well that was quite a mouthful Des, and thanks for the warm welcome back. Those burgers sound very tasty I will have to give them a try. I also tried Novacs Mac and Cheese but I adjusted it since I am not found of tuna. I put smoked sausage cut up into bite size pieces and of course cook through to warm, then set them aside to drain. I put in some frozen mixed veggies that I had leftover from a previous meal. Everything else I did exactly like he suggested and it was AWESOME. I loved it. It was an easy meal and it was very good. I made a little salad to go along side and for me living alone, I had leftovers. Which on a good side were easy to heat up and tasted just as good the second day as the first. (for the leftovers I just added a little milk to loosen the cheese up while it reheated)

OK I have a question for you and our readers. I know for you it is becoming summer time where you live and we discussed last time about wintry meals, so do you have any suggestions for summer meals?

Des: Everyone likes salad. If you get bored with regular green salad, you could make chicken salad. I buy the bags of salad veggies that are prepacked at the supermarket. Go to your local chicken shop and buy a half a chicken. Like so many sad relationships you break up the bird, chop up some of the roast chicken and toss it in the salad. Depending on how many you are feeding is the amount of chicken you would use. I tend to be a breast man myself. (evil grin) You can coat your chicken salad with whatever dressing you like, wheather it be a vinaigrette or a mayo based salad dressing, just whatever you prefer. The rest of the chicken you can make into sandwiches, using the rest of the salad veggies on that as well. Nothing goes to waste in my house. If you just want the chicken salad sandwich cold just put the mixed salad veggies and the chicken in a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it until ready to have your sandwiches.

Xandi: I also like to make pasta salads during the summer Des. It is yummy. My favorite is going to be my recipe further down. The chicken salad idea sounds great too.

Des: If you have leftovers in your frig you can always adapt your chicken salad to include those as well. Of course you can add croutons to your salad. I guess in Australia  we are a bit strange as we enjoy hot meals as well. The women usually tend to the salads and we blokes tend to the grill, making steaks and an assortment of manly meats. (grins)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xandi's Summer Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
4 cups of cooked Pasta (I use small bow tie pasta but you can use your favorite)
1 can of pitted Black olives (chopped)
2 cans of mushroom stems and pieces
4 Tbs. of bacon bits (real not imitation)
1/2 Cup of Red Onion (diced finely)

Instructions:
Mix all these ingredients together and then add your dressing (recipe to follow).
Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours. Then serve and eat. YUMMY!

Dressing for Pasta Salad:
3/4 Cup of Mayo
3/4 Cup of a good Italian Dressing (I use Wishbone or Kraft)
Just whisk these until combined and smooth and then pour over your pasta salad and mix well.

(friendly little tip: I hate dry pasta salad so sometime I make a little extra dressing and put some aside until ready to serve, mixing it in at the last moment and then eating immediately.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Des:We are glad to have Xandi back. I want to make sure to encourage everyone who is willing, to send us recipes to try out. We will be working on getting caught up on the ones that we have yet to try and we want to thank everyone who has sent recipes again, for contributing.

Xandi:Thanks Des and everyone else for the kind and warm thoughts, it is good to be back. I also want to thank everyone for their contributions. I look forward to trying them out. Keep them coming our dear friends. Hugs until next week.

doom29169

Minnesota Cole Slaw

Ingredients:
One (1) bag of shredded cabbage or broccoli (~2 cups)
One Third (1/3) cup vegetable oil
One (1) Rhaman Noodles brick (beef or chicken flavored)
Eight (8) oz. diced almonds

Instructions:
1) Place the following in a large bowl place in this order, but do not mix yet -
Slaw
Crumbled Rhaman noodles (uncooked)
Almonds
2 )Heat oil in frying or sauce pan until warm. Stir in Rhaman Noodle powder. Pour immediately over ingredients in step one (1)
3) Mix all ingredients and put in fridge for 10 minutes.
4) Serve cold.

Autumn52

Thanks Doom I can't wait to try your cole slaw. I love cole slaw and that is a great dish for a meal or a side dish.

Hugs and thanks again.

doom29169

Welcome

I have lots of recipiets. my brother is an amature chef.

despickable

Thanks Doom I am a professional eater so I say bring them on. I am looking for easy ones to make too so all your recipes are welcome

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Lady Haven

PRUNE CAKE

2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Veggie Oil
3 Eggs
1/4 Cup Prune Juice
1/2 Cup Buttermilk
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 Cup Stewed Prunes
2 Cup Flour (all purpose)
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Each:  Cinnamon, Ground Cloves, Nutmeg, Salt.
1 Cup Walnuts (chopped)

GLAZE:

1 Cup Powdered Sugar
3 or 4 Tbs. Water
1 Tbs. Vanilla

Preheat oven to 325*
To stew prunes put them in a small sauce pan and almost cover with water and put on medium high heat until a soft boil or until prunes are softened about 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Cream oil and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and prune juice beating well. In a separate bowl sift all dry ingredients together. Next sift the dry ingredients a second and chopped prunes and nuts. Bake in a greased and floured bundt pan for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Pour glaze over hot cake and eat warm it's delicious.

P.S.  I received this recipe from a little Lady that lived next door to me in Georgia about 15 or 16 years ago. It has been a favorite of
my families ever since. She was a very sweet and generous lady. So placing this recipe is for both me and Mrs. Day, who passed
away some 5 years ago. I have thoroughly enjoyed your recipe thread Despickable and Xandi. Thank You
Lady Haven's ONs & OFFs Page
Life is like a puzzle, were all little pieces trying to fit in.

DiverseDesires

Going back to your omelet section - for beginners cooking it more like a fritata is real easy, and if you are cooking for a few people all at once you can make it deeper and slice into portions like a pizza too.

Youngest's favorite is a Spanish style one:

3/4 eggs
Splash of cream (or creme fresh or plain yogurt) if you have it
seasoning
small/medium potato
small/half onion
cubes of ham, cooked sausage or bacon
half a diced pepper (any color)
mushrooms sliced the way you like them
grated cheese
(herbs optional)

Peel the potato and cut it into tiny cubes (about 1.5cms), fry with a little oil in the pan you are making the omelet in on a med to low heat. Keep turning occasionally for about tens  mins  while you prep the other ingredients you want to use and beat the eggs.

Dice a small onion - or even only half if you don't like it too strong, add to potatoes when they nearly cooked.  Turn the heat up slightly and keep stirring.  If you are using bacon add that too.

When the onion/bacon looks just about ready add the other filling ingredients except the cheese.  (we use mushrooms and peppers but it can be anything you like, or using up left overs, and ham if there is no bacon), Stir until just cooked.  Turn on the grill to heat up.  You may need to add a dash of il or if you prefer a knob of butter if the pan is dry now.

Whisk the eggs until well beaten and slightly frothy on top, small pinch salt, black pepper and if you have it a dash of cream and whisk once more before pouring into the pan.

Move the mixture about gently, lifting the filling into the egg, stopping when it starts to scramble.  Turn the heat down low and cook gently for two to five mins depending how deep it is. When the base is set (looking at the side helps) turn off the heat and slide the pan under the grill - as soon as the top starts to set bring out and sprinkle on the cheese and put back under the grill.

When the cheese it hot and bubbling take out and leave in the pan for a minute or two, just resting it on the side (it carries on cooking the middle).  Serve -   If it is for one person fold in half as it slips onto the plate.  If you have used more eggs (or have a smaller pan) and made a deep one to share slice as needed. (Lovely with chucks of warm fresh bread and a salad)

Adding the splash of cream, and then grilling rather than turning makes it lighter and fluffier, the omelet rising in the pan. And needs no difficult turning at all.  You can make it more Italian tasting by adding herbs etc - and it also keeps and eats cold with salad or in a roll - great for picnics pack lunches.

Other variations we like are:
chicken mushroom and sweetcorn
choritzo, peppers and mushrooms
cheese and onion
meat feast
broccoli smoked salmon and cheese
smoked salmon and dill (with a dollop of creme fresh on top when it is served and lots of black pepper)
And J's favorite is a Chinese twist with a ton of mushrooms fried with soy
"The imagination is the spur of delights… all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" ~Marquis de Sade~

Imaginings  ~  Desirables  ~  Wilful Words  ~  Diary - A/A  Updated September 15th