I’ve got a Sweet Tooth [F for prolly M, from Bon to Ex]

Started by Nerdess, June 08, 2021, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerdess

what genius called it the Great Crumble instead of the Alpacalypse anyway?

It was close to two decades ago when everything began, or everything ended — just depends on your perspective, I s’pose.  No one was quite sure what came first, the virus or the hybrids.  Was one responsible for the other on account of someone mucking around with science they weren’t supposed to, or had nature just gotten so fed up with mankind that it decided to kick the whole hornet’s nest?  Only two things were known for sure; one, that the virus was contagious, fast moving, and lethal and two, that every single child born from the start of the pandemic was born as an animal-human hybrid.

Not everyone got The Sick to be sure, but not getting it didn’t mean immunity like some assumed at first.  It just took it’s good ol’ time getting around to others, and even the most vigilant of communities that banded together after the panic of those initial years oft found their numbers slowly thinning as The Sick came for them too.  The only ones who were immune were those borne into the new world; the hybrids themselves.  And hell if that combined with the timing of their arrival didn’t set a whole mess of people into an us-vs-them mindset.

Hybrids themselves, well, they sure came in all shapes and sizes and kinds, but in the eyes of the remnants of humanity most of em weren’t much more than animals.  A vast percentage of them couldn’t read, couldn’t speak, couldn’t even try to pass for human, and it quickly became up to those parents who accepted their children for who they were and outlier groups to protect the new heir-apparent to the Earth.  Cause man, well, they saw what had come to replace them and they were none too happy to lay back and let it happen.  Some took the hybrids and took them apart, hoping that the cure for The Sick was somewhere inside their biology.  Others caught em and sold em, figuring if they couldn’t talk then at least they could be put to work in rebuilding a civilization they had destroyed.  Others, well — humanity never did find anything that it couldn’t make sport of, one way or another.

It’s a hard world, knowin that you’re something new or knowin that you’re being replaced.  But it’s harder for some than for others. 

Hi!  So clearly this is just a write up of Jeff Lemire’s Sweet Tooth, now a Major Motion Streaming Series on Netflix — long story short, it’s a plague apocalypse akin to The Stand, The Road, The Last of Us, etc with the fantastical twist that all children born at and after the point of everything collapsing are born partially animal.  That’s the tl;dr and honestly the only thing you need to know for this request thread.  I’ve bumped the timeline forward a bit so the hybrids can be late teens because, well — you know why.

So they can fukkk.

Namely, I want to play a fetching, exotic hybrid who’s smarter than the average bear and may or may not even be Something Special, most likely played against a gruff older sort who remembers the way the world used to be.  Isn’t that just a The Man/The Boy, Joel/Ellie, Big Man/Sweet Tooth dynamic?  Uh, yes, I don’t rip off ideas to be super original I rip them off because they’re fun and good and they don’t have enough hot stuff happening in the source material.

I want to play a hybrid who is mostly human in a lot of ways, but undeniably a hybrid, which is to say far more “kemonomimi” than “anthro”, but willingly to edge into “monster girl” depending on species and what pretty thing represents our heroine and so on. If she’s part bird, I’m cool with talon feet or wings instead of arms into a harpy-ish direction for example, but a fox girl wouldn’t have a full on muzzle in favor of ears and a tail — make sense?  If not that’s what PM discussions are for!  Generally messing too much with the face/torso tends to edge closer to what I don’t want while extremities are more negotiable.

Now as for the fella, like I said I’m kinda after gruff, older, and probably not much of a fan of her kind.  Maybe this changes over the course of the play!  Maybe it very much does not!  Every snowflake is special and unique, especially you!

You can definitely peep my O/Os down in the sig for general ideas of where my head goes from light to dark, and I’m willing to entertain the full spectrum for this idea if you wanna get gritty and violent or if you want to stick to the more fantastical lightness with a grim undercurrent that the show is so good at conveying.  Any which way there’s gonna be some elements of pet play / instinct play / omega verse-ish-ness as well as good old fashioned apocalyptic tropes and a heavy dose of pretty young thing x too old for this shit, so give me a PM and we can assemble our players to satisfy my Sweet Tooth and tickle your fancy.
o / o -- roll the dice -- a / a