individualism

Started by Xajow, June 05, 2011, 09:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xajow

Quote from: CmdrRenegade on June 05, 2011, 12:15:37 PM
In addition, in our nation that worships the individual,
Which nation? Where?

Quote from: CmdrRenegade on June 05, 2011, 12:15:37 PM
In addition, in our nation that worships the individual, people will say 'you chose to have the child, you have to deal with its bullshit'.  The dark side of individualism here is that while nobody has a right to inflict their problems on you, they have no obligation to help you solve yours either.
That's a darkside? That people are not forcibly compelled to serve others? Sounds like it's still the "lightside" of individualism to me.

Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong.
“It’s not just your body I want,” he said plainly. “I want your heart and mind as well. And each time I do this, you become mine a little more.” As he raised his hand to spank her again, she whimpered and said softly “Thank you, Master.”

Xajow's Ons/Offs, A/A info (updated 01APR11)

Xajow

Guess I must not be wrong. Hooray for me.
“It’s not just your body I want,” he said plainly. “I want your heart and mind as well. And each time I do this, you become mine a little more.” As he raised his hand to spank her again, she whimpered and said softly “Thank you, Master.”

Oniya

There's a difference between people thinking you're right, and people not wanting to beat their heads against a brick wall.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Xajow

Yeah, I know. And I am aware that the latter is the more likely reason for the lack of reply. But "I guess I must be right" is more fun than "no one wants to talk to me."