News:

Main Menu

Video Game News

Started by Skynet, December 05, 2015, 06:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skynet

Quote from: HairyHeretic on December 25, 2015, 04:19:15 PM
Steam is doing strange things at the moment. It seems they were/are being DDoS'ed, and whatever is going on, it's causing people to see private information on others accounts.

Yup, looks like some big screw-ups.

Steam DB (not affiliated with Valve) said that attempts to log in and alter/remove credit card and PayPal info is not recommended, in that the cacheing would put one at risk instead.

It seems the best thing right now is to treat Steam like the Arc of the Covenant: don't look or go to any URLs, wait and see what happens.

DudelRok

Quote from: Skynet on December 25, 2015, 04:31:44 PM
Yup, looks like some big screw-ups.

Steam DB (not affiliated with Valve) said that attempts to log in and alter/remove credit card and PayPal info is not recommended, in that the cacheing would put one at risk instead.

It seems the best thing right now is to treat Steam like the Arc of the Covenant: don't look or go to any URLs, wait and see what happens.

Steam fixed it sometime last night/this morning and gave an "official response" to a few websites.

http://kotaku.com/steam-goes-nuts-offers-access-to-other-peoples-account-1749718979

QuoteSteam is back up and running without any known issues. As a result of a configuration change earlier today, a caching issue allowed some users to randomly see pages generated for other users for a period of less than an hour. This issue has since been resolved. We believe no unauthorized actions were allowed on accounts beyond the viewing of cached page information and no additional action is required by users.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Revelation

the senior director for the new mass effect game left mid development. Take what you will from it, but usually when I see this happening I don't see it as a good sign for the game involved.

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

CaptainNexus616

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

Still can't believe how little news there is for this game...it should have way more hype to justify frequent updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB6P5gpNan0#password
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Skynet

The new Hitman game is planned to be released as a series of episodes.

I heard a lot of negative press about it, described as a way to sell a game before it's finished and to milk more cash from consumers.  I'm aware that games such as Life Is Strange have done this before, so I guess my main concern is more how Square-Enix will do it.  As a AAA publisher in the industry and its previous installments released as whole games, I don't think it's due to budgeting issues.

DudelRok

Quote from: Skynet on January 27, 2016, 12:06:37 AM
Mighty No. 9 gets delayed again.

I feel bad for all the backers.

Yeah... I see each time it gets delayed and go, "Glad I didn't give them money." o.0

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

ChefofDreams

Is any one excited for the new doom game?
Slowly it burns.

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Inkidu

Mass Effect: Andromeda Most Likely Being Pushed to Early 2017

Did anyone not see this coming? I knew there was a reason I wasn't anticipating this game in 2016. XD

Haymitch

No Man's Sky release date was announced today!

Looking forward to this game!! June 21st

Oniya

Quote from: Haymitch on March 03, 2016, 03:37:44 PM
No Man's Sky release date was announced today!

Looking forward to this game!! June 21st

What's it about?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Haymitch

Quote from: Oniya on March 03, 2016, 04:17:24 PM
What's it about?

Sci-Fi exploration/survival game with MMO-lite features. They have a large number of systems(18 quintillion, apparently) and each of these systems is procedurally generated. Which is usually code phrase for 'boring, bland, unorginal' buuuutt... I've been following closely and I was sort of caught off-guard by how plausible some of the procedurally generated planets/systems are, some of them are quite imaginative and I started to like the game. I haven't actually played it, but I do know the basics - while it's a great big sandbox you share with other players, the entire point of the game is to survive and make it to the center of the universe - you do this by collecting resources, upgrading your ship, suit, etc. Naturally it's not as easy as it sounds, but the other big draw for me is how it's all seamless transition from space to atmosphere and back.

I'd link a few videos or even the announcement link, but I can't until I'm approved. Polygon has a few good articles or even GameInformer has a pretty well rounded preview of the game.  I'm sure a lot of other sites do as well, just two I frequent.

Dice

Time to dust off the Warthog it appears. Nice. Lets hope it is more engaging over the long term than Elite is.

Haymitch

Quote from: Dice on March 03, 2016, 09:10:43 PM
Time to dust off the Warthog it appears. Nice. Lets hope it is more engaging over the long term than Elite is.

I was not a big fan of Elite, I think I put maybe two hours in and decided that game wasn't for me. I would consider this lighter and more forgiving in term of mechanics. The only game of this scope on my radar is Star Citizen, so hoping this will feed the need.

Inkidu

I think Star Citizen is... to big to be viable. If that makes any sense.