One and Many- A Sense8 Group Game (Seeking M and F, Non-American Characters)

Started by VioletPanda, May 05, 2017, 12:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeveredDreams

Also sorry for the quick back and forth, this might be my favorite series ever.  I just want to give Leo the biggest hug and tell him everything's gonna be Hoookay.  I'd even help him find his flip flop. 

I was just going to allow people to decide that.  I'm not super picky about the character's age. 

Play whatever you wanta Pandalanda. 

Oh,  and Sally seemed to have a good idea of adding notable skills.  That's likely very important, so I think I'll be doing that.

Now the real question...  could she get the entire cluster stoned if she smoked enough weed?
Are you afraid of me now?

On's and Offs-  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171318.0

Sally Aces

From what I saw, thought Homo Sensate are slightly different at birth, the 'birth of a cluster' isn't something that is tied to age at all.

Hehehe, our cluster needs a Bad Ass type... we're sorely lacking in the physically adept/martial combatant skills

FeveredDreams

Actually I had planned for her to be an adept fighter and be able to use most pistols though,  her weapon of choice is a slightly modified taurus raging bull capable of firing off most forms of shotgun shells.

Other than that,  was thinking breaking an entering,  hotwiring,  and maybe lock picking.

Sally Aces

Sorry FeveredDreams, wasn't sure about all of that. I figured the Notable Skills thing would allow us to clearly put out what we can 'offer' the Cluster and the things we excel at.

Hmm... we could all 'feel' high, but I don't think we'd be high, unless, like electroshock, it didn't matter if we were high or not, the experience of altered state of consciousness was available to us all.

I did have a thought for a character, V-Panda... an NSA agent who suddenly finds that there are voices in their head and that they're real...

VioletPanda

For the weed question, I'd say yes, though maybe not at first, when the connections are more tenuous? And like drinking, it might affect each person to a different extent?

Really, Sally? I'd thought part of what made a Cluster a Cluster was that everyone had the same birthdate. And I remember Jonas saying something about being 'reborn'  as a Sensate- that was just referring to the Cluster awakening, right?

So we've got plenty of brain and some brawn...Ohh! Playing a spiritual person could be a nice way to add some more dimension to the group. ;D
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

FeveredDreams

Naw Miss Sally thats why I thought it would be a good idea for me to add notable skills.  Just so no one was stepping on anyone's feet ya know?  I'm still kinda waking up...  but I plan an update of the character sheet with a bit more detail and the like.  I mean truth be told she's not going to be a Sun when it comes to Kung Fu.  I was thinking of a more brutal and slightly more well trained Wolfgang when it comes to hand to hand.

Oh my gawd.

I can ONLY see interesting things coming from our characters interacting mentally if you play a spiritual person.  *Grin*

Sally Aces

Quote from: VioletPanda on May 08, 2017, 09:45:53 AM
Really, Sally? I'd thought part of what made a Cluster a Cluster was that everyone had the same birthdate. And I remember Jonas saying something about being 'reborn'  as a Sensate- that was just referring to the Cluster awakening, right?

Doh! You're right, I was more saying we didn't have to be any age necessarily. Yes, we should all be the same age.

I chose 27 figuring that left time for College, med school, then Doctors Without Borders. I can be flexible about age, heck, even make her a genius and she graduates everything early if we want to be more like 21-24.

Quote from: VioletPanda on May 08, 2017, 09:45:53 AM
So we've got plenty of brain and some brawn...Ohh! Playing a spiritual person could be a nice way to add some more dimension to the group. ;D

Yes yes yes, t the spiritual character :)

VioletPanda

I'd figured mid 20s-ish because it left time for lots of diiferent life directions. So 26-27 is what I had in mind anyway. Works for me!

So, for my spiritual character, I'm debating two options:

Amish character! Or...a Buddhist, possibly a monk. 

My A/A PageMy O/Os

FeveredDreams

Name:                Cassandra Morgan
face claim:          Noomi Rapace
Sexuality-           Pan-sexual,

Background:

Cassandra was born in Chicago,  and she enjoyed the city.  The cold weather,  the hot summers were nice. . . But what she really loved was the city itself.  She loved the dirt and the grime,  she loved the massive buildings,  the ethnic diversity.  She was happy when she was there,  but,  in the end she had to move.   In those early years,  she still wasn’t exactly what many would considered normal.  She was always kind of cold and stand offish.  Yet,  she wasn’t out and out rebellious.

What was perhaps the worst of all though was thanks to her being disowned by her family. It came to pass when she came out as MtF.  He was kicked out of the house.  She didn’t know what to do,  instead she seemed to slip into the darker side of society.  She was often found picking pockets or stealing purses in her years. 

She eventually moved onto stealing cars and selling them at a nearby chop shop.  She learned how to be tough.  On the streets she was always seen as a victim.  Yet,  she would never allow it.  Sure it meant that she carried switch blades, firearms,  and even tended to wear way to many rings on her hands.   She would though never be a victim.   

Personality:  Cassandra is a bit of an aggressive person.  She’s been tugged around by life a bit and she isn’t one to hold back.  While she doesn’t go out of her way to get into struggles with people,  she will often times step up when she or the people she cares about are insulted. To strangers she can come off as rather callous and just a bit rude,  but,  when someone makes their way into their good graces things change She’s rather protective.  She’s intensely loyal. The psychic is also truly inquisitive and will often get involved in situations just to figure out what’s going on.  Yet, if you get on her bad side you will find an aggressive monster who seemed to vent her frustration at life on those that have agitated her.

Talents
Expert with Pistols-  She’s spent a lot of time on the range…  and on a few occassions against live targets.

Brutal combatant-     She’s not graceful,  though she is effective.  She tends to focus on taking down opponents by any means necessary,   and does not shy away from improvised weaponry,  dirty tactics,  or even blades.  She has no love of killing,  but,   first and foremost the girl is a survivalist

Lock picking-  Just another skill you learn when your willing to do anything to survive.

Breaking into/Hot wiring cars-  a major source of her income.

Streetwise-  The girl’s been living on the street for years.  She can smell a shoddy deal from a mile away.

Equipment

Modified Taurus raging bull
Switch blade
Slim Jim
Lock picks
Old Motorcycle
Random paraphernalia

Residence-  Low rent apartment

Companions

Max-  Max has been a friend of Cassandra for sometime.  The two met in juvenile hall years ago.  Back in the day,  he got taken into custody for a rather violent attack  on a bully that resulted in the bigger boy ending up in the hospital.  For a while after they were released from custody the pair ran together.  Truth be told Cassandra could have been a negative influence on him.  Eventually though after a robbery,  where a Mother and Son were left in the house Max changed.  Sure the two fled without stealing or harming anyone.  He still went about trying to turn his life around.  He went off to school and got a degree in business,  and eventually found himself in a rather successful position.  He’s been using his cash in an attempt to help the less fortunate even working in soup kitchen during his spare time.  The two still remain close,  but,  Cassandra and he are known to verbally spar,  That what he’s doing is just a Band-Aid on a system that’s trying to eat the unwanted.

Kayla-   The bartender at Cassandra’s favorite bar.  She’s the one that she’s most prone to talking to when she starts feeling down.  Sure it’s after a few shots of cheap whiskey and maybe a few tokes.  The two are close,  though she doesn’t exactly know where Cass’ money comes from.  They’ve been known to occasionally indulge in each other when they’re both feeling particularly lonely. 

Theme Song:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOks2HArHf0

FeveredDreams

Quote from: VioletPanda on May 08, 2017, 10:11:02 AM
I'd figured mid 20s-ish because it left time for lots of diiferent life directions. So 26-27 is what I had in mind anyway. Works for me!

So, for my spiritual character, I'm debating two options:

Amish character! Or...a Buddhist, possibly a monk.

BOth of those are fantastic...

I might lean towards Amish myself...  but mostly for harassment purposes. 

VioletPanda

I was leaning toward Buddhist monk, as I was going to play a boy. But If I do an Amish character, I would want to play a girl. There would be more challenges to overcome and it'd be more interesting to write.

Gaaahhh they both sound good...! But I don't want to play both, that takes up 2 spots! How to chooose!? lol

My A/A PageMy O/Os

FeveredDreams

I was actually pondering taking up two spots...

Mostly because I wanted to get this to go vroom...  this issue really comes down to that I rarely ever play men.  And I noticed that clusters seem to be kind o f balanced between the genders. At least from the show.

VioletPanda

If you, or anyone else were interested in multiple spots, I could open a second game if you guys wanted, so we still have room for more players?

My A/A PageMy O/Os

LordRod

So I think the broader question might be, what exactly would the character DO from a practical standpoint and how would they add to the group?

This is a very detailed site but I like.

http://math.ucdenver.edu/~wcherowi/mathmajor/archive/num3guide.html

TLDR version

Things I see them doing for the group

Synergy Bonus to everything - Helping everyone do what they do, better; especially helping others gain an intuitive insight on using their skills.  With a high end mathemetician, I see our cluster 'integrating' faster.
Learning things would generally be easier; especially 'hard' skills of a technical level like Physics, Computers, Biology etc.  But anything that involves research, searching or understanding would be greatly enhanced with his joining since advanced stastics and mathematics you are great at are fantastic for that
Intuition by Proxy - Putting things together with limited information ala Trigononometry in a precision fashion are also possible with advanced mathematics
Defense against monitors - In the sense8 show, once they 'see' you, they can 'track' you indefinitely, that's fine...but instead of getting drunk on heroin, I see an advanced math person being able to 'jam' the hostile hunter with "A train is going north at 1.77773 miles per hour, if the other train is going west at a vector of cosign times the square root of epsilon divided at I, what is the delta that"....

RP Hooks I see are
-Access too and monitoring of close federal agencies
-Ties to encryption and espinoage
-Desperate fear that a cluster could have an ability that could hurt them very close to where they live and/or encryption
Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

FeveredDreams

*Grin*  Nah Panda,  While I could be intrigued in opening another character...  Hehe,  I mostly just being a bit overly aggressive and trying to poke things.

Sally Aces

If I took on another Character, I'd snag the NSA agent I mentioned... Especially after LordRod's post, I can see the Agent and the Math God working together and coming up with sick answers to common problems. Between the 2 of them and the Doc, they might be able to come up with some sort of electronic jammer/feedback loop generator that affects Whisper style 'hunters' in nasty ways by interfering with whatever 'signal' they transmit into the cluster to spy on them...

But, honestly, I prefer to play 1 character and see if we can't get more people into this.

VioletPanda

Back at keyboard- ran out to the gas station real quick to pull out money for later.

*looks back at everything I missed*

Okay, so just one character each, aside from yours truly, for plot reasons.

Ohh I like that, Lord Rod. Was that a question you were posing to all of us, the purpose of our character, or just a general thing for yours?

And I can see the integration definetely helping, but it seems like some in our cluster might be more perceptive or open to it already, like my monk, who spends hours a day meditating in silence?
Speaking of, anyone want dibs on first contact from either Vince or my monk?

My A/A PageMy O/Os

LordRod

It was making sure that my concept wasn't 'ew' to anyone, which it sounds like not so i will submit a char profile tomorrow or Wed.  I owe another one to an HP game plus the one I have psychic block on for Sally's game :/

Sounds neat so far though :D
Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

FeveredDreams

I'll take it, if it's still open. 

Primarch

I'm currently working my way through Season 2 and I would be delighted to take part! I'll have a character up presently!

Primarch

Name: Séamus Hennessy

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Relationship Status: Single

Starting location: Cork, Ireland

Face Claim: Charlie Hunnam

Background: Séamus 'Shay' Hennessy was born in the south of the Republic of Ireland. His father passed when he was young and his mother was left alone to raise him and his two sisters. Life wasn't always easy but in the end they always had their schoolbooks and food on the table so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Not that there weren't a few rough patches along the way. In a life where so much seemed to be out of his control he found solace in sports. Rugby to be precise. On the field he was able to influence something, to achieve some control. He knew the people he trained with had his back and he had theirs.

When he was in College he joined the MMA Society and got his first experience of fighting, beyond some karate classes as a kid of course. Shay fell into it hard, when he was training or fighting he focused on it entirely. He had no time to focus on problems or distractions. Not only did he like it, he was good at it. College however was also where he discovered pub crawls and when he first started having the disposable income for shots, shots, shots.

Though he had started competing in college it was not until after graduation that he joined a proper fighting gym. Before long he had become a known figure in the European fighting circuits. Soon he was able to dedicate himself entirely to fighting but every time he went home sore and bruised he was taking the edge off with some Irish whiskey. Every time he won big he celebrated with even more whiskey...and beer, maybe some wine. A few shots company depending.

His big break came with his Las Vegas debut. It was a first round knockout, people were screaming and roaring his name. The next morning he was arrested, DUI. This became the first in a series. A total shame really...a beautiful Porsche was totally written off. During an intervention his family forced him to accept he was an alcoholic, probably had a smoking problem too...and maybe better it get ahead of what may have been a cocaine problem. It was all snowballing. Currently Shay is in private rehab getting clean. Its a work in process. 

Personality: Shay is gregarious and boisterous. Quick to smile & laugh with a natural charisma that can make it infectious to others. Though his actions have hurt others he has never done so maliciously, certainly however he might possess a certain lack of insight towards how his actions effect the world around him. For the most part however he simply gets caught up in things. He has never been someone to do something half measure instead diving into something completely.

Somebody once told him 'If you are going to steal, steal a million. If you are going to fuck, fuck a Queen.' It may have become his life creed. He is also far too stupid to ever stay down. A rugby tackle, an unexpected XXL gloved fist to the face or that tequila shot you know is a mistake but a pretty girl is watching so you can't say no. Nothing that puts him on his back keeps him down.

Notable Skills:

• Fighter: A former professional MMA fighter, Séamus is highly proficient in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu & Boxing with a physicality to match.
    • Rugby: Séamus has been learning to take a hit in rugby even longer than with MMA. Its also how he learned to play on a team & comradery.
    • Dual Lingual: Speaks English & Irish
    • Drinker: Séamus can drink an unreasonable amount of alcohol and stay functional.
    • Motorbike Rider: Séamus rides bikes, familiar with country back roads, long distance cruising and just about everything else.

Theme Song:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=A8MO7fkZc5o

Séamus Hennessy's Companions
    Name: Niamh Ó Súilleabháin
    Face Claim: Natalie Dormer

• Lover: Niamh is Shay's college sweetheart turned fiancé.
    • Clever girl: While Shay's degree is a distant memory, Niamh studied law and is now practicing. Shay will break your body, Niamh will destroy your world.
    • Dual Lingual: Like Shay, she speaks English & Irish
    • Perceptive: Niamh notices things most people miss, social cues and little details others might not notice. She always spots trouble before anyone else, always seems to know when to bring an umbrella too.
    • Conflicted: Niamh loved watching how happy Shay was living his dream but she hated to watch him fight. Knowing he will not be fighting or drinking while in rehab has taken a tremendous amount of weight off of her shoulders. She visits often and loves him dearly but not worrying constantly is proving more comfortable than expected. At this moment she taking some time to consider her future.

VioletPanda

My A/A PageMy O/Os

FeveredDreams

This could be interesting. *nod nod*

Primarch

Glad to see Shay seems to have approval! I'll be looking forward to the various surprise visits he'll be getting.

VioletPanda

'Lack of insight'? We got a monk for that! ;D
    Heh heh, I'll make his sheet and the IC today. Fevered had said she wanted the first visit from Vince, which makes sense because it's going from New York to Chicago.

For the cluster itself, I'd guess that unless the situation was directed, cluster mates would be more attuned to someone who was similar to them in some way, so who would be a good fit for my monk?

I'm going to need you guys to all edit your sheets and add one or two companion characters that you'd like to see other people play, but I'll get started on my bit here after I eat breakfast.

My A/A PageMy O/Os