Samurai Champloo Group. [ Searching for a Jin.]

Started by xPeachyPuff, February 13, 2014, 01:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xPeachyPuff

Thank you for popping in and taking a look at this thread!
I have just finished rewatching Samurai Champloo and I absolutely love it. I've wanted to RP it for a while now, but I thought that it would be a great idea to put a threat out into the group requests so that I could find two people who would take the spots of Fuu's companions, Mugen and Jin. I would like to play Fuu, if that isn't obvious. This would be a game where the three of us (or if somebody would like the take both characters, that would work as well) work together to advance the story. It will not be a game where it is solely GMed by myself or any other player; I hope this makes sense.

Requirements.
○ You must be able to type at least 3 Paragraphs; more would be encouraged. I understand that sometimes dialog and such can limit ones post, but I think its still possible to achieve at least 3 paragraphs despite this.
○ You must have a good grasp of the English language; this includes spelling and grammar. Now I'm not a grammar Nazi, I sometimes can misplace things too, but there is a spell check on here so there's not much of an excuse for that; plus there's Google.
○ Be able to advance the plot and communicate. This is very important! I'm always happy to talk plot/idea's in PM's and such. Spontaneous idea's that don't effect the overall story are also brilliant to throw in every now and then!
○ Communication again. Let us know if you're having trouble posting or are going to be away.

Setting/Beginning.
I'm thinking of having it set after the series; the three of them have split up after their long journey to see the Sunflower Samurai, Fuu's father. Fuu has settled down somewhat; she's back working in a Tea shop, has a 'boyfriend' who's parents own the Store and is getting by contently. That is until her she runs into her previous bodyguards again. Maybe they enter her shop by coincidence, maybe she runs into them in town, it's all quite open. I'm hoping to brainstorm with other players.

Please contact me should you be interested either with a post here or a message! Thank you again for taking the time to look at this thread!

Take care,
- Rainbow ♥

Juggtacular

This is one of my all time favorite anime's. I'd love to join this as Mugen.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Juggtacular on February 13, 2014, 03:28:31 PM
This is one of my all time favorite anime's. I'd love to join this as Mugen.

Same here; It's one of my all time favorites too (: I'd happily have you as Mugen! I'll edit the first post now and hopefully we can find a Jin.

- Rainbow ♥

Kaedia

Samurai Champloo is a beautiful series. It also has my favorite opening song to any anime, Nujabes - Battlecry.

Annnnyways! I just wanted to peek my head in and wish you the best of luck in putting this group together, (^_^). I think I'll bookmark this so I can read the progression from time to time, (^_^).

*Scampers off*
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Zefie on February 13, 2014, 08:21:11 PM
Samurai Champloo is a beautiful series. It also has my favorite opening song to any anime, Nujabes - Battlecry.

Annnnyways! I just wanted to peek my head in and wish you the best of luck in putting this group together, (^_^). I think I'll bookmark this so I can read the progression from time to time, (^_^).

*Scampers off*

Thank you very much! It is awesome :3

- Rainbow ♥

Juggtacular

I hope we get a Jin soon so we can get started, My Mugen is anxious to breakdance on some faces.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Juggtacular on February 13, 2014, 08:35:55 PM
I hope we get a Jin soon so we can get started, My Mugen is anxious to breakdance on some faces.

I hope so too!

- Rainbow ♥

Vill

Just wanted to pop by to wish you guys luck. I don't know much about the show, but the little that I did see instilled a healthy respect for the fusion genre.

From potential GM to potential GM: good luck!

Kaedia

Oh! If you ever happen to need a female side character or two for an arc and/or scene I'd be happy to toss in a hand and assist, (^_^).
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Vill on February 13, 2014, 09:53:39 PM
Just wanted to pop by to wish you guys luck. I don't know much about the show, but the little that I did see instilled a healthy respect for the fusion genre.

From potential GM to potential GM: good luck!

Thank you very much (:

Quote from: Zefie on February 14, 2014, 05:00:36 AM
Oh! If you ever happen to need a female side character or two for an arc and/or scene I'd be happy to toss in a hand and assist, (^_^).

I'll definitely let you know if we do! (:

- Rainbow ♥

SpiralSpider

I <3 this show!

But, sadly, unless you have room for OC's I won't be able to join in. While I love Jin, I don't think I could play him well. ^.^'

Good luck!
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: SpiralSpider on February 14, 2014, 12:49:02 PM
I <3 this show!

But, sadly, unless you have room for OC's I won't be able to join in. While I love Jin, I don't think I could play him well. ^.^'

Good luck!

Awwh, that's sad to hear, but thank you for dropping a comment! I'll definitely let you know should we get any OC spots open up.

- Rainbow ♥

xPeachyPuff

Bump!
- Still searching for someone to take the place of Jin~!

Juggtacular

Come on folks. Don't you want some samurai action accompanied by cool beats?

xPeachyPuff

Bump!

If this doesn't find anyone to play Jin, would you like to consider a one on one with just Mugen and Fuu?

- Rainbow ♥

Juggtacular

SheerFantasia

Hi there!  I loved Samurai Champloo and would love to play Jin as he is my favourite character in the series, though just as a note I'm one of those people who watch anime with subs rather than dubs, so I might not be that familiar with the english dubbed mannerisms.  If that's okay with you guys, then you've got a player!

xPeachyPuff

I actually much prefer to watch Subs over Dubs as well, so that's no problem for me! I'd be happy to have you and I'm super excited to start preparing and brainstorming with you both! Expect a PM very soon!

- Rainbow ♥

SheerFantasia