Pregnant women control birth to avoid Halloween

Started by Spookie Monster, October 21, 2012, 09:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

Pregnant women control birth to avoid Halloween

Fright night just got a little bit spookier.  Pregnant women have their own little trick on Halloween - they seem able to time the delivery of their baby to avoid giving birth on this day.

On a less spooky note -- well, I think that it's less spooky, anyhow -- there is a spike in births on St. Valentine's Day...

Spel

Maybe I'm born right out of my time...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Oniya

My child was born on Walpurgisnacht - right at sunset.  Just as 'auspicious' a time on the old-Germanic side of things.  ;)  I think that if she'd been a fall baby instead of a spring baby, she would have come on Halloween.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Spookie Monster

Wow!  That's very cool.  Walpurgisnacht is a fascinating holiday -- or perhaps I should say "unholiday"!

Spel

Mountain magic heavy hangs...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~