News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Winter is Coming...

Started by Rhapsody, April 01, 2012, 04:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue

Quote from: Remiel on June 03, 2015, 09:20:12 PM
My money's on the show over the books.  The expression on her face when she
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
learned that Bran and Rickon were still alive
hinted that she would have a part to play in the future.

Unfortunately the show's already lost me between Sansa and Loras.

Revelation

Tonights episode and the writers behind it can go fuck themselves on the horse they rode in on.

Iniquitous

I take it you are upset with
Shireen being burnt to death
?
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Revelation

Quote from: Iniquitous Opheliac on June 07, 2015, 09:19:39 PM
I take it you are upset with
Shireen being burnt to death
?

Oh yes.

OOC
Stannis in the book is asked by a R'hllor faithful to burn an unfaithful and end the storm. Stannis goes 'Half of my army are unbelievers. There will be no burning. Pray harder.'

True to the show making Stannis a villain, they decide to have him burn his daughter and heir. And in the books, Stannis sends a contigent of knights back to Castle black to keep Shireen safe. If he is to die in battle, he tells his army to fight for Shireen and to put her on the throne.

Iniquitous

Oh I know, I've read the books. I sat staring at my screen going "no no no no no no no" But, then this whole season has been different than the books so I am not shocked at what they did. Again, from my understanding, they know how this is all going to end and they are making changes to the show but will end up in the same place as GRRM at the end of the series.

consortium11

Possible future book spoilers
From the Inside the Episode this week it appears that this event is either set up to happen in a future book or, at the very least, came directly from Martin himself:

https://youtu.be/NfLScJVXBHQ?t=1m30s

(At just after 1:30 they discuss George first coming to them with it.

Revelation

Book spoilers
I imagine Shireen will burn, of that I have little doubt. But I do not believe that Stannis would be the one burning her. Not only is he not with her in the books, he is trapped in a blizzard with little way out where the books left off. Selyse and Melisandre are with Shireen however, and I can absolutely see Mel burning her. I do not ever see Stannis willingly burning her in the books however. And I will not until I see it happen. And if it does, I will eat crow.

Oniya

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 07, 2015, 09:40:58 PM
And if it does, I will eat crow.

Dare we say - 'feast' on it?

(Come on, you were all thinking it, too!)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Revelation

Quote from: Oniya on June 07, 2015, 10:00:27 PM
Dare we say - 'feast' on it?

(Come on, you were all thinking it, too!)

Ah, Ramsay already beat me to it.

Ramsay is also really good at being an invincible man who has nothing wrong or bad happen to him too.

Iniquitous

I have a feeling that the season finale will cliff hang on one of two things. Either Ceresi's walk of shame or what looks to be Jon's death. I am leaning more towards Jon's apparent death at this point and time.

Revelation

Quote from: Iniquitous Opheliac on June 07, 2015, 10:10:34 PM
I have a feeling that the season finale will cliff hang on one of two things. Either Ceresi's walk of shame or what looks to be Jon's death. I am leaning more towards Jon's apparent death at this point and time.

OOC
I agree. Every shot they've had with Olly and Jon has had Olly giving Jon the stink eye. Pretty sure it's gonna be potato boy who keeps mentioning his village was killed by wildlings who For The Watch's Jon.

Samael

You know, it just occurred to me that if a Bolton is a better father than Stannis, then something really went wrong there with the guy.

I mean, contrast Roose and Ramsay, who he made a true Bolton, his heir and trusts with delicate missions, to Stannis who
kept his child isolated for all of her life, then burned her alive at the stake.

Not that I ever root for Boltons, but at this point I'll be glad if they win, and then die right after to a freak accident of a dragon falling on them, or something like that.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Mantis Shrimp Prime

It *is* pretty... interesting, I suppose you could say... that they took Ramsay from the books... who is ugly, sometimes capable but not really the sharpest guy, and all around one of the more vile characters this side of Gregor Clegane... and make him into this genius raider when he's got "20 good men!", a charming sociopath who actually gets consensual sex with women, and is played by Iwan Rheon (mmm!!).

It's almost like they want to be a  protagonist or something.

Polymorph

I'm really wanting Tyana and Bronn to hook up now they both got released. I'm guessing they have some sort of plan for her seeing as she seems to be the sandsnake that they are bothering to flesh out as a character far more than the others.

Sir Percival the Gallant

Well, are more people upset after that finale?

I can't say I am, but I'm not especially attached to any major characters, so I wasn't too affected.

Not that I'm happy that they've killed off Shireen and Myrcella (presumably), as they were interesting characters, but I'll keep watching.

I assume Stannis is dead, but there could well be a twist, so I'll only call him 'dead' when/if we see his corpse.

I'm with most people that Melisandre will raise Jon from the dead, though the fan speculation that he'll become undead is interesting, too.

Iniquitous

Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) has told interviewers that his character is dead. Done. Gone. That he will not be coming back to the show despite the leak of cast contracts that indicated he will be in seasons 6 & 7. If he is to be believed (and this is not serious misdirection to keep fans guessing) then Melisandre will not be resurrecting him nor will he skin change into Ghost. As for Stannis - no one is truly sure he is dead. I even had a customer tell me today that Brienne screamed out in pain when she went to swing the sword ... as if she had been struck from behind. Like above, I wont say he is dead till I see his body or a book confirms his death.

Kinda surprised they killed off Myrcella - seeing as in the books she is still alive, just severely wounded/disfigured. Arya's part now matches the books. Don't know what the hell they are doing with Sansa and Theon/Reek, however, casting call has been made for Euron Greyjoy. Not sure if there will be a Victarion or not. They may just merge Euron and Victarion together, which would be interesting since the two hate each other. (Split personality!)

As is, I am impatiently waiting for Winds of Winter to come out.

Ryven

Possible Spoilers

My roommate has decided that she is going to dress up as one of the female zealots from King's Landing with a bell as cosplay and go to a Con so she can scream "Shame!" at people.  I, however, want to dress as the Night's King, but I have no idea how to pull that off.

Oniya

Quote from: Ryven on June 16, 2015, 04:19:32 PM
Possible Spoilers

My roommate has decided that she is going to dress up as one of the female zealots from King's Landing with a bell as cosplay and go to a Con so she can scream "Shame!" at people.  I, however, want to dress as the Night's King, but I have no idea how to pull that off.

cosplay ideas

Horns can be easily obtained, or made from sculpy and attached to a bald-cap.  As for the face - look for ghoul makeup as the base, and have your roommate help draw on very fine lines with eyebrow pencil.  There are a lot of pictures on the Net that you can use for guides.  You can probably find a vinyl patterned like the armor - some friends of mine made imitation Klingon armor out of that kind of material that even impressed Gowron (quote:  'It's so light!')  The brooch could also be molded like the horns.  The tricky bit is the contacts - if you even want to go that far.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ryven

Quote from: Oniya on June 17, 2015, 11:32:49 AM
cosplay ideas

Horns can be easily obtained, or made from sculpy and attached to a bald-cap.  As for the face - look for ghoul makeup as the base, and have your roommate help draw on very fine lines with eyebrow pencil.  There are a lot of pictures on the Net that you can use for guides.  You can probably find a vinyl patterned like the armor - some friends of mine made imitation Klingon armor out of that kind of material that even impressed Gowron (quote:  'It's so light!')  The brooch could also be molded like the horns.  The tricky bit is the contacts - if you even want to go that far.

Re: Cosplay Ideas
That could work.  I think the armor would be the hard part as I've never done that before.  I could look into doing it for something like Dragon Con next year.  That'd give me a bit of time.  My roommate is great at make-up.  She has a theater degree and is a personal fanatic of makeup.  Her makeup collection is monstrous.  Thanks!

Aiden

Quote from: Iniquitous Opheliac on June 15, 2015, 08:29:58 PM
Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) has told interviewers that his character is dead. Done. Gone. That he will not be coming back to the show despite the leak of cast contracts that indicated he will be in seasons 6 & 7. If he is to be believed (and this is not serious misdirection to keep fans guessing) then Melisandre will not be resurrecting him nor will he skin change into Ghost. As for Stannis - no one is truly sure he is dead. I even had a customer tell me today that Brienne screamed out in pain when she went to swing the sword ... as if she had been struck from behind. Like above, I wont say he is dead till I see his body or a book confirms his death.

Kinda surprised they killed off Myrcella - seeing as in the books she is still alive, just severely wounded/disfigured. Arya's part now matches the books. Don't know what the hell they are doing with Sansa and Theon/Reek, however, casting call has been made for Euron Greyjoy. Not sure if there will be a Victarion or not. They may just merge Euron and Victarion together, which would be interesting since the two hate each other. (Split personality!)

As is, I am impatiently waiting for Winds of Winter to come out.

Jon Snow is dead and gone....but Jon Targeryeran? Or maybe Azor Ashai the lord of light. That is the misdirection I am hoping for!

Mintprincess

Quote from: Aiden on June 19, 2015, 11:10:01 AM

Jon Snow is dead and gone....but Jon Targeryeran? Or maybe Azor Ashai the lord of light. That is the misdirection I am hoping for!

^^^^^^^^^. So this.  So very very this.  I completely subscribe to said theory.

AmberStarfire

Note to self: Don't read Game of Thrones spoilers when you haven't seen the end of the series yet.  -_-

Sir Percival the Gallant

Quote from: Mintprincess on June 19, 2015, 11:40:34 AM
^^^^^^^^^. So this.  So very very this.  I completely subscribe to said theory.

Most fans that I meet do, including me.

I'm hoping that this will happen, but if Melisandre resurrects him she'll need to discover this information, unless she somehow already knows it. Or maybe she or someone else will preserve Jon's body somehow and resurrect him later.

I'm less sure about Tyrion also being a Targaeryen as an illegitimate child of the Mad King and Joanna Lannister, but that would be interesting, too.