A journey to Abralem.

Started by uoheinrich, August 08, 2010, 02:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uoheinrich

"I was never taught that at the monastery..." He said thinking before pulling a weathered Bible from amidst his belonging. "I've read this cover to cover and haven't seen it in there before either." He flipped it open and looked at a few pages.
Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

Sairin

"There is one such story where a wounded man lies on the side of the road and two rich people pass him by to die. A poor person comes and takes care of him, this is where the beliefs come." Avis explained, continuing to avert her eyes.

uoheinrich

"Ahh. I know that story." He nodded in agreement as he closed his Bible and put it back in his belongings. He winced a little as he tried to stand. "Damnation!" He grabbed his longbow with the broken string and leaned against it as a crutch. "So then, Why were you out here in the first place?"
Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

Sairin

"Abralem," Avis muttered, "It's where my uncle resides."

uoheinrich

"Truly, I have a relative that lives out there. He asked me to help him with some troublesome wolves." He thought for a second, "Have you heard of that strange cult that's been troubling some of the local villages?" He was hoping that maybe she had heard something other than what he had.

Sairin

"A cult?" Avis looked to him in surprise. "No, I thought that my uncle would be-" 'rich... live in a big house and adorn me once more.'
"Never mind. No, I had no idea there was a cult around here," Avis held onto her sides and looked about the forest, worried about hex's being put upon her.

uoheinrich

"Oh..." He said slightly disappointed. "Well I don't know about you but I don't want to be found by them." He began to pick his belongings up. "I'm heading to Abralem now," he gave her a look that suggested safety in numbers.

Sairin

"Can I go with you?" Avis blurted out, looking up to him. She didn't want to be left behind either in such a terrifying place.

uoheinrich

"Of course," He said taken aback by her blurting out. "Besides, I don't think I can do much in a fight alone against multiple opponents..." He said looking down at his leg. "Come on then. Let's be off, I'd rather not stay in the same place two days in a row..."

Sairin

Avis stood quickly and picked up what few items she had brought.
"Makes sense," Avis averted her eyes once more and walked behind him, "I'm sorry... by the way," she muttered.

uoheinrich

"You made up for it..." He said looking back at her. "Don't worry about it... I egged you on..." He continued to use his bow as a crutch as they walked through the forest. He took extra care not to trip over anything lest it would hurt his leg.

Sairin

Avis followed in his path, looking around at the scenery. The only wildlife she spotted every once in awhile was a bird flying from tree to tree. Birds had always fancied Avis. She was envious of their wings and ability to fly. There were many times Avis would stare out the window and wonder what it was like to fly while in her lecture sessions.

uoheinrich

He watched as quail and pheasant flew about them. He grumbled about his broken bow saying that if it wasn't broken they could eat something decent and other such things. They walked for at least three hours before Harvik sat down hard. "It's hurting to much... I need to stop..." He said rubbing his leg, the sweat glistening off of his brow and arms.

Sairin

Avis frowned and squatted next to him.
"I don't know what else to do for it. I guess taking a break would be the best option now... Here, do you want some bread now?" Avis reached into her pack and brought out a few slices of bread.

uoheinrich

"Sure," He said taking a slice and slowly nibbling on it so that way it would seem more filling when he finished it. "It'll be a while before we can get anything good to eat so I suggest we eat as little as possible..." He said frowning slightly.

Sairin

Avis nodded and and nibbled on a bit of her bread.
"What is your name?" Avis asked, realizing she hadn't asked before.

uoheinrich

He had completely forgotten about introductions, "Uh... My ... uh name is... Harvik." He said bashfully as he felt stupid for not doing this earlier. "And yours?" He said looking over at her feet.

Sairin

"Avis Rossi," Avis tilted her head to the side slightly and smiled to him gently. "It's nice to meet you, Harvik."

uoheinrich

"Yeah... The pleasure is mine..." He said awkwardly before leaning back and continued to munch on his bread. "So you're Uncle eh? Not a convent?" He spoke his thoughts aloud before realizing what he had said, "I.. I didn't mean it like that!" He quickly tried to correct himself.

Sairin

"I don't take offense," Avis muttered and looked over to the horizon, "I don't know my uncle at all."

uoheinrich

"Huh.... I don't know my relative that much either. I've met them a few times when they would come visit me at the monastery but that was it. Father Alguin always said that just because they're kin doesn't mean that they are righteous." He said this while looking at his rosary and clenching it again.

Sairin

Avis bit her lower lip in worry.
"You think it's best we stood away then?" Avis became concerned. Perhaps her uncle was a crazy man as Harvik may be implying. An overwhelming sense of security began to nestle within her.
'Father would want you to continue' .... But I'm scared...

uoheinrich

"No we have our reasons for being there. We must get there. Besides, I'm sure you're uncle is a fine man. Just don't trust everyone is what I was trying to say." He shook his head at her. "Don't over think things too much."

Sairin

(Gratz! Welcome to, E! ^^)

"Sorry," Avis frowned and nibbled on her bread further. Her father had always taught her to question things and think for herself. It was something most girls were frowned upon to do, but Avis thanked her father for doing this for her.

uoheinrich

"Don't apologize for everything too." He was getting annoyed with that. He hated people who apologized for every little thing, it showed lack of a backbone. "You need to act like you when we first met. Except be real." He added for effect.