Idea/Recruitment, Knosia (Males and Females neaded)

Started by AKunoichi, June 14, 2009, 03:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKunoichi

Post your charicter concepts.
Names, descriptions and personalities.

JinZah

Question Mark

Quote from: JinZah on June 24, 2009, 10:29:37 PMso i take it we are doing this free form?

I believe we are.  The setting seems a little broad for a structured RP.

Belladonna1

Name- Meris Alus
Age- 25
Physical descrip.- 5'5" tall, 104 pounds, long blonde hair, amber-gold eyes

Other- Meris is an only child born into a long line of very wealthy land and ship owners and while she never knew her father, stories abound of his success on the seas.  A long running rumor has it,  that before her father and his crew were murdered by a neighboring clan of ruthless pirates shortly after his ship returned from a very prosperous visit to the East, that he sent 2 members of his crew ashore with 2 trunk loads of gold and precious gems among other riches and buried them somewhere on his mothers land. The land in which Meris moved to with her mother when she was small and inherited when her grandmother died.

Several attempts have been made to overthrow Meris for the rights to claim the land and search for the hidden treasure....but none have been successful.  Mainly due to the extreme loyalty and devotion of those who are in her employ, as she is known for her kindness, generosity, and fairness

She has recently begun to make plans (secretly) to search for her fathers treasure herself, yet she remains  somewhat hesitant due to the enormity of the project and the amount of assistance the effort would entail.  As well as out of fear that doing so would lure enemies out of hiding from all over causing not only herself but those close to her to be in grave danger.

Weaknesses- can often be too trusting and naive, has a weakness for any and all things of beauty whether it's priceless art or an unknown slave

Strengths- skilled in an ancient form of deadly self defense,  intuitive, and good at strategic planning, very athletic

There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.   On's & Off's are up!

JinZah

Name: Leandus Astarta
Height: 6 feet
Hair: short with wind braids
Eyes: sapphire blue
skills: navigation, playing the panpipes, seduction

Leandus became the caption of the Fire Sprite near the end of his first voyage after a three day gale nearly sank the ship, and washed most officers and crew overboard. after making port the new caption found himself mired in the politics of house Achlys as he courted the lady's favor, so that he might raise the funds to make repairs.

much to the surprise of many, himself included, Leandus was an natural at politics, his charisma and charm opening many doors easily, in fact even over the span of nearly 15 years Leandus is still considered one of lady Naia Achlys favored captions. despite this however Leandus secretly harbors contempt for many of the noble women he attends, finding them petty, flighty, vane, and in some cases out right cruel, having seen lady's raise a caption above his peers, only to alienate him, then betray him to his erstwhile compatriots. many times when this happens the caption finds his ship raided, his cargo taken, and if he is unlucky, himself clapped in irons and sold as a slave to the same lady.         

AKunoichi

Question Mark

Name: Jonus Kappela

Sex: Male

Appearance: Since the socio-cultural foundation of Knosia stems from a mix of Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and Southeast Asian cultures, I based my character's off of this diverse collection of human subspecies.  Just sayin'....  Anyways, Jonus is about 5'10" and weighs in at 147 pounds.

Brief Bio: Jonus was raised in the House of Lea.  Born to a lowly seamstress, Jonus was destined to be a slave.  He grew up knowing this, receiving a slave's education.  When he was eight, the noblewoman Lea Stellus sold him and a dozen other boys to work as slaves aboard a prestigious ship, the Ferion.  During a pirate ambush five years later, the Captain and several key sailors were killed in the opening barrage.  Although an older sailor ended up saving the ship, Jonus played a critical role in the escape.

As was his right, the sailor inherited the Ferion.  Jonus was quickly bought off of Lea Stellus (with the Captain's death, his ownership had automatically reverted back to his original owner), and then was officially freed on his sixteenth birthday three years later.  The Ferion and Lea Stellus had fallen on hard times by then, and Jonus left for a more stable ship, eventually winding up on Leandus Astarta's Fire Sprite.

Having continuously worked aboard a ship since the age of eight, Jonus had an eight year head start over other boys his age, most of whom were just getting used to the sea life.  With this advantage, he rose through the ranks quickly, eventually working directly under Captain Astarta as the First Mate.  Scuttlebutt aboard the Sprite is that his ascension was a bit too quick to have been 100% honest.

Personality: Jonus Kappela can be summed up as a fair master and an ardent worker.  He punishes infractions and failures severely and mediates disputes with a remarkably unbiased mind.  Jonus will always take note of a sailor or slave who does well, and will reward those who deserve it.  In the presence of women, he can be polite and friendly, albeit a little aloof.  He cares very little for politics, but always at least tries to make a good impression with any woman he meets.

AKunoichi

Quote from: Question Mark on June 26, 2009, 05:56:32 PM
Appearance: Since the socio-cultural foundation of Knosia stems from a mix of Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and Southeast Asian cultures, I based my character's off of this diverse collection of human subspecies.  Just sayin'....  Anyways, Jonus is about 5'10" and weighs in at 147 pounds.

Spot on,
To get a good idea of the geography, just imagine if the Arabian peninsula wasn't there and the Mediterranean and Indian oceans were merged.

I migh detail the rest of the world latter but for now just assume that there is a rome/china equivalent to the east An Aztec/Hindu nation to the south, An africa looking continent to the west, and the northern highlands are populated by a bunch of Celtic/Mongolian barbarian types.
This all can and will change. Worldbuilding for me involves lots of conceptual drift as I change my mind.

Question Mark

Does Knosia "exist" on the shores of the continents around the globe?  Is it a separate continent?  A chain of large islands?  Something else entirely?

AKunoichi

Quote from: Question Mark on June 26, 2009, 09:02:02 PM
Does Knosia "exist" on the shores of the continents around the globe?  Is it a separate continent?  A chain of large islands?  Something else entirely?

Its an Archipelago

Question Mark

Right there at the top of the first post.  >.<  Sorry!

Question Mark

So, Blood, Satya, and Raha need character profiles, and then we're good to go.  SWEET!  I am really looking forward to this.

Belladonna1

QuoteAppearance: Since the socio-cultural foundation of Knosia stems from a mix of Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and Southeast Asian cultures, I based my character's off of this diverse collection of human subspecies.  Just sayin'....  Anyways, Jonus is about 5'10" and weighs in at 147 pounds.

Should I change my characters appearance then?

There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.   On's & Off's are up!

Doomsday

Any more room for a male? I can fit any role needed...

AKunoichi

Quote from: Bella on June 29, 2009, 12:43:15 AM
Should I change my characters appearance then?
No your fine.

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on June 29, 2009, 12:47:20 AM
Any more room for a male? I can fit any role needed...
Yes in fact we are short on males. The Random Crewmember slot needs to be filled.

Question Mark

Could you describe how the sex-parties go?  Like, do people only have sex with others their rank (Captain-Noblewoman, First Mate-Adjutant, etc. etc.), or is it a true free-for-all?  How long do they last?  Is there food and drink?  Rituals or dances?

Stuff like that.

rahatngt

I'm sorry for being so late, I was looking for a photo for a character but haven't found something that I liked and forgot to post anything.

I will post later today .. just the character no photo though.

Doomsday

Name: Crastus Florio

Appearance: Middling height, lithe, perfectly built to climb the ropes and man the crow's nest of the galleys that sail around Knosia. He was born fair-skinned, but more than a decade at sea have made him darker, although he is still considered to be 'light' by his fellow sailors. Long, dark hair that goes well past his shoulders, it is usually tied back in a tail. 6'1", 189 lbs., not a hulk but strong enough to attend to his duties, and to wield a saber properly and look fearsome enough doing it. (If someone wants to find a picture, be my guest)

Biography: Crastus was born to a high house called Florio, the oldest son of his lady mother. He was the object of deep shame in her eyes, and was sent away from the household as soon as he hit puberty, with no clothes, food, or money. He eventually found his way to the Fire Sprite, and the captain, only a few years older than he, took him on board as one of his original crew members.

Personality: Crastus is sometimes too proud of himself for his high birth, and has deep resentment for the First Mate Jonus, who is younger, and has spent less time aboard the Sprite, but is of a higher rank than he. Around women he is known to be very flirtatious, and one of his better nicknames is "Crastus the Charmer", although some of his crewmates call him "Crastus the Cheater", after he once won a game of dice against the other crew members, the prize being a night with the Captain's slave, whereas he usually has very foul luck with the dice.

Question Mark

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on June 29, 2009, 01:33:38 AMName: Crastus Florio

Appearance: Middling height, lithe, perfectly built to climb the ropes and man the crow's nest of the galleys that sail around Knosia. He was born fair-skinned, but more than a decade at sea have made him darker, although he is still considered to be 'light' by his fellow sailors. Long, dark hair that goes well past his shoulders, it is usually tied back in a tail. 6'1", 189 lbs., not a hulk but strong enough to attend to his duties, and to wield a saber properly and look fearsome enough doing it. (If someone wants to find a picture, be my guest)

Biography: Crastus was born to a high house called Florio, the oldest son of his lady mother. He was the object of deep shame in her eyes, and was sent away from the household as soon as he hit puberty, with no clothes, food, or money. He eventually found his way to the Fire Sprite, and the captain, only a few years older than he, took him on board as one of his original crew members.

Personality: Crastus is sometimes too proud of himself for his high birth, and has deep resentment for the First Mate Jonus, who is younger, and has spent less time aboard the Sprite, but is of a higher rank than he. Around women he is known to be very flirtatious, and one of his better nicknames is "Crastus the Charmer", although some of his crewmates call him "Crastus the Cheater", after he once won a game of dice against the other crew members, the prize being a night with the Captain's slave, whereas he usually has very foul luck with the dice.

I see something that has the potential to become a very intriguing subplot...

Doomsday

I was thinking the two of them would be enemies to the extent of trying to outdo each other, but short enough of actual violence, although a scuff here or there wouldn't be bad.

Question Mark

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on June 29, 2009, 01:47:18 AMI was thinking the two of them would be enemies to the extent of trying to outdo each other, but short enough of actual violence, although a scuff here or there wouldn't be bad.

Makes sense.  In fighting wouldn't be tolerated on a ship: bad for morale and it weakens the crew in an unforgivable environment.

AKunoichi

Quote from: Question Mark on June 29, 2009, 01:12:39 AM
Could you describe how the sex-parties go?  Like, do people only have sex with others their rank (Captain-Noblewoman, First Mate-Adjutant, etc. etc.), or is it a true free-for-all?  How long do they last?  Is there food and drink?  Rituals or dances?

Stuff like that.

Yes
Yes
Long
Yes
and no

People can sleep with anyone there rank or lower. Using somebody else's slave requires the owners permission. (good way to get in trouble, the slave might not object but her mistress probably will.)
Usualy the crew will entertain themselves with the Household's servents and the Capitan will get the lady of the house. However trading and such will happen during the festivities. It is an orgy after all.

The party will last all night untill everyone passes out and will probably start up again the next morning.
Lots of food and drink.

Not really any specific rituals. The gods associated with parties and sex are appeased with... Parties and sex, No need for any dedications or ritual.

Doomsday

The Gods who enjoy drunken orgies are the only gods worth praising I think  XD

Belladonna1

QuoteThe Gods who enjoy drunken orgies are the only gods worth praising I think

LOL!  Right on!

Question Mark

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on June 29, 2009, 02:06:36 AMThe Gods who enjoy drunken orgies are the only gods worth praising I think  XD

*internet high five*

I'd convert to that religion in a heartbeat.

Quote from: AK47 on June 29, 2009, 01:58:09 AMPeople can sleep with anyone there rank or lower. Using somebody else's slave requires the owners permission. (good way to get in trouble, the slave might not object but her mistress probably will.)
Usualy the crew will entertain themselves with the Household's servents and the Capitan will get the lady of the house. However trading and such will happen during the festivities. It is an orgy after all.

The party will last all night untill everyone passes out and will probably start up again the next morning.
Lots of food and drink.

Not really any specific rituals. The gods associated with parties and sex are appeased with... Parties and sex, No need for any dedications or ritual.

What's the lead-in to the orgy?  Is there some kind of formal announcement, or do the sailors "dig in" as soon as they arrive?