News:

Main Menu

Elder Scrolls Online

Started by Callie Del Noire, April 01, 2014, 01:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Anyone out there?

I just gave it a try.. playing  Nicola Windfury, Nord Nightblade running doing chores for the Queen. :D

'You might have to do many things.. like ride a Quar naked thru a temple.."

"Quar..naked?"

"That is a story for veteran agents, this one will tell you a later day..."

Dashenka

I played the beta weekends.

Fantastic game, as are all The Elder Scrolls.

I'm not going to play it though. It's more expensive per month than World of Warcraft, which is idiotic and I really missed the 'MMO' aspect. So for me it's just The Elder Scrolls 6, which isn't worth paying $15 a month for on top of an already steep purchase price. Shame really cause it really looked and played amazing. The combat system and models are epic.

A true Nord doesn't do chores though. :P
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Callie Del Noire

Well the game was a gift..and I'm quite burned out of WoW .. it's got a month and five days to convince me. :D

Dashenka

Hehe I was thinking of buying the game as well and play the 1 month free. But if you do it for me, let me know :D

Sparrowhawke

I'm playing! Nightblade as well, though I'm a woodelf

I was thinking of putting a topic on here to see if we had enough people for an E guild, but I'm not sure we would :(

Dovel

Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Ryven

I play.  Breton Templar and made a new Wood Elf Nightblade.

Drake Valentine

I would, but I agree on monthly fee as far as MMOs go. I will stick to my FF online.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Xenolord

Quote from: Dovel on April 02, 2014, 04:30:39 PM
Do they have RP servers?

ESO Utilizes what they're calling a 'MegaServer'. Basically what that means is there are no servers, just one big one that is broken off into separate instances for a certain number of people. If you party with (say) a friend, and you can't see them, they're on a different instance shard. All you have to do is do a quick menu to travel to them.

TL;DR: They have one big server.

I play an Argonian Dragonknight. Fun times.

Callie Del Noire

One-Eyed Nord Nightblade working for the Dominion. Nicola Windfury, Nord Outcaste.

Dashenka

Stop it! Before I cannot control myself and buy the game. Shame I wont be on US servers IF I start playing.  :-\

Xenolord

If anyone would like, feel free to add Valdaranna@Xenolord to your friends list! Just let me know who it is so I don't reject yah. I welcome all of my E friends!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Dashenka on April 03, 2014, 08:28:30 AM
Stop it! Before I cannot control myself and buy the game. Shame I wont be on US servers IF I start playing.  :-\

Why not? You can download the US or EU mega servers versions

Xenolord

Precisely! Join us, Dash. Join us. Join us.

Dashenka

Ye but that I'd be playing when the US is asleep and vice versa.

Besides I still stand by what I said. I don't see the $15 a month justified. Perhaps when work slows down a bit I might buy the game and get the free month and see if I change my mind.

Chris Brady

I was on the beta.  I wasn't impressed.  It's nothing that WoW didn't introduce so many years ago.  It doesn't even have anything that really stands out from most MMOs outside of the setting.

I hope you guys enjoy it, but I'm out.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Dashenka

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 03, 2014, 05:58:33 PM
I was on the beta.  I wasn't impressed.  It's nothing that WoW didn't introduce so many years ago.  It doesn't even have anything that really stands out from most MMOs outside of the setting.

+1

Xenolord

I am actually very, very tempted to create a Guild for my fellow E members.

Sparrowhawke

Quote from: Xenolord on April 04, 2014, 06:24:21 PM
I am actually very, very tempted to create a Guild for my fellow E members.
If you do tell me, I'll gladly join up ^^

I have to admit I've been tempted to start an LGBT guild, though I don't know how well it would go down/if I have the balls to actually start a guild xD

Xenolord

Created.

Look for the guild "Elliquiy Tamriel Branch". Callie and I are already chilling. And, as we are all E members, we are LGBT friendly. I've never had a problem with you fine folks. :D

sleepingferret

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 03, 2014, 05:58:33 PM

I hope you guys enjoy it, but I'm out.

No MMO, really has sadly.  And I seriously doubt aside from setting, due to nature of MMOs, there really can be.  The technical demands for supporting the mass of players, while still providing the enjoyable level of graphical experience that today's gamers demand, is hard to fulfill.

And to be honest, I really wish that Bethesda, would have stuck with continuing to develop the Elder Scrolls series as a single player RPG.  I still have several mods for both Oblivion and Skyrim both, that make either game that can make the game a new experience every time.  Or even just trying to play the game through a different way, makes for different challenges.

Limitless, no?  But I still find that Bethesda's strength over the years to be in their single player series.  And now they want to enter into the MMO arena?

While I can't say the Elder Scrolls Online is necessarily just a complete failure, it also isn't something that I find worth my investment into either.  I was disappointed enough that I cancelled my pre-order of the Collector's Edition copy.   

MistressVoluptas

Quote from: Xenolord on April 05, 2014, 01:36:00 AM
Created.

Look for the guild "Elliquiy Tamriel Branch". Callie and I are already chilling. And, as we are all E members, we are LGBT friendly. I've never had a problem with you fine folks. :D

Oh awesome ;) Which pact? Also is it true you can be the member of more than one guild?

Sparrowhawke

Quote from: MistressVoluptas on April 07, 2014, 12:38:22 AM
Oh awesome ;) Which pact? Also is it true you can be the member of more than one guild?
Yep, you can join 5 guilds, but it's across your account, so if you join as one toon you join as all of them.

MistressVoluptas

Oh, ok thank you very much ;)

Xenolord

Since guilds are cross-faction, a guild's alignment only effects PvP. We fight for the Dominion, but we've got Pact and Dominion members right now.

I won't be on for a few days, due to work and whatnot, but if you want an invitation, send me a mail, and I'll get right to you.