News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

From the Underdark (a drow tale open for all.)

Started by Gwindolyn, July 02, 2010, 10:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She almost giggles when he jumps, but she manages to maintain with an easy, comforting smile.  "the elves have taken centuries to perfect their luxuries.  This wine is not the top vintages, but it is an enjoyable sharing wine."  She pauses as he asks her of some trading band. 

She looks up as you begin to ask the question.  She pauses and scours her brain.  "I must admit, I have nothing to do with the trade in this fine city - other than giving my fair share of coin in exchange for goods.  I haven't heard of them, I'm sorry.  Why do you ask?  I may be able to find out something for you.  I have a dear friend who is always in some deal or another to keep this fair city's markets full."  She giggles thinking of the tall, blonde elven male who is always on his way to or from a meeting with some merchant.

~ Gwindolyn ~

She pauses and looks at Tirund as he gives her his deepest promises of co-operation.  She can already see his mind racing with plans and objectives even as she spoke.  She later notes a pause of thought as he considers her words.  Not knowing it was about her daughter, but does keep that slip in mind.  She rises from the table and chairs as straight and easy as any could wish.  She has an almost bored demeanor about her, but if one looked closer, they could see her inner wheels working overtime as well.  She begins to walk back to the middle of the room, but pauses and looks to him as she speaks.  "Oh, I don't just mean not to speak of it, although that is surely included, but not to let them guess it either.  Do not let our preparations be seen.  Keep them well away from any eyes that might see."  She looks deep into the shadows and knows they are not completely alone.  "It is also best if you keep those beneath you from hearing too much."  She calls upon a rat.  The rat runs to the servant in the shadows and nips at his heel.  "Please do catch up with Iellwen and get plans underway."
I've become a truck driver.  This means my connection and time are not scheduled.  I cannot guarantee a post every night, and sometimes I can do multiple posts in a single time span.  For those of you who can handle time gaps between posts, I am welcoming new stories.  I want to write in the threads.  I want an audience for my writing and our story.

I am Gwindolyn            
Pressing Gwindolyn's buttons

Dunnuck

OOC: Lol I said RAIDER not TRADER lol. might wanna fix that :p

Gwindolyn

OOC:  She would have misheard you as well.  She would never think you said 'raider'.  lol. 
I've become a truck driver.  This means my connection and time are not scheduled.  I cannot guarantee a post every night, and sometimes I can do multiple posts in a single time span.  For those of you who can handle time gaps between posts, I am welcoming new stories.  I want to write in the threads.  I want an audience for my writing and our story.

I am Gwindolyn            

Dunnuck

"Not traders, ma'am." Gabriel said. "Raiders. Criminals without honor or code. A band of renegade elves." He continued to look out the window. "I wanted to know where I could find them." He  said angrily, though the anger not towards the elf in front of him. "I figured that since your a higher-up, you would of heard of something they have done

Iellwen

~Iellwen~

Weaving her way through the network of hallways within her house, the drowess, what with her dark coloring and garb, appeared as if she were a shadow. A haughty commanding shadow, but one nonetheless as she wore little that would allow her svelte form to be discerned from those that filled up the corridors and expansive rooms that made up the fortress she called home. Behind her though, struggling to keep up in his lopsided loping pace, the goblin made it obvious that someone moved before him, and perhaps it was he, and not the disembodied silver eyes that could be seen in sharp contrast to Iellwen's charcoal features, that gave her away.

It didn't matter though, few stepped into her way as she sought out the lesser priestess of whom her Ilhar had spoken.  Though it did not please her that those she had paused to question had all been wrong in her location. Therefore, when she finally caught up with An'Ree wallowing in the attentions of two male slaves, the jabress was edgy with agitation and ready to lay her tongue in verbal lashing if she could have. Instead she made no attempt to give the threesome any privacy, and stood rather doggedly mere feet from them with glacier eyes boring into the priestess's head.

Normally she would have barked out a command to grab their attention, but for some reason she took perverse pleasure in making the jaluks painfully aware of her silent presence, which resulted in their near cowering away from An'Ree who hissed up at the Arms Mistress waspishly. "Do you have a reason for interrupting my play, and bringing that.. " She jerked her chin to indicate the goblin that groveled behind Iellwen. "In here?"

The smile that curled Iellwen's lips was cold and cruel, though it didn't touch the silver of her eyes in any manner, before she purr-growled a retort to the priestess in such a manner it almost sounded respectful... almost.
"That which I brought is to be put to the greater good of our house, and it is by your hand our Ilharess has requested it be done... so if you can find time in your 'busy' schedule to do the wishes of our Ilharess... I will help you in this task." 

At the mention of their Ilharess An'Ree instantly shooed the pair of males away from her, which they seemed glad to do as being in between this pair had proven fatal to others in the past, and then swiftly rose to her bare feet. Like Gwindolyn she made no move to cover herself, but instead turned around away from Iellwen, to look upon those things within her chambers she would need as it wasn't lost upon her what the goblin was for.

The moment she turned away though, Iellwen's glacier eyes fell upon that point between her shoulders where a precise blow would render the priestess paralyzed, and slowly licked her lips as the thought played itself out in her mind.

"Well then, bring it to the alter room and I shall meet you there... I have some things to obtain and some preparations to do... but I shan't be long." An'Ree spoke over her shoulder while stepping over towards a cabinet that housed her personal spell components. Stopping in front of it to glance back over her shoulder at the Mistress of Arms and waiting for her to leave.

"Very well then... but don't take too long or I will do it myself... and you know.. I can." Iellwen flashed a feral grin before pivoting so sharply upon her boot heels that the goblin yelped in surprise while backpedaling quickly lest he be trampled upon.  Iellwen seemed not to notice this in the slightest, and instead departed the room with all the airs of an Ilharess rather than the warrior she was so very comfortable in being. 

Once she reached the alter room she positioned herself near its center and waited so still she could have been a statue if it weren't for the slow rolling gaze of her pale eyes as they cast about the splendor of the room and noted the spiders which seemed to be growing subtly in numbers.

Have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?
O/O's
Seeking
A/A

Dunnuck

"Do you know about them?" He repeated. "The raiders." He reminded.

Jessica...

"Really don't like it in there, do ya?" Jessica asked, approaching Kamaria and sitting nexr to her. "Understandable." She said, stretching. "Mind if I ask you a question?" Jessica wondered

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She looks at him a touch dumbfounded as he makes his words heard.  "No... No, I am rather sheltered, I'm afraid.  The criminal elements rarely reach my ears, except those that might be crossing my path.  It seems I'm a bit engrossed with keeping nature alive and the children cared for.  The others believe I should not be bothered with such trivial reports." She pauses with a slightly chagrined tone to her voice as the words "or at least that is their claim" slip from her tongue.  She only lets that hang long enough to drink a sip of her wine.  It was cooling, so she takes a longer draw than she had planned.

She brightens instantly as she looks back to her guest.  "I'm truly glad we could talk today.  I was going to go back to where I saw you to try to apologize to you.  You saved me the effort and graciusly accepted my apologies.  I don't want to cut this short, but the wind has whispered that your friends are waiting out of the city for you and I have to go be at some boring budget meeting for the city.  thank you so much for coming."  As if on cue, a few young elven girls enter the room.

She rises and hands her goblet to one “Linaya, please see to it that our guest finds his way out of our labrynth of halls.”  Her voice is pleasant and light as she feels like she teases the whole elven culture as she says this.  A twinkle in her eyes might back that feeling up.  “If you could be so good at to take him to the tree….”  Her name for the tree being a combination of ancient elven and tree, it was hard to hear let alone speak unless you knew both languages completely.  The young elf, curtsies and Freezya blushes at such honor given, but says nothing.  She turns back to Gabriel and says “I’m terribly sorry I must run after you have been so kind today.  But those silly boys don’t like it when I run late. ”  She looks to the sun and sighs “And I’m late again.”  She laughs lightly, like the sound of water softly babbling over pebbles.

I am Gwindolyn            

Dunnuck

"Well, thanks anyways." Gabriel said before parting with Freezya. He exited the building and made his way out of town, finding Kamaria and Jessica talking. "Business done. Lets get out of here." Gabriel said with a sigh of relief.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She raised herself up from her position near the tree and dusted herself off. It had been a good while since the man had gone. Her first scornful thought was that perhaps that foolish elf had put to bed this human, he did seem to be one for the company of women in his sheets. But she quickly dismissed these thoughts, stretching a bit and tossing aside the peelings of the orange from earlier.

"You spent plenty of time apologizing." Kamaria said quietly, her foul mood still somewhat lingering on her bitter words as she turned away. "The farther from this place we go, the better I will be in behavior. So shall we finally be leaving?"
"Adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features."
An Hourglass of Dreams | Ons & Offs

Dunnuck

"Of course." Gabriel said, leading the way back to the human city. Gabriel's mind continues to wander into the raiders. Would they even remember him? A small boy and his father? Were the same people even in the group still?

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

Night had fallen when they returned to the human man's house, stepping inside to find the place dark. Kamaria quickly discarded her weapons into the chair, undoing her hair and letting it fall in thick silvery waves around her shoulders. She moved through the darkness with precision, her drow eyes keen to the lack of light.

She turned and sat the food bag on the table, and faced Gabriel then.

"I'm off to bathe." She said simply, and grabbed her other bag she'd left behind and moved to the bathroom.

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She quickly gathers what she needs. She regrets not being able to spend more time with the human, after all, relations are not something built in mere minutes.  She checks the sun and realizes she is in for another lecture about time and commerce and her lack of interest in either.   She grabs a brush and runs it through her long curls.  Her curls reaching to the back of her knees often get tangled and this tends to be a time consuming chore, but she doesn't have that time.  So she gives them a cursy glance with the brush, making the top layer looked brushed.  She dabs a bit of lily essance on her to hide the effects of the warm day.  She straightens her gown and grabs her pile of papers and dashes at a quick speed to the town meeting room.  A room in the center of the city where all are welcome to join and learn of the affairs of the city or have a say about discussions in progress.  The sun is high and beautiful and no matter her need for haste, she pauses to enjoy the beautiful rays on her face.  She sends a silent thank you to the Gods and Godesses and another prayer to the earth that she may enjoy the nourishment the sun provides.  A smile retakes her lips as the joy of life springs back to her eyes.  Her step is still fast, but her bounce is back in it.

I am Gwindolyn            

Drow Denizen

Quelthar - Elven Settlement

Quelthar is leaning against the tavern wall, his eyes surveying the coming and goings of people to and from the palace. He wears his wood elven illusion, made to look exhausted and wounded.
As he spots Freezya emerging from the gate he pushes himself off the wall and follows her. He affects a weary stumble into his gait as he waits for an opportune moment. When the chance comes he intentionally stumbles into her head on, letting his feet fall out from under him so he tumbles into her chest and arms, clinging to her as if desperate and exhausted.
His eyes are wide with desperation as he gasps to her in the elven tongue - speaking it perfectly by way of his Tongues spell. "My Lady, you must help me..!" The compulsion of his charm spell tugs on her mind, trying to sway her into being sympathetic to his plight. He feigns falling unconscious in her arms.
You might say it's sexist to treat women like objects, so you can ogle their luscious rounded boobies and melt away between their smooth milky thighs as the sweat runs in rivulets from their writhing, sensuous body, but...sorry, I forgot where I was going with that.

Gwindolyn

As she bounces along the path, an elf falls onto her.  She is stunned, but catches him deftly.  Being a combat druid, she is use to such events - but she normally expects them in combat.  Walking on a sunny day, less expecting of sudden collapses into her arms.

She begins to look at him as he begs for help.  Something tingling in the back of her mind warns her.  Had the drow not tried to charm her, she would have fallen for his ruse.  She speaks a soft enchantment to dispell magic.  She cast it too softly, underestimating the power of his spells and nothing changes.  She is very wary, but plays along for now.

Quickly she catches the eyes of a few elves near her.  "Carry him to the tavern and get him some drink and food.  Stay with him until I return.  Do not let him leave lest he try to move before he is ready."   'Or I've had a chance to question' her mind adds silently.  She continues to the meeting she dreads so much, knowing those guys are not going to buy the truth if her soul depended on it.

I am Gwindolyn            

Dunnuck

Gabriel promptly entered his bed and Jessica entered the guest room's bed. "Shit." Gabriel cursed, remembering that Kamaria was to sleep here. He made his way downstairs and took a place on the bench. It was then that he realized it wasn't the late; it was merely dark. Jessica returned back downstairs, clothes bundled into her arm. "You getting in after her?" Gabriel asked Jessica. "Yeah. Hope she doesn't take too long, though." She commented. At this point, he briefly imagined the two girls in the shower together. "At this point, you're probably imagining me and Kamaria in the shower together." She stated. "What?" Gabriel asked innocently. "You're still a pervert, Gabriel." She laughed. "It's all in good nature." He commented.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She dipped into the water, her naked dark form relaxing as she dipped into the water. Her body relaxed as she dipped her silver hair into the water as well. She reached into her bag and drew out two bars of soap. One was a shampoo bar, basically, which she ran her nails over three times. Then she pushed the peelings into her scalp. She rubbed it into her hair, lathering it, then moving to take the other bar of soap and run it over every inch of her skin.

When she was done and rinsed, her hair glistened wildly in a shade of rich polished titanium, and her skin glittered with a dark arsenic gray sheen. She dressed into the shorts and white long-sleeve top, and tied her hair up into a thick damp knot on top of her head. She moved out of the bathroom, carrying her old things downstairs. When she came down, her long dark legs availed, she stopped and looked at Gabriel. Her eyes sparkled golden and she turned her head to look over him, her appearance much softer when she was both fresh from the shower and wearing very casual (and slightly revealing) clothes. Her scent wafted through the air, as she slid her bag down on the chair with the rest of her things, her soap and shampoo inside of it. Her scent was sweet and tangy, like lemon citrus and sweet strawberries.

"Gabriel." She said calmly, moving towards him, stopping before him. "How went it, the talking with the elven woman?"

Dunnuck

"It was..." He cleared his throat, eyeing her body. "A rather beautiful--I mean pleasent, experience." He said, stumbling over his words a bit. "She was much more forgiving than I thought she would be." He caught the delectible smell of Kamaria. He cleared his throat. "Something felt...off though. Revealing even." He said, subconsciously referring to Kamaria's attire. "Like everything was just out there. Like all eyes were in our direction. Tension...danger even." He ripped his eyes away. "Something wasn't right." He finally got out. Jessica let out a small giggle. "I'm going to take a shower." She told the two. "Maybe its your mind playing tricks on you." She suggested, excusing herself.

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

With the elf carried to the tavern by some witnesses.  She trundles off to her meeting.  After much lecturing and some unpleasant work being done.  Finally, budgets are set and money is alloted.  The other councilors finish their pleasantries and start to part either alone or in small groups.  Freezya sighs with relief, gathers her papers and heads out. 

She starts to head home until she sees the tavern.  That reminds her of the strange elf.  She turns into the tavern.  She walks up to the keep and asks of the elf.  He demands payment first.  She smiles sweetly and produces a few coins.  His demeanor softens instantly.  She is shown to the room where he lays.  She looks his form over and he appears to be asleep.  She does not feel any tingling at the edge of her mind, but she is still suspicious.  She steps over and runs her hand through his hair to see if it is real.  As far as she can feel, it is real.  She puzzles over it.

I am Gwindolyn            

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She moved around him as Jessica disappeared, leaving just the drow and the human in the room. Her eyes almost glowed in the silence as she finally closed them, folding her arms across her chest slowly and rubbing her hands across her shoulders. She was tired, and images of Calanon still burned into her mind. She blinked them away though, focusing then on the sight of Gabriel.

"How so," She began. "What was wrong, the feeling? What do you feel about it all?"

Drow Denizen

Quelthar lies in the bed in the tavern, still feigning unconsciousness. The illusion conceals his wakefulness. Spells are at the tip of his tongue as Freezya enters, his body tense with anticipation; the illusory wood elf looks relaxed, asleep. She runs her hand through her hair, and he intentionally stirs a little.
You might say it's sexist to treat women like objects, so you can ogle their luscious rounded boobies and melt away between their smooth milky thighs as the sweat runs in rivulets from their writhing, sensuous body, but...sorry, I forgot where I was going with that.

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She steps back a little as he stirs.  "are you waking?  or are you just shifting?"  She says.  Something keeps her a little wary.  She smells magic in the air, but this is an elven city, when is there NOT magic in the air?  She tries to relax for what harm could this poor little guy do?

"Hmmm.  I see no food nor water.  I shall get someone to bring those to you."  She turns to leave the room, but only opens the door.  There is someone out there.  She signals them and grants them a coin for the bill and a coin for them if they bring food and water for the elf.  She turns back and walks to the bed, her eyes looking for what her heart feels.  She sees nothing.  She decides to trust for now.

I am Gwindolyn            

Drow Denizen

His voice rasps, as if his energy has been sapped from him "I'm sorry..." He gasps for a breath, his dark tan features grimacing. "I did not mean deception - I.. I'm desperate, I need your help yet I knew you would not agree unless I coerced you. What I would ask, no one would agree to." He feigns a shuddering cough.

The fake humbleness and openness does not come easy to him, but drow males are if nothing else good actors. Practiced at hiding their true thoughts, saying what will please their listeners.

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She listens to his apologies and settles a bit.  Perhaps she was being paranoid.  "Please, what is it you need?"  Her heart melts at the soft pleading, but she does not apologize for her assumptions yet.  She has yet to fully dismiss the nagging warning flags waving like mad in the back of her mind.  She just finds nothing to support their frantic whispers of danger either.

At his cough, Freezya takes the glass of water from the tray and brings it to his mouth.  She sits next to the elf and places a hand under his head, lifting it lightly.  "here, drink some water to wet your mouth.  That will allow you to talk a bit freer."

I am Gwindolyn            

Dunnuck

His mind recalled a citizen that always lingered around Feezya, and he mentally noted each incident. "Like the silence before the storm." He commented. "Get your sword, we need to go back." He said, rising quickly. "I think there maybe an assassination attempt tonight."

Drow Denizen

He drinks only lightly from the glass, wary of drinking anything offered by others. "My kin, my family, my friends, they.." His voice quavers slightly before he goes on. "They were all taken." He looks up at her, willing his illusory guise to look stricken with panic and pleading. "They asked for you. I don't know you, but they asked for you to come." He feigns a deep shuddering sob coursing through his body, looking down as if ashamed.