News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

CthulhuTech - Sectarian Crimes [Full]

Started by Jaded, April 14, 2014, 12:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

Special Service Training Asset.  It's in the metaplot book, Damnation View.  Special Services is essentially J & K from MiB.  They do not exist.  You do not know them.  Etc.

I mean...gaining spells is one thing - you spend a certain amount of XP to gain a spell while you're in game.  But how do you determine what spells a Sorcerer starts with?  The Cheat rules for acquiring spells makes it impossible to acquire more than 3-4 with all of your Cheats!

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on April 16, 2014, 09:15:36 PM
Thanks, Jade.  Right.  Now to get to business going over some stuff.

Goat, if that's the case, doesn't buying the SST Asset mean that you are part of SpecServ?  I always took it that it was.

Basically I paid the full Asset and SAN price for only half the goods and posted what I feel is a reasonable and characterful background which explains why the character is effectively an OIS experimental elite field agent, trained in ways that are beyond average (Hint: It's the name of a color that has no color...Or every color, depending on how you're handling light and chroma.).

...And that's still under review by Jaded, not cleared as a given, and I'll rework the character if she says so. But she doesn't get all the special SST-only goodies, no. No special model MP, no archanotech-healing-on-tap, no ability to over-ride FSB (and even OIS) authority, and very likely no DU. So if you want to spell it out in those terms, I put in 4 Asset points and 1 SAN for an armored coat, access to the SMG Cascade, and an element of 'cool story, bro.' So definitely not a MiB.

Also, call me Carny, if you don't mind.

Quote from: Jaded on April 16, 2014, 09:48:36 PM
Where is the SST Asset?  I feel like I am missing something.

What do you mean?

Jaded, I expressly put the page numbers in my character sheet so that you could look them up when reviewing it, and specified what I was doing there. I can repost them here, out of that context, if you'd prefer.

Quote from: Darkling on April 16, 2014, 08:25:23 PM
I an considering picking up some para-psychic goodness to supplement my psychotherapy/socialness. I was wondering, how many of these powers do paras tend to develop? Characterwise. its it better to focus on one or two, or can i spread it around more?

For what its worth, my character is a socialite, she probably has little in the way of direct combat skills, the friendly face when the team needs some undercover work, and the team therapist, whatever powers i may give her will work with those themes, shes never going to be a person of mass destruction XD

This is all on p.57 of VM.

When you take Latent Para-Psychic and Erupted Para-Psychic, you get one First Order power from your primary power group (and have to name your secondary group even though you don't get a power from it yet).

If you take Zoner, you get one First Order and one Third order power from your primary power group, as well as a First Order power from your Secondary power group.

All of these Powers (for Zoners and Para-Psychics) are at Student level.

The only way to get more powers or raise their level for a starting character is by expending Cheats.

Enhancement* Cheat Cost
Increase a First Order Power to a Novice level of expertise 2
Increase a First Order Power from a Novice to an Adept level of expertise 2
Increase a Second Order Power to a Novice level of expertise 4
Start with an additional First Order Sensory or Somatic Power 2
Start with an additional First Order Environmental or Manipulative Power 4
Start with an additional Second Order Sensory or Somatic Power 4
* Check the power listings to see if you meet the Intellect, Tenacity, and Power Prerequisite requirements and to see what
Insanity Tests need to be made for the eruption of new powers.

Zayry (Moth) has Cryokinesis (cold damage) and Psychometry (object-reading).

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on April 16, 2014, 09:53:01 PM
Special Service Training Asset.  It's in the metaplot book, Damnation View.  Special Services is essentially J & K from MiB.  They do not exist.  You do not know them.  Etc.

I mean...gaining spells is one thing - you spend a certain amount of XP to gain a spell while you're in game.  But how do you determine what spells a Sorcerer starts with?  The Cheat rules for acquiring spells makes it impossible to acquire more than 3-4 with all of your Cheats!

That is by design. If you look at the above, you'll see that's really more useful abilities than you're likely to acquire from Para-Psychic using all of your Cheats, unless you take Zoner with all of its special drawbacks, or only have Student level powers.

And to give you an idea of what a 'Student-level' power is here's the one for Cryokinesis:
QuoteStudent: Your touch basically acts like ice. You never get too hot
and your drinks are always cold. You cannot use this power offensively.

Feel any better about your spells? :D

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

ChaoticSky

*hugs* i appreciate the effort you put into such a detailed response, however unfortunately, you completely misread my question. I'm perfectly capable of reading the text in the books/not the kind of person who asks before checking.

My query was one of playing CT in general. Do players who play parapsychics tend to focus on a few powers, with a aim of achieving mastery, or spread themselves around more thinly with many lower level powers? I understand theres likely a element of preference in this, but i was hoping to ferret out if there was any caveats to the system that a more experienced player might be aware of. Like for example, say 'getting more than two/three/four powers is a waste, or 'mastery usually isnt worth it' and similar such sagely wisdom.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Darkling on April 16, 2014, 10:26:37 PM
*hugs* i appreciate the effort you put into such a detailed response, however unfortunately, you completely misread my question. I'm perfectly capable of reading the text in the books/not the kind of person who asks before checking.

My query was one of playing CT in general. Do players who play parapsychics tend to focus on a few powers, with a aim of achieving mastery, or spread themselves around more thinly with many lower level powers? I understand theres likely a element of preference in this, but i was hoping to ferret out if there was any caveats to the system that a more experienced player might be aware of. Like for example, say 'getting more than two/three/four powers is a waste, or 'mastery usually isnt worth it' and similar such sagely wisdom.

Waiter, I'd like to order a larger palm for my face, please. *Snugs*

In my experience it varies a lot. I've seen people focus on a single power to max it, paying little attention to others (this is usually an environmental/combative blaster) and I've seen people pick up every power in their Primary (this is usually manipulation or sensory) and raise them all into the Novice/Adept range over a long time period in order to be a little good at everything.

Risk-wise, more powers acquired in-game == more chance to go insane as new ones erupt. Adaptability-wise, more powers will be usable in more situations (if you only have combat powers, and you aren't in combat much, well...On the other hand, sensory powers are useful pretty frequently).

How you use them matters a great deal, too. If you can make your own situations (low-level pyromancer lures enemies into fuel station and boom) you can do a lot with very little (Student-level is still crazy-difficult mode in most cases, though). If you want to be able to brute-force it regardless of situations, then Mastery matters.

So in short, it's kind of a 'what do you want to accomplish and are you an all eggs in one basket or a buy up all the baskets kind of person?' Sorry I can't be more helpful than that. :(

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on April 16, 2014, 10:37:52 PM
Waiter, I'd like to order a larger palm for my face, please. *Snugs*

In my experience it varies a lot. I've seen people focus on a single power to max it, paying little attention to others (this is usually an environmental/combative blaster) and I've seen people pick up every power in their Primary (this is usually manipulation or sensory) and raise them all into the Novice/Adept range over a long time period in order to be a little good at everything.

Risk-wise, more powers acquired in-game == more chance to go insane as new ones erupt. Adaptability-wise, more powers will be usable in more situations (if you only have combat powers, and you aren't in combat much, well...On the other hand, sensory powers are useful pretty frequently).

How you use them matters a great deal, too. If you can make your own situations (low-level pyromancer lures enemies into fuel station and boom) you can do a lot with very little (Student-level is still crazy-difficult mode in most cases, though). If you want to be able to brute-force it regardless of situations, then Mastery matters.

So in short, it's kind of a 'what do you want to accomplish and are you an all eggs in one basket or a buy up all the baskets kind of person?' Sorry I can't be more helpful than that. :(
Its okay, thats plenty ^^

ReijiTabibito

Speaking of powers, that reminds me.  Jade, question for you.  Vade Mecum gave us a Somatic power for each of the Physical Attributes except for Perception.  Would it be a bit much to take the Hyperagility power, but give it a Perception oriented variant?  If you want a concrete example, think something like in the TV show The Sentinel.

Also, Carny...so, what did you get for your SST Asset?  Also, would any of the gunplay Cascades be available to your average FSB agent?

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on April 16, 2014, 11:32:38 PM
Speaking of powers, that reminds me.  Jade, question for you.  Vade Mecum gave us a Somatic power for each of the Physical Attributes except for Perception.  Would it be a bit much to take the Hyperagility power, but give it a Perception oriented variant?  If you want a concrete example, think something like in the TV show The Sentinel.

Also, Carny...so, what did you get for your SST Asset?  Also, would any of the gunplay Cascades be available to your average FSB agent?

Like I said, presuming Jaded okays it:

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on April 16, 2014, 10:00:17 PM
...And that's still under review by Jaded, not cleared as a given, and I'll rework the character if she says so. But she doesn't get all the special SST-only goodies, no. No special model MP, no archanotech-healing-on-tap, no ability to over-ride FSB (and even OIS) authority, and very likely no DU. So if you want to spell it out in those terms, I put in 4 Asset points and 1 SAN for an armored coat, access to the SMG Cascade, and an element of 'cool story, bro.' So definitely not a MiB.

I.e., I'd like to get the occasional magazine of DU (+1 dmg, sometimes has incendiary effects but the game is vague about implementation...Real-world DU is pyrophoric (ignites spontaneously in air) and tends to fracture in such a way that DU penetrators are literally self-sharpening as they go through armor) but the rest I didn't ask for, and I don't know if Jaded will approve the DU. For me it'd be a cool thing to pull out some time as a last resort when things were really going pear-shaped and drill a dozen or so burning holes in something...But it's not as if it's in any way, shape or form fundamental to the character concept. On the other hand, if the rest of it's denied en toto I will have some re-working to do just in sheer terms of the points involved.

From Damnation View, p.81
QuoteOnce upon a time, human beings used quite a bit of the element
uranium. One of the uses of the depleted heavy metal was as
special rounds for weapons. Depleted uranium (DU) rounds are
very dense – 84% as dense as osmium or iridium, which are the
densest substances under terrestrial pressures. This increased
density gives it a smaller diameter than traditional bullets, providing
less drag and deeper penetration. The rounds are also often
incendiary, especially if it meets with significant resistance.
Since there are stockpiles of DU still left, the government has created
the DU rounds for their most dangerous duties, including
Special Services. In effect, it adds an additional +1 on top of the
weapon’s normal damage rating, in addition to its incendiary
effects. Most Special Services agents carry one clip of DU ammunition
for their MP-6S1’s. It is very difficult to get DU if you’re
not top special forces or in Special Services.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Jaded

I've put 3 character sheets (the ones I believe are finished) into the second post of the Game Information and OOC thread.  If I missed anything when copying/pasting, or screwed anything up, please let me know.  If anyone has free time and wants to skim through them to make sure there are no errors, I would appreciate it (if not, I'll get to it, but takes time especially with my limited experience with the system). 

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on April 16, 2014, 09:53:01 PM

I am going to leave the rules as is for now. 

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on April 16, 2014, 10:00:17 PM
Basically I paid the full Asset and SAN price for only half the goods and posted what I feel is a reasonable and characterful background which explains why the character is effectively an OIS experimental elite field agent, trained in ways that are beyond average (Hint: It's the name of a color that has no color...Or every color, depending on how you're handling light and chroma.).

Should be fine as long as the character isn't actually an SST member.

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on April 16, 2014, 11:32:38 PM

Uh.  Hmm.  It is probably fine unless anyone has a reason why such a power doesn't exist.  I haven't seen Sentinel.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Jaded on April 17, 2014, 12:19:58 AM
Uh.  Hmm.  It is probably fine unless anyone has a reason why such a power doesn't exist.  I haven't seen Sentinel.

I haven't, either...Could you maybe explain a little bit more about how you see the power working, Reiji?

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

ReijiTabibito

Okay.  So you can take SpecServices Training without being an agent, if you forfeit access to the equipment.  Can you just be a normal, then?  I would assume that the person in question cross-trained with SpecServ if they have the training, but lack the equipment access...or do you have to be a Psychic/Sorcerer?

The Sentinel was a 90s TV show.  The basic premise was that the main character, a cop, had spent time in South America - while there, his natural 5 senses: sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch; were heightened somehow to beyond human levels.

The way I see it working, mechanic wise, is similar to Hyperagility - bonuses to the stat, as well as the Secondary Stats derived from it.  Except this goes to Perception rather than Agility.  In roleplaying terms...the character gains the ability to hear that hushed conversation across the room; can see clearly a block away (but not at night, unless he's got nightvision).

And so on.

SGTDan

There's Depleted Uranium rounds?

Too bad I'm on liaison!
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on April 17, 2014, 12:27:55 AM
Okay.  So you can take SpecServices Training without being an agent, if you forfeit access to the equipment.  Can you just be a normal, then?  I would assume that the person in question cross-trained with SpecServ if they have the training, but lack the equipment access...or do you have to be a Psychic/Sorcerer?

I was justifying it as specialized training and equipment due to being one of the first Whites to enter federal service in the OIS (given the short period of time Whites have been around, and that she has been 'raised in' the agency) rather than having to do with being a psychic or sorceror...She's an experiment, and she's under 24x7 surveillance, and she was raised to find and kill monsters. They don't want the experiment to fail simply because she had less training than they could give somebody attending their exclusive school, or because they skimped on equipment.

Quote from: SGTDan on April 17, 2014, 12:28:08 AM
There's Depleted Uranium rounds?

Too bad I'm on liaison!

Super, super, SUPER restricted. As in, 'this is the magazine signed out to you, if you fire it, we're going to know, and you're going to be filling out all the paperwork. ALL the paperwork. And then we're going to be investigating. And then maybe, maybe, if you're lucky and you're still working for us after unloading toxic, pyrophoric armor-piercing rounds in an urban environment, we'll consider the possibility of issuing you another magazine. Some day. Maybe. Don't ask.

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on April 17, 2014, 12:27:55 AMThe Sentinel was a 90s TV show.  The basic premise was that the main character, a cop, had spent time in South America - while there, his natural 5 senses: sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch; were heightened somehow to beyond human levels.

The way I see it working, mechanic wise, is similar to Hyperagility - bonuses to the stat, as well as the Secondary Stats derived from it.  Except this goes to Perception rather than Agility.  In roleplaying terms...the character gains the ability to hear that hushed conversation across the room; can see clearly a block away (but not at night, unless he's got nightvision).

And so on.

Interesting. Is it not only 'hear sounds that quiet' but 'be able to filter out that much more sound'? Figure you can hear all the conversations in a 100m radius instead of just, oh, 10m...

This is something that has always bothered me about 'Super-Hearing'. The guy whispering across the room sounds like he's right next to you...And so does the guy rattling pans in the kitchen, the car everyone else hears as a faint bass change in the background noise, and all the other conversations between you and him sound even 'louder'. It's one of those things that (pardon the pun) sounds like a good idea but I've never figured out quite how that would work.

I'd probably (personally) be tempted to tag it under clairaudience in the sense that it's like clairvoyance, and then stick it under 'Sensory' rather than 'Somatic' powers...It is kind of more of a 'sensory' element. Somatic has to do with the physical body. It isn't that a clairvoyant can 'see farther', it's that they can move the point from which they see out of their body and far away. So it'd be like being able to move the focal point of your hearing across the room so your 'ears' were sitting in the booth with the conversation you wanted to hear.

Of course then you can't hear your team member at your own table asking you to pass the salt, but details, details. XD It'd allow for the 'listen in on conversations way over there' effect, though, without worrying about 'additional noise' from everything else your 'super hearing' would pick up, because you wouldn't have 'super hearing' just 'remote hearing'.

All just IMHO, of course.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on April 17, 2014, 12:38:07 AM
Interesting. Is it not only 'hear sounds that quiet' but 'be able to filter out that much more sound'? Figure you can hear all the conversations in a 100m radius instead of just, oh, 10m...

This is something that has always bothered me about 'Super-Hearing'. The guy whispering across the room sounds like he's right next to you...And so does the guy rattling pans in the kitchen, the car everyone else hears as a faint bass change in the background noise, and all the other conversations between you and him sound even 'louder'. It's one of those things that (pardon the pun) sounds like a good idea but I've never figured out quite how that would work.

I'd probably (personally) be tempted to tag it under clairaudience in the sense that it's like clairvoyance, and then stick it under 'Sensory' rather than 'Somatic' powers...It is kind of more of a 'sensory' element. Somatic has to do with the physical body. It isn't that a clairvoyant can 'see farther', it's that they can move the point from which they see out of their body and far away. So it'd be like being able to move the focal point of your hearing across the room so your 'ears' were sitting in the booth with the conversation you wanted to hear.

Of course then you can't hear your team member at your own table asking you to pass the salt, but details, details. XD It'd allow for the 'listen in on conversations way over there' effect, though, without worrying about 'additional noise' from everything else your 'super hearing' would pick up, because you wouldn't have 'super hearing' just 'remote hearing'.

All just IMHO, of course.

One of the things in the show that was discussed was the hero needing to be able to concentrate to use his senses effectively - he would shut out his other abilities and focus on one at a time - of course, the problem was that that could leave him open to problems.  Think Man of Steel and the Kryptonians.  Superman is able to shut out the excessive sensory input that being a Kryptonian provides on Earth because of his heritage.  The new arrivals, without their helmets, aren't.

EDIT: Also, there's no Clairaudience power.  And Clairvoyance, IMO, acts more as a magic 8-ball than being able to do actual clairvoyance.

SGTDan

Don't make me sadder Carn!

but he's going to enjoy this little manhunt, I'm going to guess you guys are going to enjoy not having to breach a suspects house yourself now. I mean why do that when you have guys who do it for a living? I'm excited for this game, looking forward to all the sanity lose leading to insanity and eventually burning the city down.

At the end of this investigation...I think Keys may end up leveling a city block out of sheer crazy!
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on April 17, 2014, 12:49:38 AM
One of the things in the show that was discussed was the hero needing to be able to concentrate to use his senses effectively - he would shut out his other abilities and focus on one at a time - of course, the problem was that that could leave him open to problems.  Think Man of Steel and the Kryptonians.  Superman is able to shut out the excessive sensory input that being a Kryptonian provides on Earth because of his heritage.  The new arrivals, without their helmets, aren't.

I fail at comic book. I plead having no mutant X chromosomes. I only remember any other Kryptonians from that one movie, with General whozzit and his companions, and I don't remember them having troubles. It still (purely IMHO) seems like a Sensory para-psychic power though, rather than a Somatic (of the body/matter) one...And if Clairvoyance is used as an example, well, Clairvoyance is a Second Order power. Maybe Clairaudience as a First Order power since it is less information (audio only) but with the same effects, etc. as used for each step of Clair...Hrmn, no, that's weird. I just read VM's version of Clairvoyance and it's NOT Clairvoyance in the usual sense of the word. More like some kind of psychic intuition/Sixth Sense. Weeeeeird. Why'd they do that?

I dunno. This is all just opinions anyway. Not the GM.

Quote from: SGTDan on April 17, 2014, 12:51:40 AM
At the end of this investigation...I think Keys may end up leveling a city block out of sheer crazy!

You're trying to reassure me, aren't you? It's not working.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

SGTDan

Well if Keys goes crazy, there ain't much I can reassure Carn....

People go crazy...things happen and they are usually bad. Especially in C-Tech or any Mythos setting.

Thinking of his pistol I may customize it to be sort of like the Ambassador from TF2 because I like the art. I also like the name and can see it being his human "Ambassador" to the Migou.

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ReijiTabibito

General Zod.  You probably saw the Christopher Reeves movies back in the day, with Gene Hackman and Marlon  Brando as Jor-El.  The latest Superman movie explores what it would actually be like to have superhuman senses.  Go watch Man of Steel if you can.

And yeah.  Clairvoyance doesn't do what it's supposed to.  Like I said.  Magic 8-Ball.  There isn't any sort of power - Sensory or otherwise - that lets you amplify your own natural perception, or even move it.  There should be a power that does that.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on April 17, 2014, 01:01:43 AM
General Zod.  You probably saw the Christopher Reeves movies back in the day, with Gene Hackman and Marlon  Brando as Jor-El.  The latest Superman movie explores what it would actually be like to have superhuman senses.  Go watch Man of Steel if you can.

Alert. I am older than dust. Is that a movie? Or are all y'all kids watching three-dee holygrams nowadays? GET OFF MY LAWN.

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on April 17, 2014, 01:01:43 AMAnd yeah.  Clairvoyance doesn't do what it's supposed to.  Like I said.  Magic 8-Ball.  There isn't any sort of power - Sensory or otherwise - that lets you amplify your own natural perception, or even move it.  There should be a power that does that.

Yeah, I don't know what the heck was going on there. Seems an awful lot of points to sink into 'maybe the GM will tell you something useful, maybe they won't.'

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Muse

*Waves* 

Good morning, all.  :) 

I wonder if my sheet's one of the ones that's been posted?  *runs to look* 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on April 17, 2014, 01:47:06 AM
Yeah, I don't know what the heck was going on there. Seems an awful lot of points to sink into 'maybe the GM will tell you something useful, maybe they won't.'

"All signs point to Tuesday.  Ask again later."  :P

Way I handled it was that the bigger your level, the increased chance I gave you something.  A Master Clairvoyant would almost certainly pick up on anything significant for the story of the week, in addition to the ongoing plot.

Still, a question needs answering - do I have to be Psychic or know Sorcery in order to get SpecServices Training?

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on April 17, 2014, 09:01:37 AM
"All signs point to Tuesday.  Ask again later."  :P

Way I handled it was that the bigger your level, the increased chance I gave you something.  A Master Clairvoyant would almost certainly pick up on anything significant for the story of the week, in addition to the ongoing plot.

Still, a question needs answering - do I have to be Psychic or know Sorcery in order to get SpecServices Training?

Going by the book, all SS agents are sorcerors or psychics.

What sort of a character were you looking to run? Maybe I can be helpful in looking up ways to get similar benefits (though certainly not 'the same'. Moth is paying the full price and not getting most of the really big benefits herself).

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

ReijiTabibito

My thoughts on my character were one of two possible paths.  I have always wanted to play around with Sorcery (even if the Ruach costs are huge, gonna need a few assistants for some spells), so I could be a Sorcerer - I'm thinking Scrying/Warding combination, with maybe a small handful of Enchantment spells.

The other type I was thinking of was a Holmesian investigator type.  With a Watson-like sword cane.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on April 17, 2014, 01:34:32 PM
My thoughts on my character were one of two possible paths.  I have always wanted to play around with Sorcery (even if the Ruach costs are huge, gonna need a few assistants for some spells), so I could be a Sorcerer - I'm thinking Scrying/Warding combination, with maybe a small handful of Enchantment spells.

The other type I was thinking of was a Holmesian investigator type.  With a Watson-like sword cane.

As far as I can see, you're the only applicant who is looking into Sorcery at all...

And why can't you be both? :D Sorceror who is a Holmesian investigator type, with a Watson-like sword cane?

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

SGTDan

Oh god, is he going to be as conceited as Holmes?
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ReijiTabibito

I plan on having the sword-cane either way - :P.  Make everyone think I'm a cripple until it's just the right time.

The reason that I divide up the concepts is because it's a question of how my character progresses.  The Investigator will take his EXP and turn it into additional levels in things like the Sciences, education, more Law Enforcement, etc etc.  For Sorcery, a lot of my EXP is going to be tied up in acquiring more spells, Intellect, and Tenacity.  Especially Tenacity.  Regardless of how many Spells I'm going to learn (the current number hangs between 6-8, with myself starting with 2).