MarvelThrones:A Tale Of Spider's & Hulk's(Need Captain America, Phoenix, others)

Started by NubianLegend, May 05, 2015, 07:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NubianLegend

Quote from: Mathim on May 15, 2015, 09:55:49 PM
Getting my Nova profile done:

Username: Mathim
Character Name: Sir Richard Rider, last of the Nova
Canon Not sure, just the comics I guess
Physical Description: Short red-tinged hair, no visible scarring, moderately light skin and green eyes
Sexuality: Hetero
Role: Knight
What does your character desire most?: To fulfill his duty as bearer of the enchanted armor
Personal Philosophy: Destiny chooses who is good as selfishness chooses who is evil.
Notable Equipment & Weaponry: His helmet and armor which grant him a multitude of abilities powered by the three mystic gems inlaid in the breast of his chest plate. Only he can wield them, so thieves get nothing but the ability to render him powerless without them.
Skills: Mediocre fighting talent, somewhat skilled with carpentry
A List of Powers/Spells attributes of your character: The first of his three gems gives him increased strength and durability. The second gives him limited levitation capability, but only on himself, not on other people or objects. The third gives him the ability to project bursts of magical energy from his hands. Each gem has a limit to how much of each ability it can provide before needing recharging, so if he fights well he can rotate in each and let them wear down evenly, or strategically use up one and fall back on the others while it recharges. Without the armor on, he is merely an average peasant.
Bio: Sir Richard Rider was a nobody, unworthy of even being inducted into the ranks of any of the houses. But one day while wandering the woods in search of firewood, he saw a shooting star fall to Earth and came upon its crash site. It was not a meteorite but a living being wearing what would become his signature armor. The warrior who had fallen had been the last of an order of powerful mystic knights that had recently been all but wiped out. However, mortally wounded, the unnamed warrior entrusted the armor, and sole ownership of it, to Richard. Donning the helmet and armor, Richard was instantly fed, telepathically, the history of the people who had come before him, known as the Order of Nova, named after the sorcerer who had enchanted their armor to give them their extraordinary abilities. Sir Richard vowed to honor the dying warrior's, and the long-dead Nova, by fulfilling their mission to keep the peace by eliminating threats directly rather than waiting for them to attack. But with no other Nova knights to help him, Richard understood that there was merit to being strategic about this, and joined one of the more honorable houses to ensure he would have powerful allies in helping him complete his mission, and also to help him scout for a worthy successor should he fall.
I pledge to: House Stark (seems the most appropriate given he's got super armor, y'know?)

He's approved too

Lithium

Username: Lithium

Character Name: Lorelei Melodi (formerly Lorelei Hill)

Canon

Physical Description:
Height: 5’ 10”
Weight: 370 lbs
Hair color: Dark auburn brown
Eyes: Blue-grey
Physical Build: Voluptuous perfection!

Sexuality: Bisexual

Role: Master of Coin

What does your character desire most?: Thor's heart

Personal Philosophy: Being worshiped and adored is my right

Notable Equipment & Weaponry:
-Adamantium dagger

Skills:
-Competent combatant
-Shrewd business sense

A List of Powers/Spells attributes of your character:
-Superhuman strength, durability and stamina
-Extended longevity
-Can influence the minds of men with her voice (weaker) or touch (stronger), and even control them given enough time, although females are unaffected
-Strong aptitude for magic, but hasn't trained her abilities very extensively

Bio: Abandoned by her parents at birth, Lorelei was raised in an orphanage along with her sister Amora, who was only a few minutes older than her. In her youth, Lorelei harbored the same childhood dreams as most, namely to one day ascend to the same title and riches as the glamorous lords and ladies that she always heard stories about and sometimes glimpsed throughout the city. The day that she laid eyes upon Thor, who at that time was still prince, was the day that her dream turned into an obsession.

No longer content with wanting to join the ranks of the nobility, Lorelei became determined to become queen, with the impossibly handsome Thor as her king and husband. She'd already learned how to abuse the influence that she had over men, but that wasn't how she wanted to go about it. Lorelei wanted to truly win Thor's affection, and she had no doubt that he would fall in love with her, if only she could get close to him.

With that goal in mind, she opened a brothel along with Amora and used her gift to make it the most popular establishment in all of Asgard. With the coin that they earned, the sisters opened several more brothels in every city before expanding into other markets, and in less than a century they'd become wealthy enough to buy their own places among the nobles. Amora was banished shortly thereafter for some illegal use of her sorcery, but Lorelei remained, her heart still set on Thor. 

Much to her dismay, however, Lorelei found out that she was too late. It  was announced that the prince was to be wed to his sister Angela, who had only recently returned from being a bounty hunter or some such nonsense. It wasn't fair! She'd worked so hard and been patient for decades, only for that undeserving redheaded harlot to swoop in and steal her Thor away. Angela wasn't even a full-blooded Asgardian like she was! In a desperate attempt to get what she wanted, Lorelei tried to seduce Thor with her powers before his wedding, only to have her heart broken again when she discovered that he was somehow immune.

Some time later, she was appointed Master of Coin by Odin, and Asgard's wealth has prospered greatly ever since. Her own fortune grew as well, to the point where she eventually became the wealthiest individual in all of Asgard, perhaps even in all of Marvelos. To the world, Lorelei put on an extremely convincing act of being devoted to the realm and being a great friend to Thor and Angela, but behind the scenes she worked tirelessly to sow all sorts of chaos, having her hand in many of the crises and wars from recent history. Far from having given up on her obsession, Lorelei's new plan was to take everything away from Thor until she was the only friend that he had left. If that meant destroying Angela and even his kingdom, Lorelei was prepared to go to those lengths.

I pledge to: Asgard, officially...

blackcatotaku

Quote from: RavenBlackmoon on May 15, 2015, 05:24:57 PM
If he gives out any flowers to the ladies gathered he may just start a civil war... Goodness knows Lady Stark will be watching him with a dreamy look. Sorry Tony, it's that Asgardian physiology...

Haha I think that there will be many of the leading ladies interested in Fandrel, don't worry Emma will share. ;)

NubianLegend

Quote from: Lithium on May 16, 2015, 12:59:11 AM

Username: Lithium

Character Name: Lorelei Melodi (formerly Lorelei Hill)

Canon

Physical Description:
Height: 5’ 10”
Weight: 370 lbs
Hair color: Dark auburn brown
Eyes: Blue-grey
Physical Build: Voluptuous perfection!

Sexuality: Bisexual

Role: Master of Coin

What does your character desire most?: Thor's heart

Personal Philosophy: Being worshiped and adored is my right

-Adamantium dagger

Skills:
-Competent combatant
-Shrewd business sense

A List of Powers/Spells attributes of your character:
-Superhuman strength, durability and stamina
-Extended longevity
-Can influence the minds of men with her voice (weaker) or touch (stronger), and even control them given enough time, although females are unaffected
-Strong aptitude for magic, but hasn't trained her abilities very extensively

Bio: Abandoned by her parents at birth, Lorelei was raised in an orphanage along with her sister Amora, who was only a few minutes older than her. In her youth, Lorelei harbored the same childhood dreams as most, namely to one day ascend to the same title and riches as the glamorous lords and ladies that she always heard stories about and sometimes glimpsed throughout the city. The day that she laid eyes upon Thor, who at that time was still prince, was the day that her dream turned into an obsession.

No longer content with wanting to join the ranks of the nobility, Lorelei became determined to become queen, with the impossibly handsome Thor as her king and husband. She'd already learned how to abuse the influence that she had over men, but that wasn't how she wanted to go about it. Lorelei wanted to truly win Thor's affection, and she had no doubt that he would fall in love with her, if only she could get close to him.

With that goal in mind, she opened a brothel along with Amora and used her gift to make it the most popular establishment in all of Asgard. With the coin that they earned, the sisters opened several more brothels in every city before expanding into other markets, and in less than a century they'd become wealthy enough to buy their own places among the nobles. Amora was banished shortly thereafter for some illegal use of her sorcery, but Lorelei remained, her heart still set on Thor. 

Much to her dismay, however, Lorelei found out that she was too late. It  was announced that the prince was to be wed to his sister Angela, who had only recently returned from being a bounty hunter or some such nonsense. It wasn't fair! She'd worked so hard and been patient for decades, only for that undeserving redheaded harlot to swoop in and steal her Thor away. Angela wasn't even a full-blooded Asgardian like she was! In a desperate attempt to get what she wanted, Lorelei tried to seduce Thor with her powers before his wedding, only to have her heart broken again when she discovered that he was somehow immune.

Some time later, she was appointed Master of Coin by Odin, and Asgard's wealth has prospered greatly ever since. Her own fortune grew as well, to the point where she eventually became the wealthiest individual in all of Asgard, perhaps even in all of Marvelos. To the world, Lorelei put on an extremely convincing act of being devoted to the realm and being a great friend to Thor and Angela, but behind the scenes she worked tirelessly to sow all sorts of chaos, having her hand in many of the crises and wars from recent history. Far from having given up on her obsession, Lorelei's new plan was to take everything away from Thor until she was the only friend that he had left. If that meant destroying Angela and even his kingdom, Lorelei was prepared to go to those lengths.

I pledge to: Asgard, officially...

She's accepted

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Primarch

For the good of the Realm Thor better give her a tumble in the sheets. Sate her desires for a few decades.

Lithium

Quote from: Sirian Eve on May 16, 2015, 08:16:50 AM
Oooo...Lorelei is saucy isn't she? Lol.

Little bit ;P

Quote from: Primarch on May 16, 2015, 08:19:59 AM
For the good of the Realm Thor better give her a tumble in the sheets. Sate her desires for a few decades.

Lol! Depending on how that would go, it might just make her even worse, hehe.

Primarch

On a more serious note, if anyone is interested in taking up a Lord-Commander of the Kingsguard I'd be delighted for Thor to have an old friend from the wars.

Primarch

Elias

Quote from: Primarch on May 16, 2015, 08:43:11 AM
On a more serious note, if anyone is interested in taking up a Lord-Commander of the Kingsguard I'd be delighted for Thor to have an old friend from the wars.

OMG if I didnt already have 2 characters already I would totally make a wolverine character for that role :P

Sirian Eve

I can already tell there is going to be a lot of chaos in this story.  Maybe some one will come a long who wants to play the Kings guard. Loki is good too.

Faustus

Loki? Kingsguard? Pfffft, he isn't protecting his brother. ;)

Speaking of, his application will be done tonight or tomorrow morning!

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

cabalxxvi

Hello, and I am super interested in this here. I would love to play. Going to do some major reading into the threads here, and see what has been taken and what hasn't been taken, and then hash me out a character. I will ask questions as they arise as well.

Also wondering what character have been taken, and what hasn't been taken, that way I can get a general idea of who is available, and who isn't.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Sirian Eve

Hello there, you can check the character sheet thread to see what has been taken. We have a Loki that's a work in progress.

We are looking for a Kings Guard, but OC's are welcomed. Who were you interested in playing?

cabalxxvi

I was kind of interested in playing a main plot character, and don't really want to play the kings guard, only due to my Game of Thrones knowledge. Is there a link to the character thread at all? I didn't see it if there is one.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Sirian Eve

Okay :)

For future reference it's on the first page of this thread and very first post.

Here's the link. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=229197.0

Lithium

Quote from: Sirian Eve on May 17, 2015, 10:06:35 AM
Okay :)

For future reference it's on the first page of this thread and very first post.

Here's the link. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=229197.0

I think he meant the character sheet thread, but yeah the links to every thread are in the first post.

Also there's a few accepted characters that haven't been posted in that thread yet. You guys should post them when you get the chance! :)

-Skaar (Primarch)
-Taskmaster (Garuss)
-Doom (Garuss)
-Nova (Mathim)

AdrianZef

This looks great. I have a character in mind, too, if you're still accepting new characters!

I looked at the character sheet but didn't see a Lady Grey, is there one? (I don't want to take that character, just another one that might fit in her House)
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Sirian Eve

Quote from: AdrianZef on May 17, 2015, 01:11:07 PM
This looks great. I have a character in mind, too, if you're still accepting new characters!

I looked at the character sheet but didn't see a Lady Grey, is there one? (I don't want to take that character, just another one that might fit in her House)

No there is no Lady Grey :) I don't think there are any characters for the house of Grey just yet or Parker.

AdrianZef

I was thinking of having a Wolverine-type character, who would obviously fit in House Grey, but that'll be interesting if there's no Lady Grey... :p
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

AdrianZef

Well, here he is:

edit - originally had him as Wolverine before Sirian kindly pointed out that he is in House M... so I changed the Marvel canon for this character to be deadpool

Username: AdrianZef
Character Name: Sir Wade Wilson
Canon Character inspired by Deadpool, history inspired by Ser Barristan Selmy.
Age: Hundreds of years old, though you wouldn't know by seeing him.
Physical Description: 6'3" tall with a strong and muscular frame. Short dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.
Sexuality: Heterosexual.
Role: Kingsguard (or Queensguard in this case) for House Grey.
What does your character desire most?: Lady Grey.
Personal Philosophy: I never give up. And I never quit.

Vibranium swords - A matching set of one-handed bibranium swords that he wears on his back in an X. They are too heavy for most ordinary humans to use, but he uses them like extensions of his arms, especially after years of practice
Bow and Arrow - A strong bow made of adamantium with a matching string made out of dragon guts (he doesn't know exactly which one...). He likes to carve arrows for them in his free time, and mount arrowheads that he smiths himself.
Steel daggers - A collection of easily replaceable steel daggers. Despite their relative ordinariness, his favorite weapon to use in a fight, for their versatility, since they can be used to stab, block, or throw.
Red and black combat suit - A red and black combat suit that has a more notorious reputation than the man himself.

Skills:
Experienced in combat - He was always a good fighter, regardless of his other skills/powers. Hundreds of years of experience have only refined that further, especially hand-to-hand combat.
Experienced assassin - He has been sent on many assassination missions by the Greys, and has killed several lords of Marvelos over time, usually lesser ones, though. Master of assassination techniques.
Gifted with tongues - Speaks many languages effortlessly, which helps him blend in easily when on an espionage/assassination mission.

A List of Powers/Spells attributes of your character: Extreme regeneration - In an experiment, Lord Grey (now dead centuries ago), experimented on Wade by fusing Sir Logan's extraordinary healing powers into Wade. Turns out, they did an ever better job then they imagined. His extreme powers of regeneration enhances his body in many ways:
Enhanced healing - His body is extremely fast at healing, so he can quickly heal small to large wounds, which makes him invaluable on the battlefield. This also makes him age at a slow pace, so that even though he is hundreds of years old, his body is still as if it was in its prime.
Enhanced senses - He has enhanced senses, allowing him to spot things easily at a distance, see in near-dark, and track people by their scent, if he tries hard enough. His reaction times are also extremely fast, making him quite agile.
Enhanced strength - His natural strength and agility is also enhanced by his body's extreme powers of regeneration and growth, making him many times stronger and faster than an ordinary human.
Resistance - His skin and body are constantly changing and healing, which makes him highly resistant to pain. He heals quickly enough that toxins and diseases are far less effective on him. He is also resistant to telekinesis to some extent, because of how fast his body grows and changes.
Change his appearance - To a certain extent, Wade can regrow parts of his body to shape his appearance. This comes in quite handy when he is spying, though he tends to keep his normal face on most of the time.

Bio:
Wade grew up having a tough life, eventually becoming a thief and a mercenary. When he became deadly ill, he turned himself into the Greys, in a moment of weakness and confusion. Unfortunately for him, things weren't going so well for the Greys at that point. The ruling Grey at that time, known to be a bit... unorthodox, decided to grant him mrecy and instructed his magicians and scientists to try out their experiment on him, as one of their last hopes to maintain control over the kingdoms of Marvelos. And so he was put into an experiment where the incredible healing powers of Sir Logan Howlett, whose DNA they had somehow procured, were merged into his own body. The procedure worked, but he was left in such pain and discomfort that he was useless in battle for the next few months. Which was just when the Greys were attacked at their heart, in King's Landing. Luckily, him and some of the younger members of the Grey family were able to escape to Essos before the battle, seeking refuge across the ocean. When he finally snapped out of his pain, though, he felt more alive than ever. He was strong and healthy, and much more than that. Part of the reason he made it through was his almost psychotic will to live. And now he was intensely loyal to the descendants of the Lord Grey who had saved him and sent him away, despite dying himself.

And so Wade has been with the Grey family for hundreds of years, guiding the young ones and protecting the family as he best could, serving in a role he grew into, a knight of the Kingsguard. The true Kingsguard. He was an... interesting character, who some would call psychotic, but he always remained loyal to the Greys, never forgetting. For years, they wandered Essos trying to find a place to prepare their eventual return to Marvelos, and Wade had served many roles during that time, as mentor to some of the young princes, sparring partner, guard, spy, and sometimes even assassin. He never married, knowing that he would live longer than any other woman, though he did have a number of bastards. However, as Lady Jean Grey grew into a young woman, a talented and powerful one at that, he was smitten. He had always been loyal to House Grey, but his love for Lady Grey went far beyond that. When she was younger, it was more of a brotherly affection, but as she became a woman, that slowly changed without him even realizing.

I pledge to: House Grey.

Sirian Eve

Lol, very nice. The only thing is Logan is House of M not Grey, but the GM will sort that out. I thought you were going to make a wolverine-type character, not actually Logan himself.

AdrianZef

Lol I didn't realize that Logan was in House M, which I see now that I see that section in the first post. Well maybe I'll change him to be more like Deadpool instead, since I was more intrigued by the House Grey/Essos part of it rather than Wolverine himself, after all... And I could probably keep the bio pretty similar also - I'll wait for the GM to chime in, though.

Sirian Eve

I was actually surprised no one had taken Lady Grey yet, but the House of M  is active sense we have a (NPC) Lord Summers,  someone else is playing Frost and then Magneto. Deadpool is always awesome.  ;)

AdrianZef